Hi, mentor

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

*** Kim Junhee POV ***

 

Oh, Annyonghasaeyo~” It was Taemin oppa who opened the dorm the moment I rang the bell. “Wah. Come in, come in.. we were really expecting you.” He said and waved cutely at the camera – as if he was very used to this. Actually, he is. They are.

 

Make yourself comfortable, Junhee-ah.” He told me and played with the camera after. He even winked at me which made me feel like he was trying to help me out. I went to the living area and Jonghyun oppa came to see me.

 

Junhee-ah... how are you?” He asked while he dried his hair with the bath towel.

 

Good, oppa.”

 

Oh.. you're mentor's going out in a bit. He's fixing himself first.” He said and went to the camera to play with Taemin. I remained there at the living area standing alone. The coordi unni who was with just a while ago seemed to enjoy the two's company.

 

It was a relief for me since the pressure on me to talk a lot was lessened a bit. Then the door on the left opened, Lee Jinki came out with his hair still wet and his face still makeup less. Of course, that's the job of their makeup artist. It was just surprising how he SHINee can go around with the camera and their faces makeup less. I mean... some idols even hide their faces when they have BB creams on already.

 

Oh. Annyonghasaeyo...”

 

He was wearing a white sando under his blue denim polo with buttons fully opened partnered with faded jeans. “Good morning, Kim Junhee-ssi.” He told me with a gentle smile.

 

He is playing Onew, so don't be surprise.

 

I smiled. “Annyonghasaeyo, sunbaenim.” I bowed as a formal greeting and he chuckled.

 

I guess this won't be too difficult for us since we both know each other for the past years, the difference is that, you need to call me sunbae from now on.”

 

Ah.. ye.” I only uttered.

 

First off.” He clapped his hands together like a real instructor. “Let's seat for a while.” He took a seat on the couch and patted the space next to him. “Beside me.”

 

I looked at him and frowned. Being professional yes, but I don't think I need to sit next to him that close. I mean... we're supposed to be formally talking to each other – and along that is the formal gestures towards each other.

 

Come on.” He said.

 

I was reluctant to say, Why should I? , since we are in front of the camera and it will not appear to be that so good. I just looked at him, my back was facing the camera so my expressions are unseen. I frowned and lifted an eyebrow.

 

Lesson number 1: Never doubt your mentor's instructions. You never learn once you start doubting.” He said straightly and patted the space again, “Lesson number 2: Indeed, there are 2nd chances, but there are also cases wherein the opportunity knocks in only once, so for every chances worth taking, don't hesitate to do so.”

 

He sighed. “Beside me.”

 

Fine, fine, for the sake of this program.

 

If it's something he was doing on purpose, then I don't like it and I must say... I am not comfortable with him being so formal but informal as well. It's like he's using his seniority to overpower me.

 

And I am so helpless coz I can't even help myself.

 

I sat beside him, silently. I wasn't talking and I took a deep breather. Wrong move. Lee Jinki's scent immediately entered my nostrils and my whole senses almost got a shock. It felt so strong – but not harsh for my sense. The shower gel that he used and the body spray mixed in a good way that it was very pleasing to the nose.

 

From just his smell alone, I felt the hair on the back of my nape stood and I was having goosebumps all over me. I knew it was really a bad move to stay close to him like this.

 

He looked at me and noticed how stiff I suddenly got. “Lesson number 3: If it's a reality show, or something not fictional, then stop being plainly stiff.” He pointed at the camera and looked at me. “Firstly, you are not just an actress, you are a TV personality. You have to showcase yourself as a person, and not just a girl with a talent. Secondly, if you know you're filming for a reality show, and it requires you to be yourself, you don't act naturally, you naturally act.”

 

Oh sure, as if you do that for real, you Lee Jinki.

 

Lesson number 4: Don't look at your mentor like that. He will probably get all shy and awkward around his trainee.”

 

With one quick move, I glanced away. I didn't know I was staring too long at him. He stood up and looked at me. “From now on, you are going with me to everywhere I go and whatever I do. If we have spare time, then we'll try to uncover some of the extra skills that you can actually show during broadcasts.” He looked at the camera. “I am SHINee Leader Onew and I'm here to mentor our dear Kim Junhee. Please bear with me as I may have some shortcomings as a mentor in the future.” He flashed his trademark Dubu smile and waved at the camera.


// he's gonna be your favorite mentor, alright.