The announcement

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

A/N: Writing nonstop, I suddenly felt like I was inside the fic. LOL. Whut. Anyways, 3 or 4 more chapters left but there are still a lot to happen!!



 

 

***Kim Junhee POV***


 

Are you okay?” As soon as the song ended, I felt my whole body heating up. It was so intense, and it seemed like all the tension inside my body was released. Suddenly, I felt my knees weakened, and oppa just immediately took a tight grip on me. “Hold me.” He said and smiled at everybody in the crowd as I heard all of them still cheered.


 

Let's go?” He asked me and I nodded – knees still shaking but I tried so hard to walk back to the backstage. “That was awesome. I'm not joking, I swear it was the best.” He kept on saying as we walked back to the waiting room – still holding on to me tightly.


 

We walked pass some of the staff and artists and all of them praised our performance. “It was nerve wracking.” Yoseob, who happened to have sung the original duet with Apink Eunji, told us when we met at the hallway back to our room.


 

The door was closed and outside was SHINee's manager who met us with a smile. “It was mindblowing.” He said and looked at me. “As someone who has not yet debuted, I bet all of these PD nims around are running towards SM Entertainment just to get you in their show.” I smiled and blushed. It felt like I was receiving too much already. “Now, some people want to congratulate you. Are you ready?” He held into the doorknob and as I nodded, he opened the door.


 

Umma, Appa, and the four SHINee members were there. “Congratulations, Kim Junhee!” They all shouted and there, right at that very moment, my tears went down my face and I started crying so hard. Oppa guided me inside and I immediately rushed towards umma and appa to hug them tightly.


 

Aigoo~ Our daughter.” Umma said and rubbed my back. “You were super great just now. We're proud we were able to watch your special performance. It was magical.” She said while hugging me.


 

We're proud of you. You made the right choice of going into this.” Appa said while looking at me lovingly.


 

There is nothing more overwhelming than seeing your parents supporting you to the fullest, and they were also the first people you would definitely want to share your success with. I kept on crying to the point that I can already hear the boys laughing – even Jinki oppa's.


 

Junhee-ah.. stop crying.” Umma said after a while and pushed me a bit to look at my face. “Look at you! You look so messy with the smudged makeup!” She put out the tissue to wipe some of the portion of my face.


 

Junhee-ah.. How was it? How's the feeling of performing on stage for the first time?” Jonghyun oppa, who was just beside appa, asked me.


 

It – It was.. was..” I was stuttering and it caused the five of them to laugh. I was speechless. I didn't know how to express the tension, excitement, nervousness, happiness, and all the things that I felt that moment.


 

We understand very well, Junhee.” Key oppa said. “We felt the same during our first performance on stage, but it was even harder for you, since you didn't really train to be a singer. You're supposed to be an actress.” He said.


 

And it was great.” Taemin oppa added. “It runs in the blood.”


“Of course.” Jonghyun oppa boasted and smiled proudly. “She is my cousin. Of course she can sing so well!!”


 

Aniya, Jonghyunnie~” Umma said and interrupted. “She sang well because she has her handsome and hardworking mentor.” We all looked at Jinki oppa and he scratched his head while blushing. “Jinki-ah... thank you very much. I know you've suffered a lot because of Junhee but... you did great.” My umma, by nature, didn't forget to comment Jinki oppa.


 

I was not even there when she practiced. She made it great because of herself.” He replied. “But thank you, omonim. I will always do my best for her.” He smiled brightly.


 

Wow.” Jonghyun oppa uttered and walked towards him. Eventually, he wrapped and arm around Jinki oppa before talking again. “Isn't this the great time to reveal something else, Jinki hyung?” He said with a very suspicious smile.


 

Oh.. Is he referring about...


 

Uhmm...” Jinki oppa paused.


 

Aigoo~ Auntie!” Minho oppa shouted and all of us looked at the door. A middle aged couple arrived. However, the man's smile looked so familiar.


 

Umma? Appa? Why are you here?”


 

The couple greeted everybody first before talking to me. “We were also in the audience a while ago watching you. I thought you probably didn't see us because of the banners we're holding.” She said and held up the banner that says, “Kim Junnhe jjang!”


 

But... but what are you doing here?” He asked confused.


 

We're here to support Junhee's first performance.” His father said and smiled at me. “We watched it live, Junhee... and we're really proud of you.”


 

Suddenly, his mother went to me and hugged me tightly. “Aigoo~ I finally met you.” She looked into my eyes and smiled gently. “You don't know how thankful I am that Jinki met someone like you.”


 

Umma!” Jinki oppa shouted and tried pulling his mother away.


 

Are you Junhee's parents? We're Lee Jinki's parents. Nice meeting you.” His mother approached my parents and shook hands with them. My parents smiled at them and in an instanced, the 2 couples looked so close.


 

So what are you waiting for, hyung?” Jonghyun oppa uttered again. “The family is complete now. Junhee's parents, your parents, and SHINee.” He teased which caused the other people to looked at Jinki oppa weirdly.


 

Well...” He looked at me as if asking for something. We looked each other for some seconds. He was secretly sending a message and eventually, I nodded. “Junhee and I.. we are...”


 

I looked at him. He must be the one saying about the two of us. I waited, and so as the other people, but the nervousness I felt a while ago seemed to transfer to him. He was speechless.


 

You are?” Appa asked and looked at me. “What is he going to say?”


 

Junhee and I... we are...”


 

Trying to help him, I went beside him and held his hand, intertwinining my fingers with his. I lifted our hands up and showed them to the rest – not saying anything more.


 

Y-you...” Umma said while stuttering. “You mean you and Jinki ssi are...” I nodded. There was silence for quite a while until everybody screamed as if they were celebrating.


 

Finally!” His umma hugged me again. “Finally! He made it! I thought he won't be able to have you but I'm so happy!”


 

His mother talked as if she knew a lot about me. However, I felt her warm heart and I deeply accepted her. “When this man over here make you cry, don't be afraid to run to us and we'll beat him for you, okay?” I laughed. They are so kind.


 

But my parents didn't want to lose. “She is so stubborn at times and there will be times where she gets irritated. When that happens, Junhee just nags and all so please... bear with her.” Umma told Jinki oppa to which he smiled.


 

I experience that often, omoni. It's okay.” He said while chuckling.


 

If you can handle her well, just call me and we'll do it together.” Appa patted his shoulder. “This girl doesn't always listen. Make sure to lead her well or else you'll end up just following her orders a lot.”


 

Appppaaa~~” I called out whining, but both of them chuckled as if they were close friends.


 

That. That certain aegyo she'll use just to make you follow whatever she wants. Don't fall for it too much.”


 

That's okay, appuji.. as long as it makes her happy then that's fine with me.” Jinki oppa uttered which made all the people inside the room cringe.


 

YAH! Lee Jinki!” Jonghyun oppa wrapped an arm around him again. “Goodluck with Junhee. Take good care of her and from now on...” He pinched oppa's cheek. “Stop lurking around bars, arachi?” He looked at me then. “When he goes to bar or meet other girls, I'll definitely tell you, dongsaeng.”


 

Again, everybody inside the room laughed.