Thorpe Park

Meeting By Coincidence

 

The unnies handed Yerin back to me, and I strapped her back into her pram. She pouted in the most adorable way ever. I laughed and pinched her cheek. “Don’t use aegyo on me, Yerin-ah!” She laughed when I wiggled my fingers at her. Daesuk oppa came up behind me.

“Are we going to use the trains?” He asked.

“No, oppa. The trains don’t actually go to the amusement park so we have to drive. It won’t take long since it’s not far.” I told him. He nodded and started loading the boys into their van as the staff members got into the other one.

“Kris, you go with Sirrah, ok?” Daesuk oppa called out to him. My heart fluttered at his name and the thought of him being near me. He walked past me.

“Nah, I’ll just sit in the van.” He didn’t even look at me. Ouch, that hurt. This guy needs to manage his mood swings.

“It’s ok, Sirrie! I’ll sit with you!” Chanyeol said, coming up next to me and winking at me, as he pulled on his cap.

I smiled up at him. He’s always so nice and caring.

“On second thought, you’re right, hyung. I’ll sit with her in case you guys get lost.” Kris said, moving towards my car. I frowned. What the hell is his problem? He looked up and glared at Chanyeol, then moved his gaze to me. “Not coming?” He asked.

“Stupid bird.” I muttered under my breath and moved the pram towards my car. Yerin’s pram was one of those cool ones (cool to me) where you could separate the seat from the pram to make a car-seat. I pulled the car-seat out with Yerin in it and put it on the floor while I tried to fold the pram down. How the hell do you close this thing? I had done babysitting for Karen quite a few times, but I had never really needed to use the pram before so I wasn’t very familiar with how it worked. A shadow fell over me and the pram was taken out of my hands.

“Hey, what-” I looked up to Kris’ face. He swiftly folded the pram and put it in the boot of my car. How did he do it so fast? “Why do you know how to close that?” I asked. How many babies do you have? For a moment, all sorts of fan comments about Kris impregnating them with his eyes flashed across my mind.

“It’s not rocket science.” He said and moved to the other side of the car. Gah, how can you make me want to kiss you one moment and then punch you the next?!?! I sighed and moved to my door with Yerin’s car-seat.

“Hyung, can I sit at the front?” Chanyeol asked. Kris shot him a sour look. “On second thought, never mind…” He trailed off and looked around awkwardly. Is he always like that with Channie? I wonder what he did to annoy Kris…but then again, you don’t really need to do anything, he’s not called ‘angry bird’ for nothing… I opened my door and pushed up the seat. I put Yerin’s car seat in the back as Chanyeol crawled in from the other side next to her.

“Channie, can you put the seat belt around her car-seat, please?” I said, backing out of the car. He pulled the seat belt and put it over the top of Yerin. “No, no, not from there. Take it from underneath. There’s handles that you put the belt through.” I had to show him, but he finally got it and Yerin was strapped in securely. Lu Han got in next to Chanyeol and Kris pushed the seat down and got in as I did the same on the other side.

Once the other two vans were ready, we set off, with me driving at the front and the other two vans following. I was trying to prevent myself from having a heart attack while Chanyeol and Lu Han were cooing at Yerin in the back. Even Kris would turn around from time to time to smile at her. He was doing it again when she suddenly started crying.

“Hyung, you scared her.” Chanyeol told him. I tried to supress my laughter. I saw Kris turn to glare at me from the corner of my eye.

“You want to die, Yeol?” Kris snapped at him. Now it was Lu Han’s turn to laugh.

“Calm down guys, I think she’s hungry.” I told them. “Yerin-ah, do you want your milk?” I asked her. I saw her nodding in the rear-view mirror. “Channie, her bottle is in the bag in front of the seat. Can you give it to her?”

“Sure.” He gave Yerin her bottle as Kris turned back around and leaned back in his seat with a sigh. What’s wrong with him?

“What’s wrong?” I asked him in English.

“Nothing.” He looked out of the window. Sure…  He turned to me again. “Don’t you find it weird driving on the right side?” He asked me. Lu Han and Chanyeol were talking about what they would eat tonight behind us.

“Uh…no? Why would I?” I laughed.

“I dunno’, it’s weird.”

“Ah, you guy’s drive on the left side of the car in Korea and Canada, right?” I asked.

“Yeah. I was panicking when I drove your car back to your apartment last week.” He told me. My eyes widened at his revelation.

“Oh, that’s nice to know – I was sitting in my car while someone who was in danger of crashing us was driving.” I said sarcastically. Kris chuckled. I turned around to look at him, but quickly averted my eyes again. It’s dangerous to look at him while I’m driving. Next thing I know, I’ll be driving into a wall. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I could see Kris watching me again. He’s staring… “What?”

“Nothing.” He said again, although I could hear a smile in his voice this time. “Don’t you have any music in here?” He asked. I reached down into the compartment and pulled out my iPod, which was already connected to my car, and handed it to him. “Thanks.” He looked through it and then stopped and looked up at me. “Roll like a buffalo?” He asked. My eyes widened.

Oh, crap! I had a playlist on my iPod named ‘roll like a buffalo’ which held all of my EXO songs. I was a fan of the epic line and had tribute the playlist to it – I hadn’t thought of it before handing the iPod to Kris. Gah, the embarrassment. I sighed. “Yeah, ok, go ahead and mock me. I don’t care.” Kris started laughing. No smirking, no chuckling, but actual genuine laughing. My eyes widened in shock and I turned to look at him. He had his eyes closed and was holding his stomach while he chortled. Ahh…heaven to my ears.

“Mei-mei, I’m pretty sure you should be watching the road and not Duizhang.” Lu Han said from the back. I snapped my head forwards immediately. Busted. “And what did she do that made you laugh like that, Kris?” Lu Han asked his leader. Kris shook his head as he calmed himself down. He turned around and showed Lu Han and Chanyeol the screen of my iPod. I sighed again. “Ahhh, you’re famous line.” Lu Han laughed. “You like it Sirrah?” He asked me.

“No…” I mumbled. It was obviously a lie.

“Right, that’s why you would name a playlist as that…there’s even a heart after it!” Kris grinned. I smiled despite myself. It was embarrassing but I got to see Kris laughing because of it.

“Whatever.” I said. He chuckled and picked out one of their songs from their new album. Lu Han started singing along in the back. I’m in a car with the guys who sang this song. Some blessed luck I have?  Once it finished, he put on ‘Ma Boy’ by Sistar19. I didn’t realised I had been singing along until I heard Chanyeol’s voice next to my ear.

“You have a pretty voice.” He whispered. His breath tickled my ear and I turned around to look at him. His face was just a few inches away from mine and he was giving me a dazzling smile. I felt my face getting hot, so I turned back around.

“Uhm, thanks Channie.” I said with a nervous laugh. That caught Kris’ attention who found Chanyeol leaning towards me. He narrowed his eyes at us.

“What did he say?” He asked me.

“Nothing.” I mumbled.

“I told her she has a nice voice.” Chanyeol said. Kris sighed and turned his face around as I heard Lu Han chuckling from behind. What exactly is going on between them?

Soon enough, we got to our destination. We parked and everyone spilled out of the vehicles. I put Yerin’s car-seat into her pram again. I was glad she was asleep right now – I wouldn’t have to entertain her.

I took them to the entrance of the theme park. “Here we are. Welcome to Thorpe Park.”

“Wah, I’m so excited!” Baekhyun squealed like a little kid. I turned and laughed at him.

“Oppa, you’re really that happy?” I asked him. He nodded and grinned at me. Kai and Sehun were buzzing next to him. I could tell the rest were excited too but they were being more reserved about it. We bought the tickets and entered the park, walking through the main lobby area.

“Whoa, look at that!” D.O yelled. He was pointing to the tiny beach near the entrance of the park, with glittery walls which sparkled in the sun. 

The rest hung over the railings oooh-ing and aah-ing along with D.O. I laughed as I pushed the pram past them with the unnies walking next to me.

“They’re like kids.” I said to them.

“I think they’re just excited to be out. They haven’t really had much time off in the last year.” Harang unnie said. I nodded. They guys eventually followed us and they stood and looked at me.

“Ok, well, the park closes at 8pm, so you guys have six hours to get all the rides.” I told them. It was a fairly warm day today, at the sun was shining brightly. “Want to get the water rides first?” I asked.

“That would be best, since it’s warm right now.” Suho said. We made our way to the ride called Tidal Wave. We stood outside the entrance and watched the boat come down the track. As it reached the bottom and collided with the water, a huge wave of water engulfed the people inside the boat and anyone standing close enough to get drenched by the splash.

“Wow!~ Let’s go!” Sehun yelled, clutching Lu Han’s hand and running towards the queue lines as the rest followed after them. Since I had Yerin with me, I decided not to go. Chanyeol, who was walking with Kris and Baekhyun, turned to look at me.

“You’re not coming Sirrah?” He asked. I pointed down to the sleeping baby in the pram. He frowned and came over to me. “You go, I’ll stay with Yerin.” He never stops surprising me with his care. I smiled at him affectionately.

“Don’t be silly, Channie. You guys came here to have fun. I’ve been here plenty of times and can come whenever I like as well, so go enjoy yourself.” I smiled at him. His face, however, didn’t lighten up. “Channie-ah, go~.” I pushed him towards Kris and Baekhyun. He stumbled in their direction unwillingly.

“Why don’t you go with them and I’ll stay with the baby?” I turned around to see Nara unnie standing there. She was eating an ice-cream. She already got one? I laughed as she away happily.

“But don’t you want to go, unnie?” I asked her.

“I have no wish to get wet, so no. You go ahead…” She mumbled around her ice-cream, waving me towards the boys, who were still waiting. I thanked her and joined them.

“Yay!” Chanyeol yelled and wrapped his arms around me. A few people turned towards us at the sudden noise. Chanyeol wasn’t exactly what one would describe as quiet.

“Channie, people are watching.” I laughed, trying – unsuccessfully – to wriggle out of his arms. He rubbed his head against my hair and then put me down. He’s such a skinship monster… I looked at Kris, who was busy glaring at Chanyeol. He was fine with him just a second ago…

“Come on, you guys, the rest are waiting.” Baekhyun called out from in front of us, which broke the moment and we joined the rest of EXO and the staff in the queue.

"You like water rides, don't you, Kris hyung?" Sehun asked him, standing with Tao.

"I don't know...they're ok?" He didn't look much amused. He looked cute standing there with his soft, blonde hair flopping over his eyes, but his expression didn't match. What a sour pickle...

A short wait later, we were going up the ramp in our boat. I was sitting at the front between Kris and Chanyeol. I was excited, since I hadn’t been here for a long time. I never got scared on rides, no matter how high, fast or scary. In fact, at times I was just downright bored. Chanyeol was grinning like mad next to me, while Kris on the other side looked bored. I poked him and he turned his head towards me.

“You should smile and laugh more. You look good when you do.” His eyes widened at my words. Didn’t expect me to say anything nice? I smiled and looked forwards – we were about to go down. “Hold on!” I yelled as the boat dropped downwards. There was yelling all around me as the boat plummeted towards the water and a few seconds later, we were completely drenched under the wave. I squealed as the water hit me, soaking my clothes completely. I didn’t normally like getting wet, but since it was quite warm, I didn’t mind. We all got off the ride laughing and cheering.

“That was so fun!” Kai hollered. We walked out onto the bridge in front of the slide. Being at the front, Kris, Chanyeol and I were completely soaked, whereas the people sitting behind weren't as wet.

“Guys, you’ll probably get wet again if you stand there!” I pointed to the splash zone.  Instead of moving away, they all went and stood in the spot in had pointed out. I laughed and moved towards the exit. Kris, who was standing in front, turned to face me.

“You–” He stopped short. His eyes seemed to haze over as they drifted downwards. What happened?

“What?” I asked still looking at his face.

“I…uh…” His eyes were still glued to below my face. I followed his gaze and looked down. Warmth crept its way into my cheeks as I realised what he was looking at. My plain white shirt was wet and completely see-through. It was clinging to every inch of my skin and my black bra was visible through the thin fabric. Oh my… I looked up at Kris’ face again. He’s literally ogling me… I put my arms across my chest to cover myself up a bit. That seemed to snap Kris out of his daze. His skin turned a light shade of pink as he looked around awkwardly, knowing he had been caught looking at my exposed state. “I…I’m sorry!” He blurted, turning away from me. I smiled despite the embarrassment.

“It’s ok…” I told him.

“Wah! It’s coming down!” Chanyeol yelled. The next boat came crashing down into the water, but instead of the water going into the splash zone where it was supposed to, it went to the side, drenching me again. I instinctively put my hands up to cover my face and gasped as the cold water hit me.

“Awww, no fair! Noona you said we would get wet if we stood-” Kai trailed off. Now the rest of EXO had their eyes glued to me. I cursed under my breath and put my arms across me again. It was a bad idea coming on this water ride. I should have thought of this before.

“Have some manners, guys!” Kris snapped and the boys all averted their eyes. He moved towards me, taking his grey hoody off and handing it to me. It was wet, but I took it and thanked him. I appreciated Kris’ thoughtfulness, although it was funny that he snapped at the boys like that after had gotten a good look himself. I giggled as I turned around and put his hoody on. It smelled like him – it was the same intoxicating scent that was imprinted in my mind from the club. I took in a deep breath before wrapping it around me and turning around again. I’m being creepy now – but he smells so good. I gave Kris a small, grateful smile as we moved towards the exit. He smiled back but didn’t meet my eyes. Is he shy? His ears were still pink.

When we made it back to Nara unnie, I saw that Yerin was awake already. She was crying, and Nara unnie had her in her arms, trying to console her. She looked more than distressed since Yerin wouldn’t stop crying. I ran past the boys to the baby. Nara handed her to me as soon as I reached them. I cradled Yerin against me and rubbed her back.

“Shhhh, Yerin-ah, why are you crying? It’s ok…” I patted her back, trying to calm her down. It didn’t take long since she was with someone she recognised now.

“Let’s go on that next!” Baekhyun yelled, pointing towards the spinning ride called Vortex. We moved towards it. I started pushing Yerin’s pram with one hand while I carried her in my other arm.  A few seconds later, the pram was taken away from me. I looked to the side to see Chanyeol grinning down at me. I smiled at him. He is honestly just…so loveable.

“Thanks, Channie.” I smiled.

“You’re welcome, pretty woman!” He said and gave me a toothy grin. Yerin rested her head against my shoulder, since she was still groggy from just waking up. “Annyeong, Yerin-ah!” He waved at her. She waved back at him, waving her tiny hand around in front of my face. Chanyeol looked like the happiest guy in the world.

He’s so cute! Whoever he chooses as his girlfriend or wife will be one lucky girl!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TA-DA! So sorry to keep you guys waiting, i've just had a really weird couple of days after my exam...ive been sleeping so much o_O and i've also had a few connectivity issues with my laptop, but after a long wait, here you are!

I will try to update later on today if i can manage it.

Thank you to everyone who has commented and subscribed! Cant believe im at 40 chapters already O_O  but fret not, the story is far from over and there are many more chapters to come yet ^^

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!