Given the chance

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 “Damn Onew, focus!” I lifted up my head as I heard Tony Testa yelling at me in English. We were used to him being like this whenever he's irritated towards us. He clapped his hand twice and I put back the phone on my pocket.

 

Leave your phone on your bag and let's continue.” He said strictly and I followed – half smiling because I was embarrassed by the foreign choreographer and I saw my members trying to hold their laughs.

 

After another 2 rounds of practice, he called for a break and left the studio for a while. I sat on the corner and took out my phone again – staring at it and I don't even know why. I'm not expecting someone call anyway.

 

Hyung.” Jonghyun sat next to me and looked at my phone. “What's up? You were waiting for someone's call?”

 

Not really.” I said. As I was saying, I don't even know why I was looking my phone the whole time. Jonghyun shrugged and stood up to join the other members fooling around with Taemin doing some random dance which make the rest of them laugh.

 

It has been a week since I last saw Junhee. If it's because we just don't cross ways or she is avoiding me on purpose, I'm not sure.

 

She said not to talk to her if I am not going to say anything important.

 

I dialled her number and waited for her to answer the call. This will be the first time since last week that I am going to call and hear her voice again.

 

Deh?” She said on the other line.

 

Annyong.” I replied. I was quickly out of words and I don't know what else to say after hearing her voice.

 

Do you have something to say?” She said. “I'm practicing. I'll hang up if you don't have something to say.”

 

Oh. There's one important thing.” I told just to hold her back. She didn't talk – and was probably waiting until I say another thing again.

 

What?”

 

I couldn't think of anything important to say. “Lee Sooman...” I uttered.

 

What about Lee Sooman?”

 

Oh.” Crap. What should I say? “Lee Sooman... Teacher Lee Sooman is...”

 

is what?”

 

is the president and the founder of SM Entertainment.” I told her.

 

Oh. I didn't know that.” Junhee said on the other line. I knew it was full of sarcasm and she was probably thinking that I'm crazy. “Jinki oppa... you should do something better than bothering yourself with me. You should hang up.”

 

Hang up.” I told her.

 

You called first, so you hang up first.” She told me. Of course, I don't want to hang up. I wanted to talk with her more. “Come on, hang up.” She repeated.

 

SHINee, get to your position!” Testa appeared after opening the door and that was the time I said goodbye to her. Should I start thinking of other nonsense facts that I need to tell her in the future?

 

This is just so difficult.

 

**** **** ****

 

So that was true?”

 

I sat with the other four members together with our three managers that evening before we even go back to the dorm.

 

I thought it was just a joke.” Key chuckled.

 

What about?” I asked while peeling a banana Hyun Shik hyung bought for us. I started eating while listening to them.

 

10 artists will be joining the mentoring of the trainees. One per idol, that is.” Hyun Shik hyung said.

 

Woah. This is the first time this is going to happen. I've never heard of idols being the mentors of trainees... not to mention one on one? Like... having protege?” Key uttered.

 

It seems like they are giving their very best shot on this new set of trainees. I heard they are really good and that the management is really pursuing the drama project using fresh faces. They're investing much into this.”

 

I bet they are going to like capture every moments of this mentoring thing and air it on TV.” Minho shrugged.

 

On the internet.” Other manager said. “I don't have enough knowledge about it... but as soon as we get the information... we'll tell it to you, but we're not sure how many from SHInee will be chosen as mentors.” 


// messy chapter 30 and we'll make this a lot clearer on the next update after I sleep ~ hrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm close to being narcoleptic. LOL.