Heartbreak is pain that kills us slowly

USA VIP's Fan Club

Hoku’s POV…

I left home that same day of telling YG, I couldn’t stay any longer and not do something outrageous. I packed everything I had brought with me to the states, leaving all the fancy clothes he had bought me, but there was one thing I couldn’t leave, that needed to go with me, Jolie. I don’t care if it will remind me everyday of the Christmas Weekend we spent together, she meant the world to me, the only thing holding my heart from shattering. Once I had everything packed into my own suitcase, I dressed in the clothes I had bought myself, sent my bags off with Mr. Kim along with Jolie in her animal carrier. Before leaving, I sat on the edge of my bed, still wearing my sunglasses since I cried most of the night last night, my eyes were beyond swollen. I had a sheet of paper and pen sitting in my hand for the last 10 minutes, well two sheets of paper to be more precise. The girls were all off working, so they didn’t know what had happened, but I’m sure once they get the news they will come find me here. So not wanting to run into any of them, I wrote out two letters, one to them and one to Jiyong.

 

Girls,

Whatever news you find out about me and Jiyong, don’t be too hard on him. I’m fine, I’m moving back to the states to work, so I’ll see you all when you fly up in two weeks. I’m taking Jolie with me so don’t worry about me being alone, I’m not. Don’t do anything stupid while I’m away, if you do, I’ll fly back just to kick your myself. Be good, and stay with the guys, don’t come for me, I’m fine. Tell the guys I’m sorry I didn’t tell them I was leaving, it’s better for everyone this way. If you ever need to talk or anything, I’m only a phone call away. Tyra, Eden, Selena, I’m leaving the club activities and business in Korea to you three, make the right choices for the group on my behalf. If you need any advice or help, call me, I’ll always be there for you girls. I love you 4 so much, Steph keep an eye on them for me, thank you girls. Stay and be happy with the guys, I know they love you all.

 

Love you my sisters,

Hoku

 

I was in tears when I finally folded the note and taped it to the fridge door, now onto Jiyong’s letter.

 

GD,

I’ll never know what I did to make you hate me or so upset with me, and maybe that’s how it should be. I thought you would be happy to know that I am moving back to the states, I’ll give you the space you need and if in the future our paths cross, please stay away from me. I left all the clothes, accessories, shoes, bags, etc. that you and your coordi bought for me over the months, just in case you think I stole something, I didn’t. I did take Jolie with me, that’s the least you can do for everything you have put me through. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of her every day. I’m sorry if I came across whining or nagging to you, but I was genuinely worried and concerned. I guess after this you won’t have to worry about me anymore, I’ll be home, away, and you’ll be happily in love with the next bimbo to fall for you. Live happily GD, keep your fans happy, that’s the least you can do for everything. Tell the guys I love them and will miss them dearly.

 

-Hoku

 

I knew the moment I hit the airport, fans and media would see me, then news of me leaving would reach the guys. Sure enough, the moment I took my seat on the plane and reached over to turn off my phone, it was ringing off the hook. Texts and calls from the members and girls came through. I sighed heartbroken before I pulled the battery of the phone out and tossed it into the purse. This is how it should be, the girls should stay and be happy with the guys, I don’t want to stay and be a burden.

 

My family was beyond shocked when I suddenly showed up at home with my things. I’m sure they got what had happened thanks to my swollen eyes that still had not gone down at all.

“Are you ok sis?” A voice interrupted me as I sat in my old bedroom on my bed, glasses on, laptop out to work, Jolie lying in the pillows. I looked up from my work to see Kawika standing by the door hesitantly. I sighed down to the computer before looking over to him smiling.

“Yah, come in.” I said forcefully. I had been home for 3 days already, news about GD and Trang dating had hit me like a ton of bricks and for the past couple nights I had been crying myself to sleep. On top of that, I had been having terrifying and heartbreaking dreams every night, sleeping wasn’t on the agenda anymore.

He walked in and took a laid down next to Jolie before she ran over and began his face.

“How are you?” He asked as I sighed going back to work.

“Busy.” I answered in monotone not really wanting to talk about what happened.

“Sis, I saw the news, did he really break up with you for the model?” He then asked throwing another ton of bricks at me. My fingers froze on the keyboard before I bit my lip.

“Kawika, can we please not talk about it.” I whispered begging before he sat up, hugging me around my neck.

“I’m sorry sis.” He whispered hugging me before I gave in, letting the tears fall. He held me against his chest so that I could cry while Jolie curled up in our laps. After a few minutes of crying again, pulled away frustrated. Wiping my tears onto the sleeve of the coat I was wearing I turned back to the laptop.

“Are you still going to the concert and fan meet?” He then asked as I sniffled looking down to the email I had been writing to one of the coordinators in Korea.

“I’m still an employee, I have to see this till the end.” I whispered forcefully before he sighed and patted my back.

“If it’ll make you happy, I can come along with you.” He mentioned as I quickly turned to him in realization.

“You would?” I asked surprised before he nodded.

“I mean, that bastard will be there right? Then I can go to make sure he stays away from you, plus I wouldn’t mind giving him a piece of mind.” He whispered while I chuckled.

“I’ll let YG know, thanks Kawika.” I thanked before he nodded climbing off the bed.

“Sis, you need to start eating more, you’re thinner.” He said poking my arm before I snorted.

“I’m busy, can you feed Jolie?” I asked before he nodded, patting his leg, she followed jumping off the bed to follow him out.

 

Author’s POV…

Kawika took the small pup down to the kitchen, filling her bowl with water and food before grabbing a banana.

“How is she?” A voice asked causing him to look up to see Aubrey walking in.

“The same, she still hasn’t moved from her bed, so she’s working from there now.” He explained seriously before Aubrey took a seat on the barstool.

“I can’t believe someone like GD did something like that.” She whispered upset before Kawika nodded.

“I’m going with her to the concert and Fan Meeting next weekend, I don’t want that bastard anyone near her.” Kawika hissed causing Aubrey to chuckle and nod.

“Must be hard though, having your breakup public.” She whispered in thought.

“Lucky for everyone Kona and your dad are in Europe right now.” Aubrey said in relief while Kawika nodded.

 

Back In Korea…

“They’re DATING!?” Selena snapped causing Seungri and the other members to flinch when Selena had scrolled across the news. The girls had stumbled across the letters Hoku had left for them a few days ago, along with the letter she had written Jiyong. Since that day, they hadn’t seen him at the building, not even at the dorms. YG said Jiyong had taken a vacation to his parents pension for the weekend. Not like anyone really cared.

“That stupid son of a …..” Selena seethed before Seungri shot up, covering from the ears in the room.

“I can’t believe this is happening.” Steph whispered hurt in Daesung’s arms, both equally upset.

“What the hell is going on with Jiyong?” Teddy whispered staring at all the upset faces in the room.

“Ji wouldn’t do something like this.” Se7en whispered causing the members to nod.

“You think something is up?” Tyra asked over to Top who just nodded.

“I have to agree, I’m pissed but why would Jiyong suddenly break up with Hoku and then go with Trang?” Top mentioned to everyone in the room who sat there in thought.

“Something doesn’t feel right.” Eden whispered leaning her head on Taeyang’s shoulder.

 

 

Jiyong’s POV…

Trang left back to Japan for a photo shoot that she had scored thanks to the news of us dating, when she did, I left to my parents pension. I couldn’t stay at the dorms or even the studio, everyone in YG hated me for what I did, not like I blame them. I hadn’t been sleeping or eating for that fact since I had found out she moved back to the states. How many times I had been tempted in these few days to throw everything out the window and let Trang release the news? I lost count, but I couldn’t let the other members fall because of me, it wouldn’t be right, it was better this way.

When I got to the pension, my sister beat on me before I reached the door, she cursed and cried about how stupid I was. I just sat there and took it, it was my fault.

“Jiyong.” My mother’s voice suddenly turned hard when she saw me walk in the pension, bags in tow. My father looked over from his seat on the couch, standing up before walking out of the room. My family had never shunned me before but I guess from everything I put everyone through, I deserved it. They loved Hoku like their own daughter, and I took that away from them.

“Dami, take your Appa’s lunch to him.” My mother spoke, my sister pushing past me, grabbing the tray before walking away.
“Jiyongie, can I speak to you?” She then asked never looking up from the food she was making. I nodded walking over, putting my bags up against the wall before taking a seat on the couch. Soon she joined me, two sandwiches sitting in front of me.

“How are you? You clearly haven’t been eating or sleeping.” She pointed out sitting next to me.

“I’m fine Omma.” I spoke ashamed before she sighed, patting my thigh.

“Jiyongie, tell me what’s going on? I’m so confused.’ She whined. I hesitantly looked up to her slightly aged face, noticing the dried up tears on her cheeks, she had been crying for me? I held her hand that was still on my lap before turning away.

“Omma.” I called before her hand caressed mine.

“I think I made a mistake.” I whispered letting the tears fall to my jeans, leaving imprints of wet spots here and there. Omma was the one person I could trust.