Slowly trying to move on

USA VIP's Fan Club

Hoku’s POV…

Morning soon arrived on my 5th day away from Korea. Of course, I unplugged my personal phone and kept to the one YG gave me knowing that if it was an emergency, YG or any of the other employees would contact me through that phone instead. I got out of bed, being careful not to wake the pup lying in my pillows next to my head. It was getting a little warm now that winter was slowly leaving us, but to be on the safe side, I dressed warm but light for the day, I was meeting with the coordinator at the Honda Center and then at the LA Convention Center.

“Oh, you are awake.” A voice interrupted me when I was brushing my hair out. Looking over to see Kawika also ready, he was going to follow me the entire time, which I didn’t mind, at least I wasn’t alone.

“Did Aubrey come?” I asked reaching over for my bag before he nodded.

“She waiting downstairs.” He mentioned as I nodded, grabbing the now awake pup off the bed before walking out behind Kawika. I had asked Aubrey to watch over Jolie while I was away for the day, it would be my first day away from her, and it hurt, like leaving a child behind.

“Her toys are in the box in the living room, foods under the skin in the kitchen.” I explained making sure I had all my paper work and things in my bag while Aubrey cooed at the pup in her arms.

“Hoku, don’t worry, I got it.” She assured before I nodded sighing in relief.

“Thanks Aubrey.” I hugged her while she nodded.

“Kawika, keep an eye on her.” Aubrey teased before I snorted and finally walked out the door to the car I had just recently bought. Even though I was no longer in Korea, YG was still paying me, so I put all the money I had saved down on a car. It wasn’t brand new, but it did look like it, a white SUV Mercedes, nice car. Climbing into the driver seat, Kawika climbed into the other side.

“Are you sure you’re going to be ok?” He asked right as I started the car. To be honest, I had a nag for hiding my true feelings. Every moment of the morning, knowing I was working up to doing something for the band, it was bringing me closer to the one person I wanted nothing to do with. I was trying to stay professional but just thinking about the moment he would arrive at the airport where I was supposed to meet them in a weeks’ time was killing me.

“I’ll be fine.” I mentioned pulling on my fake smile before pulling out of the driveway and on our way.

“So what am I supposed to tell everyone when they ask me who I am?” He asked as we pulled on the highway.

“Oh, I forgot. There’s a badge in my bag, outside pocket for you to wear. You are going to be my assistant.” I teased causing him to snort pulling it out. He looked at it a bit before slipping it over his neck.

“They all speak English right?” He then asked causing me to smirk.
“The person we’re meeting has very little knowledge in English, partially why I’m going there, the others, the employees are all American.” I explained before he nodded. Finally seeing the Honda center in the distance, I sighed seeing the giant display screen out front, showing a slideshow of Big Bang photos for this weekend’s concert. I quickly looked away from it, fighting off the tears that were threatening to fall before we drove out back. Stopping at the security checkpoint, I rolled down my window and smiled at the security.

“Name?” He asked as I pulled out my badge and gave it to him.

“Ah yes, Ms. Hoku. Go right in.” He quickly said handing back my badge before I nodded and drove in.
“Woah.” Kawika whispered as I looked over confused.

“What?” I asked pulling the car into the first parking stall I could find.

“Being with you, is like driving around with a celebrity.” He teased while I rolled my eyes and snorted at his comment.

“Just come on.” I whined climbing out, grabbing my things before locking the car. We walked over to the door and inside where another pair of security stopped us.
“Can we help you?” One asked as I pulled out my badge again.

“I’m here from YG.” I answered while they nodded letting us go.

“Wow, I’ve never been in here without anyone else being here.” Kawika whispered while I chuckled. We walked all the way around the venue to the stage area where I met the coordinator I met in Korea.

“Ah Hoku-ssi.” The coordinator announced when she he finally saw me. I just smiled, waving before bowing and walking over to meet him.

“Finally you have arrived.” He said as I smiled and bowed.

“Ah, this is my brother Kawika, I asked him to me today.” I gestured over while he nodded.

“Kawika, this is the YG coordinator Lee Min Ki.” I introduce while my brother nodded and shook his hand.

“The stage pieces just arrived today, so they are getting to work on it right now.” Min Ki explained as I nodded, grabbing Kawika’s arm to make sure he was following us. We walked back stage to the main stage before looking out to the concert hall.

“YG told me you’re very creative, so I wanted to ask you for advice.” He suddenly said as I looked up surprised.

“Me?” I asked in disbelief causing him to chuckle and nod.

“The original idea was to keep the stage how it was for the Alive Tour, but what do you think?” he asked as I looked out to the large floor area.

“Well, for the guys to interact more with the fans, what if we did a square floor plan?” I asked gesturing with my arms as he looked out in wonder.

“You got me, explain.” He said interested as I nodded.

“Instead of that one cat walk to the extended stage, what if we have 2 on the sides, that way they can interact closer with those in the stands also, then the extended stage will connect from both cat walks.” I explained as he nodded slowly in thought.

“Why didn’t I think of that?” he whispered causing me to chuckle.

“That’s a great idea, we’ll pile the VIPS into the center before closing up the stage area on the sides.” He said offered before I nodded. We quickly let the set up crew know as they got to work while we spent most of the time sitting in the tech box out front.

“What time is the VIPS coming in?” Min Ki asked as I looked down to my folder.

“On the tickets it says 430.” I answered before he nodded.

“We’ll start bringing them in at 4:30, should take no more than 20 minutes to get them all in here, right?” He asked as I chuckled.

“When I came for the Alive Tour, it took them almost an hour to shuffle everyone in. No one was cooperating with the coordinating team or security. Then by the time they saw the doors to the venue open, it was like a stampede towards the stage.” I explained before he sighed, massaging his head.

“That means, we’ll need to hire more security.” He muttered before I turned to see Kawika sitting there annoyed.

“Min Ki-ssi.” I called over as he looked up from his work.

“I could get 3 volunteer guys to help with security if you need it.” I mentioned causing him to adjust his glasses before nodding.

“That would help a lot actually, we’ll need more guys to help with the pit.” He suggested as I nodded reaching over to slap my brothers arm startling him.

“Geez, what was that for?” He asked outraged before I chuckled.

“I got a job for you.” I pointed out while he looked at me confused.

“Well actually for you, Kona and Kai.” I added watching his interested face.

“Doing what?” He asked as I smirked.

“Security, you get to boss around a bunch of crazed VIPS.” I answered teasingly while he sighed, massaging his head. We stayed at the venue till lunch time, everyone broke off into their own groups for the lunch. Min Ki road with me and Kawika to the nearest burger joint which happen to be In N’ Out, we grabbed our food before heading now to the LA Convention Center.

“Where do I park?” I asked pulling up to the entrance as he gestured to the security checkpoint. I rolled the window down as the large man walked over.

“Can I help you folks?” He asked as I nodded.

“We’re with the YG Team.” I explained as he looked down to his clipboard.

“Can I see some sort of identification?” He asked as I nodded, pulling my nametag off before handing it to him.

“Ah yes, Hoku Fernandez. Go on in.” He said passing the badge back before I nodded, thanking him and driving off.

“I thought you were only the groups publicist?” Kawika asked from the back confused while I looked up at him through the rear view mirror.

“YG also appointed me Big Bang’s overseas coordinator alongside Min Ki-ssi.” I answered before he nodded and shut up. We took our food into the building, finding an empty room before settling down to our lunch.
“So how have you been?” Min Ki asked as I froze, fry halfway into my mouth.

“What?” I asked hesitantly as he looked up apologetically.

“I’m sorry for bringing it up.” He immediately began to apologize while Kawika patted my back.

“I’m moving on, I can’t sit there and cry about something I have no control over.” I explained while both men nodded. We finished our food in an awkward silence after that before walking over to the room we had reserved for the Fan Meet.

“Not bad.’ I whispered walking into see that they had everything practically set up, and a week ahead of time. The seats, guard rails around the fans area, the stage area with one long table, 5 seats, a podium.

“Their poster will be posted the day of the meeting.” Min Ki addressed as I nodded looking around.

I explained everything that was planned to Min Ki, leaving me in charge of the raffle prizes and whatnot for that day. Finally late at night, we left back home.

“Honestly I never thought a publicist does that much for a group.” Kawika admitted over while yawning, I just snorted.

“I have to book a hotel for them, rent SUVs, accompany them to their activities, and most of all make sure nothing happens that will ruin their image.” I explained annoyed while he sighed, patting my shoulder.

“I give you credit sis, that’s a lot to do even with what you are going through.” And there he goes, bringing it up again. I mean seriously, I’m trying to get over one of the most painful heartbreaks in history, putting a smile on my face even when my insides are dying, but no, no one wants me to live it down.
“Can we not talk about it anymore?” I whispered hurt before he sighed.

“Sis, you’re going to need to talk about it sooner or later. Keeping pent up inside is going to drive you crazy and tear you apart.” My brother informed as I sighed.

“I just want to get these activities over with, quit and then move on with life.” I seethed before he looked over to me shocked.

“You’re going to quit?” He asked surprised as I nodded obviously.

“Why wouldn’t I? What would make you think I would want to work longer with that ungrateful bastard?” I asked over annoyed.

“I understand sis, I don’t blame you, but this is something you love to do.” He pointed out as I quickly looked back to the road. He was right, I loved being creative and making a difference in people like their fans, how happy they looked when they saw their idols and all the hard work we put in, it’s all worth it.