You're Beautiful

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ENJOY! <3


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PTDv_szmL0&hd=1


 

 

I was putting Yerin back in her pram, when I saw Kris stumble around the corner. What is Kris doing here? He was looking at something behind him. His shoulder slumped down and he turned towards me. His hands were shaking and his eyes were wide… Is it just me or does he look scared? He slowly made his way over to me.

“What happened?” I asked, once he was close enough to hear me. “Did you forget something?” I looked down at the pram to check for any belongings that he may have left on it.

“No, I uh…” I turned back to look at him as he scratched his eyebrow. Why is he going red? I waited for him to continue. “I’m not going on the rides.” He sighed. The realisation dawned on me. I bit back the giggle that was threatening to bubble through my lips. He was scared of the rides…and he’s turning red now because he’s embarrassed about telling me.

“You’re scared of the rides, right?” I smiled at him. His eyes widened at my question.

“What? No, no, I’m not sca-”

“Don’t worry, it’s ok. I won’t make fun of you.” I laughed and turned around to the pram.

I won’t make fun of you, because it’s actually kinda’ cute. The butterflies started in my tummy again as I started to push the pram.

And now you can stay with me…

KRIS’ POV

I sighed and followed after her. My ears were burning. Great, now she thinks I’m some kind of wuss who’s too scared of going on rides. Curse you, Lu Han…I blame you for this. Oh well, at least I won’t have to tell her the real reason I’m here now. I didn’t know why it was so hard to spit out, but I just couldn’t bring myself to tell her. That’s why up until now, all I had been doing was dropping tiny hints, hoping she would maybe figure it out for herself. And then I would act cold again because I knew that it was probably a bad idea for this to go ahead. Pathetic…I know. I should just man up and tell her… She should have a choice too right?

I watched her walking in front of me, her long hair swaying behind her. Her shirt was dry now, but she was still wearing my hoody. I felt a warm feeling spreading through me. Why do you have this effect on me, Sirrah? I had girls throwing themselves at me all the time. Even celebrities… I had even dated a few, but I had never really liked any of them. At least not to the extent of the feelings I had for Sirrah now…and I knew they were only going to get deeper. The crazy thing is, I’ve known her for barely over a week, and I still know nothing about her…How can I even feel this way?  I didn’t know the answer to that but I knew I liked feeling that way.

I grinned and caught up to her, falling into step beside her. She looked up at me in confusion.

“Why are you smiling like that?” She asked.

“No reason.” I gazed into her warm, brown eyes – the thing I loved about her the most. She fidgeted and looked away. You’re the reason I’m smiling like that.

Yerin was sitting up in her pram and squealing in delight as she looked around. I smiled. She’s so cute. She looked up at me and giggled with her finger in . Scratch that…she’s the cutest thing I have ever seen. My gaze drifted to Sirrah who was laughing watching Yerin. Well, after her, of course. My thoughts drifted to a dream I had had a few days ago. Sirrah and I had been walking side by side like this, but we had been holding hands and Sirrah had been carrying a baby. The baby had had the same eyes as Sirrah but lips shaped like mine…that is how I could tell it was ours. Is this what my dream was telling me about? I couldn’t help but hope this wasn’t all there was to the dream. I was broken out of my musing by Sirrah’s voice.

“Oh, Yerin-ah, do you want to go on that?” Sirrah asked her, pointing to a merry-go-round. Yerin looked at the ride and clapped her hands together while grinning. “I’ll take that as a yes.” Sirrah laughed, taking her out of the pram. She started walking towards the ride, but stopped when she noticed I wasn’t next to her. She turned to face me. “You’re not coming?” She asked.

I eyed the ride and then shook my head. I had no plans on making a fool out of myself. She frowned and came towards me. She looked at me for a second and then reached out and grabbed my hand. My eyes widened in surprise. She smiled up at me and turned around, tugging me along with her towards the ride. My skin was tingling where it was connected to hers, and sending electric shocks all across my body. It was as if her small, soft hand was made to fit inside mine. She looked back at me and smiled, which resulted in my breathing speeding up as well. She mistook it though.

“Don’t worry, this isn’t scary!” She smiled at me reassuringly. She doesn’t even have a clue of what she’s doing to me right now. I squeezed my eyes shut and blinked them rapidly to clear my mind that was quickly hazing over. Calm down, Kevin…

We were standing in the short queue, but Sirrah was still holding my hand. It was taking a lot of effort out of me to keep my breathing in control. I didn’t usually have as strong a reaction to contact with her as this, but that was because I was normally the one who initiated it, so I was more prepared. I looked down to our entwined hands. “Uh…you can let go of my hand now, you know.” Because I honestly cannot think straight. Her lips moved down into a small frown. She misunderstood. I was about to explain but she suddenly smiled.

“I could, but I’m convinced you’re going to run away if I do. Look at you…you're bright red and hyperventilating.” She laughed. That’s the conclusion she comes to? How can she be so clueless?!

Thankfully, our turn came quickly after that. I let out a shaky breath in relief when Sirrah finally let go of my hand, although after she did, my hand felt cold and I had a small feeling of regret. I brushed it away and watched Sirrah getting into one of the carriages and placing Yerin beside her. She then turned around to me and waved me over. I walked over to them and looked around. There were plenty of couples with their babies on this ride. I guess I won’t look out of place at all. A small smile crawled onto my face as I sat down next to Yerin and locked the chain in place. I stole a glance at Sirrah but she was already watching me, her eyes sparkling. Is she perhaps thinking the same thing as me?

The moment was broken by the voice of the ride attendant telling us to keep a firm hold on our kids, and a few seconds later, we started moving.

SIRRAH’S POV

Yerin was more than happy as the ride spun us around at a slow pace. She was laughing and squealing, entranced by all the colourful shapes around that caught her eyes. Kris laughed along with her, pointing out more things for her to see.

“Look, Yerin-ah, it’s a doggy! Woof woof!” Yerin laughed at his actions while I smiled at him with affection and admiration. He’s good with kids. He looked up and locked eyes with me. I started blushing, but found myself unable to look away from his bewitching eyes. I could just sit and stare at his perfect face forever… I wish this ride never ends.

But all good things have to come to an end, and sooner than I hoped for, the ride slowed down and then altogether came to a stop. Kris and I were still staring at each other, until a rattling sound near us snapped us out of our moment. We both looked to our side to see the ride attendant unclipping the chain and motioning for us to get out. Kris smiled at her, and I saw her do a double take as if she had just really seen him. Her face turned red and she kept her eyes glued to him. I giggled. Another victim.

Kris, however, paid her no more attention. He leaned down to Yerin and held his arms out. “Come on, Yerin-ah.” He smiled at her. Yerin looked at him, and then at me, as if asking me if it was ok. I nodded to her, encouraging her. She smiled and raised her arms, giving Kris permission to pick her up. He grinned and lifted her out of the carriage. I stood up and stepped out of the carriage from the other side. Which ride should I take Yerin on ne- My foot got caught on the chain. I gasped as I fell forwards, and raised my arms to cover my face. This is gonna’ hurt!

A strong arm wrapped itself around my waist, and I stopped moving. I uncovered my face and looked up. Kris was looking down at me with worry. He saved me…When I straightened up, he exhaled in relief. “I thought you were going to get hurt there.” He breathed.

I laughed shakily. “I would have if it weren’t for you.” I looked at him with grateful eyes. “Thanks.”

“No need to thank me, just be careful.” He smiled at me softly, which sped up my heart rate. My mind drifted to the kiss that we had shared just this morning.

“Ma’am, sir, could you come off of the ride please?”

Gah, get a hold of yourself, Sirrah… I cleared my throat and moved towards the exit as I heard Kris chuckling behind me. I grabbed Yerin’s pram and we moved towards another ride. Kris was walking next to me with Yerin, and she would pat his face to get his attention and then point at something to show him. Kris looked like he was fully interested and gave her all his attention. I admired the way he was holding and handling her. Yerin looked completely happy and comfortable. He’s going to make a good father one day.

She pointed to a drink stall. “You want a drink?” Kris asked her. She shook her head and pointed to an ice-cream stall. “Ice-cream?” He asked again. She nodded. He smiled and led her over to it, getting her a soft cone. I reached into my bag to get my money, but Kris stopped me. “It’s ok, I’ll pay.” He said. I smiled and let him. The woman handed Kris the cone and he thanked her, while handing the cone to Yerin.

“Uh…you might want to hold onto the cone while she eats it, or she will drop it everywhere.” I informed Kris. He nodded and took the cone out of Yerin’s hands and held it for her. Yerin had warmed up to him now and was babbling non-stop about something. He turned around to look at me.

“How do you understand what she’s saying?” He asked me with a slightly worried look on his face.

I laughed at his expression. “I don’t.” I simply stated. Kris laughed, his eyes turning into crescents.

“Really?” He asked.

“Yeah…even her parents don’t have a clue what she’s talking about half the time.” I told him. He grinned in amusement. He’s like an angel when he’s smiling… Suddenly, Yerin sneezed. I started laughing but stopped abruptly when I realised what had happened. Kris had stopped walking and his face was splattered with a mixture with ice-cream and, well…snot. Kris’ eyes were closed and his lips were pressed together in a thin line. My eyes widened.

“Yerin-ahhh~! What did you do?!” I fumbled with her baby bag, looking around for wipes as fast as I could. This is either the end of Yerin’s life or my life. I finally found the wipes and pulled a few out, wiping the majority of the ice-cream off of Yerin before getting more wipes and turning my attention to Kris. He had a poker face on again, so I couldn’t tell what he was thinking. Gah…Yerin, why on the face?? That too on an IDOL’S face?!?!

I could feel Kris’ eyes following me as I cleaned up the mess on his face as best as I could. He’s probably plotting ways of giving me a slow, painful death. “I’m so sorry!” I said, moving back to look if there was anything left. When I was sure there wasn’t, I looked into his eyes, waiting for him to explode. Except that he didn’t…his lips quirked up at the corners.

“It’s ok.” He said. It’s…ok? Did I hear that right? “Yes, it’s really ok.” He smiled, as if he had just heard what was going on in my head. He moved the ice-cream towards Yerin again, but she pushed it away. I, on the other hand, was looking at him with disbelief. “Why do you look so shocked?” He asked me.

“You…She…You’re not going to kill one of us? I mean she just sneezed on your face!” I asked him, incredulously.

“Why would I kill one of you? You’re not the one who sneezed on me, and she’s just a baby. It’s not like she knows any better.” He shrugged. I watched him with my mouth hanging open as he walked over to a bin and dumped Yerin’s ice-cream in it. I don’t know why I was finding it so unbelievable that he would let something like this slide so easily. Maybe because most guys I knew of would make a total drama out of something like this and Kris was acting completely the opposite. Kris came back and chuckled when he saw me. He put a finger under my chin and closed my mouth. He pointed a slender finger towards his face. “You missed a spot.” He grinned.

Indeed there was a blob of ice-cream there…right on the edge of his lips. I pulled out another wipe and stepped closer to him. He shuffled even closer, until our bodies were almost touching. My heartbeat involuntarily sped up as I reached up to his face. His eyes were on my face the whole time, a small smile playing on his lips. I brushed the wipe across his the top of his mouth and gulped as I did. My eyes were glued to his lips. The lips that had been kissing me this morning… Kris straightened up and I pulled my eyes away from his mouth. He smiled down at me. “Thanks.”

I smiled up at him shyly. “You’re welcome.” And we were at it again…staring at each other.

“Oh, my! What a gorgeous baby you have!” We both turned our heads to see an old couple come up to us. “Hope you don’t mind.” The lady said as she cooed at Yerin. “Hello, beautiful.” She pinched Yerin’s cheek. Yerin giggled shyly. “You are a blessed couple to have such a beautiful baby! It definitely seems to be in the genes.” She gushed. I opened my mouth to explain to them that they had misunderstood but Kris interjected.

“Thank you.” He said simply and then shot a sly smile my way. My eyes widened. What is he saying? The woman moved back and took her husband’s hand again. She smiled widely at us.

“Absolutely gorgeous. I hope you have many beautiful babies!” She exclaimed.

“Working on it…” I heard Kris mumble quietly. What did he just say?!?  I didn’t think I was meant to hear that. I was probably ten shades of red when I turned to the couple, but the woman walked off with her husband before I could explain anything. Wow… Kris had a small smile on his face when I turned around to him. He didn’t seem to be suffering from the embarrassment that I was. Well think on the bright side, Sirrah…at least you got mistaken to be having babies with Kris instead of Quasimodo… Yes, thank you for that, conscience. I felt my lips tugging up into a smile.

“So, honey, who do you think she looks more like, her mummy,” I pointed to myself, “Or her daddy?” I pointed to Kris. His eyes widened for a split second and then he smirked.

“Like her daddy, of course, since she’s so cute.” He said, walking forwards.

Sirrah – 3 : Kris – 2

Good one, Duizhang. I scoffed and pushed the pram behind them. Kris turned around and smiled at me. “I lied…she’s pretty like her mommy.” He grinned. Awww so swee- “But, you’re not really her mom, of course.” He smirked. I take that back…he’s totally evil. I pouted and pushed the pram in the opposite direction. So now we are on equal points…you’re so mean, Kris…

I felt warm breath on my neck. I stopped dead when I heard Kris’ soft voice whispering in my ear.

“Her mom may be pretty, but you’re beautiful.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lot's of SIRRIS interaction in this chapter! They're totally cute, right? ^^

 

Ok so a couple of things: 

1. As, Vanaja mentioned in a comment, Yerin reminds her of that baby in the link she posted, well yes...That is the baby i based this Yerin off of because she is a total cutey (she even got a YT award!)... Im sure plenty of you have seen the youtube video of Park Yerin...if you haven't...you are totally missing out!! 

Here's a link to the video that made this little angel famous ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTCQpjUrCe8

2. I know i make the reason why Kris thinks telling Sirrah his feelings is bad really vague...but if you guys havent already guessed the reason, all will be made clear in due time! 

3. I'm sorry if i am leading all of you to a slow death with a snail-speed progression between SIRRIS...but i must remind you guys, that this story is taking place in a short period of time, with several chapters spanning the time of just one day, so i cant make things go too fast between them or it would seem unnatural... I'm sorry if i bore you guys, i still try to make the story as interesting as possible...just bear with me, and i promise to make this story worth your time!

Anyway...i hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^ especially Kris' pov...because it makes his feelings a bit more clearer.

PLEASE COMMENT! I really love hearing what you guys think, and it really does encourage me to write more and better! Adios for now, see you guys at the next update!! :) <3