How?

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 

***Kim Junhee POV***

 

What's with that?” The staff unni told me as I entered SHINee's rehearsal studio. I was almost late but thanks heavens I ran so fast to get there.

 

It was very sunny outside.” I answered reffering to the sunglasses that I was wearing. She frowned and the camera director looked confused as well.

 

Was it too sunny outside? I actually thought it was a fair weather today.” She said and I only shrugged my shoulders – as if wanting to change the topic immediately.

 

Not long after I arrived, the five members came in and they seem to have some funny discussion as I saw Jonghyun oppa laughing.

 

Oh.” He stopped when he noticed me. “Junhee-ah, why are you wearing that?” He asked pointing at my sunglasses. He observed it and smiled, “That's cool!” He walked over and carefully took off my glasses.

 

Yah! Oppa!” It was too late because Oppa has removed it even before I was able to complain and stop him. I tried to hide my face but Key oppa saw it.


“Oh my, what happened to your face, Junhee-ah?!” He walked to me and lifted my face up for him to see better. “Aww... Look at you? What were you doing all night? You seemed to not to have enough sleep.” He said while shaking his head.

 

Honestly, I wasn't able to sleep properly last night. I kept thinking about what I should do – today, or if I should really do anything. I tried hard to ease him out of my mind just for a bit but it just didn't work – so I ended up staying up all night.

 

Onew, as a sunbae, followed Key and looked at me. “Tsk Tsk.” He shook his head.

 

Oh stop, this is your fault. I looked away and avoided Key oppa's touch. “I'm fine. Can I have my glasses back, Jonghyun oppa?”

 

You can't film with glasses on.” Onew sunbae said – or ordered. “Kibum-ah... makeup?”

 

Of course, Key oppa won't leave the dorm without enough supply of makeup with him. “Moisturizer, Concelear, loose powder.” He took them out and gave it to Onew sunbae.

 

Come on.” He grabbed my arm and helped me get up of my seat. We sat with me facing the mirror wall.

 

He started opening the moisturizer and applied it around my eyes. “Oh, I can do it.” I said trying to steal it from him. He avoided it and shook his head.

 

I'll do it.” He said and continued applying moisturizer. “You have all the time to sleep. Stop doing unimportant things and rest when you have to.” He said softly as he was busy with my face. “How I wish I can sleep as much as you can.”

 

I couldn't say it was your fault, could I? I didn't talk. I stared at our reflection on the mirror while trying to control my heart beating fast.

 

We're just inches a part, with his face few centimeters from me. There was a weird feeling inside my stomach. I can't explain it. It was like I really wanted to throw up. I clasped my hands together and noticed that they were sweating. It was cold inside because of the aircon but my back feels so hot.

 

Are you okay? Ease out a bit.” He whispered and I can almost smell his breathe with the scent of the toothpaste still there.

 

Next, he put on some concealer and knowingly pressed it around my eyes. His hand seemed to master this kind of things. “There are times when I really don't care about how I look. I just walk out of the house wearing what can make me comfortable.” He said.

 

To be honest, it irritates my face when I use makeup. It feels so heavy and I thought my face becomes so dirty... so if it's not deemed important or if I'm not on stage or on cam, I don't use makeup and just let my bare face be seen by others.”

 

Isn't it idol's worry to be seen with their bare face?” I asked him back.

 

Suddenly, there was a flow of comfortable conversation between the two of us, and I wonder how it happened.

 

Well, I covered up with my cap.”

 

It can still be seen.”

 

It's okay. It's actually the fans' happiness to see their idols bare faced.” He chuckled.

 

Then I should not hide my eyebags as well.”

 

Why are you hiding it with sunglasses then?” We looked at each other, and laughed. “It's okay for a guy, but I don't think any girl would feel comfortable without having a little touch up on their faces.”

 

He has the point. Very well said.

 

I don't know what you did last night but I know your eyebags worry you a lot, but you still need to face the camera as if there's nothing wrong, so you need to put some makeup on it, but still, though makeup can hide your tired face, you still need to give it some rest, okay?”

 

Deh, sunbae.” I said – having with me such light feeling.

 

Good Hoobae.” He said and both of us were in silent. “Junhee-ah...”

 

Deh?” I said looking up to face him. Our eyes met and my gaze was locked with him. He was looking at me intently – as if trying to read everything that is on my mind. I wanted to look away but I'm lost in his eyes that I can't even move myself away. He smiled genuinely.

 

I looked down and bit my lower lip. What is he doing?

 

I heard him chuckling and leaned forward to whisper to me. “Your eyes told me something... but I think I still need to hear about it.”

 

Huh?” I asked – almost speechless.

 

You know what? You just made me so happy.” He stood up and left me there – unable to think about what he was talking about. “Come on, Junhee~” He called out and though I was still confused, I followed him.

 

I made him happy just now? How?