Nevermind?

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

***Kim Junhee***

 

Just say it directly to him.” Jonghyun oppa leaned in forward just to tell me that. I thought he was going to tell me a good way of how to say it.

 

But oppa I am too...”

 

Too what? Just be confident, Junhee-ah. You seem like you're only afraid to confess because you don't want to be rejected. Come on, I thought you can do anything?”

 

But..”

 

He chuckled softly. “I thought you only changed Onew hyung, seems like he changed you, too.” He took another spoon of his ice cream and waited for me to say something. “Junhee ah, it's okay for guys to wait for the girl they like but... you should not take too long. If you want to have something meaningful with hyung, then you should do what you need to do, after all, based on what you've told me, it seems like he has done his part.” He paused for a while, thinking.. “well, actually... I think it's more than what he should just do. In front of the manager, during your acting activity, and a while ago during recording, that's a total of three confessions, Junhee ah.”

 

You make me feel bad.” I pouted. He made three confessions while here I am struggling to even make one.

 

While we were finishing the rest of our ice cream, Jinki oppa called. “Junhee-ah!! Daebak!” He said the moment I answered the phone.

 

Why? What happened, oppa??”

 

We won! We won!” He shouted excitedly on the other line. “We watched some clips from last night until early this morning and voted on who seemed like to fit in the character and you won!”

 

Wow! Oppa! That's great!!!”

 

But that's not the main reason why I'm so happy for you.” He said and pause for quite a while before continuing. “Where are you? Should we see each other? I'm going to tell it to you personally!”

 

Uhh...” I paused for a while, “I'm with Jonghyun oppa having ice cream...” Jonghyun oppa who was silently watching me chuckled. I though he enjoyed the nervous and worried expression that he can see on my face.

 

I'm sorry, Onew hyung... but at least let me have my cousin for few hours.” Jonghyun oppa said making Jinki oppa hear it.

 

Put the loudspeaker on.” Jinki oppa said and I did as follows. “Jonghyun-ah! Just take care of her, okay? After few one hour she needs to be mine again.”

 

Onew hyung! You really proved to me that you are someone who can steal his friend's cousin!”

 

Someone who can steal Kim Jonghyun's most beautiful cousin.” Jinki oppa corrected.

 

But seriously, hyung... stop acting, I knew you were really not a couple!”

 

We'll get there.” Jinki oppa told Jonghyun oppa which made me really blush.

 

Yah! Stop talking about me!” I said and put the phone away from Jonghyun oppa and put the speaker off. “I'll call you later.” I ended the call immediately – not even allowing him to answer. Few seconds after, I received a message from him.

 

Hanging up on me without proper goodbye... tsk tsk. You're so mean. :'( bad.”

 

Come on.” Jjong oppa stood up and fixed himself. “I need to bring you to someone.”

 

*** *** *** ***

 

We're almost here.” Jjong oppa talked to someone on the phone while we were on our way to the SM's garden.

 

Who's that?” I asked when he ended the call.

 

Onew hyung. He was asking if we're almost there.” He answered shortly. “This feels so weird. Why do I feel like giving you out to someone else.” Jonghyun oppa shook his head. “I knew from the start that you'll grow beautifully, but for almost 7 years being with Onew hyung since training years, I never imagined you and him... but looking at you and Onew hyung together, I realize you're a good match. You might be his dongsaeng, but you can actually nag like his mother.”

 

Oppa!” I blushed as oppa continued teasing me. After a while, we saw Jinki oppa sitting silently near the fountain.

 

He smiled when he saw us coming. “See you later.” Jonghyun oppa said and looked at Jinki oppa. They exchanged stares as if they were talking to each other and then Jonghyun oppa left us after a while.


“So what's the good news?” I asked to lessen the awkwardness that we felt.

 

Oh yeah! Music Bank asked for an SM Trainee that will showcase a special stage performance next week, and because you were the best performing trainee on the last activity you've had, so you are going to do the special stage! That means exposure!” He said excitedly.

 

Really?!!” I almost wanted to jump in joy and excitement. “Oh my, that is really really great! I'm so excited, oppa!”

 

I know! I know!” He held both my hands and pressed them lightly. “I am so proud of you. Like really, your acting was so great!”

 

I stopped for a while after thinking of what he had just said. Your acting was great... Suddenly, I heard my heart beating fast, my hands fidgeting and sweating, and I really felt so nervous.

 

Look, oppa...” I scratched my head and closed my eyes letting out a sigh, Calm down, Junhee.. Calm down.

 

What?” He asked – confused. “Is something wrong? Are you nervous about your special stage? Don't worry, I'll help.. we'll see what you can do. You can sing or dance.. i'll help you...”

 

No. Not about that.” I said, my voice really shaking at the moment. He chuckled. “Yah. Why are you laughing?”

 

Nothing.” He covered his mouth with his fingers while trying to keep a laugh. “Your expression right now looks familiar. I think I saw this during that activity with the president yesterday.”

 

Uhmm....” Long pause.

 

Are you okay, Junhee ah?”

 

Aish I don't know!!!” I suddenly shouted leaving him surprised and taken aback. “I don't know how to say it! I hate you! You make things so difficult for me!”

 

What did I do?!” He asked – but laughing.

 

I don't know! Nevermind!” I my back walking away when he suddenly grabbed my hand. I stopped.

 

Yah.” Jinki oppa said. “When you were so dense all along, I didn't give up when you kept on being so dense about my feelings, I'm just trying to make you feel you hard it is trying to confess to someone, but it seemed like he doesn't have any idea at all.”

 

I looked at him – almost about to cry. Why is this so hard? Why am I nervous? Why do I want to tell him I like him so much but ends up telling I hate him?

 

Okay. I'll give you another chance.” He said and smiled. “I like you...”

 

We looked at each other... “I... l... I like you, too.”


// Oh Gosh. I was trembling when I'm writing this as well.. It's so hard to confess to someone, oh my gosh. I'm sorry. LOL