Won't Click

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

The five of them let out a relieving sigh when the President of SM and the representatives left the room. Onew ssi even rested his head on his seat and looked up at the ceiling. “Thank Heavens it's done.” He said.

 

“So what really happened last night?” Jonghyun oppa said after making sure that the remaining people were only SHINee and myself. Onew ssi looked at him and frowned.

 

“Just what we said a while ago.” He simply answered to which Key oppa chuckled mockingly.

 

“You called Junhee for coffee because her school is nearby? That's surprising.” Then he looked at me and smirked, “And you actually accepted his invitation to have a coffee with him? That's even more surprising.” He said.

 

Jonghyun oppa sighed. “Can you tell me what happened yesterday, Junhee-ah?”

 

I stopped and didn't talk for a while. What should I say? How can I make a story that will jive to what Onew ssi said a while ago? I looked at Onew ssi, he looked at me while waiting for me to talk.

 

“Can I just say it?” I told him and he was surprised at first.

 

“Wait, no. You can't.” He told me and shook his head. I noticed the other members looking from me to Onew ssi and vice versa. They might be curious to what I was talking about with him.

 

“But... isn't it better that way?” I asked, calmer. “It's better if the others will know about it.”

 

Onew ssi suddenly reached pass Jonghyun oppa, who was just in the middle of us, to grab my hand and hold it tightly. I was surprised until he looked at me in the eyes and gently said, “Please... not now, Junhee-ah.” There were sparkles in his eyes and for some seconds, I thought I was lost and getting dizzy.

 

“Yah!” I came back to my senses when Jonghyun oppa stood up hitting the table with his palm. “Onew hyung!! What makes you think I would allow you hooking yourself up to my cousin?”

 

My eyes grew bigger when I heard Jonghyun oppa. “Oppa!”

 

“Never did I meddle with all the girls you've been with, but not my sister. Not her. She's just 18 and she doesn't know how to play your game!”

 

“Yah, oppa! It's a misunderstanding!” I shouted and stood up to stop Jonghyun-oppa. “We are not in the relationship that you were thinking of!”

 

“Kim Junhee.” Jonghyun oppa looked at me and I was taken a back for some seconds. “I thought you don't like this hyung... wait, were you hiding something from me all along?”

 

“Aniyaa!!” I shouted in my defense.

 

“What's wrong if we're dating? I like her.” Onew ssi suddenly said which literally stopped my whole world. Like? Me? He's got to be kidding me – us.

 

“What?” Jonghyun oppa said and threw a raging gaze.

 

“Look, Jonghyun-ssi. I don't think there's something wrong if I come to like your cousin. Why are you acting as if it's very wrong to date her? I'm not committed, and so is she. I'm 24, she's 18 and legal. Is it really bad for me to like her?”

 

I blinked continuously as I heared him say those words. He was being so serious and even looking at Jonghyun oppa eye to eye. “Ya-yah...” I tried stopping both of them, but hearing those seemed like I lost all the energy to talk and even to move. Onew ssi looked at me. It was very overpowering.

 

Yet again, I felt like being lost to someone's eyes. To this particular man's eyes. “It's not like I will just hurt her.”

 

“B-but...” Jonghyun oppa was out of words, too.

 

“Are you serious, Onew hyung?” Minho asked – he seemed not to believe what Onew ssi was saying. “If you say you like her, and will start dating her, then... that means you should give up hooking yourself up with other girls while the two of you are together.” He said.

 

Minho oppa and Onew ssi are both so into girls. They do blind dates and secret datings a lot though I don't think the whole world knows about that. Minho oppa usually dates young and newbies while Onew ssi dates noonas who exhibit profound admiration towards him.

 

“... And she's younger than you.” Key oppa uttered.

 

While I... I stayed standing there, not able to talk or say a thing. I just can't believe it. Onew ssi... the one who is liked by almost all the girls... he's in love with me? No.. like.. it's hard to believe.

 

and yet, I am hearing all those words straight from his mouth.

 

“Jonghyun-ah...” Onew ssi called out to oppa. The latter looked at him.

 

“Hyung... just because I believe in you as a friend and I know you won't go to this extent so... fine.” He said and nodded. “But don't you ever hurt my cousin because for sure I'll..”

 

“Bwahahahahaahahahaha!!!” Onew ssi suddenly laughed so loud which echoed into the whole room. We were all shocked. “Hahahahha! Wait, Jonghyun-ah, this is so funnyyy...” He said and laughed for a while.

 

Oh. I got it. It's a joke.

 

“Yah! Onew-hyung!” The four oppas shouted when they realized why Onew ssi laughed. “Who said you can fool around at this time!” Key oppa shouted.

 

“Because you were all so serious!” Onew ssi answered. “We lied so they will never have to dig in as to why I was about to meet Park Chorong. Look, I was about to meet Park Chorong, but Kim Jiwon arrived and greeted me. We chatted for a while and I didn't know your cousin was there doing some sort of triple date.”


“What?!” I hitched.

 

“You were doing that triple date highschoolers always do.” Onew ssi told me. “I saw them trying to call you out when you immediately left the coffee shop.”

 

I shook my head. He's really so mean. I was right from the start.

 

“I was trying to stop her because she said she'll run to you and I don't want you to receive false news from that girl.” He became a bit serious and I don't know why I feel embarrased.

 

“It's not true that girls are the ones who think more critical than guys. In fact, for girls... what you see... is what you get.” He shrugged his shoulders. “I pulled her instead of Park Chorong because Park Chorong is also an idol and I want it to seem like we just bumped into each other while the two of us fight. People won't bother about this story if they figure out she's you cousin... technically... fans will think Junhee and I are friends. I lied to the managers and to the representatives because some of the representatives were actually insiders of the media. They might spilled out the reality if I tell them the truth... as I said.. you don't believe anything just because that's how they were shown to you.”

 

He chuckled and patted Jonghyun's back. “I'm sorry I had to joke around.” Then he looked at me and smiled, “Thanks for cooperating with me for those representatives. Great job.” He patted my head and messed with it a little.

 

Then he left.

 

“Seriously, Onew hyun is surprising.” Taemin oppa said after he left. “It seemed like he wasn't joking until he laughed.”

 

“Onew hyung should star in some drama.” He chuckled.

 

“Junhee-ah.” Jonghyun-oppa looked at me and tried observing my expression. I was looking at the ground – thinking. “Are you okay?” He said and rubbed my back.

 

“Oh.. yeah. Of course.” I looked at him and smiled as if I didn't feel anything. “I knew he was just joking around. Psh... oppa. He won't make me believe in him.” I chuckled. “Are you treating me for snack, oppa? I want to eat ice cream.” I said.

 

His expression changed and he smiled gently. “Sure. Let's go.” Oppa wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “Kids, we're just going out for a while, okay?”

 

“Oh.. you're not gonna treat us?” Minho oppa asked and Jonghyun oppa shook his head. The other three complained while we left the meeting room.

 

“So... dongsaenggie ~” Jonghyun oppa said sweetly as we entered the ice cream parlor. “Tell oppa about what you feel.”

 

“What I feel about?” I asked.

 

“You eat ice cream when you feel either too happy or too depressed. So which one? I supposed it's not the 1st.”

 

“Oppa ~” I called out. “What are you saying? Can't I eat ice cream just because it's hot?”

 

“It's not hot, sweetie.” Jonghyun chuckled. “Come on, tell oppa... or should I guess?”

 

I didn't talk. I don't know how does oppa read me but... err. Nevermind. I just want to eat ice cream, for whatever reason it might be... I don't know.

 

“Were you disappointed?” Jonghyun oppa said as he put down the orders on our table. I looked at him and he smiled. “You thought it was real as well.” He said.

 

“What?”

 

“When Onew hyung said he likes you, what did you feel?”

 

“Nothing.” I tried answering as short as possible so he won't ask anymore question.

 

“Nothing? You weren't just surprised or shocked or mad because he likes you?” He asked again and I didn't answer. “Come on, Junhee-ah... Tell oppa... or you still won't?”

 

“Oppa~ It's fine. Nothing's wrong with me. It was just a joke from Onew ssi and he was obviously fooling around. Let's not talk about that and move on.” I said and took a bite on the banna split with 2 scoops of ice cream that I ordered.

 

“Junhee-ah... I know oppa doesn't have the right to control your feelings but... as much as possible, you should try avoiding falling for hyung.”

 

“... I mean, yeah, hyung is a kind person but... when it comes to relationship, I don't think he can be serious enough. Truthfully? I think Onew hyung needs someone that can lead him. Someone mature and capable enough to stop the silly things that he does with his life. Someone that can have this authority over him... more like... he can see that person as his mother... who he is very afraid to disobey.”

 

I chuckled. The way Jonghyun oppa described Onew ssi is like he is a rebelling child that needs the guidance of a mother.

 

“Chill, oppa ~ I also want someone that could take care of me.. so basically, he and I won't click.” I chuckled and take another bite of my food.


// they believe they won't click, yeah.