Sweet Night

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 

***Kim Junhee POV***

 

I was looking at the screen of the laptop but on the corner of my eyes, I could see Jinki oppa yawning for the nth time. It's almost 9:30 and they have practice at 12 am and yet he is not getting any sleep at all.

 

Oppa? Why don't I go home first and then we do this tomorrow?” I told him and he just shook his head while looking at the monitor seriously. “You're sleepy...” I said.

 

We can't do this tomorrow.” He looked at me. “We're flying to Japan and will stay there for three days.” He stopped browsing and sighed. “This is unfortunate, really, why do I have to go tomorrow.”

 

I felt so sad about it. It's only been an hour since both of us became... well, like that, but now he's telling me he needs to be away for three days. It's weird because he's still here but I'm starting to miss him already, though I'm trying so hard not to show it.

 

Hey...” I realized he was actually staring at me. “I just said I will be gone for 3 days, and you don't have even a single reaction at all?” He frowned. “Aren't you even gonna miss me?”

 

Of course I will.” I said. “But it's not like I'll show you directly that I don't want you going away. That will make you feel bad.” I told him.

 

That's better than not being true to me.” He said seriously. “Are you still uncomfortable around me?”

 

No. No. Of course not!” I shook my head and even held his arm. He shook his head.

 

You are so hard to read.” He looked at me eye to eye and tucked some hair strands behind my ear. “Please loosen up a bit for me. Sure we are not yet in that serious relationship but... we should be at least be vocal about how we feel, right?”

 

I nodded. Really, I need to adjust and try hard to make him feel okay. “I will.”

 

Going back, you sure you don't want to sing Whitney Houston's? How about I will always love you?”

 

I narrowed my eyes toward his weird suggestion. “Yah. I can't sing with notes like that.”

 

Nessun Dorma!”

 

Oppa!” I pouted as I looked at him and he laughed – sneakily wrapping one arm around my waist pulling me out for a hug. I narrowed my eyes to him again but he giggled cutely. Because you're so cute so I'll let this pass.

 

However, Jonghyun oppa went out of his room again catching me and oppa in that position. “Yah! Yah! Yah!” He rushed pulling me out of his side.

 

Jonghyun-ah! Stop over reacting!” Jinki oppa shouted and I laughed. I suddenly find it cute that Jonghyun oppa kept on meddling – but I hope he doesn't do that often.

 

I am not over reacting, I am just protecting my cousin.” He said and pulled me towards the door. “Come on, let's go home. Auntie might be worried about you. Aish. How can a girl stay out so late?”

 

Jinki oppa stood up following us. “I'll drive her home.” He insisted.

 

No. I'll do it. I'm afraid you'll drive her somewhere else!”

 

Yah! What do you think of me?! I'm certainly not a ert, Kim Jonghyun!” Jinki oppa shouted towards oppa which made me almost burst out laughing.

 

They were just bunch of kids bickering at each other. “Come on, hyung, I know you... and you should sleep or you'll mess up the whole practice later on.”

 

Jonghyun oppa won the battle for he was the one who drove me home – with endless nag about what I should and should not do with Jinki oppa and to what extent our skinship should be.

 

Jonghyun oppa didn't stay for long and immediately left after I got off the car. Umma and Appa are already sleeping so I silently made my way to my room.

 

After washing up for some minutes, I went back to my room with my phone ringing. I picked it up knowing it was Jinki oppa calling me.

 

De, oppa?” I answered it

 

Are you about to sleep?”

 

Yeah. Just finished taking a bath.”

 

I wish I could see you before going tomorrow. It's still three days. I won't see you in three days.” He said. “That was why I wished to drive you home, so I can see you longer. However, your cousin interfered. Don't worry. I understand him.”

 

I chuckled – For three days, I wonder how much I'll miss his face. “Hey, oppa.. it's pass 11, you didn't have any sleep at all.”

 

I'll sleep at the airplane tomorrow. For the mean time, I need to get you a very good song.” He said on the other line. “Come on, you go to sleep first. Goodnight.”

 

Goodnight.” I said.


// This is a post regarding Hello, Onew-appa... If you think it's not a waste of time then... you can read it for a while. XD