Slowly but surely

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

*** Lee Jinki POV ***

 

I... l... I like you, too.”

 

I knew that's what she would say, but hearing it straight from her is really different, as what I've thought before. Those were the words I longed to hear. That was the phrase I knew could make me really happy.

 

I've heard a lot of other girls saying they like me. I feel so happy hearing that a lot of times – from different people. But she's just different – hers was just – the right one.

 

Wh-what?” I heard it but it felt like I didn't. I wanted her to repeat what she said. I wanted to hear her saying she likes me, too.

 

She didn't talk. It's obvious that she was very nervous doing that – saying that thing to me. I could imagine how much courage she had to gather in order to tell those words and yet she was even struggling. How cute. “You what me, too?”

 

She suddenly stomped her feet like a whining kid and punched her fists downwards. “Aish! Don't you know how nervous I was to say that! Why do you want me to say it again?!” She shouted.

 

I leaned down a bit meeting her face that is just few inches away from mine. Our eyes met, and the cutest thing is that she wasn't even blinking. “I want to hear it again.” I said. “I want to be sure if I heard it right.”

 

You heard it right.” My ever so stubborn Kim Junhee replied. “Don't worry. You heard it right.” She even repeated.

 

I think I didn't hear it at all.” I chuckled and shook my head. She frowned. “I think I was deaf for-”

 

I like you.” She said softly, cutting my words off. I froze. Hearing it at the closed distance had a lot more effect on me. “It might not be that obvious, but I like you... and I think the reason why people thought I was the best out of all trainees is because.. I wasn't really acting.”

 

You weren't?”

 

She nodded. “I took an advantage of having that role and wanted to show you how I really feel. However, I think you still regarded it as acting.”

 

Ahuh. So you were the one who took advantage of me?!”

 

I took advantage of the role and not you!” She defended to which I chuckled.

 

Good thing she told me that, at least now I know they weren't all for an act. “You like me that way?” I asked her playfully to which she surprisingly nodded. “Wow. A while ago you were nervous to tell me you like me and now you're just admitting everything.”

 

Those.” She said and pointed at my eyes. “They're telling me they like me so much, too.”

 

They do? How I wish you noticed them before.” I told them to which she pouted.

 

I'm sorry.. it's just hard to believe you at first.”

 

It's okay, I understand.” I sighed and looked at her again.

 

What's next? Are we a couple now? Wow. This is the first time that I've become lost for words because of a girl. I just don't know what to say. It was too overwhelming knowing for real that we feel the same way at each other.

 

Let's just stay this way.” She told me. “You.. and I... we know what we feel and we're happy about it, right?” She was still quite hesitant so I nodded. “You know I've never been into this kind of relationship so...”

 

Me, too.”

 

Don't lie.” She rolled her eyes on me. “You were in this kind of relationship a lot of times already.”

 

Not THIS kind of relationship.” I told her. “I can't simply do whatever I did before. I need to take care of you. I need to make sure we're both on the same track, and I have to be sure you're happy from time to time.”

 

It made her smile and blushed. I felt so much relief. “Let's take everything slow and just enjoy everything. Is that what you want?” She nodded happily.

 

Slowly, we're starting to know how to read each other's mind fully. I smiled at her and looked into her eyes again, slowly, I leaned in forward reaching for her cheeks.

 

When I was just few centimeters away she stopped me. “This is fast.” I sighed.

 

This is just your cheek.”

 

Still fast.” She insisted.

 

Fine. Fine. Fine. Now let's go to the camera director. I think they're searching for us already.” I said and slid my fingers interlocking hers. She looked at me and was about to protest but I insisted. “This isn't fast. We held hands like this during the acting activity yesterday, which is in fact, a real thing to you.”

 

She blushed but smiled, we went back inside the company with our hands clasped together.


// Oh gosh ~ Just... /sigh/