Day Out in London

Meeting By Coincidence

 

She is our tour guide?” Lu Han tilted his head at me. He didn’t say it in a mean way; it was just a curious question.

“Yep.” Kris answered. “She says she knows her way around London, so I figured why not.” He made it sound like it was all his plan. I looked down and smiled.

“Are we paying her for it?” Se Hun asked quietly. I looked up at him, eyes wide.

“No! Not at all - I’m not doing this to be paid.” I explained. He nodded thoughtfully.

“Oh well! It’s great that we have someone to show us around now.” Chanyeol said, smiling at me. I blushed from the way he was looking at me, and from what he had said yesterday.

“Noona, I just realised that none of us know your name.” Kai said to me. The others nodded in agreement.

“Oh… It’s Sirrah.” I told them. Kris was just leaning on one of the counters looking at me interacting with everyone.

“Sirrah?” Kai asked. He said it like Saera. “’New’ noona?” He chuckled. I shook my head and corrected his pronunciation.

“It sounds nice - I like it.” said Lu Han. I smiled at him.

“Thank you,” I said.

“Yah, noona, come sit down.” Kai, said tapping the empty chair between him and Se Hun. I nodded and sat down. Se Hun looked and smiled at me shyly.

“Would you like something to eat, Sirrah?” Xiu Min asked me.

“No thank you, I ate just a little while ago.” I smiled up at him. He was so cute and cuddly looking. “So have you all thought about whe-” I was cut off by a loud yell coming from the door.

“Chingu-yah!” Baekhyun shouted and trudged over to me. He lifted me off the chair and wrapped me up in a bear hug, just like last night. I squealed again – he laughed and put me down on the floor. Just as my feet touched the floor, Kai grabbed my arm and pulled me down onto the chair. I yelped and fell back onto it. I saw Kris silently laughing across the kitchen from me. I looked down and blushed. Kai saw and ruffled my hair.

“Ah, so cute.” He said and started chuckling along with the rest of the boys as they saw my eyes widen.

“Stop stressing her out guys.” Suho said as he sat down on a chair and smiled at me. I laughed at how off target he was. Stressing me out? I was actually on the verge of having a nervous breakdown. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down.

“So…have you guys thought about what you want to do today?” I asked them. I was grateful my voice didn’t shake when I spoke – I was so nervous.

“What are our options?” Lay asked me. I thought about it for a minute.

“Well, we I can either show you around the city, or we can find something fun to do.” I told them. They all looked around at one another. I waited.

“I think we can save a tour of the city for another day.” Lu Han spoke for all of them. They all nodded.

“Uh…how does bowling or ice-skating sound, to get you all started off?” I suggested.

“How about both?!” D.O yelled. He already looked excited and I laughed.

“Yeah, we can do that.” I replied. “Is it just going to be you guys?” I asked.

“No, our manager and some staff will come too.” Kris replied to me. I looked up at him and nodded.

“So are we going to take the train?” I enquired further.

“We have a van.” He replied.

“Oh I see. Well…you guys ready to go then? Or do you want to wait?” I asked them. They all said yes and ran off to get their bags or whatever, leaving only me and Kris in the kitchen. I looked around awkwardly. He smirked and turned around, walking out of the kitchen. I followed him after a second. He was on the phone when I came into the living room.

“Yes…yes, we are ready to go… Yes, you can bring the van... We will be waiting. Goodbye.” He turned around to look at me.

“Manager?” I asked him, in English.

“Yeah,” He replied back. “Sit down.” He said, motioning towards the sofa. I perched on the edge of it and he came and flopped down next to me. Breathe, Sirrah, Breathe. “You got me in trouble, you know…” He began.

“Huh?” I turned around to him, eyes wide. He laughed silently. “Sorry, I mean how?”

“You picked up my calls when you had my phone?” He asked. 

“N-no! No one called, it just rang o-once and I thought it was you, but I couldn’t read the Chinese so I didn’t know and I picked it up thinking it was you but it wasn’t. But I hung up as soon as I realised!” I rambled. “…Sorry.” I said, looking away.

“The manager thought I was with some girl and told me off.” He explained. I gulped and looked back at him with wide eyes.

“I’m…I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to get you in trouble. I honestly had no clue!” I squeaked.

“It’s fine…you’re lucky he believed me when I told him what was going on.” He smirked at me. He did that a lot. And then I caught up to what he had just said. You’re lucky he believed me. So what if he hadn’t? I felt my eyes widening even more – more than I had thought possible. I didn’t know what to say. I was shocked when Kris started laughing out loud. Lu Han came into the room, pulling on a grey beanie.

“What happened?” He asked, seeing Kris laughing. Kris shook his head as if to say ‘nothing’ but carried on chuckling. I got up from the sofa and went to stand next to Lu Han. Kris and his mood swings were too much for me to handle – as was his Holy iness in such close proximity to me. Lu Han looked at me with an amused look. “Is he scaring you again?” He asked and ruffled my hair. I didn’t dare answer that with Kris sitting barely two metres away from us. He stopped laughing and looked up at me to see what my reaction would be. He still had his smirk plastered on his face as if to say ‘Go on, answer him’.

I laughed awkwardly “Hehe…no, nothing like that.” And looked away. Lu Han looked at me with a knowing smile.  The rest of the boys padded into the room, dragging jackets and backpacks behind them. I’m about to go out with EXO. I tried not to work myself up to a heart attack at that thought. And then Baekhyun came in, pulling his jacket on. I lost all my resolve and my mouth fell open. He looked at me and smiled. I think I’m in heaven…

It took quite some effort to shut my inner thoughts up. We sat down and made small talk while we waited for the manager and rest of the staff to come.

After a little while, we heard the doorbell ring. Tao jumped up to go open the door. He let in a man who looked like he was in his mid-30s and a behind him came in a few other men and women. The guy in the front who I guessed to be the manager walked in and dropped a big, black bag on the floor.

“Hey, kids.” He said. My guess was confirmed when EXO all greeted him, calling him ‘Manager hyung’. He stepped forward and then stopped when he set eyes on me, sitting on the sofa on the side, between Kai and Lu Han. He looked around at the members as if to say ‘what the hell is this?’. Kris stood up and moved towards him.

“Hyung, this is Sirrah, she offered to show us around London.” He told the manager.

I got off from the sofa and gave him a little bow. I knew enough about Korean customs. “Annyeonghasaeyo.” I sat down, and the boys were staring at me. They looked impressed and I smiled shyly. The manager greeted me back and then moved a little closer to Kris.

“Yah, Kris, what did I say about tour guides? You can’t really expect us to take this girl around with us can you?” He spoke in a hushed voice but I heard him.

“Uh…Hyung, she speaks Korean.” Kris said. I saw the manager’s ears turn red. He turned to me and apologized.

“Aniyo, don’t apologize. Honestly, it’s ok. And as far as being your tour guide goes, I’m not expecting any sort of payment from you.” I told him politely. Kris looked at me and smiled. It wasn’t a smirk, just a genuine smile. I stopped breathing again…The manager saved me.

“So…if you don’t mind me asking, why are you doing this?” He asked. I was just about to answer when Kris looked back at him and spoke for me.

“Because she’s a crazy fan-girl.” He said. I coughed and everyone in the room started laughing. I blushed furiously. I’ll get you back for that one, Duizhang. He looked back at me with a mischievous smile on his face. I sighed.

“Well…whatever your reason, that is kind of you.” The manager thanked me. “Now where do you kids plan to go?” He asked.

“Noona is taking us ice-staking and bowling.” Kai said. He raised an eyebrow at the ‘noona’ part, just like Kris had done yesterday. What was so strange about it?

“Well anyway, let’s not waste any more time then. Let’s go have fun!” He yelled. Everyone cheered and pulled on their jackets and backpacks. I saw Kris grab a black leather jacket from the sofa and put it on. Wow. Not that he was the only one that looked good…it’s just he was so…Never mind.

We went outside and Kris locked the door. I turned to see two big white vans parked next to my Mini. I counted the number of staff…one, two, three… there was 10 of them in total, including the manager. They put their things into the vans and one by one everyone got in. I wondered how this would work…I guess I would be giving the driver instructions. Only the manager and I were left standing outside now, and Kris was getting into the van when the manager spoke.

“Uh…I don’t think there will be enough space.” He said looking at me. Kris heard and stepped back out of the van.

“So what do we do?” He asked. I had an image of me sitting in one of their laps. I slapped my head. Naughty brain. Kris saw and gave me a strange look.

“I’m not su-” The manager started.

“Oh, no it’s ok, I have my own car.” I told them.

“You do?” The manager asked. I nodded and pointed toward the blue car parked a short distance away from us, holding up the keys. “That’s great! Kris why don’t you ride with her - just so we have someone with her who we can call in case we get lost?” He said. Kris raised an eyebrow but nodded.

“I’ll go with her!” Kai yelled from the van. The manager looked at me.

“I have four seats.” I told him.

“Ok, so who wants to go with Sirrah?” The manager asked the boys. Kai scrambled out, and Lu Han followed him. “One more?” After a bit of hesitation, Tao jumped out. I smiled at the panda-lookalike. He tentatively smiled back. To his surprise I gave him a full out grin. His eyes widened but so did his smile. Great. I thought.

I led them over to my cutesy car and pressed a button on my key to unlock it.

“Wow! I love this colour!” Lu Han yelled.

I laughed. “So do I, that’s why I got it.” I called out to him. He looked at me and grinned. “I’m riding shotgun.” He looked at Kris and stuck his tongue out. Kris sighed. Lu Han opened the door and I told him to put his seat up so Kai and Tao could get in. Kris came round to my side. I opened my door and pulled the seat up. He scowled at Lu Han before getting in. He…seemed to have a little trouble with it, considering his height. I silently laughed as he grunted when his back hit the roof. As soon as he turned around and sat, I pulled a poker face into place. He narrowed his eyes at me. Crap, I guess he saw. I cleared my throat and pushed my seat back into place. It hit his knees. Tao was already cramped into the middle and Kai was pulling himself in through the other door. He got in and yelled as Lu Han slammed the seat back down onto his legs. He got in then and closed the door.

“I don’t understand how you can sit in this, Noona! You’re lucky you’re short!” He huffed. I pouted. I had always been insecure about my height.

“I’ll take that as compliment.” I mumbled. I looked at Lu Han, who was sitting comfortably in the front with plenty of space, then down at his seat.

“Oppa, there’s a lever under your seat. Can you pull that up and pull your seat forward a bit?” I said to him. Instead of doing what I asked he looked up at me with sparkling eyes. I fidgeted.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked him, feeling uncomfortable.

Tao snickered in the back and I looked at him. “I think it’s because you called him ‘oppa’. He loves being called that.” He said. I looked back at Lu Han.

“That was so cute!” He said quietly, looking like he was in dreamland. Kris chuckled in the back. I smiled at Lu Han.

“I’ll call you that then, if you like it.” I said to him and he nodded. “Now can you move your seat forwards so Kai has a bit more space?” He nodded and moved his seat forward. Kai finally stretched out from his almost foetal position. I laughed at his expression.

“Thanks, Noona.” He said and shot me a dazzling smile. My heart skipped a beat. I quickly turned around before I started blushing. I turned the keys and brought the car into ignition when I felt a kick at my chair. I turned around and looked at Kris. He was looking at me with a deadly straight face. I brought my gaze down. He was scrunched up almost worse than Kai had been.

I smirked at him – copying his usual expression. “Yes? You want something?” I asked him in English, with a fake innocent expression - I knew he wanted me to move my seat forward too. His mouth fell open. He started to speak but then closed his mouth and looked away. I smiled and turned around. I moved my chair forwards and heard a quiet, relieved sigh from the back. I chuckled and looked in the rear view mirror as I adjusted it. Kris was looking out of the window…and smiling. I reversed the car and pulled up next to the first van in which the rest of EXO were seated. The manager was driving it. I rolled my window down and was about to call out to him when I stopped. He looked at me with a quizzical expression.

“What should I call you?” I asked politely in Korean.

“My name is Dae Suk.” He replied to me.

“Daesuk oppa?” I suggested. He smiled and nodded.

“Well there is probably going to some traffic at this time, so try not to lose me…although it will be hard with my car…It won’t take long.” I told him. He acknowledged that and soon we were driving through the streets of London. They boys had their faces plastered to the windows asking what this was and what that was.

“Whoa! What’s that?!” Lu Han asked, looking at a huge circle sticking up across the river from us.

“That’s...London Eye.” I said the name in English.

“London Eye?” Kai asked.

“It means…the eye of London. It’s called that because when you go in one of the capsules and reach the top, you can see most of the city from there.” I explained.

“I would like to go on that.” Tao said quietly. I smiled.

“I promise I’ll take you on it soon.” I told him. Lu Han started rolling his window down when I stopped him.

“No! Oppa, keep your window up.” He asked why. “The traffic is too loud here and the fumes get in from all of the traffic.” He nodded and pressed the button to push it back up. I looked in my rear view mirror to check that I still had the two white vans on my tail when Kris looked up and caught my eye. He smiled at me. I blushed and looked away, although I smiled.

Lu Han looked at me. “What, oppa?” I asked, keeping my eyes on the road.

“Ah, it’s so cute when you call me that.” He said. I giggled. He reached over and ruffled my hair. What’s with Lu Han, Kai and ruffling my hair? They gave me a heart attack every time they did it. “I’m going to call you mei-mei.” He informed me.

“Mei-mei? What does that mean?” I asked him.

“It means little sister in Mandarin,” He told me. I looked over at him briefly and smiled. Ah, it sounds so cute, especially coming from his mouth.

“Fine by me, it sounds nice.” I told him. He looked happy about that.

“Oh, so both of you have nicknames for each other now, what will you call me, noona?” Kai asked from behind Lu Han.

“Hmmm…” I thought about it for a minute.

“Kkamjong?” Lu Han suggested. “It’s what we call him.”

“Nah, I need something special… I’ll call you Kawai.” I told him.

“Kawai? What’s that?” Kai asked.

“It means cute in Japanese. Kai…Kawai… Don’t you see the resemblance?!” I complained.

I heard a chuckle from the back. Kris. “Aniyo, I like it.” He said. I smiled in satisfaction.

“What will you call me?” Tao asked quietly.

“Panda.” I replied without a second thought. I heard him laughing softly.

“I’ll call you jie-jie.” He said.

“What’s that now? More Mandarin?” I asked.

He nodded. “It means big sister.” He told me shyly.

“Great, jie-jie it is then!” I said and laughed.

“Since you call Lu Han hyung ‘oppa’, will you call Kris hyung that too?” Kai asked, a mischievous tone to his voice. I coughed and saw Kris turn his head sharply towards Kai in the rear-view mirror, giving him a warning look. The traffic lights in front of me turned red. I thought about that for a second. Time to play a game.

I turned around and faced Kris. He looked confused. I pouted and put on the cutest face I could muster, making my eyes into googly circles. I was well aware of how well it worked on guys – and it always worked. I reserved this for special occasions.

“Would you like that, oppa?” I said to him in a sugar coated voice. His eyes went wide, his ears turning red. Even Tao and Kai looked stunned. Kris abruptly turned his head away, looking out of the window.

“No, just call me Kris.” He said curtly. Lu Han burst out laughing at his reaction as I turned around with a huge grin on my face.

Sirrah – 1: Kris – 0.

The traffic lights finally turned green and I pressed down on the accelerator. Ten minutes later, we arrived at the sports centre. Lu Han got out of the car and put up his seat to let Kai and Tao out. Kris started scooting over to the other side but I already had my seat up.

“Not coming out?” I asked him with a smirk on my face. Two can play this game, Duizhang. He scrambled out and looked at me. His ears turned red again and he swiftly walked away. He looked angry. I closed my door and locked the car. I walked up next to Lu Han. “Oppa, what’s wrong with him?” I asked him as we watched Kris disappear through the entrance to the sports centre behind Kai and Tao.

“It looks like his allergy is coming out.” He said, cryptically.

“Allergy?” I asked, confused.

“He has an allergy to cute things.” He said, ruffling my hair. I was too confused by his words to even have a heart attack that time.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“He has an allergy to cute things, because they make his soft side come out.” Lu Han whispered to me. My eyes widened. He thinks I’m cute? But then a better thought struck me and I smiled evilly.

Looks like you’re not as tough as you look, Duizhang.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8 for my lovely readers ^^ Hope you enjoy this and please please please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese leave comments and subscribe! 

Chapter 9 coming soon so look forward to it. Happy reading! <3