Session with the President 1.1

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

** Kim Junhee POV **

 

I think I'm free for the rest of the day. What shall we do?” Onew sunbae said that afternoon when they finished the practicing. He was looking at the staff unni trying to know if there's any alternative task that we could do for the rest of the day.

 

Oh, yeah... we purposely vacated your schedule for this.” She said and handed out a small envelope. It was a mission card, I think.

 

He accepted it quietly and opened the envelope – both of us waiting to read it.

 

Mentor Onew,

 

We made sure to excuse you for all other schedules for today so you can join your hoobae, Kim Junhee, into one session with the other mentors and trainees to be conducted by the president and mentor himself, President Lee Sooman.

 

President?” I saw the surprised expression on Onew sunbae's face after figuring out that LSM will be the one who called for the session. “Wow. Daebak.”

 

There will be series of activities that will be asked for you to do by pair with your hoobae as your partner.

 

Do you know what are those activities?”

 

The staff unni shook her head, “I heard that only the President knows about it so far. Onew ssi, Junhee ssi, we need to be there by 3 pm.”

 

*** *** *** ***

 

Junhee-ah!” Il hoon ran towards me the moment he and his mentor Kyuhyun sunbae arrived inside this huge activity room. I heard that this is the largest practice room in the company. This was originally built for Super Junior but it has become the practice room for SMTown collaborative performances. “How are you, Junhee-ah?! It's so good I see you today!” He said.

 

Yeah. Me, too!” I answered back. “How's Kyuhyun's sunbae's mentoring, Il hoon-ah?”

 

He's so cool!” He said and gave me two thumbs up. “I am learning a lot from him but wait...” He leaned a bit to whisper something, “I still envy you because you got my favorite sunbae as your mentor.” He chuckles.

 

Oh... yeah.”

 

How is he as a mentor? Does he treat you right? Were you able to receive advices from him?”

 

A confession, actually.

 

Ah. Yes!” I only told him.

 

We were chatting happily when LSM finally arrived. There was sudden silence. Even the sunbaes obviously respect him so much. “How are you, kids?” He chuckled as he faced all of us. “Kyuhyun-ah.. tell us about the experience.” He said.

 

This is just the 3rd day of mentoring but I feel that this will really get a bit difficult as time will pass by. However, little by little, I know we can be a better sunbaes for our hoobaes.” He answered firmly.

 

Very well said, Kyuhyun-ah... How about you Jinki?”

 

LSM calling sunbae by his real name surprised me a bit. It sounded so cute and not so LSM-like.

 

It was fun.” Onew sunbae answered. “This program is created for the trainees to learn some experience from the sunbaes, but in reality.. we sunbaes can learn fresh ideas from these hoobaes as well.” He smiled to which LSM nodded.


“I see, Junhee-ah, Jinki sunbae is learning well from you.” He told me and the people inside the practice room laughed.

 

Today we are going to do a bit of like a team building activities. Your sunbaes are aware that once in a while, we do this kind of activity to make sure that we are working and blending well with our groupmates.” He told us. “This will help you to be close with each other as you will be with one another for the rest of your training weeks.”


I felt the excitement as he talked to us. Actually, I thought LSM was some kind of terror president who always argues and scolds his artists. However, I feel the closeness and his attachment towards the sunbaes, which is good, honestly.

 

Let's go for the first activity.” He said after a short while. “I'm calling this role play. You know especially during musical plays, there are times when we accidentally forget our lines and because it's done live, the only thing we could do is to adlib. However, if we are not into the character and only rely into the script, then we can't do the adlib without messing up. So for today, let's do a role play activity wherein you need to act with your hoobaes and your sunbaes – by pair. This activity can also help you start a closer relationship towards each other. Okay, can we start with our first pair?”

 

Taeyeon sunbae stepped forward with her hoobae. They picked randomly inside the box and Taeyeon sunbae read what they got.


// I was about to continue this but then i decided to just extend the role play activity with LSM until the next chapter. It will be a bit longer so ... please wait!! (Meanwhile, let me sleep coz I really am a person with hypersomnia. LOL)