The Day

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

//I'm sorry about the Side Story later after the chapter. LOL. I just really felt like doing so. XD

 


 

***Kim Junhee POV**


 

This is it. On this day, we are going to perform the special stage on Music Bank. I am so nervous and at the same time... excited.


 

Are you nervous?” He asked while we were inside the van going to the network station. I nodded and gave him that nervous expression. He chuckled and rubbed my back. There was no hint of nervousness on his face. Of course, it's not like this is the first time that he will perform on stage.


 

Relax. You've done great during practice. For sure it will be easy for yout this time.” He said.


 

But this is going to be different than when we practice before. We're going to do it on stage... there are fans.. and... and...”


 

Stop worrying.” There was a smile on his face when he said that. “You have nothing to worry about. Trust me. You are great, and for sure they are going to praise you after that wonderful performance. Just do your best. I don't think I ever taught you about being a coward.”


 

I breathe few more times and sighed heavily. “Okay. I can do it!”


 

Fighting!” Oppa punched in the air and he looked so determined that I can make it – which really gained some confidence in me.


 

And it's not like I am going to perform alone. He's here beside me. We're singing together.


 

Minutes later and we arrived at the network. I was too nervous that the while I was about to get off the van, my left foot tripped and I lost balance. Good thing Jinki oppa was looking at me closely and he immediately caught me – saving me from an embarrassing moment.


 

Be careful, Junhee-ah.” He said close to my ear and helped me stand up properly. He looked down to check if I had some scratch somewhere. “Aigoo~ You're wearing a very high heels. Come on, hold my hand.” He said and just grabbed my hand as if he didn't care about cameras.


 

I took his hand. He took my bag and we walked together inside the network – hand in hand – with the camera still following us from behind.


 

You mentioned my heels on purpose for you to have enough reason to hold my hand.” I whispered while we were walking to the elevator. He chuckled and secretly winked at me.


 

As we approached the waiting room designated for us, a staff immediately get to us and greeted. “Hello. It's good that you are already prepared. We forgot to inform you about the backstage interview later.”


 

Oh. It's okay. We can handle, noona.” Oppa said cooly and the staff nodded as she smiled. She told us she'll call us later for the live backstage cut with the two of us and the another idol who will make this comeback stage this week.


 

They are very biased.” Jinki oppa said as we sat down inside the waiting room – trying to loosen up a bit. The makeup artist will constantly go to us to do some retouch but we are overall okay with our outfits.


 

Why are they biased?” I asked.


 

One, they make you appear in one of their leading dramas. Two, they give you this special stage performance. Three, I heard KBS got the rights to air the mentoring program. Four, they give you the backstage clip which is actually just for groups who will have their comeback for the week.” He took a glanced on me and looked at me as if he was pissed off. I chuckled and nudged at him.


 

Are you jealous?” I laughed.


 

I bet after this performance, you will star on a drama as the lead.” What he told made me shocked.


 

No way. Stop kidding me.”


 

Wanna bet?” He looked at me daringly and laughed. We were joking with each other when they called us for the backstage interview.


 

Someone's nervous again.” I heard him teased as he entered the room where the interview will be held. “After this, then we will be asked to go to the studio for the pre recording... you must start warming up.” He whispered.


 

And all of a sudden, all I could hear is the sound of my heart beating so fast. I couldn't hear anything and it seemed like my heart will suddenly jump out of my chest. “I can't breathe.” I whispered and he looked at me worriedly.


 

Yah. Kim Junhee.” He said and rubbed my back again. I looked around me and found almost everybody smiling and giggling at me – as if I was funny in front of them.


 

Kyeopta.” One member of male idol group who is about to comeback whispered and the whole group giggled. “Onew sunbae... she's so cute. We'll watch your performance later.” They told him and he smiled.


 

The interview went on air and I didn't even say a single thing. I was about to invite them watch our performance but I felt like I was lost for words so oppa immediately talked in behalf of me. I was so worried that I didn't do great but I think Jinki oppa was great enough to cover my mistakes.


 

Let's go this way, Junhee ssi, Onew ssi.” The staff then lead us to the stage for the pre-recording of the our performance.


 

This is it, Junhee. Are you ready?” Instead of answering. I held his hands tightly and didn't let go. “Your hands are so cold. I'm starting to worry about you. Don't collapse on the stage, alright?” I knew he was joking but he sounded so serious.


 

As we stepped on the stage, I immediately heard scream from the crowd. He smiled and bowed at everybody, but I was so stiffed and nervous to even do that. I thought I was frozen, and if Jinki oppa wasn't there, I bet I already melted in panic.


 

Rather my solo stage, I thought it was SHINee's special stage. The stage was full of SHINee's fandom colored balloons and banners with Onew's name in it. Not even one for me. “Onew-oppa!!!!” They screamed out loud when Jinki oppa approached them close on stage – obviously doing fanservice.


 

You need to support our Junhee, okay?” He said and the fans eventually said yes. “Please cheer loudly when she sings! You'll be surprised about her vocals!” He kept on praising.


 

Standby. We're playing the song in 2 minutes.”


 

Are you ready?” Jinki oppa stood few inches away from me. I didn't respond and closed my fist so tight. My hand wanted to hold his – but I can't. We should stand beside each other at first and then hold hands later, that's what we did during rehearsal.


 

I looked at the ground and closed my eyes. The song played.


 

I was about to sing my lines when I didn't hear any words coming out of my mouth. It was a panic in the studio because the recording has started. Thank God, though, that it wasn't live. Jinki oppa looked at the staff and signed to stop the music for a while.


 

Look at the crowd, Junhee-ah.” He said but I shook my head as I continued staring at the floor. “Look at the crowd. You can feel better if you look at the crowd.” He repeated.


 

Slowly, I looked at the crowd and immediately spotted umma, appa, and the other four SHINee members coming to the 1st row. As they sat down, the six of them held up a banner with my name together with the word “Jjang!” As soon as they held those banners up, SHINee fans who were holding Onew's banner a while ago put them down and lifted the same banners as my parents and the other SHINee members' were holding.


 

See?” Jinki oppa looked at me and smiled. “You have everybody's support.. so why feel nervous?” He held my hand in front of everybody and as the music started, he never let go of it.


 

Noreul manhi manhi jowahe....

 

NP: Love Day - Yoseob & Eunji


 

Fans Reaction Regarding Onew and Kim Junhee's Special Stage performance

 

Anon101: I am looking forward for this new artist. Kim Junhee is very beautiful, plus she can actually sing, not to even mention her outstanding ability in acting! This new actress from SM Entertainment is a must see.

Anon102: Kim Junhee proves that SM Entertainment is 60% looks and 40% talents. Actually, this girl over here has 60% looks and 60% talents. LOL. But really.

Anon 103: I can hear MVPs all over the world crying because Junhee and Onew oppa is actually dating.

Anon104: I'll definitely sue SM if they deny the rumor about Onew oppa and Junhee dating. I mean. Isn't it too obvious?

Anon105: I was in the audience and SHINee was the one who thought of doing that small event for Junhee. That was so sweet of them. And Onew oppa.. He seems to care a lot for her!! So sweet!

Anon106: I'm sorry but let my cry about the perfection that is Kim Junhee.

Anon107: Someone should start thinking about her fandom name coz she's definitely become a hit in the future!