Confession

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ENJOY

Soundtrack! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEeps9u7OV8


 

 

My heart was hammering hard in my chest, and my hands felt clammy from the nervousness. The more I thought about what I was about to say to her, the more I worked myself up. The way Sirrah was staring at me with huge eyes wasn’t doing much to calm me down either.

“W-what do you want to tell me?” She asked me in a quiet voice. She looked so scared that I started laughing. Her expression became even more terrified and it made me laugh harder. She continued to look at me with wide eyes in silence while I calmed myself down. She probably thinks I’ve gone mad. I think I actually have…However, once I stopped laughing, I found that I actually felt better.

“Thanks.” I smiled down at her. She didn’t do it on purpose, but she calmed me down nonetheless. Her face went blank.

“Have you gone mad, Kris?” She sighed and moved my arms from around her. She stared to move away, but I wrapped my arms around her waist again and pulled her back towards me. She looked up at me with a semi-annoyed expression and she was breathing quickly. Am I making her angry?

“Sirrah, I-” I stopped. I had been about to say ‘I love you’ but I suddenly remembered what Zara had said back at the apartment. “As soon as someone says ‘I love you’, Sirrah runs the opposite way.”

“You what?” She asked.

What should I tell her now? I looked around in confusion. The last thing I wanted to do was confess to her and then scare her away. I didn’t cope with rejection well, simply because I wasn’t used to it. “Uhm…”

“Kris…let go of me,” She huffed and started to push herself away from me. I started to panic. This isn’t going how I wanted it to! She leaned away from me and grabbed onto my hands to move them away. She just managed to unclasp them, when I squeezed my eyes shut and spoke up.

“I like you!”

She stopped moving. Everything was so silent that I could hear my heartbeat pulsing loudly in my ears. I slowly opened my eyes to look at Sirrah. Her expression was like a blank canvas – completely unreadable. Oh dear…this doesn’t look good.

“What did you just say?” She whispered, her eyes slowly widening. She didn’t look very happy.

I swallowed hard. , maybe this was a bad idea after all.

“Uh…nothing, it’s nothing.” I removed my arms from around her and stepped back, feeling like an idiot. I shouldn’t have said anything…damn.

“What did you say?” She asked again.

“Really, it was nothing. Forget it.” I said, looking away from her.

She stepped forward and placed a hand around my arm to turn me around. “Did you really just say that?” She asked. I looked down at her with a miserable expression. It’s better if I keep my mouth shut now. When I didn’t answer, her expression darkened. “Kris, if this is some kind of joke, then I swear I’ll…I dunno’ what I’ll do, but it won’t be good for you.” She threatened. I almost smiled at her cute threat, almost.

“It’s not a joke.” I said quietly.

Her eyes widened to the size of saucers. “Y-you like…me?”

I merely nodded, suddenly not being able to find my voice.

“Are you serious?” She whispered. Why, is it really that hard to believe?

“Of course I’m serious!” I turned my face away from her as I carried on. “Look, I don’t know how it happened, or when, but I really, really like you - everything about you. You’re so special and…different from other girls I’ve met. I felt an attraction to you from the moment you came to our apartment for the first time, and my feelings have been growing since then. But…if you don’t feel the same way, then it’s ok. I’ll understand…” Somehow… I couldn’t believe I was having this conversation. She hadn’t rejected me yet, but I had a bad feeling about this.

I felt her soft hands on my arm as she turned me around again. “Do you mean that?”

I figured since I’d already said so much, I may as well go the whole way and ask her the question now. “I mean every word of it, Sirrah, I really do…” I paused. Here goes nothing. “This is really cliché but…will you be my girlfriend?” I was mentally crossing my fingers, and sending prayers up, hoping she wouldn’t slap my proposal back in my face.

Sirrah was gaping at me with wide eyes. Oh god…what is she thinking? I was beginning to think that her silence meant a no. And then she slowly nodded.

I thought I was hallucinating.

“What?” I was shocked.

“Yes…” She said slowly. I cannot explain how relieved I was at hearing that one word… and then she killed it. “But…”

But? What else could there be left to say? She looked up at me with uncertain eyes.

“But what?” I asked.

“Kris… thinking practically, you guys are going to be leaving in what…a little over a week? What happens to us then? Is it worth it? We’ll both just get hurt-”

I placed a finger over her lips to silence her, my skin tingling where it was touching her. “Sirrah, it’s totally worth it. Even if I was leaving tomorrow, I would do the same.” I flinched at my own words. “I know that I don’t have much time left here, but I also know that I want to spend that little time with you. I want you with me. I know I see you basically every day anyway, but it’s not the same as being together.” I explained to her. She’d already just said yes, but it seemed as if she might change her mind at any moment. “We’ll worry about what happens when the time comes. But right now, I want to cherish these few days I can have with you.”

“But, Kris-” She’s still arguing?!

“Just shut up and be mine, will you?”

She stopped talking and looked up at me with a shocked expression. And then an incredulous smile pulled her lips up.

“Wow. That’s the nicest way any guy has ever asked me out.” She said sarcastically and then laughed. I looked at her expectantly. “Well…since you’re asking so nicely…” She trailed off with a small smile on her lips and looked down at her feet.

“So, I’ll take that as a yes?” I grinned.

She looked up at me and nodded shyly. Her cheeks were turning a bright shade of red.

REJOICE!

I took a step towards her. I still didn’t know whether she was agreeing because she felt obligated to, or because she felt the same way about me, but I was going to make sure she was in love with me by the time I was through with her. I pulled her tightly against me, and again she went into panic mode. Seriously, why does she do that? However, all other thoughts left my mind as I slowly leaned down towards the girl I love. Not just a girl anymore…my girlfriend.

As I came forward, she leaned her body away from me as she breathed in and out rapidly. What is she doing? My face was merely inches away when her eyes fluttered close, but I kept my eyes open. I wanted to see her reaction when we kissed. Our lips were just about to touch when her eyes suddenly shot open and she pushed herself away from me and my arms fell to my sides.

“Mmm…Wait!” I stood there dumbfounded. What is wrong with this woman? She fidgeted as she spoke. “I have something to give you.” She looked up at me.

“Something…to give me…?” Like a present?

She nodded. “Wait here.” And with that she dropped her heels, and ran back up the stairs towards her room. I chuckled and shook my head as I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

Every time…

Every time I try to make a move on her…something stops me.

She returned after a couple of minutes. I saw she was holding a little white box in her hand as she stopped in front of me. She gave me a shy smile before looking down again and opening the box. Inside, on a piece of red satin, sat a silver ring threaded through with a chain. She lifted it carefully out of the box and held it up. I looked at her questioningly.

“It was my grandpa’s… I…I want you to have it.” She said. I had realised how much she loved her grandparents, so this must have been of great importance to her, and for her to want to give it to me…I actually felt a little overwhelmed with emotions at that moment. I simply nodded my head in acceptance. She put down the box on the floor next to her feet and stepped closer to me. “I’ll put it on.” She reached up, holding the two ends of the chain in each hand and wrapped her arms around my neck. I leaned down to make it easier for her to clasp it into place, which put my face directly in front of hers. She gazed deeply into my eyes as she locked it in place and then stepped back.

I looked down at the ring which was now lying between my collar bones. It felt heavy, but it was probably just my mind playing tricks knowing its importance. She smiled and ran a hand over it, her fingers brushing across my skin in the process, and I shivered at her touch. “It was my grandpa’s wedding ring. They got them put onto chains on their first anniversary and wore them ever since until... My brother has my grandma’s. She told him to give it to the girl he find’s true love in.”

She smiled up at me and my eyes widened at her words.

My mind was racing in a thousand different directions.

Did she just indirectly tell me she loves me?

 


OHH MAAHH GAAAHHH!!!!

tbh...i wasnt going to have kris confess to sirrah at all in the original plot...they were just going to move into an unofficial relationship, but since people were threatening to kill me.... ¬.¬ i had to alter the plot to fit this in lmfao...

there was a lot of fumbling around in that confession though! lols...i'll be covering Sirrah's side of the story in the next chapter, so look forward to it!

Many thanks to everyone for their comments!! I really do love you all ^^ <3

Ps. Anyone want to make me a new chapter poster? I'm getting a bit bored of mine, and my photoshop died so i currently can't make myself a new one T_T