Push and Pull

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

***Lee Jinki POV***

 

Days immediately passed as I and the rest of SHINee with the staff arrived at the airport to go back to Korea this morning. While sitting, Jonghyun sat beside me and talked. “About Junhee's performance...” He started. “Have you thought of it?”

 

I shook my head. I've been searching for song that could probably fit her but as what I have been complaining ever since, I find it quite difficult to read her, and to identify her likes and dislikes. “I've chosen a few songs, maybe I should just make her choose what she likes.”

 

I told you just have a duet with her.” Jonghyun took out his phone and looked into it as if searching for something. “Junhee, as a fresh artist, should have a fresh sounding music as well. Like the teenage feel maybe, which younger ones can relate.” He said and put an earphone on my ear. “I came across this song last night and I think it can be a good duet for the both of you.”

 

I didn't protest and just listened to the song. It was a bit fast and rhytmical, something that anyone who listens will easily move their heads to the song.

 

I'm very curious, I'm curious about everything.

Why can't I go to sleep and can only see your face?

 

I smiled automatically as the girl sang those first lines. Jonghyun saw me and chuckled. Those first words made me want to listen to it more.

 

When I'm with my friends and they talk about you.

Why do I get so excited and want to hear more?

 

It was as if I can hear Junhee singing the song while looking at me, I didn't know why I suddenly anticipated for it. Then it's the guy's turn to sing. As how I hear it, this is Yoseob's voice.

 

If only you are there, I become someone else...

 

I like you very very much.

I think I came to love you.

 

I want to say the same thing.

But is it okay to do that? Should I wait a bit more?

 

I chuckled. I thought this is actually what's going on in Junhee's mind sometimes. Wanting to confess about liking me, but to afraid and hesitant to do so just because she thinks something might probably go wrong if she do that.

 

What do you like about me? That's what I'm curious about. Since when did I live in your heart?

 

I'm very curious, too. I'm very curious about your heart.

Whether you really like me and not hate me?

 

Many handsome guys are by your side, so how are you coming to me girl?

 

Honestly, I want to say the same thing.

But why do I keep on shaking? Why do I keep on hesitating?

 

The song ended and there was a complete smile on my face. Almost everything in the song fits the two of us. What Junhee must be feeling, and all that I feel, all in one song. “Can relate much, hyung?”

 

Yah. Kim Jonghyun.” I looked at him suspiciously. “You didn't make this song, did you?”

 

Of course not!” He immediately defended. “I told you I only come across this song last night when I was trying to sleep.” He insisted.

 

But I doubt Junhee would want to sing this song. She said she likes me but I know she's still in denial about it. She's a hard-headed girl. She wouldn't give in to this.

 

Are you going to meet her once we arrive?” Jjong asked after a while.

 

If I'm not mistaken, she's probably with Kyu and Ilhoon again today since I haven't arrived yet. Honestly, I want to see her badly but at the same time, a part of me is telling I should not see her immediately after a while.

 

If you still don't feel good about Junhee being close with the guys then you have to set her limits.” Jonghyun added without even me asking. It seemed like he was very concerned, and why not? It's his cousin – not to mention his very close cousin – we're talking about here. “But you can't actually do that unless you two are exclusively dating.”

 

Hey hyung...” Jonghyun started a more serious conversation. “This is Junhee's first romantic relationship with a guy, and this is your first serious romantic relationship with a girl.” I looked at him. “You know what? Both of you are newbies in this kind of thing. Junhee doesn't know what to do around you as a girl, and you don't know what to do around her as a guy, knowing you can't do the things you do before anymore.”

 

Certainly, he has the point.

 

This is coming from the girl's cousin who started trusting you so much after seeing all the efforts you've made just to make her believe you like her.” Jonghyun said nonstop. I chuckled a bit after seeing him catch his breath after that long sentence. “You and Junhee are more like in a push and pull relationship. You go 2 step forward, and take one step backward. Every single time. One thing you should do now is to let her know how much you like her... or... is it already love? Make her feel it. Show it to her... that will give her the assurance that you are serious and that she doesn't need to worry about anything.”

 

She doesn't know how much?”

 

I'm sorry but my cousin's pretty much naïve and dense about these things. You have to make extra efforts for her.”

 

Aish..” I sighed. “Why does she require so much just to be with her?”

 

That's what makes her special anyway.” Jonghyun chuckled. “As much as I want to take care and protect my sister, I'm also a guy so I understand how you feel.” He patted my shoulder and chuckled. “And of course, I want you to guard her and make sure no one else comes around her. Screw Ilhoon, Kyu sunbae and even that Song Joongki ssi.”

 

I grinned and raised my hand for a highfive. He took it. “Right, cousin. You're definitely right! I will!” I said while chuckling.

 

Cousin?!!” Jonghyun repeated in surprise and confusion.



 

// If you want to listen to the song Jonghyun asked Onew to listen, here it is: YoseobXEunji - Lovely Day