The ceremony

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

// I was shocked to see how long the chapter went so I had to divide it into two. LOLs. But calm down, some of you, I will immediately post the final chapter after few minutes. Haven't ended it. LOL. I might have posted it already after you're done reading this so go go go !! HEY DON'T FORGET MY COMMENT OKAY!!!!!! XD :*

 



 

***Lee Jinki POV***


 

Is it true, hyung? They already planned a celebratory event for Junhee later?” Key asked as we sat inside the van to go to the same event. To the irony of it, SHINee was the one who sang the official soundtrack of Kim Junhee's Drama Fly With Me and now we are going to perform and was nominated for the OST of the Year Award.


 

Time flies so fast. Kim Junhee successfully started her first ever drama role alongside Luhan who became her onscreen partner. Since they were a couple in the drama, there were some rumors about them dating but Junhee denied them all. Junhee's fans called Seudis supported her so much. We figured out that majority of them were also SHINee fans. Of course, Junhee, in a way, also has a great relation with us. She's Jonghyun's cousin for one, and my... trainee and ex girlfriend in secret for two.


 

The ratings are undeniably great. The numbers are enough to tell that her drama is well supported. It's like everybody is certain she'll get the Best New Actress award. She has worked for it, so if she received it, then they know she deserves it.


 

It's too early to plan the celebration.” Jonghyun shook his head. “It's not like we're 100% sure that she's going to bag the award, but because she's LSM's favorite... we know he's determined about her win.”


 

It's not like he manipulated the results, right?” Taemin asked innocently and Jonghyun threw a death glare. “I was just asking.”


 

Come on. He can't do that, and besides, I know LSM. Once he felt it, then that would happen surely. The instinct of that old man is like that of a wife... very accurate and clear.” Jonghyun joked and chuckled. I only shrugged my shoulders and he looked at me. “And besides, if Junhee doesn't win, then it's the end of hyung.”


 

I'm not expecting anything... at all.” I told him in all honestly. “You all notice how she just greet me like nothing happened before. She moved on. Of course, she's young and there are a lot of things she'll experience in the future. Junhee considers me now as her past, or maybe something that she might have enjoyed, but thought that it wasn't as deep as what she can experience in the future.”


 

That hurts, hyung. Don't say that.” Jonghyun looked at me again with sorry eyes. “I mean, I know that's not what you expected, and hearing those words coming out of your mouth, it didn't feel right.”


 

I sighed, “That's the reality of it, Jonghyun. Soon we have to accept that. I'm not expecting anything right now. It's sad, but... it's okay.” I sighed. Can I really hide the fact that it's not actually okay?


 

We arrived at the red carpet after a while, wearing white suit with black underclothes, we walked along the way smiling at the fans. Took some photos for the official press released and did a short interview.


 

Jonghyun-ssi, How does it feel being part of your cousin's first ever acting project?” The MC asked.


 

Of course it felt so great. I am also proud because of how far she went right now. She deserves all of it. Not as a cousin but as a sunbae, I can say that Kim Junhee, really deserves to be recognized this way.” He said proudly.


 

How about Onew ssi? What can you say when people emphasize that Kim Junhee's skills and talents are perfectly honed because of you?”


 

I laughed. “I don't think so. Junhee ssi is very talented the moment I met her. She has all those skills already. Actually, I don't think I did much. I even thought she was the one mentoring me the whole time, but I'm really overwhelmed of being recognized as Junhee's mentor. It makes me proud that at least, I've been there during the start of her journey.”


 

Very well said. We are looking forward to your performance later at the event. Thank you very much.”


 

We bowed one last time and pose for the final shots of photos. 15 minutes after we took our seat at the guests' table, the program immediately started. A lot of idol groups performed and there are solo singers who performed as well.


 

Now for the OST of the Year award..... SHINee! Congratulations!” They announced and all of us stood up to go to the stage and accept the trophy.


 

As we stood on the stage, Key gave the mic to me but I gave it to Jonghyun instead. He looked at me for only a very short time before he got what I meant. “Deh, thank you very much for giving us this wonderful award. We want to take LSM for giving us the opportunity to sing the OST, the composer, arrangers, and musical directors. The director of the drama, the casts of Fly With Me, and Junhee ssi, thank you for dragging us into your fame.” He said and we bowed 90 degrees to thank them once again. We were really happy to get the award.


 

As we sat down, Junhee called us from her seat. We looked at her and she raised her thumbs up towards us. They smiled. I nodded. If she can face me with that natural smiling face, I can't. I really couldn't do that. I'd rather show her my bitter expression than let her watch me being such a fail when it comes to pretending I'm alright.


 

One of the most awaited announcement came. “So here it is... the nominees for the Best New Actress award...” The presentor uttered and the VCR showed the nominees for that category. “Kim Junhee .. Fly With Me.” Fans became so noisy just by hearing Junhee's name on the nominee list.


 

Who's gonna win? I'm nervous.” The female presentor said while trying to act really nervous.


 

Isn't it obvious?” When the male presentor commented that, Seudi shouted so loud as if the winner has been announced.


 

For the Best New Actress Award... Kim Junhee, Fly With Me! Congratulations!” The audience got really wild and Junhee was immediately hugged by Kim Ji Won. She covered , and I recognized her expression to be both flustered, surprised, and overwhelmed.


 

As she stepped on the stage, her fans started to shout her name out. It was a wonderful feeling as they held up a skyblue banner and balloons with Junhee's name and their fandom's name in it. They were all cheerful and didn't stop until she got to face the microphone.


“Ah... I... I can't...” She buckled and started to cry in front of everybody. I glanced at Kibum for he suddenly rubbed Jonghyun's back. It turned out that he was crying. And I, myself felt so overwhelmed about what I was seeing.


 

She made it. She got what she deserves. I was very happy for her... and that smile on her face, that tears on her eyes. They were not fake. They were the real-est of the real. They came out naturally – as if they are the words she needed to say.


 

I am very .. thankful for this award. You didn't know how I've been through just to get in here.” She started. “To all the people who supported me, who did everything for my sake, thank you very much. To president LSM, this award is for you. To my family, thank you very much. To my manager. To my sunbaes in SM. SHINee sunbae, thank you very much for always looking after me. Jonghyun oppa, thank you. Onew sunbae, I know you always unclaim the recognition of being the number one help for me but you know I will never have this because of you. And lastly, to those people up there whom I treat as my family, my Stewardess, Seudis!! We took home the prize!! I love you all!” She happily waved at her fans she called her family.


 

It was one of the most precious moments I've ever seen. And though I know somehow I can't get back what was lost between the two of us, still... I never regret a thing. She was happy, and it's obvious.