I knew you were trouble

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

 “OMG. Kim Junhee. You are such a hot topic these days.” Minyoung and Seoli told me as they looked at a certain article in the internet about Onew ssi being torn between three different girls.

 

...One of the girls is an actress and model while the other is a member of a Kpop group, though Onew-ssi chose the non-celebrity.

 

“If the two were also celebrity then why don't they drag their names?” Seoli uttered. “It's a pity that only Onew oppa is involved with this controversy. The other two should be named, too!” She defended and I only shrugged my shoulders.

 

The girls faces were blurred in the photos so definitely, no one will know that it was me. But I don't care about these issues. What's important to me now is for Jonghyun oppa to know that one of those celebrities is his girlfriend, that Onew ssi was trying to steal from him.

 

I took my phone and before I could even dial Jonghyun-oppa's number, he was already calling me. “Oppa, good thing you-”

 

“Why is Onew hyung dragging your name here??” Jonghyun oppa welcomed me with those words. I was shocked. Onew ssi dragging my name?! WHY?!

 

“Eh??” I uttered.

 

“Tell me the truth, are you one of those girls in the photo? Worse, were you the one Onew hyung dragged into his car?” He asked directly. I didn't know what to say.

 

If it's a yes or no question then, obviously, I have to say yes... but where should I start explaining? “Answer me, Kim Junhee.” Oppa said in a firm voice.

 

“Ah.. yes.” I answered reluctantly.

 

“And is it true that Onew's meeting you instead of Jiwonnie??”

 

What?? meeting me??

 

“What, oppa? Can you repeat what you said?” I asked to be sure.

 

“Onew hyung said he was about to meet you in the coffee shop but he happened to bump with Jiwon. She greeted her and then you came and misunderstood her so you got angry.”

 

What?

 

“Can you go here now, Kim Junhee? We want to talk to you.” Jonghyun oppa uttered again. Why do they need to talk to me? The managers and some representatives want your statement so they can release an official statement to the public.

 

“Why do they need me? I'm not involved, oppa.”

 

“Yes, you are, sweetie. In fact, you're the person who is the most involved after Onew-hyung.” He said. Ugh. I hate this. For sure, Onew ssi dragged my name on purpose here. Ugh. I hate you, really.

 

Because Jonghyun oppa said I need to go so I did. I went to the company nervously and with hands fidgeting. I don't know. I really can't understand why I need to be involved. I'm not even an idol.

 

I was walking when someone grabbed my hands and pulled me to an empty room. “YAH!” I shouted when I heard the slam of the door behind me. It was too quick that I responded so late.

 

“SHH!! Relax! It's me!”

 

Man, it was Onew-ssi.

 

“Yah!” Onew ssi is five years older than me but I don't care. I think with what happened yesterday, I have lost all my respect to him. “What now?!”

 

“If they asked you, tell them you were about to meet me yesterday at the coffee shop... but you misunderstood when I asked Kim Jiwon to sit with me for a while so you got angry and left.” He said.

 

“Why would I do that?! Why will I cover you up?! I won't lie! I will tell what really happened yesterday!” I shouted. No one can hear us anyways because it was a practice studio, so the walls are noise proof.

 

“Because this could get into a bigger controversy!” He said and took out his phone to show me someone's message.

 

Oppa, you can tell them we're dating. I don't mind. - Park Chorong

 

Oh my... so this Park Chorong is really all out when it comes to her feelings towards Onew ssi. I frowned... but what is my involvement in this? Why should I be the one lying?

 

“Look. To be honest with you, I really was about to meet Park Chorong yesterday... but while I was waiting, Kim Jiwon approached me and said hi. She was waiting for a friend as well so I told her that while her friend hasn't arrived then she can sit with me... I told her I was waiting for someone, too, but Chorong said that she'll be late for about 10 minutes so it was like that... and then you came.”

 

“Jiwon ssi used Minho oppa as an excuse of meeting you. If you weren't hiding something then she should've said you're her boyfriend's friend so..”

 

“She's a celebrity, Junhee-ah. You don't expect her to go around admitting that she's Jonghyun's girlfriend. Saying she's close to us because of Minho's drama is the safest way to get out of trouble, and she's not even aware you're his cousin. She won't deny it if she knew.” He told me. I was refusing to believe it... but I have to admit he has the point.

 

“Didn't Chorong arrive while we were outside fighting? That was really because we were the ones meeting each other. She was angry, right? That was because she misunderstood about me and you. We were going to see each other but suddenly she saw me grabbing someone else's arm. If you were the girl, won't you feel disappointed and dismayed as well?”

 

“Fine. Fine. I can explain to oppa about this.” I said, finally giving up and believing him. “But you should just say you're meeting Park Chorong.”

 

“Are you serious? Then it will look like we're actually dating! I will be into a bigger trouble... plus... I think Chorong will be happier if that's what will happen. I don't know.”

 

I shook my head.

 

“If I tell them it was Chorong I was about to meet then they will ask a lot of questions. Why did I grab your hand instead of hers? Why did I left Chorong there? And... because I'm dating a celebrity, they will say I'm hiding everything from them. A lot will get angry... and I won't be the only one affected... the whole SHINee will.”

 

Right. He's right. Ugh. I hate that he's right.

 

“If I say it was you, then there's nothing wrong meeting a dongsaeng. You're Jonghyun's cousin. The both of you are pretty close together, like siblings, no one will doubt if it turns out that you're close to all the members as well.” He added.

 

“Okay, fine.” I said. “I will just tell them we were about to meet each other yesterday. Okay. Whatever. Just for SHINee.” I said. He smiled.

 

“Thank you.” He said sweetly and smiled at me warmly.

 

I looked at him for some seconds and then I looked away. “Can you please stop smiling like that, it doesn't suit you well.” I said.

 

“But... you need to be nice to me from now on. I'll tell them since your school was just around the corner, I just invited you over for coffee.” He chuckled. “So you need to call me oppa.”

 

“Aish. I don't know. I'll do what I want to do and I'm not changing anything. This is your problem. I'm just helping. So you need to be the one adjusting.” I told him and twisted the knob to open the door.

 

I was shocked when Jonghyun oppa, Minho oppa, Taemin oppa, and Key oppa, exactly walked on the corridor when I opened it.

 

“Oh, Junhee??” Jonghyun oppa was full of question marks the moment I went out of the room. I was even startled. “What are you doing h-”

 

“Junhee-ah, let's go toge-” Onew ssi who followed me outside stopped when he saw the other members outside.

 

Minho, Taemin and Key-oppas' jaws dropped when Onew ssi came out of the same room. There were unexplainable expression on their faces. “What were you, two, doing there?” Key oppa said.

 

Jonghyun oppa took a look inside and found that no one else was there. “The both of you were here alone?” He asked with an eyebrow raising at us in suspicion. “Why? What's up?” He asked.

 

“Well... uhmmm...” I looked at Onew ssi. He was trying to grasp for some words to explain this as well.

 

“What, Kim Junhee, Onew-hyung?” Jonghyun oppa asked again as if we owe him some explanations. “You're not telling us?”

 

“Don't tell me you were playing hide and seek?” Minho oppa said and chuckled.

 

We were there standing awkwardly with each other until their managers arrived. “SHINee, why are you still here? The President and the representatives are waiting for us upstairs. Come on.” One of them said.

 

“Is she your cousin, Jonghyun-ah?” The other manager said and smiled. “Doesn't seem to be Onew's type though.”

 

So? Who cares? I don't want to be Onew ssi's type anyway. No. Nevermind.

 

“All you need to do is answer what they ask you. If they don't seek explanation, then don't give them.” The manager briefed me of how I should do the interrogation -err- interview. “Just be relaxed, okay. They won't harm you.” He chuckled.

 

“Let's go?”

 

“Yeah..” Jonghyun oppa answered. “But Kim Junhee... I guess we need to talk alone later. I think there's something I don't know about you... and him.” He said seriously... which made me a bit scared.


// I'm having fast updates ~ euhehe. Since I really missed writing. :D I'm even excited to write the next chapter. WHOO!! Thanks for all the subbies and for those who haven't subbed... click the button now !! And give me some comments later on! XD