Losing it

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 

**Lee Jinki POV*

 

I was about to close my eyes when my phone rang. I looked into the screen and Joonie hyung's name was in it. “Deh, hyung?”

 

Jinki-ah, you need to make it up with me... You've been missing out the fun lately. Come here on Club M. Simon D and Doojoon are with me.” He said.

 

Hey, hyung. I was about to sleep when you called. It's already 11 pm.”

 

You called us for a drink before when it was around 2 am already.”

 

Right. I did that before when I had some problems with the members and all of them went against me. Indeed, there were times that we fight. We're not all the same. Some of their opinions are way different than mine, and we're guys full of pride, of course all of us want to win.

 

But being in this group for some years now, I learned the meaning of adjusting, acceptance, and coping with. It's not impossible to live with five guys whose personality are way different than yours. The fondness over these guys grew on me, so even if we bully and argue with each other on and off cam, we can't deny the fact that we are our best when we stick together as one.

 

So? We're gonna wait here 'till you come. You don't want to miss these hot noonas over here.”

 

Normally, just the word “noona” in the club will make me jump off of my seat and fly wherever that is.

 

Truth be told, I like dating noonas because they are the ones who lead. Funny, I am the leader of SHINee but honestly, I think I don't have the ability to lead someone. Sometimes I feel like SHINee is best because my members are all smart, talented, skillful, and broad minded. I don't think it's not about how I lead them, it's about how they lead themselves, eventually ending up leading me instead.

 

Dating noonas is such an easier way to enjoy life as a young bachelor. I don't have to worry about where to go, and what to do, for noonas tend to feel the responsibility to lead their dongsaengs – so eventually, I don't do much of exerting effort.

 

Park Chorong was the first dongsaeng I ever thought of giving a try. That was mainly because I saw the courage of her wanting to be close to me, and I feel like I don't need much of an effort to woo her – instead, she will do everything to satisfy me.

 

As Lee Jinki, that's actually how I view life. If someone can exert more effort than you do, then choose them. I always believed all girls are the same. All of them will eventually fall for me and all I have to do is choose the one I will have the most benefit.

 

That's why I find it pretty funny and unbelievable when Junhee said she doesn't like me. That hurt my pride so I wanted to make her eat whatever she said.

 

But man, as time passed by, I realized it was me falling on my own trap. If this is the joke of fate, or whatever then... this is funny but irritating.

 

Just how can I have Kim Junhee?

 

Not wanting to disappoint Joonie hyung and the rest, I went up and decided to go there to be with them for a while. We have a schedule for tomorrow, I normally just sleep when I know I have work the other day, but... I don't think I can sleep by now. I have too much in much – which is something that I hate – but I can't control.

 

Just 15 minutes and I entered the Club M. This secret club is for idols and celebrities and public faces who don't want to be seen losing themselves and being the wild person they are. This is exclusive and media people and unregistered guest are not allowed to enter for the sake of privacy.

 

Yah ~ Lee Jinki is coming ~” Joonie hyung shouted when he saw me walking towards them. Based on how he sounded, I knew he was a bit drunk already. “Come on, come on, someone's here and waiting for you.”

 

As I sat down, I suddenly met eyes with this idol noona whose around 6 to 7 years older than me. We have seen each other around shows and we constantly greeted each other. Not much to that extent though and because I thought she was snobbish and hard to approach, so I really didn't pay attention on hooking up with her.

 

She was smiling, “Onew-ssi.” She laid a hand and I approached it with a smile, gently shaking her hand. “I'm sorry but actually, I requested for you here.” She admitted.

 

Oh, so if it wasn't for her, then this hyung wouldn't actually called me. “Since I'm much older than you so I'll start talking informally.” She suddenly dropped formality and talked as if it was natural for us to talk that way. I thought maybe she was a pro with dealing with young guys. “I heard you liked noonas... and I'm so disappointed that you don't contact me.”

 

Deh?” I asked. She was too straightforward that I didn't see it coming. I smiled when I finally got what he meant, “I'm sorry ~ I have never considered you a noona ~ You looked younger.” Trying to figure out if this kind of thing will work, I saw how the idol noona suddenly squealed and giggled like a teenager.

 

I knew you were about to say that... but hearing that straight from you really made my heart flutter.” She said and acted like she was embarrassed.

 

I don't know. Normally for this kind of situation when I see a noona falling for me, I already get excited. It's either tonight is just not my night or I have really lost interest when it comes to these things.