Meeting the Father and Brother

USA VIP's Fan Club

Bold & Italicised in Korean

Jiyong’s POV…

We had a short interview on one of the popular Japanese cable shows; we did a small performance of Fantastic Baby before we were interviewed about the usual stuff. Our Japanese concert, our promotions, any other plans for the future, our newly established state side fan club, which that asked Hoku about. As promised, Eden had invited her out for lunch while I made an excuse to having a previous engagement to attend to for YG.

I was so nervous to meet them that I had even dressed up for the occasion without even realizing it. Dressed to impress with one of my designer tee’s with a black cardigan over it, jeans and a pair of high tops shoes. I slipped a cashmere dark grey trench coat on before slipping a simple flat rip hot on. Kyung, our driver gave me a ride into town where the sushi shop was located. I slipped on a pair of aviators as I climbed out into the busy street hoping no one would see or notice me. Of course, nothing is that easy. Immediately I was being bombarded with fans and screaming people as I made my way into the small shop, being warmly welcomed by the chefs.

I had booked the restaurant as private for the hour so that fans would not be able to interrupt or see us. The windows were covered with curtains and shades while I took a seat in the far corner, waiting. I sighed nervously, holding my sweaty hands together while I constantly checked my watch for the time. Before I knew it, the bell on the front door rang as I stood up and looked over to see an older Caucasian man dressed in a nice business suit and coat with a younger man, large built dressed in a similar suit walk in. They made eye contact with me as I quickly took off my sunglasses and hat before bowing to them. They walked over, both wearing a serious expression before I finally got a good look at them. Her older brother was almost an exact replica of her except for the danger aura coming off of him, the way he looked at me meant business.

“Ah, you must be Jiyong.” The older man obviously her father said as I smiled at him and bowed.

“No need for that son, shake.” He offered holding out his hand before I shook it.

“I’m Ben Fernandez, Hoku’s Step father. And this is Kona, Hoku’s oldest brother.” He introduced gesturing over he held his hand out.

“It’s nice to finally the famous G-Dragon.” He chirped with an evil smirk. I just laughed before offering them a seat across from me.

“I hope we’re not taking up too much of your time, I know you must be extremely busy.” Ben offered as I laughed nervously before shaking my head.

“No, I just finished an interview and came straight over, it’s fine.” I explained before he smiled and nodded before my eyes connected with Kona’s. I could tell by the way he was looking at me, that already he didn’t have a good image of me.

“So should we order something?” Ben asked as I quickly nodded, gesturing for the waiter to come as he did. We ordered different platters of sushi before the waiter left.

“So tell me a little about yourself Jiyong?” Ben suddenly asked sipping on his small glass of Soju.

“Um, I’m 25 years old. I’m the leader of Big Bang, a music producer and composer of YG.” I started before Kona chuckled getting my attention.

“Is there a problem?” I asked unsure as how I should take his laughing.

“Dad, I know everything about this man, let’s just cut to the chase.” He offered in a deep voice reminding me of hyungs which slightly scared me to be honest.

“Alright, can I ask why you like my daughter?” Ben then asked with authority while I hesitantly nodded.

“Like I told you over the phone sir, she’s different from girls here, girls I’m used to. They flock to me like a shopping sale, they’re glued to my side, but with her, she treated me like a real person, looked at me like a normal person. I may sound cheesy when I say it like that, but I would give up my music to show her.” I said confidently while he nodded sipping his drink again.

“Well you seem like a nice man to me, but as I said over the phone, this is the person you have to get past.” He offered gesturing to the younger man beside him before I nodded. Kona looked up to me suspiciously before sighing.

“Ok, let me just come out and say it. I’ve done my research on you after my father told me about this meeting. And I have to be honest, there are things in your past that I’m not comfortable with.” He explained looking at me seriously while I nodded in understanding.

“But I also found out that those incidents were not true, that most of them were accidents or when tabloids took advantage of you. But my question is now, how will you protect my sister from this?” He asked as I looked down to my lap.

“I have to be honest, I can’t protect her from it.” I added while their eyes shot open at my honesty.

“In my world, we’re always running from the tabloids and fans, constantly under a magnifying glass in the public eye, there’s nothing couples in the celebrity world can do. But I can promise that I’ll do everything to make sure she’s safe.” I added looking up as they looked at me seriously.

“Like what? What can you do to make sure she’s safe?” Kona asked annoyed before I sighed.

“I’ll give up my music or even threaten my fans to make sure she’s safe.” I added as his eyes slightly softened before he looked to Ben.

“She was already hurt being with you though.” Kona pointed out slightly through his teeth while I looked at them worried.

“She got hurt saving a friend.” I said as they looked at each other confused then to me.

“A friend?” Ben asked as I nodded confused.

“She saved our tour guide who was being harassed by fans.” I explained as they continued to look at each other confused.

“Sounds like her.” Kona mentioned as I nodded.

“That girl would put her life on the line for a random stranger any day.” Ben added causing me to laugh and nod.

“She also saved my sister from a few thugs here last weekend.” I added as their eyes shot open.

“She’s fine, they are both fine.” I reassured while they sighed in relief.

“It seems my sister has shown a whole new side to you.” Kona admitted while I nodded.

“She has a beautiful voice.” I offered before their eyes shot open.

“You heard her sing?” Ben asked out outraged as I nodded confused.

“She sang and played the piano for me.” I added before their jaws dropped.

“I haven’t heard her play or sing since dad passed away.” Kona added over to Ben who nodded.

“That’s what she told me, that no one knows.” I explained while they nodded.

“Wow, you must be special if she played for you and still hasn’t for me.” Ben pointed out talking a chug of the Soju in front of us. Our various sushi platters finally came and we enjoyed them while talking about Hoku’s past, my past and the future ahead of us. They asked about my various activities I had set up in town, and how I liked being a singer.

“We wanted to go and surprise Hoku tonight.” Ben offered as I smiled and nodded.

“Sounds like a plan. She went out with the girls for lunch in town too.” I explained before they nodded.

“How about you bring her out to us?” Kona asked as I looked over before nodding.

“Alright.” I agreed before we got planning to exactly what they wanted me to do and go where which happen to be their hotels restaurant.

“Are you going to make your relationship official?” Kona asked from behind his coffee as I hesitantly nodded. I saw the look on their face and knowing they were about to say something against, I quickly interjected.

“It’s best that it’s heard from my mouth, if we secretly date and fans or tabloids find out they will literally eat her up. If I’m the one making it official I can also tell or warn the fans about what will happen if she is hurt by them.” I explained as they stopped their advance before looking to each other.

“What are your plans if you guys last till the end of her term here?” Ben then asked as I sipped my drink.

“She said she wants to find a permanent job here so that she’ll be with me. My boss is looking into jobs in the company appropriate for someone like her.” I explained before they nodded.

“Jiyong, I have few things to ask of you before I fully agree with this relationship?” Ben interrupted as I sat up straight before nodding in understanding.

“That you will attempt to do anything to keep her safe from fans and reporters. I understand that you guys can’t totally run away from them but she’s new to this kind of world, I’m sure she’ll kick tabloids in the with a strong upfront but you know her. She’s tough on the outside but on the inside she’s as fragile as crystal.” He explained before I nodded in agreement.

“I promise sir.” I added before he nodded and looked over to Kona.

“I know the type of things that go on in the celebrity world, affairs and whatnot, I don’t need my sister embarrassed in front of the world because of something stupid you did with another woman. If you hurt my sister, I will be back from the states to personally hurt you in front of those same fans, understand?” he said threatening causing me to swallow hard before nodding.

“You sounded like Selena there for a moment.” I added panting as they snickered.

“If you’ve met Selena already, you should be more afraid of her.” Kona whispered before I sighed.

“Promise me that you’ll only fall for my sister and no one else? She doesn’t take lies, cheating or abuse well.” Kona added now in a serious tone while he looked down at his coffee hurt.

“She’s been hurt enough to last a lifetime, she’s been in depressions too many times for her age. She doesn’t need this life if you can’t promise us that.” He offered as I looked at them before nodding.

“I promise I’ll only ever feel the way I do for her.” I admitted before they nodded.

“Then all that’s left is, welcome to the Fernandez family.” Ben said jokingly holding his hand out for me to shake. I laughed a bit before shaking his hand in return.

“Thank you sir.” I said happily before looking to Kona.

“Can’t believe my sister actually ended up with the person she’s been admiring on her bedroom walls.” Kona teased causing me to chuckle and blush in reaction.

We went in our opposite directions with the plans for tonight running through my mind, but there was something that needed to be done first. I pulled out my phone and pressed a number from the morning.

“Jiyong?” His voice answered again as I sat in the back of our van.

“Sir, I want to have a conference, soon.” I offered as the line went quiet.

“How soon Jiyong?” he asked with authority as I heard things moving on the line.

“As soon as permitted.” I said confidently feeling his smile through the line.

“Are you sure about this Jiyong?” He then asked hesitantly while I sighed.

“It’s best if it comes from me before they find out on their own and eat her up alive. At least then I can say a few ‘encouraging’ words to those who plan to hurt her.” I mentioned smirking.

“I don’t like the way that sounds.” YG offered hesitantly causing me to laugh.

“I’ll do anything and say anything to make sure she doesn’t get hurt.” I admitted looking out the window to the passing cars.

“Why do I have the feeling we are about to be bombarded by tabloids with questions about the two of you?” He asked as I laughed.

“Let me know when it’s all set up.” I offered before finally hanging up. I was going to protect her at all costs, even if it made me look bad, anything to keep her safe, it was worth it.