If I want to, then I have to

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

“Can I bring you to the dorm for a while?” Onew ssi said the moment that I entered his car. For two weeks, he has been picking me up from school and from home. He never missed a day. It was surprising, because slowly... he's becoming more like a human to me. Though there were still times that we fought, often times, I found myself agreeing to the things that he was saying.

 

He got some sense, and some of his views are pretty interesting, and I have to admit it's fun talking to him when both of us meet in the center of our mood.

 

“Why for?” I asked.

 

“For Jonghyun.” He said and looked at me with that worried face on him. “I think he's having some problems with Kim Jiwon ssi. He's always not in the mood and I often notice that he's sad.”

 

“Oh.” I suddenly felt worried for Jonghyun oppa as well. If he was really having problems with Jiwon unni... then I think he's really sad and problematic right now. I know oppa to be so into the girl he loves. Everything about the girl is a big deal. “Is oppa at your dorm?”

 

“Yes... so, are you going with me there?”

 

I nodded. He smiled before starting the engine. We didn't talk until we reach their dorm.

 

I was about to go out when he stopped me. “Wait, Junhee-ah. I think Kim Jiwon ssi is inside.” He said. “That car. She owns that.”

 

“Oh... then it won't be good to go in right now.”

 

“Yes. We need to stay here for a while.” Onew ssi said and I sat back to my seat.

 

There was an awkward silence before Onew ssi broke it out. “I'll bring you home after you finish talking to Jonghyun.” He said.

 

“No need. I can go home alone.” I replied simply.

 

“No. I insist.”

 

“You don't have to go up to this extent, Onew ssi. I can manage going home alone.” I said clearly. Onew ssi looked at me for a long while that I think, it made me blush.

 

“Will it hurt you so much?” He asked. “Tell me, do you still hate me?”

 

It was an offguard question and I was lost for words. For two weeks, I forgot to ask myself if I still hate him, or not anymore. How can I answer this question?

 

“I don't hate you... but I still don't like you.” I answered to which Onew ssi chuckled.

 

“Do you realize what you're saying?” He asked me with a mocking tone. “You're actually saying you don't like someone who is actually liked by a lot of girls in South Korea.”

 

I nodded. “Well, yeah. I know that. They like you a lot that they can even threaten someone who involves herself to you. They like you so much that they stay all night long outside your dorm and sleep on a newspaper, wait for 30 hours, just take a glimpse of you for 3 seconds. They all like you that much, but that doesn't mean no one is entitled to dislike you.”

 

“Woah,” Onew ssi answered and shook his head. “You and your mouth. This is the 2nd time you talk to me that way.”

 

I bit my lower lip in embarrassment. I keep on forgetting that Onew ssi is actually older than me by 5 years. I should stop disrepecting him and try talking to him in a more polite way.

 

But I can't help it. He was the one who made me say those things.

 

“I think i'm just like this because you're mean to me. I mean... okay fine. You're not the Onew everybody knows on TV. Fine, I can accept that, but being mean to me and bullying me everytime we see each other, and putting me into scandals i'm even innocent of, it's just too much. It's too much, Onew ssi.” I told him.

 

He nodded and was silent for a while. “I'm sorry, then.”

 

Oh, what did you eat?! Lee Jinki apologizing to me sincerely?! What?!

 

“I like you, that's why I get so mean to you.. so that you will pay attention to me. Nevermind if I irritate you or not.. what's important is that... you pay attention to me.”

 

What?!

 

“O... Onew-ssi.” I stutted. I was not prepared to hear those words.

 

“Junhee-ah...” He called softly and moved closer to me. I feel goosebumps all over my body. What is he gonna do?? “Can... can I...”

 

Involuntarily, I closed my eyes and waited for what's going to happen next.

 

“That's what's gonna happen if you ask oppa to be nice to you.” I immediately opened my eyes and saw that he was only few inches from me. I flinched and immediately looked away. He was smiling.

 

While I... felt like I was fooled again by the same man.

 

I was in the verge of crying when Jiwon unni came out of the dorm. She was covering her face but we knew she was crying. Onew ssi and I looked at each other before getting off the car, running to the dorm, and making sure no one recognizes who I am.

 

We found Jonghyun oppa on the living area. Both hands on his forehead as he looked down on the floor. “Oppa...”

 

Jonghyun oppa looked up. “Oh.. Junhee-ah... you came?”

 

I sat next to him and sighed, “Is there something wrong?”

 

“Jiwonnie.. she wants to break up with me.” He revealed. “Her company doesn't want her to be in a serious relationship since she's going to be on a drama soon.”

 

I don't know what to say. I don't even know how to console oppa that time. He seemed to be really down and sad. I feel so worthless. I wish I could do something to cheer him up or to help him solve the problem.

 

Then Onew ssi sat beside Jonghyun oppa and patted his back. “Break up with her.” He said. Jonghyun oppa's eyes grew bigger.

 

“Of course not, hyung! I will never break up with her, I love her so much!” He told him and Onew ssi chuckled.

 

“Exactly. But what i'm saying is that... at least tell her company that the two of you breakup. You know, you don't have to follow what the company says. Only the two of you know that you are together, and the rest are ignorant of your relationship – even us.”

 

“You mean...”

 

“If the company wants the two of you to separate then give it to them, just don't do it for real if you don't want to let go of her.” He said and stood up after giving off a sigh. “I'll just make a juice for our visitor.” He said and went to the kitchen.

 

I heard Jonghyun oppa sighed and shook his head while smiling. “He has the point, right?” He looked at me and I nodded. “Onew hyung... as usual, anyways, Junhee-ah... what brought you here suddenly? Did you miss oppa?” He asked. The expression on his face has changed.

 

“Well... Onew ssi told me he's worried about you so he brought me here to check on you.” I told him. “I'm sorry I couldn't cheer you up, oppa.”

 

“Oh. He picked you up from school?” He asked after noticing that I was still in my school uniform.

 

“Well.. as usual.” I told him.

 

“As usual?” He asked – frowning.

 

I wanted to smile. Jonghyun oppa was like acting up as if he wasn't aware about Onew ssi picking me up from school everyday. I nodded.

 

“I know you asked Onew ssi not to tell me about it, but yeah... I know you asked him to apologize to me for what he's done and he needs to pick me up from school and home. I don't hate him now as much as did before so yeah... don't be mad at him anymore.” I told her.

 

He smiled reluctantly and nodded. “Oh.. yeah. It was a relief that both of are okay now. You see, hyung is like my bestfriend.. and you are my sister. I want the two of you to get along.” He said.

 

“Deh, oppa.. I promise to treat him better from now on... as I see.. though we have different views about a lot of things, and he often gets into my nerves. He's not that bad after all.”

 

“Good. I'm happy.” He told me and messed with my hair again. “Oh.. before it gets too late, should I bring you home?”

 

“Oh... Onew ssi said he'll bring me home after talking to you.”

 

Jonghyun oppa smiled, “Oh right... Onew ssi will.” As we both stood up, Onew ssi came with a tray of orange juice and a club sandwich.

 

Jonghyun oppa walked passed Onew ssi and patted his shoulder. “Onew hyung... I'm glad you're taking care of my dongsaeng as I wish.” I saw him winked at Onew ssi and the latter replied with a surprised expression.

 

**** ****

 

“Onew ssi.. I know it's a burden to you coming over everyday just to pick me up. It's okay. I'm fine with you now and I have talked with oppa about that. He said he's happy we're okay so.. you don't need to do this again.” I said before getting off his car.

 

“You told Jonghyun ssi?!” He asked and was surprised.

 

I nodded, “Yeah. But don't worry! He didn't get angry. He was okay with it.”

 

“Oh. Yeah.” He said – and looked very worried. “So... see you tomorrow?”

 

“I told you, you don't have to do this.” I told him again.

 

“Yes, I don't have to... but if I want to, then I have to. Do you get it?” He smiled and showed me his dubu smile. The first time in my life since he only showed dubu smile to his fans.

 

“B-but... why do you want to do it?” Why do you ask, pabo?? Certainly not because he likes you. Stop assuming!

 

“Well... let's say... because I'm trying to steal away Jonghyun's little cousin.” He chuckled. “I have always been jealous of your relationship.. of how close you are.. maybe because I was an only child, and our relatives live in the province. I don't have the chance to be close with any of my cousins. Since Jonghyun's really close to his noona.. I think it won't hurt a lot if I take his dongsaeng away from him.” I looked at him and blinked my eyes continuously. Is this person for real?

 

“Let me correct you. I'm not someone who can steal his friend's girlfriend, but I can be someone who can steal his friend's little sister.” He patted my head gently, “Now go in and take some rest, dongsaeng. See you tomorrow.” He smiled. I was speechless.