The unseen side

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

*** Kim Junhee POV ***

 

Okay, let's go!” He closed the door of the van and the driver started the engine. We took the van provided by the crew and the other SHINee members took the other van for them. I was beside Lee Jinki, the camera director sat beside the driver while his camera was aimed at us.

 

Did they give you my schedule for today?” He asked casually – using informal language.

 

They didn't.” I answered – formally. Number one reason: He is a sunbae.

 

I see...” He thought for a while before talking again. “So from 11 am to 2 pm we're going to have a rehearsal for a certain choreography that will be used on the upcoming Golden Disk Awards. After that, I'm going to film a TV appearance with the members. We expect it to be finished at around 7 pm. 8:30, we need to be at the studio for Sukira pre-recording and then after that-”

 

Another schedule after Sukira at 8:30?? What time will it be finished?” I was too surprised about the list of his schedule that I cut him off while he was talking.

 

He looked at me. “Sukira? We might finish recording at around 11:30...” He said.

 

And then the next schedule will be?”

 

A photoshoot and interview for a magazine.”

 

Until what time?”

 

It depends.” He shrugged. “But a photoshoot normally lasts for two to three hours.. if you include the interview.. then probably around 4 or 5 hours.” He looked up the ceiling while thinking.

 

Woah.” I know a celebrities' schedule is a kill but his is just too much, “Then after that... you're going home?”

 

I guess?” He said, still unsure of his own sched. “But don't worry... I'll let you go at 10 pm so you can rest and go back tomorrow at 10 am.” He looked away passed the window and ignored me who was still looking at me.

 

Is he getting proper sleep with this kind of work? I mean...

 

If you're worried about Jonghyunnie getting all stuck up with this kind of hectic sched then don't worry... I am the only one needed for Sukira and the photoshoot.” He probably noticed me looking at him for long. I looked away.

 

Oh...” I muttered and sighed. “That's a relief.”

 

Few minutes later, we reached the company and I just followed while he walked with the other members.

 

A while ago, Onew ssi told you about his schedule and you seemed so schocked. Why is that?”

 

Uhhh... yeah, it just seemed like he isn't getting any sleep at all.” I simply answered. “I know that once you're a celebrity, then you don't normally go to bed on time but... I don't know, isn't his schedule too much? I hope he gets good sleep after that.” I told while facing the camera.

 

How about in the future? You might probably get the same kind of schedule.” The camera director asked again.

 

I smiled at the camera and shrugged. “Thanks to Onew sunbae, I can prepare even more after seeing his schedule.” I chuckled but stopped when Jinki ssi looked at me.

 

Here, Junhee-ssi!” He said and asked me to enter the practice room. I ran a bit to quickly get to him – I mean inside the practice room.

 

Is it okay if you sit here for a while and observe?” He asked politely to which I nodded.

 

That's what I'm supposed to do by the way... to watch and learn.

 

I looked for a place to sit down and I found this empty space on the side. He looked at me and pointed the area where the huge mirror wall is placed. “Sit there so you could see better.”

 

Lesson number one is to never doubt your mentor's instruction. I stood up and went to where he pointed at and sat there – not saying anything nor complaining. I must be known as the trainee who listens very well.

 

Won't the streaming be so bored if we just sit here and watch them do rehearsals?” I asked boldly at the staff unni.

 

Fans might probably find it more entertaining to just watch their idols dance.” She chuckled.

 

Suddenly, as I stare and watched silently, a different kind of Onew/Lee Jinki appeared in front of me. I don't think he is someone I ever met. He seemed so focused, unmoved, and not distracted. I saw him listening well to the choreographer. I saw him made some mistake and – as I never expected him to be – he rather stays quiet for the remarks given by the choreographer. This isn't him during all the practice that I've seen.

 

Onew... Lee Jinki.. who is this person in front of me?