The Gullible Jiyong

USA VIP's Fan Club

Jiyong’s POV…

I took the first taxi I could hail down outside to the hospital. A dozen thoughts were running through my head as the taxi driver drove faster and faster under my urge. One, I had to keep this hidden from Hoku, but at the same time, I was hesitant about hiding it from her especially after the last time I lied to her. Two, why would someone as admired and respected as Trang try and commit suicide? Things just weren’t adding up at the moment. The moment we pulled up in front of the hospital, I threw a hand full of money at the driver, unsure if it was enough or more than enough before running to the receptionist.

“Oh my god, Jiyong-ssi.” The two women behind the counter said slightly surprised to see me as I was out of breath.

“I’m looking for a patient.” I quickly urged as they nodded before I heard a scream.

“JIYONG……JIYONG!” The familiar voice screamed as I looked over to see Trang fighting with a few nurses down the hall from us. I quickly my heels towards them, heart racing as I approached.

“Trang, Trang.” I called pulling her grip from the innocent nurses before her eyes looked up to me.

“Jiyong?” She asked through tears as I sighed pulling her to my chest.

“Stop it. Stop this.” I whined before she hissed. I looked over to see that the nurse had stuck some type of needle into the bend of her arm, calming her down before we put her onto a stretcher.

“It’s a good thing you arrived Jiyong-ssi.” One of the elder nurses pointed out as I sighed, holding her hand as we walked to her room.

She’s been screaming for you since they brought her in this morning.” She pointed out as I sighed looking down to her wet tears, dabbing them with my coat sleeve. I felt a bit hesitant about being here, but at the same time I felt that I should be here. They walked us into her hospital room, set her up on her bed before leaving us alone. I sighed looking to her sleeping figure, her hand still clenching onto mine.

“What happened to you?” I whispered patting her hand still in mine before another nurse walked in and bowed to me.

“I’m Nurse Chao, we spoke on the phone.” She introduced as I bowed back holding my hand out to shake hers.

“How is she?” I asked worried about the still unconscious girl while the nurse sighed opening her binder.

“With the amount of drugs we had to pump from her stomach this morning, it’s surprising that she is still alive.” She started as I groaned in annoyance to this woman’s stupidity in doing something so stupid. There was a quick knock before a foreign woman walked in quickly bowing to me.

“I’m Sarah Mathews, I’m Ms. Arisa’s or Ms. Trang’s Manager.” She introduced as I bowed to her.

“From what Ms. Mathews has told us, Ms. Arisa has no history of any type of depression or anything that would trigger something like this.” The nurse pointed out as I nodded.

“So what triggered her to do this?” I asked confused as they looked to each other before me.

“I have a slight assumption that it has something to do with you, that’s why she’s been constantly calling for you.” The nurse said as I looked to the both of them confused then to the woman lying down.

“Me?” I asked still confused.

“From the news articles, you both dated yes?” The nurse asked as I nodded, unsure how that had anything to do with it.

“Yes, but she was the one that brought it up, not me. We had agreed long ago to keep it hidden.” I explained as the nurse nodded, writing what I had said down.

“Was there anything recently that would push her over the edge?” The nurse then asked as I continued to look at them confused.

“I haven’t had any contact with this woman in 8 years, I saw her for the first time at the interview.” I explained slightly outraged that it seemed they were trying to pin this on me.

“No, no, no Jiyong-ssi, you are misunderstanding. We are not blaming you, we’re just trying to pinpoint where she went off the edge, or we will have to admit her to ward for more screening and possibly to stay.” The nurse explained as I sighed in relief. I had explained to them everything that had happened from the interview till today, they nodded and finally exited.

“Geez, this is insane.” I whispered sitting back down before my phone began to vibrate. My blood ran cold as a chill ran up my spine, Hoku was calling. I stood off the chair, and quickly walked over to the window to answer it.

“Hello?” I answered hearing various voices in the background of her phone.

“Hey, how is everything going?” She asked as I looked over my shoulder to the still sleeping figure.

“Oh it’s going great.” I answered trying to smile the lie away.

“Oh that’s good, when will you be back?” She asked as I sighed looking to my watch to see that I had already been here for about 2 hours.

“Not sure, but don’t wait up for me. I’ll call when I’m done here.” I mentioned looking down to the rings on my fingers hesitantly.

“Alright, be safe, ok?” She asked as I smiled at her worried tone.

“Aish, look at this girl, one day official and she’s already worried about me.” I teased causing her to laugh, sending my heart a flutter.

“Why, is it wrong for me to feel worried about my boyfriend?” She asked as my heart raced, this was the first time she had acknowledged me being her boyfriend, it felt great but at the same time all I felt was heartache, first day as official and already I was lying to her.

“Well thanks for calling, but I need to get back.” I whispered hurt.

“Alright, call me, I love you Jiyong.” She added causing me to smile.

“Love you too.” I said back before hanging up, leaning my head back, eye shut before sighing.
“Jiyong?” A voice whispered as I quickly my heels.

“Trang?” I whispered running over to see that she was awake and already in tears.

“How stupid can you be?” I asked outraged hugging her before she sniffled against my shoulder.

“I’m sorry oppa.” She whispered while I sighed and pulled away to look at her.

“Promise me you’ll never do something so stupid again.” I begged before she nodded.

“Oppa, you’re going to stay with me right?” She asked as I took a seat.

“I’ll stay with you today.” I added before she looked up to me on the verge of tears.

“Oppa.” She whined as I panicked standing up.

“What? What? What’s wrong?” I asked worried as she sniffled.

“They won’t let me leave, so please stay with me while I’m here.” She begged as I sighed. How was I supposed to tell her no, she was on the verge of having another attack. I just hesitantly nodded before she smiled through tears.

“Thank you oppa.” She whispered as I sat down, feeling my heart throb. How was I going to do this?

 

Trang’s POV…

He agreed and promised to never leave my side while I was here. I was silently cheering on the inside, not only was I able to get him here, but I was also able to keep him away from her as much as I could. I could care less about how I had gotten in the hospital, it was worth the try, well worth it. It was a perfect time for me to rest from work anyways, and what better way to be in the hospital and plotting revenge against that damned woman. I was going to do anything to keep him away from her and with me, even if it put my life on the line.