Worries

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ENJOY 


 

 

“Ch-Chanyeol…?” Hyung choked my name out. I supressed a chuckle, while ignoring the glares I was getting from Lu Han hyung who was sprawled out on the floor in front of me after failing to reach me in time. Looks like I must have interrupted at a good time. Suddenly Hyung screamed on the other end of the line. “Sirrah!”

My heart shot up into my throat as I heard a thud on the other end of the line and Hyung’s voice came sounding distressed and distanced. “Sirrah, what’s wrong?!”

“Hyung, what happened?!” I yelled into the phone in a panic, as the rest of EXO and Zara noona crowded around me with worried expressions. “Hyung, what happened to Sirrah?!” I shouted into the phone again. What could have gone wrong?! What happened to her?!

“Look, Chanyeol, we’ll be back in a bit, ok? I’m hanging up.” And without another word, the line disconnected. Lu Han hyung who was crouched in front of my legs looked up at me with wide eyes, while I narrowed mine at him.

“Still think it was a bad idea for me to call?” I growled at him. He simply shook his head, concern tainting his babyish features.

“What do you think happened?” Suho hyung asked no one in particular.

“We don’t even know where they are.” Tao’s bottom lip quivered as he spoke. Kai patted his back from beside him.

“Don’t worry guys. Let’s think positively, maybe Sirrah just tripped or something.” Lay said with a serious expression. I looked towards Zara noona, who hadn’t said anything all this while. She had quietly been watching all of us boys while we tried to placate ourselves that everything was fine. The room went silent after that, since everyone was lost in their own thoughts, trying to console themselves and keep a positive mind-set.

I leaned my head back onto the sofa and looked up at the plain ceiling. My heart was beating fast in my chest. Please let her be ok, God. Keep her safe. I sent my silent prayer up. I didn’t know what had happened to her and I wished hopelessly that I could be by her side right now so that I knew that she was safe. But then as I thought about the fact that Kris hyung was with her, I started to calm down slowly. Kris hyung is with her. He won’t let anything happen to her.

That, I was sure of.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I had thought long and hard about what I was going to do from now on, and my feelings about Sirrah. I knew I liked her, but it was merely affection from watching her. I hadn’t spoken to her enough to get to know her really well. Therefore my feelings for her hadn’t gotten too out of hand yet, but if I carried on spending time with her, I knew they would. I had spent all night and day thinking about my next course of action – whether I wanted to fight for her attention, or let her go and stay as friends.

She was friendly and sweet to all of EXO, but I had seen the way she looked at Kris hyung. It was different from the way she looked at the rest of us. There was a spark in her eyes whenever she spoke to him; always a smile on her face. It was clear which way her feelings leaned. And it was the same for Kris hyung; the way every tiny thing she did had an effect on him, the way his eyes were only on her all day and when she wasn’t there, he was always distracted. He was constantly spacing out at our photo-shoots or recordings, and we would have to shake him awake from his daydreams.

I had seen him with other girls before, but they were merely amusement for him. He never went out with them, he never touched them…except for ‘The ’ but that was a separate story. But with Sirrah, he was different. At times it almost felt as if I was looking at another person when he was around her. He was more attentive, more caring, almost sweeter than he was with his own mother, which he was anyway, but it wasn’t apparent even between the twelve of us. He had a very subtle way of showing his love, but with Sirrah it was all bubbling out. And very visibly.

I had been getting suspicious over the past few days that there was something going on between the two of them, especially since we had gone camping. Something had been different between them since that day. I had noticed the little secret smiles and looks they had been sharing, the blush that crept into their cheeks whenever they were speaking to each other. And my suspicions had been confirmed last night when I had overheard them talking.

I hadn’t meant to eavesdrop on them; I hadn’t meant to listen into what they were talking about. But the soft voices had pulled me out of my sleep and I had tip-toed out of my room to check where they were coming from. When I reached the mouth of my corridor, I was shocked to see Sirrah sitting in our living room, in Hyung’s sweater.

And then I saw him pull her against him, and something clenched in my heart. I was jealous, I realised. I had wished it was me in Kris hyung’s place at that moment, holding Sirrah and being her comfort. But as I watched Sirrah cling to him like her life raft, I realised that maybe that place did actually belong to Kris hyung. I had listened as he had confessed his feelings to her but she had been asleep. Kris hyung wasn’t a man of many words normally, so the fact that he had made an effort to actually make a little speech and tell Sirrah how he truly felt was impressive. It had made me think about the whole situation.

I had finally reached to the conclusion that Kris hyung was not one to jump into decisions rashly. He must have made his confession after much deliberation and consideration, and therefore he must have been fully sure of his emotions. It was so unlike him, and the fact that he was being tender with her had convinced me that he was sincere in his feelings for her. It made it almost easier for me to step back and let him claim Sirrah as his own. Almost.

But I was willing to do it anyway, for both their sakes and happiness. I had promised myself that I would be there for Sirrah when she needed me, but as a friend…nothing more. I just hoped to God that Hyung was the true one for her, and would keep her happy and safe. That’s the only thing I asked of him, but I knew I didn’t have to ask. I was sure he would do that anyway. And I hoped that’s what he was doing right now.

Keep her safe, Hyung…always.

ZARA’S POV

I was really quite taken aback. I was gobsmacked. I knew these boys cared about her, but I hadn’t expected it to be to this extent. They were sitting quietly, with serious, concerned faces wondering what could have gone wrong. I had panicked a bit at first, but Sirrah was a fighter, and Kris was with her, so I was pretty chilled about the whole situation. I wish I could say the same for the rest of EXO though. Most of them were sitting with their phones in their hands, in hopes that their Hyung would call them and update them with some news.

But I really hadn’t expected this kind of reaction from EXO. Even the cheeky, playful members like Lay, Xiu Min oppa, and Chanyeol were sitting with stern faces, frowns creasing their faces, and their eyebrows furrowed in worry. I checked the time… it had been about twenty minutes since Chanyeol had called Kris oppa. I just hoped everything was OK, and that they would come home quickly so that these boys would liven up again. There serious faces were scaring me, as was the fact that they had become so attached to Sirrah in such a short period of time, and the same went for Sirrah. She was already as much, if not more, attached to these boys. It made a scary question run through my mind.

What’s going to happen to them when they have to separate?

 


Hopefully, after this, you guys won't hate on Chanyeol anymore...that's why i wrote this chapter lol. He's actually a real sweetheart, and you guys have to love him too because he is going to play a real big part later on in the story!

Well this is a little filler chapter that i wrote in celebration for reaching 125 subbies again after losing some when AFF went down. I am actually quite surprised with the amount of view my story has even though there arn't that many subbies compared to other stories. *happy author* ^^

That's it for today! Hope you guys enjoyed it, and tell me what you think of Chanyeol now LOL...baibai! <3