Oppa ~

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 “Deh, give me 30 more minutes. This is just quick. I will. I will... Aish, hyung. Promise I'll be there on time! Yeah!”

 

I heard Onew ssi as he talked to someone on the other line. He looked like he was in trouble but was trying to act cool all along. He debated on the person he was conversing with before hanging up. I even heard him sigh as he took his phone back to his pocket.

 

“What's wrong?” I asked – wondering. He only shook his head and started the engine. I thought he probably wanted to keep his business just by himself and I knew I really didn't have the right to meddle with what's happening to him.

 

He just started the engine doing some reverse when my phone rang and it was Jonghyun oppa calling. “Yoboseyo?” I answered.

 

“Are you with Onew-hyung, Junhee-ah?” He asked as soon as I answered. I looked at Onew ssi and he looked so serious while driving.

 

“Ah.. yes.” I answered, quite hesitating if I will tell him the truth.

 

“Can you both just drop here on KBS? We are going to do some backstage footage and he needs to be here since he will be performing later on. The PD said he needs to be here as soon as possible.”

 

“Oh.” I uttered. Maybe that was what he was arguing with someone just a while ago. “Okay. I got it, oppa. We'll go there immediately.” I said and quickly ended the call.

 

“Onew ssi... let's go to KBS.” He looked at me in a surprised expression. “You were just about to get late for the backstage clip later, and you haven't even done your makeup and your hairstyle.”

 

“I'll just drop you home first before going there.”

 

“Let's go to KBS.” I repeated.

 

“I'll go after-”

 

“LET'S GO. NOW.” He stopped and looked at me again in disbelief and I stared back, winning over his staring competition. He sighed and quickly changed direction.

 

“Fine.” He whispered and his expression showed that he was really disappointed about being lost to me. I wanted to chuckle but he might probably think I was just joking around. We didn't talk until we reached the building.

 

“You go inside and I'll just go to the rest room.” I told Onew ssi as soon as we entered the building. He shook his head.

 

“I'll you there and let's go together.”

 

“No. You'll be late.” I said. He was about to say another thing but I repeated myself. “You will be late.” He sighed again and nodded, then went ahead to their dressing room.

 

I just needed to pee so I had to use the comfort room for a while. As I was about to walk out of the hallway, I saw Park Chorong talking to someone on an empty corridor next to the lady's comfort room. I didn't know but my instinct just suddenly told me to hide and eavesdrop their conversation.

 

“Of course. That's what his company said since it will be a great trouble if Onew oppa will be involved with another idol. I know Jonghyun oppa's cousin. In fact, we're close friends so she agreed to make the story just how it appeared on the articles.”

 

I frowned. We're close?? Huh? Since when?

 

“So it was just a lie?” The other said.

 

“Not really a lie but a cover up. It was Onew oppa's idea since he doesn't want me to get into trouble.” She said and smiled as if everything that she said was real.

 

“Chorong-ssi, why are you saying this to me? You know I can just make an article about this and reveal you and Onew-ssi's relationship.”

 

Crap. I was right. That person is a reporter.

 

“I'm giving you the work actually.” She smiled. “And I know you're gonna take care of me and Onew oppa very well. I just want Kim Jiwon to know Oppa is really mine.”

 

Eh? Even Kim Ji Won unni??

 

“Kim Jiwon?” The reporter asked and frowned.

 

“She is trying to steal Onew oppa away from me. Did you hear her coming over SHINee's dorm to talk and to seduce Onew oppa? Ugh. But don't write about her. Just write about me and oppa, okay?” She smiled again and I swear I wanted to crumple her face. She likes Onew ssi that much that she's willing to say these lies? Gosh. None of them were true.

 

“If you want... I can tag you along right now and let's go to oppa and greet him.” She said happily. “You just need to pretend like a stylist unni so they won't be suspicious of you.”

 

“Oh. You're giving me a big scoop. Sure, I won't turn down this wonderful offer.” The reporter said. Both of them smiled and Park Chorong lurked her eyes around as if watching the place they were at, carefully making sure that no one else heard them.

 

“Just make sure no one will know that you got the information from me, okay?”

 

“Of course.” The unni winked and both of them left the corridor.

 

I purposely let them go ahead of me to SHINee's waiting room.

 

But now that I know her plan, what will I do? How will I help SHINee and Onew ssi get out of this mess? Of course, if Chorong suddenly plays cute around Onew ssi, he can't just turn her down.. but in the end, he will really face a big trouble.

 

One thing I need to do is to reveal that Park Chorong is not saying the truth. Not only Onew ssi's name is at stake, but also Kim Jiwon's name since Chorong said that she was trying to steal Onew ssi from her. This is too much lie... and the thing is... someone's name who is innocent about the issue will be dragged just like that. It's not fair.

 

I need to do something. I really need to do something.

 

Call Jonghyun-oppa?

 

Oh no, it's too late, Chorong and the reporter have already entered SHINee's waiting room. What should I do? Should I shout and tell them what I heard from Park Chorong?

 

For sure she will deny it to the fullest and I will look like a fool. Now what?

 

As I opened the door, I saw them talking to Onew ssi already.

 

“Oppa! I arrived!” I shouted out of nowhere which caused them to stop for a while. I don't usually just greet as lively as that, but right now I don't know what to do... and I'm actually nervous about what's going to happen.

 

“Oh? Junhee-ah...” Jonghyun oppa said. “Where did you go? You were supposed to arrive together with Onew hyung, right?”

 

Great intro, Jonghyun-oppa. Thanks for helping out.

 

I smiled and silently made my way closer to Onew ssi, putting my bag on the table behind him. “Ah, yes. But I decided to buy something first before getting in.” I said. “I ate it outside so you won't be able to ask for it.” I chuckled.

 

On the corner of my eyes, I noticed Chorong looking at me irritatedly. I pretended like it was the first time I saw her inside.

 

“Oh. Park Chorong ssi?” I asked as being unfamiliar of her. Coz you know... we are not friends. “You are from Apink, right?? Oh.. unni. I am your fan ever since you went here on SHINee's comeback and greeted them. You were very sweet and considerate.” I said. “Can I have your autograph later?”

 

I wanted to laugh when I saw the changed expression on the reporter's face, and so as Chorong's face. She was like grasping for some words to explain why I am unfamiliar of her despite her saying we're close friends.

 

Chorong just looked at Onew ssi and completely ignored me. “Just like what I was saying, Onew-oppa.. I am-”

 

“Oh excuse me, Chorong unni but...” I bluntly stopped her from talking and flauntly pulled the hem of Onew ssi's shirt, as if I was trying to do some aegyo. Ugh, I hate aegyo. “Onew oppa ~~” I saw the surprised expression on Onew ssi's face the moment I called him oppa. He frowned but I still continued. Ugh, nevermind if you're feeling sick of this aegyo, but I'm doing this to save you. “If you have time... can we go eat dinner together before you drop me home?”

 

I hope no one asks if we are already dating or not. Just ride in, guys, please. Just ride in.

 

Onew ssi looked at s and managers. Some of them chuckled, while some were surprised as well, “It's okay, hyung.” Jonghyun oppa said. “Since it is the baby's request so... you should go eat with her.”

 

Baby?! Oh gosh... Jonghyun oppa, pleassee..

 

Looking at the situation. Chorong suddenly stomped her feet heavily on the floor and pointed a finger on me. “How long are you going to be the hindrance to all my plans?!!”

 

Oh, how dare this girl making a scene in front of everybody here in the waiting room?!

 

I was about to say something when Onew ssi slapped her finger making it fly back to her side. Chorong was shocked and speechless.

 

“I don't usually hit a girl, but no one does that to her.” Onew ssi said with conviction.

 

“This isn't the end.” Chorong said and marched out of the waiting area, followed by the reporter. I sighed with relief.

 

And before I knew it, everybody's eyes were fixed on me and Onew ssi, who was also looking at me.

 

“Did you just call me oppa?” Rather than worrying about what happened with Chorong just now, he was more concerned of me calling him that way. “Did you? In front of them?” He added and I thought I just put myself into trouble.

 

“Look. I did that because...”

 

“Because someone's jealous that someone just appears here to greet someone when someone was out eating something alone.” Key oppa said and everybody laughed.

 

“Oh wait. You misunderstand. I am not jealous.”

 

“I didn't even say a name, Junhee-ah.” Key oppa said and looked at me in a teasing way.

 

“But you need to hear this...” I told them and was about to say something when I was cut off by the manager.

 

“Arrasso ~ Arrasso ~ We believe whatever you say, Junhee-ah.. now let's all prepare coz cameras are going in in 5 minutes.”

 

yeah... and I wasn't able to tell them about what I heard just a while ago.


// heul heul... OMG. What in the world, Junhee-ah. Look at what you've done.