Morning in Ohio

USA VIP's Fan Club

Hoku’s POV…

I groaned feeling a strange warm sensation on my arm followed by a delicious smelling aroma that filled the room I was in. Rolling onto my back, stretching I suddenly realized that I was in bed alone. My eyes carefully and slowly fluttered open to the room before pulling my head off the pillow, high enough to look over to the empty pillow next to me.

“Where is he?” I whispered looking around the room confused before hearing the skin in the kitchen turn on followed by a voice, obviously from the television. Stretching once more, I kicked my legs off the bed, standing slowly, feeling my joints crack while I sighed in relief that I wasn’t as sore as I thought I would feel. Tying the sheet around my body, I walked out of the room and down the hallway to see Jiyong behind the stove, cooking something before turning to the television that was currently on some Korean news outlet talking about our departure from Korea yesterday.

“Morning Baby. “Jiyong’s voice shook me from my trance as I turned my attention from the television to him.

“Morning.” I announce back walking to his side before accepting the warm kiss.

“You hungry?” he asked as I rested my chin on his shoulder, peering over to see that he was making an omelet.

“I didn’t know you could cook.” I whispered before he snorted.

“No one ever lets me cook, their lost.” He whispered almost sounding as he was fuming. I chuckled a bit, kissing his bare shoulder before turning towards the room.

“I’m gonna shower, alright?” I asked before he nodded.

I quickly took a shower, washing any proof of last night’s activities, wrapping my hair up in a towel before I noticed something in the mirror.

“Damn him.” I hissed annoyed tilting my head indeed to see that he had left the largest love mark I had ever seen, and at a perfect time.

“JIYONG!” I shouted annoyed frantically digging through my makeup bag, all awhile holding my towel up.

“Baby! Are you ok?!” He shouted running into the room as I marched over to the door yanking it open.

“You , look what you did?!” I snapped pointing to my neck before he bit his lip, obviously trying to hold in his laughter.

“It’s not funny, we’re meeting my family today!” I whined pushing his chest before walking back into the bathroom while he broke out laughing following me.

“Oh come on baby, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” He begged wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, not even giving him the light of day, too busy trying to find my foundation to hide it.

“Get out so I can get dressed.” I hissed pushing him out the door before making sure to lock it. I put almost an entire bottle of foundation on my neck before it was barely noticeable. I quickly got dressed in clothes that I deemed normal enough but also fashionable enough for Jiyong to agree with. My family obviously wouldn’t be used to me wearing brand names and expensive clothes, better to not scare them even if it was just my uncle and aunt that we were seeing today. http://www.polyvore.com/story_outfit/set?id=71346453

I walked out into our room, grabbing Jiyong’s ‘Get Out’ flat brimmed hat and my green converse shoes, before walking out into the living room.

“Oh you look cute.” Jiyong pointed out as I looked up to see him also dressed; thank goodness he listened when I said no jewelry. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=71386807

“I don’t think I’m quite used to seeing you with no earrings or rings.” I teased placing my jacket, his hat and shoes down before walking over to sit across him at the kitchen table.

“Well you said this side of the family isn’t used to this kind of stuff. I don’t want to start off on the wrong foot.” He mentioned before slipping a piece of his egg into his mouth. I just chuckled before nodding and began eating my breakfast.

“So what’s Selena’s family like?” He then asked while I sipped my orange juice.

“Well she has an older brother that is about your age. Steven, he’s like Kona, very protective of her.” I explained tapping my fork on the tip of my nose.

“Her mom, Aunt Val is an elementary school teacher, she can get all edu-macation on you.” I teased causing him to chuckle.

“Her dad, Uncle Russ is a realtor from the last time I heard. He tends to be serious about everything, sometimes it still makes me nervous.” I whispered before nodding over to him. We finished our breakfast before slipping our coats and hats on followed by our shoes.

“I’m borrowing your hat by the way.” I pointed out slipping his hat on me before he smirked.

“oh, let me take a picture.” He said overly excited, pulling his phone out before facing it to me.
“Wait.” I said tilting the hat down like he did at the ending of One of a Kind smiling. He laughed before taking the photo, I ran over to see it.

“Let’s go.” He finally said as we left the hotel, hand in hand to the car. Climbing I sighed looking out the window in thought.

“What’s up?” He asked buckling his seatbelt before I turned to him.

“Trying to remember how to get there.” I whispered sheepishly causing him to chuckle.

“Omo, look at this woman, it’s only 7am and she’s acting all cute like.” He teased pinching my cheeks before I slapped his hands away.

“Never mind, I remember.” I spoke annoyed, starting the car before finally pulling out of the driveway.

“Oh great.” I heard him mutter followed by a vibrating noise.

“Someone calling?” I asked never leaving my eyes from the road.

“Maknae doesn’t know when to stop.” He hissed annoyed causing me to laugh.
“Oh just put it on speaker, I’ll talk to him.” I said laughing at this overly jealous man sitting next to me.

“Fine.” He whispered putting it on speaker before placing it on the dashboard.

Hello?!” I shouted making sure he could hear me.

NOONA!” His voice shouted causing me to laugh as I carefully changed lanes.

What’s up Seungri? Everything ok back in Korea?” I asked noticing the time difference.

I was just checking on you two.” He admitted while Jiyong snorted.

We’re fine, we landed kind of late last night and headed to the hotel to sleep.” I explained smirking at my lie.

Hoku’s driving right now, we’ll call you back later. Bye!” Jiyong said quickly before hanging up.

“You’re horrible, you know that?” I asked over amused causing him to roll his eyes.

The ride was quiet before I pulled onto a familiar street.

“We used to come to this neighborhood for Halloween.” I pointed out slowly down to find the right house.

“She lives around here then?” He asked pulling his beanie on along with the hood to his coat. It was surprisingly chilly this October, so we were bundled up.

“Yeah, look for a red BMW.” I notified while he nodded and looked to the houses on his side of the car. We were almost at the end of the street before Jiyong shouted.

“There!” he shouted as I stopped the car and looked over to indeed see Aunt Val’s red BMW and their SUV parked in the driveway.

“Ha! Found you.” I spoke out mysteriously, driving to the end of the street before turning the car around to pull in front of the house.

“Will they be upset that we’re just showing up?” He asked nervously as I pulled the hat onto my head before adjusting my coat.

“They may be surprised, if anything Selena may be pissed.” I pointed out smirking over to his hesitant face. We climbed out of the car before I informed Jiyong to close his door quietly. Knowing that Selena’s family never fully left the house or were even awake till 7, we came at a perfect time. Walking through the small garden out front and up the porch steps, I turned to Jiyong who was quickly fixing his appearance.

“You look handsome as always.” I snorted before turning back to the door knocking. I heard a muffled voice from the other side of the door before it unlocked and opened showing Aunt Val in her school clothes covered with an apron.

“Yes?” She asked as I smiled watching as she looked up to me.

“Hi Aunt Val.” I chirped pulling off my hat before her eyes grew.

“OH MY GOD!” She shouted surprised before pulling me into a hug laughing.

“What are you doing here?” She asked patting my back and hugging me tighter only causing me to laugh. Finally she pulled away before I gestured over to Jiyong.

“Aunt Val, this is Jiyong, he’s my boyfriend. Ji, this is Aunt Val, Selena’s mom.” I introduced while he smiled and held his hand out.

“Oh child, we don’t shake hands in this family.” She informed pulling him into a hug while his eyes shot open in surprise only causing me to chuckle.

“What are you two doing here and not Korea?” She asked ushering us into the warm house before shutting the door behind me.

“I came to check on Selena.” I spoke as she sighed and nodded.
“She’s upstairs still.” She informed as I pulled off my coat and nodded.

“First, where’s Uncle Russ and Steven?” I asked looking around the living room while Jiyong stood uncomfortably at my side.

“Out back cutting wood. Seems like this winter is starting earlier than we’re used to.” Aunt Val said as I nodded rubbing my arms.

“Can I go scare them?” I asked jokingly while she laughed and nodded leading us to the sliding door that met the backyard where sure enough the two men were chopping wood.

“You may want to wait till they put the ax down.” Jiyong mentioned causing me and Aunt Val to laugh.

“Jiyong, did I say that right?” She asked as he nodded.

“You can call me GD if that’s easier to pronounce.” He offered while she sighed and nodded.

“Let’s go.” I whined opening the door, having to slip my coat on before we stood on the porch.

“Dear, we have visitors.” Aunt Val announced as the two men looked up from their work to me.

“Hoku?” Steven asked confused before they both came up the porch to me.

“Hi guys.” I said hugging them both.

“And this must be your idol boyfriend.” Steven announced almost as if he was trying to read Jiyong by scanning him. I sighed walking over to Jiyong’s side, holding his hand comfortingly.

“Jiyong, this is Uncle Russ and Steven. Selena’s dad and brother. Guys this is my boyfriend, Jiyong or GD.” I introduced as they shook Jiyong’s hand. We spoke for a bit on the porch while the family became more familiar with Jiyong who was surprisingly comfortable with them after a while. I let them know that my family didn’t know I was back in the states, that we were planning to surprise them, they only laughed and nodded. Aunt Val gave us permission to go up to Selena’s room while Steven followed us.

“I was surprised to see Selena come back even after Kona told me she was with some guy there.” Steven whispered as I sighed and nodded.

“Something’s happened, nothing to do with her, but she didn’t let any of us explain it.” I explained before he nodded pointing to the end of the hallway.

“Sounds like she over reacted for nothing, again.” Steven joked before I nodded. He left us alone in the hallway before Jiyong turned to me.

“You sure you don’t me to wait in the car?” He asked gesturing over his shoulder before I snorted, gripping his arm tightly, making sure he had no way to run.

“You’re coming with me, you need to speak Seungri’s side too.” I whined before he gave in and nodded. We walked over to the door at the end of the hallway before I mercilessly banged on the door.

“STEVEN! GET LOST!” Her voice shouted from the other side before Jiyong took a step behind me, obviously using me as a shield. I snorted before rolling my eyes and banging on the door again.

“I SWEAR TO GOD STEVEN, LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE OR I’LL CASTRATE YOU IN THE HALLWAY!” She shouted as I felt Jiyong flinch from behind me. I sighed, rolling my neck before banging on the door again.

“STEVEN YOU’RE DEAD!” She shouted as I heard her march over before swinging the door open launching her fist that I caught quickly, looking to her surprised expression.

“I’m not Steven.” I spoke up as she looked from me to Jiyong who waved from his spot behind me.

“What are you two doing here?” She seethed as she ripped her fist out of mine before crossing her arms over her chest.