Take care ~

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 

***Kim Junhee POV***

 

 

I woke up around 4 am the next morning – and I didn't even know why. I rolled over my bed trying to sleep again. I still have 2 hours until I need to prepare for today's activity. Since Jinki oppa's going to leave for 3 days so I don't know what to do with my life... I mean ...with the streaming especially now that I don't have my mentor with me.

 

I wish I could see you before going tomorrow...”

 

Jinki oppa's wish flashed back in my mind. I erased it out of my head and hugged my pillow tighter. Why do I need to do something for him anyway? He's the guy... the effort should come from him.

 

But probably Jinki oppa casted some spell on me the moment we admitted that the fondness we feel toward each other is mutual.

 

I sat on the bed and reached for the phone – sending message to Jonghyun oppa quite unconsciously.

 

Oppa, what time are you departing later?”

 

9:30 am, we need to be at the airport. Why? Don't tell me you're going to see Onew hyung before we go? YAH. That's too much.”

 

I chuckled at oppa's response. I bet he's just jealous of Jinki oppa and I.

 

Yes, I'm going there but don't tell oppa!”

 

I'm not involved with any of your antics, you weird girl.”

 

Oppa's replies are very bitter and I could only laugh at him. I jumped off the bed and went to the audio player to play some songs. Lurking at the albums that were compiled on the rack, I saw the Dream Girl album Jonghyun oppa gave to me before. I only opened it and browsed momentarily but didn't really played the CD.

 

I decided to play it today while I prepare. Spoiler immediately played on the background. It was a very lively start.

 

Minutes later, I heard Aside playing. I stopped for a while and listened to it intently. Actually, this is the first time that I'm going to listen to this song without the intention of only listening to Jonghyun oppa's voice. I was searching for someone else's.

 

That I found when that particular sweet and gentle voice was heard. I didn't know but a smile automatically appeared on my face – savoring every word that he uttered during a song. I shook my head and decided to continue my work.

 

This soft side of Lee Jinki that I thought only Onew had... I am seeing them in him one by one, and later on I realized that actually, Lee Jinki is a better version of Onew.

 

I took a bath with their album still on play. I fixed myself, and wear something appropriate for this small event. This is kinda fun.

 

I walked down to have my breakfast after, meeting umma and appa in the kitchen. “What time did you go home last night?” Appa asked.

 

Around 10.” I answered.

 

Who brought you home?” Umma asked.

 

Jonghyun oppa.” I started telling them the good news about having a solo performance on Music Bank weeks from now. They were also happy about it and told me they are gonna watch it live once the day comes.

 

But why are you wearing that? And what's that on your hands? A mask?”

 

Umma didn't forget to notice how I was dressed. I was wearing a black jeans and rubber shoes and a jacket with my hoodie on. I was holding a mask on the other hand.

 

Oh.. this is my style.” I joked but appa lifted an eyebrow toward me. “Uhmm... I'm afraid I'll get recognized by some of the fans outside.”

 

Appa and Umma threw a glance on me and they chuckled together – thinking that what I said was funny enough.

 

I rode a bus going to the airport. Since I started being Jinki oppa's trainee, I stopped riding public transportation and this is the first time since then. I rode the bus easily, wearing my hood on and a face mask to cover half of my face. I had a huge bagpack on my back – I remembered being in highschool. Hard but fun.

 

It was 10 minutes before 9:30 when I arrived at the airport. Running around, I saw some number of fans waiting. I spotted a familiar fansite noona who often takes photos for Jonghyun oppa. I should squeeze in beside her so I could have a better look, too.

 

Because it was normally chaotic so they didn't bother looking at me while I was trying to squeeze myself at the front. There were some push and pulls but I know I'm strong enough to resist them all.

 

SHINee arrived! SHINee arrived!” They started shouting as the familiar van arrived at the airport. Though I know this always happens, but I was still very shocked when huge lenses of cameras started appearing and shooting from left to right.

 

Yah! If you're not taking any photos, just move in!” One fan who was on my back shouted at me. I tried to ignore it but she tried so hard to get her lenses in the front almost hitting me.

 

One by one, the members started to hopped off the van. First it was Minho oppa, followed by Jonghyun oppa, Key oppa, Tae oppa and then Jinki oppa. Fans screamed at always. It looked like a fansigning – but it wasn't.

 

Yah! Stop pulling!” The guard shouted and moved the railings forward almost hitting my stomach.

 

Aw.” I only whispered and held into it – making it unobvious that I'm hurt.

 

Jinki oppa just needs to see my presence and then I'm off to go.

 

Onew oppa please look here!” That one girl who shouted technically made my work easier as Jinki oppa immediately looked at our direction.

 

He smiled gently and nodded, “Please be careful! Don't push each other!” He shouted.

 

While he was still looking, I put down my face mask showing him my face. I waved and pointed myself for him to recognize me.

 

He did stop and looked at me for a while. It was quite far so I doubt he noticed me on the first look.

 

He walked closer... and closer... “Hyung! Where are you going?” Kibum oppa shouted but he ignored.

 

As he came closer, the fans get wilder. “Stop pushing!” One of them shouted.

 

Aish can you move a bit on the back you're covering my lens!” With that, I felt a hard push from a certain unni and I immediately lost my balance, making me fall on my feet.

 

Yah!” Jinki oppa shouted and ran towards the railings. The security, though, stopped him. “Junhee-ah, are you okay?!” He shouted as he looked pass the railings.

 

Junhee?” The fans wondered and immediately stopped and looked at me who was still on the floor. “Oh it's Junhee!”

 

Funny thing. Instead of helping, their camera lenses all went toward me and started taking pictures.

 

Please stop taking pictures. Security, what are you looking at? Get her!! Come on! Do it quickly!” The unusual behavior of Jinki oppa appeared. The security fetched me immediately, getting me on the other side of the railings – to Jinki oppa.

 

Yah! What are you doing here?! And why are you squeezing yourself inside?! Don't you know you might be in danger because of what you are doing?!” He bickered – eyes flaring.

 

What's happening?!” The others ran toward us and saw me. “Junhee-ah? What are you doing here and why are you with the fans?”

 

I didn't talk. Jinki oppa kneeled down and dusted off my pants. “Are you sure you're okay? Not hurt anywhere?” He asked and even tied my shoelaces.

 

I'm fine, oppa...” I uttered softly.

 

Come on, come on...” Key asked them to move a bit far from the fans.

 

Junhee ssi, mianhaeyo~” The fans said in chorus with humility. “We weren't aware you were the person. I'm sorry.” The one who pushed her were deeply sorry about her action.

 

I bowed and accepted the apology. “It's okay... please be careful with yourself as well.” I didn't forget to remind them.

 

Come on, let's leave them alone.” Key said pulling the other members with him.

 

Junhee ah – are you sure – wait Key, can you get off me, I'm talking to my cousin.” Jonghyun oppa said arguing with Key oppa.

 

She went here because of Onew hyung, not you, so stop meddling as if you're a part of their business.” Key oppa said and pulled him not letting oppa protest even for a bit.

 

That will be the last time you're doing that Kim Junhee.” Jinki oppa uttered with warning. “I swear if you ever do that again and you hurt yourself, I'll get mad at you.”

 

I did that because you told me you want to see me before leaving the country.”

 

What I said made Jinki oppa's face calm. He sighed and smiled instead. “You are very surprising, you know. Who would have thought you could do something like that just because you want me to see you.” He said but I knew he was secretly teasing.

 

I was just trying to make you happy. Turns out I even made you mad.”

 

I'm sorry.” He apologized. “If I shouted at you a while ago, that was because I was worried . You were there squeezed out with so many people, and some of them might just hurt you. We don't know.” He said holding my hand tightly. “But thank you... for making an effort in becoming the not so Kim Junhee that I know, but I love.” He chuckled and I thought I blushed.

 

Take care.” I told him. “Rest in the airplane and rest when you get there. Eat healthily and don't just drink around.”

 

Deh umma...” He nodded cutely – which really made me happy.

 

And lastly – don't forget sending me messages.” That one last reminder made him smile.


// did this fastly because some friends over here are too demanding. LOL.