Caught in the Act

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 “What are we doing here?” I asked when Seoli and Minyoung entered this coffee shop that we haven't entered ever since. They looked excited and happy about something. “Hey. I said what are we doing here?” I even had to repeat myself for them to realize my existence. I really thought that we were just going to eat but... I don't think this coffee shop can serve me something that is enough to fill my empty stomach.

 

“We arranged a blind date for us three.” Seoli uttered.

 

Blind date?!

 

“What?!” I bluntly expressed my surprise and my protest. “Why did you arrange something like this without my knowledge?! No. I'm not going. I'm not.” I said and tried escaping but Minyoung and Seoli both held my arms.

 

“No, please, Junhee don't go.” Minyoung requested with her puppy eyes. “We can't let you go.”

 

“Why?” I asked. Both of them looked at each other as if sending secret message with their eyes. “Why? Tell me!” Again, I had to repeat myself before they could talk.

 

“One of the sunbaes that we are meeting has a crush on you and he arranged this blind date because he wants to meet you. If you go, then the date won't proceed, I think.” Seoli admitted.

 

I wanted to punch these two's faces because it felt like they sold me to someone just for their own sake. I just rolled my eyes instead. “You agreed without even asking me?” I said irritatedly.

 

“Yes... because...” Minyoung bit her lower lip before proceeding. “We knew we could never get you into this.”

 

“Then why did you still have to include me in this?! Ugh!” I let out my frustration and shook my head . “You know-”

 

“Oh my, Junhee, Junhee, Junhee.” Seoli repeatedly hit my shoulder. “Look. The one who just entered the door.”

 

I followed what she said and saw Onew ssi entering the coffee shop. He was wearing his blue denim longsleeve and paired with a black pants and shades on. He walked straight to an empty table right at the most corner of the shop – something where people can't easily pay attention to since it's far away from the door.

 

It seemed like he has been here a lot of times since he felt so familiar with the place. There was a moment when he lurk his eyes around the shop and I flinched.

 

“Let's sit there, hurry! Hurry!” I said and tried my best to hide myself from him. I covered my face with my bag and we walked to an empty seat. The other two were confused as to why I'm hiding.

 

“Hey, why do you do that? Isn't it just polite to come to him and greet him personally since we bumped into him here?” Seoli said the moment we sat. I was still unease and it felt like I really need to hide from him.

 

Why will I hide from him anyways? It's not like I did something wrong. But still... it felt like I don't want him to see me on this place.

 

“Okay fine, let's think like Onew oppa wants some private space and for sure he won't like it if someone just come to him and greet him. But... are you really going to hide like that until we go out here? It's awkward, Junhee-ah.” Minyoung said and looked at me. I was with my head lowered with my chin almost touching the table.

 

I ignored her. Few minutes later, some three guys entered the shop and one of them waved at us. I frowned. Are they the dates these girls are talking about? I don't know them. Not at all.

 

“Hi girls.” This guy was leading the other two and went to our table. “Did you wait for long ? I'm sorry.” He sat comfortably.

 

“No. We just arrived.” Minyoung replied happily. “So shall we start? Can you introduce myself?”

 

The guys started introducing themselves but I must admit I was not listening. I was rather busy looking at Onew ssi who seemed to be waiting for someone to arrive. Hmm... who could that be?

 

I think I already have the idea of who it might be...

 

that could be one of his girls... or maybe that Park Chorong who introduced herself to him on that day. Maybe it was...

 

Oh my... am I seeing the right person?

 

I was looking at Onew ssi when he lifted up his head and smiled to someone standing in front of him. I looked at the person and was... wait. Really, is that really her?

 

I think it was Kim Jiwon who sat opposite to Onew ssi. I tried to concentrate to recognize her clearly. Why is she with Onew ssi? Isn't she Jonghyun-oppa's girlfriend and what is Onew ssi doing here and meeting her?

 

“Junhee-ssi.. are you okay?” The guy in front of me, whose name I couldn't even remember, asked. I only nodded.

 

“Can I excuse myself?” I said and stood up. Minyoung and Seoli wanted to stop me but it's too late. I quickly made my way out of their table.

 

I was hesitating if I should make Onew ssi see that I was there or not. I mean... he needs to know someone sees what he's doing.

 

But first, I need to make sure it's really Kim Ji Won so I secretly made my way closer with Onew ssi realizing that I was there. I breathed deeply when I knew I came close to where she could hear me.

 

“Kim Jiwon-ssi?” I called and the girl looked at me and smiled.

 

“Deh?”

 

Onew ssi looked to my direction and our gazes met. There was an obvious shock on his face. The expression someone use when he know he was caught off guard.

 

“Ah... this is a misunderstanding. We're not dating, really.” Kim Jiwon took the initiative to defend Onew ssi. I think she was thinking differently as to why I was looking at him angrily. “Onew oppa is a friend to me since we bumped a lot on each other before when I was filming a drama with Minho-oppa.” She said.

 

I don't need your explanation, girl. Shut up.

 

“No need.” I said and smiled fakely. “It was nice seeing you around.” I only said and quickly walked away.

 

How dare you, two, cheating on oppa?! Ugh!

 

I thought Onew ssi won't do it since oppa and him are close but still... how dare he?!

 

He is just a complete sick mean person. Ugh! Oppa needs to know this as soon as possible! And that girl?! How dare she use Minho oppa as an excuse in meeting that guy?! Ugh. Stop joking!

 

“Junhee-ah! Junhee-ah, wait!” I heard someone calling my name as I walked out of the coffee shop.

 

Pfft! It was Onew ssi.

 

“Junhee-ah, wait. You were thinking wrongly. It's not like we met each other here on purpose. She just greeted me because she happened to be in the same coffee shop. That's it!” He explained really well.

 

“Oh, sure, Lee Jinki. Spare your explanation to my oppa.” I told her and was about to leave when he stopped my by my arm.

 

“Please, Kim Junhee. You have to believe me. I may be mean but... I will never do that to Jonghyun.” He said.

 

“I don't care about you, okay.” I wanted to slap his face because I saw him cheating on my oppa right in front of me.

 

“Look. Can you please understand?” He was still grabbing on to my arm and I was trying my best to get away from him. He wasn't hurting me, though, but I really wanted to leave. “What if you go to Jonghyun and tell him wrongly about this?”

 

“Yes. I will tell this to oppa but no. I know I'm not wrong with what I saw. You just bumped into each other? And you were both so smiley like that?!!”

 

“What do you want me do? Frown at her when she greeted me politely? And of course, we will smile to each other! It's not like it's a bad thing meeting with my friend's girlfriend accidentally!” He kept on defending himself but I don't want to listen to him.

 

“Can you just let go of-”

 

“Onew-oppa?” Someone called him out again. Both of us stopped and looked at the person who called.

 

It was Park Chorong – frowning at us.

 

“What happened?” She asked, trying to hide her dismay. She looked at me and stared for a while. It felt like she was trying to recognize me.

 

“Were you the same girl in the dressing room that day?” She asked. “Yes. You were. I remember you making random noises while I talk to oppa.” She obviously held grudge against me. It's funny. “What are you doing here with oppa?”

 

“Come on.” Onew ssi pulled my arm again. “Chorong-ssi, can we talk some other time later?” He asked and before Chorong could answer, he immediately walked fast taking me with him.

 

“Wa-wa-wait... where are you going? I'm not going with you?!!” I shouted. We were heading towards his car.

 

“Can you just shut up?!” Onew looked at me and whispered though there is a strong conviction in it. “Wait till we get into the car.”

 

“Wait. Why?! Why do I need to go there with you.. can you please... just.. just let me go!”

 

Onew ssi opened the door and almost threw me inside. I wanted to escape, but I can't.

 

“Dammit!!” He hit the steering wheel as soon as he closed the door. He was angry so I automatically shut up.

 

Did I make him reach his boiling point?

 

“ those paparazzi.” He said. “Ugh. Why am I not being careful?!”

 

“Wait.. what paparazzi?” I asked. Curious. Confused. And worried.

 

Onew looked at me and pointed outside the tinted window. There were two guys carrying cameras with huge lenses on them. They were, obviously, taking pictures towards us.

 

“I'm in big trouble. Dammit.” Onew whispered to himself – angrily. “Bigger than the trouble I have to face with Jonghyun.” He uttered.


// here comes the action. Comments now. XD XD XD