I'm Cupid, Stupid

Meeting By Coincidence

 

KRIS' POV

Is he mad? I didn’t even realise my mouth was hanging open until Lu Han pointed it out to me. Sirrah looked at me and then back at Lu Han.

“You’re kidding, right, oppa?” She asked him, her eyes big and round.

“Aniya. The boys already decided who they wanted to share with, so that only left you two, so obviously you have to share.” He smiled at her. This guy has a death wish.

“So why don’t you swap with one of us.” I suggested.

“No! I’m sharing with Lu Han oppa and Tao, so you have to share with Sirrah, Kris oppa.” Zara skipped up to Lu Han and linked her arm with his. He smiled down at her playfully. They’re not having an affair are they? No…she has a boyfriend. What if she’s cheating on him with Lu Han?!  Oh well none of my concern. Maybe I should bring Tao into our tent before they corrupt his innocent mind…

I turned to look at Sirrah…On second thought…Tao will manage. I smirked and opened the bag to pull out the tent. Sirrah turned towards me with pink cheeks. “Y-you…you’re f-fine with it?” She was stuttering in nervousness.

“It’s not like we have a choice.” I said, waving at the pairings around us. I saw her gulp. While I tried to fix the tent up, she slowly walked over to Tao.

“Panda, can you swap tents with me?” She was speaking quietly, but I could hear her anyway. I turned my face towards them. Tao looked around nervously.

“Jie-jie…I’m tired and ge-ge always talks in his sleep. I won’t get any rest, sorry…” He said. …I forgot…I’m going to have to wait till she goes to sleep before I do so she doesn’t hear me. Sirrah sighed and walked towards Baekhyun instead, grabbing a hold of his jacket and tugging on it to get his attention. Baekhyun looked down ready to swat away whatever pest was clinging to him, but he relaxed when he saw it was Sirrah.

“Oppa, swap tents with me please…” She demanded.

“Chingu-yah, Jun Myeon hyung wants to play Hwatu…” He told her as Suho crawled out of their completed tent.

“Hwa-wha? I’ll play with him!” She made puppy eyes at him.

“Yah, you can't even say the name properly, how are you going to play?” He asked her. She pouted and quickly glanced my way. I pretended not to be paying attention but I was a little offended by her attempts to get away from me.

“Sirrah, I don’t have germs. You’re not going to die if you share a tent with me.” I told her. The expression on her face told me she thought otherwise. I sighed again and turned my attention back to setting up the tent. A minute later I saw small fingers wrapping around the fabric on the floor. Sirrah looked up at me and gave me a shy smile. I kept my face straight, but I was laughing on the inside. I knew you would come to me…who wouldn’t? I’m so full of myself…

She wrapped the fabric around the metal rod I was holding and together we started putting the tent together. Sirrah bent down to push one of the bolts into the floor when suddenly she yelped. I looked up to see her jumping up and pulling something that looked like an arrow off her . What the hell? I moved forward to see when something hit my face from the side.

“Aghh… What the–” I pulled it off and held it up. It was an arrow with a sticky pad on one end and a red, heart-shaped fletching on the other side. Sirrah was holding an identical one and looking at it with confusion.

“You are the chosen ones!” We both turned around to see Lu Han standing outside his tent with a ridiculous hooded white robe on, which had a huge red heart painted onto the middle. He was holding a heart shaped bow in his hand and grinning at us like a madman.

“Lu Han oppa?” Sirrah asked, raising an eyebrow.

He shot her a wink. “No…I’m cupid, stupid!”

 He said it in English but with a funny Chinese accent. Sirrah giggled at his randomness while I scowled at him. Can this guy make it any more obvious?!! I threw the arrow back in his direction as he pranced off towards the tree where all the bedding was. Sirrah, luckily, seemed like she hadn’t caught the true intentions behind Lu Han’s scheming tactics and waved the arrow around like a wand. I smiled at how she was so fascinated by it.

The rest of the tent was mostly set up by me since Sirrah was too busy running around the other boys like a little fairy with her new wand. She certainly looked like one in her pretty white dress. When I was done with the tent I moved towards the tree to get our bedding but found Sirrah already dragging a big bag towards us. She seemed to be struggling with it. I moved forwards and took it out of her hands, slinging it easily over my shoulder.

“You could have just asked for help.” I told her. She blushed and looked down.

“Sorry, it’s just I didn’t help with the tent, so I thought I would bring this here.” She smiled at me apologetically. I laughed and ruffled her hair. She stopped short and stood there stunned, her eyes widening. My laughter stopped at the same time. What did I just do? She looked up at me.

“Uhh…there was something in your hair.” I said and strode away quickly, so she wouldn’t see my ears turning red. Damn it, I need to stop myself from getting too close to her. I could understand Chanyeol’s problem of not being able to keep his hands off her.  I threw the bedding into the tent and crawled in to set it up. Sirrah tried to crawl in to help but I nudged her out, saying I didn’t need help. The true reason was I didn’t want to be in such a close proximity to her while we were both wide awake. God knows what would happen.  When I crawled back out of the tent I found Chanyeol, Lu Han and Sirrah in the middle of the circle of tents piling planks of wood and twigs on top of each other, while Tao was on the floor with a matchbox trying to set fire to the wood. He wasn’t doing a very good job of it.

“Have you guys even put something on the wood?” I asked.

“Like what?” Tao asked.

“Uh…white spirit or you know…something that will catch fire?” I said. I wasn’t an expert on campfires but I knew wood wouldn’t catch fire just like that, especially using matches.

“Tao, you didn’t put it on?” Lu Han asked him. The panda shook his head.  Lu Han sighed. “It’s there by the tree.”

Tao went off to the tree and came back with a bottle of white spirit. He tried opening it, but bless the kid, he couldn’t open it with the safety lock. Has he really never opened a bottle like this before? I chuckled and took it out of his hands.

“It’s done like this, didi. You see the instructions on the lid? Squeeze and then twist.” I showed him as I unscrewed the lid.

“Ooohh, let me try, gege.” He took it out of my hands and put the lid back on. He then proceeded to open it but failed again.

“Squeeze and twist, didi.” I told him again. He tried once again and managed to open it. I patted his back in congratulation. “Don’t get it on your fingers or clothes.” I warned him as he sprinkled it over the wood.  “Tao! Not that much!” I pulled the bottle away from him. He had emptied almost half of it over the wood.

“Is it too much?” He asked, confused.

“Yes…too much. Now all of you move away from the wood.” I took the matchbox from Tao as the rest shuffled away. I lit a match and moved back as I flung it into the campfire. The wood immediately erupted into flames. Sirrah screamed and backed into Chanyeol, who laughed and gave her a comforting hug. Pfff…

SIRRAH’S POV

The campfire was soon burning brightly and it radiated warmth around us. It was nice since it was starting to get cold now. Chanyeol moved in front of it and swung his arms around.

“Channie…what are you doing?” I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

“It’s my power! I’m controlling the fire…” He grinned at me. I clobbered him with my wand. He’s so silly. But I laughed nonetheless. He was childish but cute. It was dark by now so we put rugs around the fire and sat down.

“So, who’s hungry?” Xiu Min said pulling a huge bag of food over to the campfire. Everyone cheered. I noticed a few guys missing, but they were probably still setting up their tents.

“Tao, go find the others.” Zara told the boy and he got up and skittered towards Lay and Kai’s tent.

Why does she look like she’s up to something?

FLASHBACK

“Yah, Baekhyun, you know we saw that costume shop on the way here?” Lu Han asked him while they stood in front of the supermarket.

“Yeah, I remember.” He replied.

“Well, I want you to go buy that cupid costume that was in the window.” Lu Han told him.

“What for?”

“Don’t ask questions, kid, just go do it. Yi Xing, go with him.” He handed Baekhyun a few notes and sent them towards the dress up shop. Kai fell into step beside Lay and Baekhyun as they made their way to the shop. They went inside and looked around. They didn’t have to look around for long before they found the cupid outfit Lu Han had been talking about. While Baekhyun found a size that would fit Lu Han, something caught Lay’s eye.

He went over to it. It was fake blood. There were all sorts of scary masks and wigs next to it – for England’s Halloween celebration he was guessing. He suddenly got an idea.

“Kai…” He called out to the younger boy.

“Yeah, hyung?” He said, coming over.

“We are going camping…should we scare Tao with these?” He grinned at him, hoping he would be up for the plan. A cheeky smile spread across Kai’s face and he nodded furiously.

“Hey guys, I found it, let’s go.” Baekhyun came towards them. “What’s all that?” He asked, pointing towards all the stuff in Kai and Lay’s arms.

“We…are going to play a prank.” Kai told him.

“On who?” He asked.

“Huang Zi Tao.” Lay replied. Baekhyun asked no more questions. He grinned as they took the things up to the counter. The cashier quickly scanned all the barcodes and put the items in a plastic bag. He said something to them in English then, which none of them understood. Baekhyun looked at the other two awkwardly then handed all the money Lu Han had given them over to the cashier. His eyes bugged out as he saw the notes. Were these kids mad? Either that or they were foreigners. So much money…

Just as the cashier extended his hands towards the money, the door opened and a young, Asian lady with turquoise hair walked in.

“Hey guys, what are you doing in here?” Zara asked the boys.

“Lu Han hyung sent us here to buy something.” Kai told her.

“Oh…” Her eyes turned towards the counter and widened. She moved forward and grabbed the money before the cashier could. “Were you really going to rip them off? How could you just take their money?!” She yelled at the cashier in English, while the boys looked at her in confusion.

“Uh…Ma’am, they just put it down, I wasn’t going to–” The cashier tried to explain but Zara cut him off again.

“Save it. I know plenty like you…how much is it?” She asked.

“Thirty seven pounds.” He told her, looking embarrassed. She pulled two twenty pound notes from the wad and handed it to the cashier. He gave her the change and receipt. Zara turned and handed the money and bag to the boys.

“You guys need to be more careful with the money, ok?” She told them. They nodded, still confused. “And what on earth did you guys buy that it cost you that much?” Baekhyun looked down at the receipt – £37.00. It wasn’t that much, was it? They boys explained to Zara what they planned to do later.

“Noona, when we tell you later, you have to send Tao to us, ok?” Baekhyun asked her.

She raised an eyebrow at him, but complied. “Sure…”

LAY’S POV

I heard Zara tell Tao to come and find us, and quickly crawled into the pitch black tent while Kai and Baekhyun went and hid behind the tent. This was a good location because Kai and my tent was not in the circle, but rather a little behind, near the trees, so it was a lot darker as well. We were all wearing long, black wigs and scary masks with blood dripping down them. It was more than enough to scare the living daylight out of Tao – that kid didn’t have a very strong heart.

I heard shuffling, and I presumed that it would be Tao as he made his way over to our tent. I got the torch ready. It would be no fun if he couldn’t see our get up. The zip of the tent was slowly undone and I heard Tao calling out softly. He already sounded scared, bless the boy.

“Yi Xing ge?” His silhouette was blocking off the light coming from outside so he couldn’t see anything inside the tent – or so I hoped. He poked the front half of his body into the tent. That was my cue. I wrapped my hand around his arm and yanked him into the tent. He yelped as he lost his balance and fell onto his back. I turned the torch on and shined it onto my masked face while making the meanest, scariest sounds I could muster. Tao pulled in a deep breath and let out a scream in full volume – it hurt my ears. The fake blood dripped off of my mask and onto his face as he closed his eyes and carried on screaming.

I moved my face closer to his and hissed. He managed to muster up the courage to actually touch me and pushed me away from him as hard as he could. I fell over to the side as he rolled around and scrambled towards the exit, trying to get out of the tent. Unfortunately he was blocked off by another monster – also known as Kai. He snarled in Tao’s face as I grabbed his leg and pulled him back into the tent. He screamed and yelled as he was dragged back and Kai crawled in after him. I was surprised no one had come to save him yet. I wondered what they were doing.

Tao struggled to push us away from him, and by this point, he was no longer screaming. All we could hear were incomprehensible whimpers. I started to feel bad for him so I backed away. Tao used that as an opportunity to crawl out of the tent only to be confronted by Baekhyun, but he was already out of the tent. He swerved away from Baekhyun as he hissed at him and ran as fast as he could back towards the circle of tents.

Kai and Baekhyun fell onto the floor laughing. I couldn’t quite join in though. I had seen the look on Tao’s face. He had been petrified beyond belief. I knew I was going to get into a lot of trouble for this…and soon.

True to my belief, a few minutes later I heard Duizhang roaring, “That’s it…who did this?”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Evil boys tormenting the baby panda =( seems like Luhan's not the only evil one LOL.... I'll try get another update in before tomorrow, but can't guarentee anything since i have an exam at 9am on wednesday... T_T

so you guys might have to wait a little longer to find out what happens with Kris and Sirrah in the tent =P muhahaha >8)

anyway...hope you guys enjoy this, and ---> comments are always loved, as usual ^^ 

thanks to everyone who's been reading, subbing and commenting so far

<3 HAPPY READING!