I Have Something I Want to Tell You

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ENJOY


 

 

Standing at the headlights just outside the garage, I quickly text Zara to take the rest of the boys back to my apartment since I would take a while with Kris. She would be able to get inside since she knew where the emergency key was hidden. There was a little secret compartment in the wall where the plaster was sticking up.

My phone buzzed as soon as I put it down with a text alert but the traffic lights turned green so I couldn’t check it. I knew it was Zara and I knew that the message would be something along the lines of ‘get it on with Kris’. I smiled to myself at the thought.

“What are you smiling about?” I jumped at the sudden noise since it had been so silent in the car.

“Oh, nothing at all.” I dodged the question.

He didn’t pursue it any further, thankfully. “So where are you taking me?” He asked instead.

“You’ll see.” I smiled.

“That seems to be your phrase of the day, huh?” He chuckled. Is it? Well I have said it quite a few times…

“I guess so. I just don’t want to ruin the surprises.” I looked over at him quickly and smiled.

“Yeah, I was definitely surprised. I really wasn’t expecting something like this.” He waved around at the car. I didn’t know what to say so I just smiled again. I decided to ask him about Xiu Min’s birthday to fill the silence that was about to envelop us again.

“Kris, do you guys have anything planned out for Xiu Min oppa’s birthday?” I asked.

He looked towards me. “You know about that?”

“No? That’s why I’m asking.” So they do have something planned…

“I mean to say, you know that it’s his birthday.” He clarified.

“Oh~, yeah of course I know. I am a crazy fan girl after all.” I grinned at him.

“Right, yeah, how could I forget?” He chuckled. “But no, we don’t have anything planned yet. To be honest, I think all we’ll really be able to do is buy him a cake and have D.O cook him a banquet, with the time we have.”

“Well, would you mind if I planned something for him then?” I had already planned most of it. If he says no now, I might have to murder him.

“Why would I mind?” He asked. I’ll take that as a no?

“Well no, I was just asking because you’re his leader and all so...” I trailed of and he started chuckling.

“No, of course I wouldn’t mind. He’s my friend, like my brother, so obviously I would want him to have a nice birthday…but you don’t have to do anything. Being the type of person he is, he’ll be more than happy spending his time with his friends on his birthday rather than something fancy…as long as he gets food.” He laughed at the last comment and I my own lips pulled up into a grin. “In fact, most years he doesn’t even remember it’s his birthday!”

What kind of person doesn’t remember their own birthday? I shrugged. “But you wouldn’t mind if I did do something?” I asked just to confirm.

“No, I wouldn’t. As long as you don’t go overboard.” He warned. Ah…too late for that now.

“Great, you’ll get picked up tomorrow at 7pm then.” I informed him. He turned to look at me with his eyebrows raised.

“Eh?” Not the most elaborate sentence to come out of his mouth.

“Tomorrow. 7pm.” I repeated.

“So you’ve already planned something?” He asked.

“Yeah, I have.” I grinned at him.

“So why were you asking for my permission then?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Oh just…you know, out of courtesy, or whatever?” I shrugged and turned my face back to the road as I drove down the slip road and merged into the fast traffic of the M25 motorway.

“And what if I had said no? Would you have cancelled everything?” I could see him smirking at me from the corner of my eye. Pshh…yeah right.

“No, of course not. I would have carried on, and dragged  you there even if I had to tie you up to do that.” I laughed and he scoffed at my reply. I turned to look at him. He was wearing an amused expression, as if to say 'Oh, is that so?'.

“Don’t worry, you will like it…I think. It’s for the rest of EXO as much as it is for Xiu Min oppa…and also the rest of the staff, of course. I want it to be a night you guys will remember for a long, long time.” I smiled. I could see him looking at me from the corner of my eye but I couldn’t see his expression since I was trying to concentrate on the road.

“What?” I asked, feeling nervous whenever he stared at me.

“Thanks,” He said simply. Oh.

“You’re welcome.” I replied with a smile.

More than welcome.

KRIS’ POV

We were on the highway with towns and scenery passing by us in a blur. It was all unfamiliar to me anyway. I wonder where she’s taking me. I had decided that today I would make sure to tell her my feelings. I just had to…before I lost my chance.

Sirrah the radio while we drove since we didn’t really have much to talk about. Well I had plenty to talk about but I wanted to wait for the right moment.  She was singing along and her soft voice was tinkling above the music. Chanyeol was right; she does have a nice voice. I had a fleeting thought of her making a good idol but I dismissed it since she clearly wanted to be a doctor.

Her phone rang so she picked up her phone and answered the call. I turned down the volume of the radio so she could hear properly, although I looked at her with a frown. I didn’t like her, or anyone I cared about, answering the phone while driving. One of my friends back in Vancouver had gotten himself into an accident like that, although he didn’t get hurt too bad.

“What do you mean they’re saying no?...Well what are you getting paid for then?...That’s your job so fix it and stop bothering me with these petty things.” Her voice was quiet but there was a stern tone to it. I had never heard her sound so authoritative before. “Ok, good. Oh and Mr Parker? I don’t want any more problems. Do what you have to to make sure everything runs smoothly.” She turned off the phone and then turned towards me with a small smile. “Sorry about that.”

I waved the apology away. “It’s ok. But who was that?” She sounded like an angry boss.

“Oh, just someone I’ve got preparing the things for tomorrow.”

She’s got people working for her? I was about to ask her when she suddenly slammed on the brakes and we lurked forwards as the car lost speed. She mumbled something under her breath and then turned to me.

“You ok?” She asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Good. I was about to run over a cat there.” She frowned. My thoughts reverted back to her using the phone while driving after that close call.

“You know, you should really stop using the phone while driving. It’s dangerous.” I hoped she would take me seriously and actually listen.

“I know, I know. I’m just in a habit.” She smiled sheepishly.

“Well not to sound like a nagging mother, but you can use a headset if you really have to or you’ve got this cool mobile communication thing with ‘integrated seatbelt microphones’.” I tapped the front panel. “You could get yourself into a horrible accident like that.” I looked at her seriously.

She turned to me with a warm smile. “I’ve survived this long without anything ever happening.” I opened my mouth to speak but she held her hand up and stopped me. “But…I’ll keep that in mind from now on.” She stuck her tongue out at me, knowing that I was about to grill her about her reply.

I smiled. “Good.” She already looked so fragile – so easy to hurt. I hated the fact that she was voluntarily putting herself in danger. I shuddered just thinking about her getting hurt, let alone what would happen to her if she crashed the car. Talking of her putting herself in danger… My thoughts drifted down a lighter subject and I smiled as I turned towards Sirrah. “You survived this long, but I’m surprised you survived last night.”

“Huh?” She glanced at me in confusion.

“Well…you seem to stop breathing whenever I come near you and last night…” I trailed off, knowing she would understand what I was saying. I smiled as I waited for the realisation to hit her. Her eyebrows furrowed for a second, then they smoothed out and her eyes widened.

“Uhm…” Her cheeks flared in a cute shade of pink.

I chuckled and lifted my arm to trail the back of my fingers down her pink cheek. “So adorable…” Her eyes widened to the size of footballs…almost…which made me chuckle more.

“K-Kris…stop, unless you want me to crash the car.” She mumbled. I burst out laughing at how straight forward she was about the effect I was having on her. She bit her lip but I could see the corner of pulling up, as if she was trying to stop herself from laughing. I wonder what she will react like when I tell her…

I looked out of the window to see us turning into a quiet lane with greenery on both sides. The sky was starting to get dark fast now since it was almost 5.30pm. There were big houses with expensive cars parked in their driveways on each side. It was the kind of place the car I was currently sitting in belonged. I wonder why she’s bringing me here. As we travelled further down the lane, the houses disappeared and gave way to huge plains of grass with trees fringing the outer edges.  A little further and the lane turned into a twisty driveway with lights lining along it.

They were giving off a soft light, which gave the whole place a magical feeling.

“This is beautiful.” I whispered, half in awe.  Sirrah looked towards me and smiled. After driving through the lights we stopped in front of a set of big gates. They were made of a heavy, black metal, and very hard to penetrate. There were stone walls reaching probably 7ft high, on both sides of the gates, stretching for as far as I could see and disappearing into the trees. Sirrah reached out and pressed a button on the front panel and the gates started to slowly move apart with a loud whirring noise.

“Wow, that’s loud.” I remarked.

“Yeah it is. It’s annoying but for safety, so we would know when they are opened.” She explained. Safety? Safety for what? And why does she have access to this place?

Once there was enough space, she moved the car forwards and through the gates. Immediately a man in a black uniform came running over to the car, and Sirrah lowered her window so she could talk to him. He didn’t look very old…maybe mid to late thirties.

“Ma’am!” Ma’am? I raised an eyebrow although Sirrah didn’t see it. “It’s been a while.”

She smiled at him. “It has, hasn’t it? How are you doing?”

“Very well thank you. Will you be staying for long?” He asked.

“No, just a short visit. I’ll be leaving today, in a little while.” She replied. He nodded and then waved her forwards, so she carried on down the lane, with a thicket of trees on both sides. As we rounded a corner, what I assumed to be our destination came into a view. Oh wow…

It wasn’t the most magnificent mansion I had seen, but the design of it, and the way the yellow lighting was illuminating it in the almost dark was creating a great picture.

“Is this a hotel or something?” I asked as she parked in the driveway. Although it wouldn’t make sense since there were no other cars in the driveway. She smirked at me and without saying a word, opened the door and got out. She waved at me through the windshield to get out, so I did. I followed her as she walked up to the entrance. The doors were elegant but clearly made out of heavy duty steel. She moved to the side to the keypad, and pressed in the password. 1211. Why wouldn’t she cover that from me?

“Where is this?” I asked again, as the door opened and Sirrah stepped inside. I followed her in to see another door. This one was made out of rich mahogany wood, finely crafted designs embedded into its surface. My curiosity was already flying high, and the fact that Sirrah wasn’t saying anything only added to it. I leaned forward and looked over her shoulder. Why did this place have two doors?

“You’ll understand now.” She smiled at me. I was still just as confused though. However, as Sirrah pulled on the strap around her neck, a slow realisation started to dawn on me. She pulled out the key of her shirt and turned to the door. She pushed it into a small keyhole and twisted it, and as the lock snapped open, she pushed the door open and stepped into the mansion. It was dark inside but she took a few steps inside where she was still illuminated by the waning light from outside and turned to me. “Come on.” She waved me inside.

As I stepped inside, Sirrah closed the door behind me, dropping us into complete darkness. I heard her heels clicking on the floor as she moved around, and then there was light. I squinted at the sudden brightness, and when my eyes adjusted, I looked up at the huge crystal chandelier that was the source of the light. And by huge…I mean huge. It must have been at least 5ft tall.The light from it was making the glass twinkle in all sorts of colours. But it fitted well with the high-rise ceiling of the room.

My eyes drifted downwards, to see a grand staircase covered in a lush, red and gold carpet, leading onto a second floor and furniture, all covered in white sheets.

I turned to Sirrah.

“Your grandparent’s house?” Would she really bring me here?

She nodded. “You asked me to take you somewhere special, and this is the most special place to me. No one has been in here except me since my grandma died.” She explained. “Well, now you have too.” She smiled at me shyly. I was at a loss for words. She was sharing something so important to her with me. I felt a little tingling in my chest as I looked at her. Should I tell her now? No…wait a little longer.

“So, are you not going to show me around?” I asked her, changing my train of thought.

“Of course I am.” She grinned. She turned around to the room we were currently in. “Well, this obviously you can tell is the reception room. I’m not going to take the covers off of the furniture because it’s too much hassle.” I nodded in acknowledgment. “Come.”

She led the way to a door on the left side of the room and we went through it into a smaller room, although it was equally as lavish as the first room. “This was my grandparent’s lounging room.” She walked over to a white shape in the corner of the room and pulled the cloth off of it. She coughed a little as she waved the dust bunnies away. “And my grandma’s armchair.” She looked at the chair with a tender expression and my own expression softened as I watched her. She must have loved her so much. She covered the chair again and turned to me with a smile. “Come on, I’ll show you the rest of the house.” To my surprise, she took my hand and dragged me out of the room.

She kept a firm hold on my hand as she showed me around the rest of the house, which gave the fact that she was sharing this place with me even more meaning. She showed me the bottom floor first and every room was as extravagant as the last. There was a little gym, a playroom which looked like it hadn’t been touched in a long time, a dining room with a table big enough to seat at least twenty people, a huge, modern kitchen, another living room for guests and even a small party room. It was actually very beautiful. It was expensive, but it wasn’t the tacky, flashy kind of expensive so many rich people liked to show off these days.

“Like it so far?” She asked, as she led me up the grand staircase in the reception room.

“It’s…amazing, for a lack of better words.” I chuckled. I kept thinking about how wealthy her family must be to afford a place like this – that too so close to one of the most expensive cities in the world, but it would have been rude to ask. We were already paying an insane amount for the two six-bedroom apartments we were renting, but to actually own a place like this…the price must have been mind-boggling.

We reached the landing and immediately our feet sank into the thick carpet. I smiled as she led me to the right and stopped in front of a white door. She twisted the handle and swung the door open. “My parent’s room, for the odd times they would be here.” It was a beautiful room, finished in golden. It gave off a royal kind of feeling. I was surprised the furniture up here wasn’t covered. “Their walk in closet is on the side there although it’s now empty. This room hasn’t been opened at all for 4 years.”

“It looks like a monarch’s room.” I commented.

She gave me a sheepish smile. “Yeah…my parents were always into that kind of…” She waved at the obvious flamboyance in front of us. I chuckled as she smiled and led the way out of the room. She shut the door and moved to the next one. She opened it up to reveal another golden room, but this one had a more antique feel to it, and the deep red was striking yet elegant against the gold. “My grandparent’s room.”

She didn’t go in, but just showed me from the door. She closed the door and we moved further down the corridor. She opened the third door. “My brother’s room. More ‘simple’ compared to the others as you can see.” She grinned at me, making apostrophes in the air with her fingers when she said simple.

We moved further down the corridor.

“Now…for the last room on the tour! Guess whose it is.” She asked with a cheeky smile, walking backwards.

“Hmmm…let me think…perhaps the security guard outside?” I smiled knowing full well it was her room.

“Not quite.” She chuckled as she stopped in front of her door. She pushed it open and stepped inside. I followed her in and then stopped dead in my tracks.

Everything was pink.

It looked like a princess’ room!

“Seriously? I didn’t take you for this kind of girl considering the apartment you live in.” I questioned. She giggled in the most adorable way ever.

“No, I moved out of the pink phase a long time ago, but my grandpa put a lot of effort into setting my room up. He did it all himself, and I was in love with it. So even after I got older, I kept it this way. My brother’s room was pretty childish before as well, but then he got it renovated after he hit 16.” She explained.

“Right, explains the tiny bed.” I pointed towards the small piece of furniture against the far wall.

She walked over to it, and after taking her heels off, stretched herself out on it. She fit perfectly…What the hell. “It helps that I didn’t grow much…” She sighed and then chuckled. She to her side and placed a hand on her hip. My eyes trailed over the swell of her hips and her curvy figure. She wiggled her eyebrows at me. “I can't say the same about you though.”

I can't believe I’ve already ‘slept’ with this woman, I’ve kissed her, I’ve seen her undressed, I’ve seen her in my clothes! And yet…we aren’t even a couple… I shook my head at the thought. “What are you thinking about?” She asked me. I smirked and moved towards her. Her smile vanished and her eyes widened. “W-what-” She yelped as I pushed my hands under her and rolled her over. She rolled to the other side of the bed, against the wall. I lay down next to her, although I had to bend my legs to fit.

Sirrah turned around in my direction, but her face was covered by her hair, which had gotten messed up when she rolled over. I reached my hand out to her face and brushed the stray hair away. Her cheeks fired up again and her breathing started speeding up. It’s like she has a panic attack every time I come near her. I smiled as my eyes travelled lower. Her chest was rising and falling rapidly with her breaths. Images of her in a shirtless state flashed across my eyes again. I could still see the outlines of the red, lacy thing under her white tank top.

Get your mind out of the gutter, Kris.

Out of the gutter!

I moved my eyes back to her face.

“Have I ever told you, you look cute when you’re blushing?” I asked her, knowing that I had.

Her cheeks turned a darker shade of pink and she averted her eyes. Gah, she’s so hard to resist.

I moved forwards, slowly decreasing the space between our bodies. I could feel the warmth radiating out from her small figure, and her rapid breaths were washing over my face. They smelled of raspberries. My heartbeat sped up, and my eyes fluttered to a close as I moved forward to close the distance between our lips, my senses tingling in anticipation. I was so close that I could actually feel the warmth from her lips, when suddenly it disappeared. What’s going on? Is she teasing me?

A millisecond later, I felt pressure on my chest, and then I was falling.

My eyes shot open at the sensation of a quick free-fall and then my back slammed into the floor. I sat up quickly and looked at Sirrah with wide eyes. Her own expression was matching mine, and she was shaking her head, as if to clear her mind.

“Did you just push me off the bed?” I asked her incredulously.

“Uhm…” She scrambled off of the bed, carefully avoiding my legs. “D-don’t you want to see the rest of the house?!” She asked me in a rush as she grabbed her heels in her hands and ran out of the room.

Where does she get these random bursts of strength from?!

“Sirrah, wait!” I called after her.

I sprang to my feet and gave chase. She was halfway down the staircase when I exited the room. I ran forwards, my long legs giving me an advantage over her, and pursued her down the stairs. She had almost reached the bottom when I grabbed her arm and put a stop to her escape. She squeaked as I pulled her back, spinning her around in the process, and she collided with my chest. Her cheeks were still a lovely shade of pink, and she looked up at me with huge eyes.

“Why are you running away from me?” I smiled cheekily at her.

“I-I’m n-not! Why would I run?” She was stuttering which was a sign of her nervousness. I carried on smiling down at her, thanking the gods for making her bump into me all those days ago. “W-why are you looking at me like that?”

I’m not rushing things, am I? No…it’s been long enough. Now’s the right time, when it’s just the two of us. I have to do this before it’s too late.

“Sirrah…” I pulled her tighter against my body. I can do this.

“I have something I want to tell you.”


*GASP!!* What is Kris going to tell Sirrah?!?! Is he perhaps going to....CONFESS?! O_O *dies* lol...

So sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long. I have a problem where i say 'ok this is when something will happen'...always, ALWAYS, other things happen to stop me from doing that.

I've been typing out this chapter for....let me think...the past week now. Yeah...ridiculous isnt it? But i was first of all dragged into london by my parents to my uncles house, where i spent 3 days, and then when i got home, i had my house invaded by cousins for three days straight. Now i finally found some peace to write in...although i must say i had quite an amusing time while i was finishing this chapter, listening to my dad sleep talk. The epic evil, HURHURHUR laugh was the best...¬.¬

Ok i'll stop rambling now...look forward to the next chapter!!

Thanks again to all my readers!!! ^^ <3