Baby Kangaroos in Trees

Meeting By Coincidence

 

I looked around the club, but she was nowhere to be found. Then a terrible thought hit me. Someone hadn’t taken her away had they? Please don’t be in trouble, Sirrah. I made another round of the club, but still nothing. I was beginning to panic. I looked towards the entrance, and saw a man being led out by the hand. I couldn’t see the girl, but I recognised Kai’s green jacket. Where is this guy going? I followed after him and went outside the club. I noticed him standing underneath a tree with the girl that had presumably led him out. I relaxed immediately.

“Look…there’s a cat in the tree.” Sirrah was saying to Kai. She was holding his hand and was pointing up to the tree with her other one.

“That looks like a kangaroo to me.” Kai replied, squinting his eyes.

“No!! It’s a cat~” Sirrah moaned. “You have to get it down or it’s going to die!” She looked at Kai with wide eyes. She didn’t wait for him to make a move though, instead moved closer to the trunk and held her arms up, making grabbing motions with her hands. “Come here pussycat! I’ll catch you. Jump down! Come on...Why won’t you come down? Hey!!! Come on kitty! I’ll save you! Can’t you hear me?! Don't ignore me, Mister! It's rude!” She carried on yelling up at the tree while Kai just stood there and watched. I cleared my throat loudly. They both turned around to look at me.

Kai looked at me with glistening eyes. “Kris hyung…there’s a baby kangaroo stuck in the tree…it’s dying!” He wiped a tear away from his eye. Oh for God’s sake. Sirrah came running towards me. She didn't look very stable on her feet.

“What?” I asked her, as she took my hand and led me to the tree. She placed my arms around her waist and then wrapped hers around my neck.

“Let’s go.” She ordered.

“Go where?” What on earth is she talking about?

“You can fly, can’t you?! You said so in your interview! Now let’s save the kittycat!” She demanded. I raised an eyebrow.

“Sirrah…I can’t really fly.” I told her calmly.

“Stop talking and fly!” She yelled.

“Sirrah!” I shook her gently, “I. CAN. NOT. FLY.”

She looked up at me with betrayed eyes. “What?! So you lied?!! How could you?!?! Now that kitty is gonna’ die BECAUSE OF YOU!!!” She pummelled my stomach with her little fists. I rolled my eyes. Yup, she is definitely drunk… I grabbed her wrists and moved her back gently.

“Sirrah, calm down. There’s no cat up there.” I looked up to check. Nope, no cat…just a bird.

“There is!!! Can’t you see?!” She pried my hands off her wrists and turned to Kai. She glued herself to him and dramatically wailed into his chest. Kai looked down at her with a worried expression. “You can still teleport, can’t you Kai?”

“Of course I can, noona! I keep my powers all the time!” He said, puffing up his chest.

“Ok, let’s save the cat then!” She commanded. Kai nodded and snapped his fingers.

“Are we in the tree?” He looked around. I sighed.

“No…we’re not.” Sirrah complained.

“Damn it!” Kai snapped them again. When he realised he was still standing in the same spot, he started clicking furiously with both hands. Sirrah was glaring daggers at him. Finally, Kai stopped and looked down at Sirrah. “Noona…I think my power is broken…” He said with a frown. Sirrah slapped his chest.

“You’re just as useless as that angry bird!” She yelled, while stabbing a finger in my direction.

“Angry bird?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes…actually no! You’re just an angry useless bird that can’t fly! So you’re not really a bird! You’re a rat with a beak!”

Kai stepped away from her, and walked away in a daze, while whispering, “My power’s gone.”

Sirrah on the other hand, sat down on the sidewalk and started crying. “That cat’s going to die…AND IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT!” She looked up and yelled at me. I couldn’t help but laugh. “Are you laughing at me?!? You don’t want to make me angry, I’m warning you, cowboy! I’m like a raging tiger!!” She made claws with her fingers. Yeah, you seem quite angry right now too, and you’re more like a raging tiger cub…with no claws or teeth. I heard a thump and looked around to see Kai jumping up onto a bench.

“Noona! My power is fixed!!” He yelled. He calls jumping up on a bench, teleporting? I looked back at Sirrah, whose eyes rounded.

“How did you get there?!” She stood up and wobbled towards him.

“It’s because I’m the best!” That didn’t even make sense, Kai…He stood there on the bench as if he’d just conquered new land. Sirrah pulled him off and wrapped her arms around him, bouncing up and down.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute~.” She moved back then and planted a kiss on his cheek. Kai looked a little flustered and turned red. She was moving to his other cheek when I pulled her back.

“Right, that’s enough, woman.” I said and dragged her away from Kai. She was still reaching her arms towards him and cooing at him. I put her down a good distance away from Kai and looked down at her sternly. “Sirrah, I’m going to go get the others so stay here, ok? Don’t move.” She just grinned up at me. “Are you listening to me?” I asked her, patting her cheek to get her attention.

Abruptly, she stood up and wrapped her arms around my neck. She pulled my head down and kissed my cheek, but it was a bit too close to my mouth. “You know, you’re really cute too! Don’t be jealous of Kai!” She chirped and snuggled against me. I could feel my ears heating up. I detached her from me and moved her back again, clearing my throat which suddenly seemed to have something lodged in it.

“Sirrah?” I continued once I had her attention. “Stay here, ok? I’ll be back in a few minutes.” She nodded like a little kid. Why does she have to be so cute? I can’t even get mad at her… “Kai, come here and make sure she doesn’t run away. And no touching!” I moved away from them, and looked back. As soon as Kai got near her, Sirrah glued herself to him again, cuddling against him. I sighed. She’s such a handful. I walked back into the club hoping she wouldn’t molest the kid while I was gone.

I grabbed hold of a few of the guys and moved towards the other group. “Hey, Kris!” Zara yelled and wrapped her arms around me. “Have I ever told you how hot you are?!”

“Uh…yes…yes, you have.” I lied and extracted myself from her grip.

“Well, I’ll tell you again! You are so hot!” She beamed at me. I rolled my eyes.

“Look, Zara, we have to go find Sirrah. Will you help me?” Her eyes widened and she nodded, grabbing onto my arm.

I felt someone jump on my back and I almost fell flat onto my face. “Gege!” Tao.

“Get off of me, didi, you’re not light!” I grunted and shoved him off. I collected eight of the guys, plus Zara, but I couldn’t find the other three, and Kai was already outside. Where could they be? Please don’t let them have left with someone! I decided to at least take the ones I already had outside, and then I could come back and look for the other three. We stepped out into the fresh air and I stopped in my tracks.

Sirrah had Sehun’s cap backwards on her head, and was walking in a circle singing, “The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round….” while waving her hands in the air from side to side. Chanyeol had his arms around her shoulder and was stumbling around with her. Why does he look like he is smelling her hair? Sehun and Kai were also following her around in a circle, humming to the tune of the song. Lay was doing some crazy chicken dance behind them. Sirrah came around and saw me.

“Ayo~ Wuddup, Kreeaaassss!” She yelled and made rapping hand gestures. I chuckled at her pronunciation of my name and at what she was doing. She was copying how Chanyeol had said my name at our first showcase, while he himself, made a peace sign at me from behind her. They carried on with their parade.

I turned around to the others to tell them we should go now, but they weren’t there. What the… I turned around to see half of them join Sirrah’s dance, all pretending to be various animals. Sirrah and Chanyeol were stalking around like Siamese dinosaurs; Kai had made a full transformation into a kangaroo; Lay was clucking around like a mother hen while Sehun followed him like a chick, also flapping his arms; Chen had been possessed by a violent rabbit and Xiu Min was swaying his makeshift trunk from side to side.

Chen yelped when Xiu Min got too close to him, and smacked him with his ‘trunk’. He turned around and pushed Xiu Min away from him, who in turn pushed him back. Chen landed on the floor and then tripped Xiu Min up as he went past him. They both started wrestling on the floor while the others carried on moving in a circle around them, looking like they were doing a tribal dance.

The other half jumped on the bench Kai had been on a little while ago and started messing about. Baekhyun pushed Suho off when he tried to climb onto the bench, and he landed on his on the floor. Lu Han was doing a weird, y dance in the middle – he was swaying his hips around while dragging his hands down his body and Zara was standing in front of him on the floor, completely entranced by the show. That is so inappropriate… D.O smacked Tao in the face while doing a particularly energetic solo of his air guitar. Tao jumped off the bench and came running towards me. He grabbed my shirt and sobbed while putting his head on my shoulder. “He hit me, gege! Destroy him!”

I slapped a hand over my face.

What am I going to do with these guys?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Apologies...the update was a bit late, but enjoy! <3