Sunbae - Hoobae

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 “Congratulations, Junhee-ah!” Umma kissed me on the cheeks the moment the ceremony was finished. Appa came in and handed me a bouquet of flowers. “We should celebrate!” She said excitedly to which I chuckled.

 

“I'll just check on Minyoung and Seoli for a while, umma, appa, can I?”

 

“Sure, hun. Take your time.” Umma patted my back before I ran back to the hall to see if Minyoung and Seoli was still inside. I saw them together – hugging... and.. crying?

 

“Girls!” I ran to them happily but they showed me such sullen expressions. “Awww... what's with those tears?” I asked and chuckled as I wiped their tears away. They looked so adorable.

 

“We won't be able to see each other as much as we did before. Aren't you sad, Junhee-ah?!” She stomped her feet heavily and cried cutely again. I wiped those tears and looked at their faces.

 

“It's not like we're not going to see each other anymore! Don't cry!”

 

“You're going to enter SM Academy – soon you'll be busy enough that you won't even have the time seeing us!” Seoli histed and rolled her eyes toward me.

 

“I'll surely make time for you, guys! Come on, stop the drama! This is such an awesome event. Give me a hug now!” I said and spread my arms widely offering a hug. They immediately both almost jumped on me we both hugged tightly.

 

To be honest, I am really gonna miss these two as well. They are such awesome friends that I was able to see everyday since I started highschool. I know it would be a bit difficult to start another day in school without them by my side.

 

But I understand... things need to change as we grow old, and all we have to do is to adapt to every new environment – while hoping for the best to happen in the end.

 

After the hugging and some chat – we both said goodbye to each other since it's time to be with out families now. Minyoung and Seoli will both celebrate with their parents and so am I. Umma and Appa were waiting for me outside the events hall so I quickly went out as soon as we seperated.

 

“Junhee-ah... I think we should bring something home.” Appa said as all of us sat inside the car.” Jonghyun called and he said he'll come and celebrate with us after work.

 

I was silent. It has been 3 weeks since we last saw each other – the same day when I told him about my acceptance in SM Academy and the day where him and Jinki oppa fought in front of me. We didn't talk to each other after what happened.

 

Well... maybe Jonghyun oppa decided to settle things with me that's why he's coming over. This should be a good thing, right?

 

We stopped on a restaurant and appa bough unusual amount of food for take out. As I estimate it, Appa, Umma, I and Jonghyun oppa won't even finish half of what he ordered. I think appa was quite over reacting when he said we would celebrate – or maybe he has plans on giving foods to our neighbors. I don't know.

 

Jonghyun oppa's car arrived few seconds after we did. He was still inside and only got off after seeing us walking towards the house. He was holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of what I think was a cake. Jonghyun oppa looked as handsome and as cool as ever. It looked like he was going to court someone or something like that. The gentle smile on his face made an assurance for me that he was trying to fix whatever misunderstanding we had before.

 

“Congratulations, hoobae~” He said the moment we approached each other.

 

He called me hoobae ~ which means that he is accepting the fact that he is going to be my sunbae soon. “Come on, take this. I brought your favorite chocolate cheesecake.” He said and pushed it a bit more towards me. I chuckled and took it from him.

 

“Thank you, sunbae!” I told him and he nodded while messing with my hair again.

 

“Come on, kids! Let's start eating all these!” Appa raised 3 bags full of foods. Jonghyun – oppa's eyes widened as he looked at those bags.

 

“Woah! My diet's going to be violated!” He remarked but immediately wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “Come on, graduate... let's go!” He said cutely and we both ran towards the house.

 

 

 

“Hyung was right.” Jonghyun oppa said as both of us sat in the living area while umma and appa fixed the table. “I should've just let you do what you want as long as it makes you happy.” He said and smiled. “I was just worried. It felt like there's really something between you and Onew hyung.”

 

I looked at him. What something? “Or am I just jealous that you're getting to close to a different oppa? Did you feel the same when I told you about me and Jiwon?”

 

I shook my head. I didn't feel any jealousy at all. Jiwon unni and I are different. There's nothing we could be compared about in terms of how Jonghyun oppa treats us both. “You were just worried because you know how he treats girls normally... but don't worry. I will take care of myself.”

 

Jonghyun oppa chuckled. “I am taking very good care of you because I know you like him already!” He hitched.

 

“I don't!!” I defended though I know Jonghyun oppa knew the truth already. We were arguing like small kids when we suddenly heard someone ringing the doorbell.

 

“Were you expecting someone as a visitor?” Jonghyun oppa asked to which I shook my head.


// did you notice how the chapter suddenly got half shorter? Yeah. For this story, I realized I've been consuming four MS Word pages per chapter.. and when it was too long (for me, lol).. so I'm chopping it into two pages.. lol.. it makes no differences if I finish with a lot of chapters with only few words per chapter but... that's how I like it !!!!! :))