Rollercoaster

Meeting By Coincidence

 

We finally reached my house after getting stuck in traffic again. It was almost 8pm when we got to my apartment. Kris parked my car and got out; pulling his seat up so the three in the back could get out as well.

“So this is where you live, noona?” Kai asked me pulling me out of the car. I nodded as I watched the other two vans join us and park.

“What floor are you on?” Chanyeol asked. I was about to answer him when something suddenly hit me - there was no lift in my building.

“NOOOO…nonononono…” I wailed.

 “What’s wrong?” Kris asked with a worried expression. I looked up at him miserably. “What?” He asked again.

“There’s no lift.” I told him.

“So?” He asked. Did he not see what the problem was?

“So? So…I’m going to have to hop up to my apartment.” I explained to him. He looked at me with an amused smile.

“We can carry you up.” He told me.

“I live on the tenth floor.” I told him. His expression darkened faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck.

“Oh.” That’s all he said. I looked at the others. They looked just as troubled.

“Eh, you know what, you guys go home and I’ll just... crawl up the stairs.” I told them and started hopping towards the entrance to my building. I know it was a stupid suggestion, and I’d probably die halfway up, but I didn’t want to make them feel obligated to help me.

“Hold on.” Lu Han said, taking a hold of my arm. “Kai, go call the others from the van.”  I looked at him confused. “This is a mission for the agents of EXO!” He told me as Kai ran off towards the van. A minute later, he returned with the eight other boys in tow.

“What’s going on?” Suho asked.

“We have to get her up to her apartment.” Chanyeol explained.

“So…why do you need all of us for that?” Chen asked.

“The thing is, she lives on the 10th floor, she’s hurt her ankle, there’s no lift and the four of us can’t carry her up all the way. Not just one problem.” Kai said. The rest of their expressions changed to match that of the four who had been in the car with me.

“Honestly guys…I’ll get up there eventually.” I mumbled quietly.

“Shhh, you.” Lu Han said and lifted me off the ground easily. Oh dear lord, not again, I thought as I fell against his firm body.

“Put me down!! I don’t have the money to compensate you idols for back injuries due to lifting heavy objects!” I yelled and squirmed around in his arms as he started up the first flight of stairs. I heard EXO laughing at my comment.

“Oh stop complaining. You don’t even weigh that much.” Lu Han said to me.

“Agreed.” Kai chimed in from behind him.  I sighed. There was no way I was going to win against these guys.  The next few minutes went past in a muddle. I felt like I was on a rollercoaster, being passed from person to person as they bounded up the stairs as fast as they could. I’d always liked playing ‘pass the parcel’ but this was just one step too far. Half the time, I didn’t even know who’s arms I was in.

“Level 9!!” Baekhyun yelled as he passed me to Kris. He collapsed down onto the floor and panted like a little puppy, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. “Go on without me guys, I can’t make it!” He exclaimed dramatically, and we burst out laughing. Kris turned around and started walking up the stairs at a leisurely pace.

“You need to go on a diet.” He told me with a serious face.

“What?!” I gaped at him, as my face heated up. He laughed at me and started running up the stairs. I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not. I was so embarrassed, as he finally put me down in front of my door and put his hands around my waist to keep me balanced as I rummaged around for my keys in my bag. I would have told him to stop touching me so I could think straight, but I didn’t trust my voice and it was all i could do to concentrate on breathing in and out. We were the only ones on this floor right now. The others had all stopped at different levels after carrying me to catch their breath. I felt the key in the bottom of my bag and was just about to pull it out when I felt hot air on my neck.

“I was only joking, Sirrah…” Kris purred in a low voice, his mouth millimetres from my ear. I froze on the spot, tingles running up and down my spine. I could feel the heat from his body behind me. Oh my… I couldn’t even finish the thought off. My mind was all over the place and I forgot how to breathe…again.

“Are you harassing her again, Kris?” Lu Han said, as he came up the stairs. He was the first one to reach us.

“When did I ever harass her?” Kris asked him, as he slowly took his hands off of my waist, with hurt in his voice. We could all tell it was fake. Lu Han laughed and looked down at me.

“You ok?” He asked. I managed a nod as I pulled my key out and fumbled around with it, trying to put it into the lock.

Kris looked over my shoulder, his face still dangerously close to mine. “You need help with that?” He asked.

“N-no! I-I’m fine!” I stuttered as I finally managed to ram the key into the lock and twisted it to open the door. I yelped as Kris pulled me back and carried me into the living room, placing me gently on the sofa. I turned my head away from his, to hide my beetroot coloured face. At that precise moment, Kai, Sehun and Tao came racing down the corridor, trying to reach my door first. They all tumbled in at the same time and fell into a heap on my carpet, laughing like maniacs. I giggled at the sight.  Slowly, the rest of EXO trickled into my apartment as well, Baekhyun making it in last and closing the door behind him.

“So this is your house… It’s nice.” Suho said, looking around. I thanked him. Half of them were sprawled out on my floor, a couple were looking around on my shelves and the rest were planted on my sofas. I felt self-conscious about them all being in my little apartment like this. They were looking at the pictures of my family. Thank God, no one asked me about them. I saw Kris looking at me. I guess he noticed that I was feeling a little awkward.

“Guys, get up. Hyung will be waiting downstairs for us.” He said, pushing himself off of the black leather sofa.

“Unnngg…too tired to move gege.” Tao said to him, who was spread eagle on my carpet.

“Get up,” Kris said again, lightly kicking his side. Tao swatted him away.

“Why don’t you guys stay here for a while and eat?” I told them. It would be rude to just let them leave like that.

“No, no. You need to rest.” Kris said.

“It’s fine by me; you guys must be hungry and tired anyway. Call the rest up from downstairs as well.” I said. Kris looked at me and I smiled at him reassuringly.

“That would be fun,” Sehun said shyly. I nodded in agreement. Kris sighed and OK’d it. Chanyeol pulled his phone out and dialled up Daesuk oppa’s number and told him to come up, telling him which number door it was. I started to get up from the sofa to go into the kitchen when Lu Han stopped me.

“Where are you going, mei-mei?” He enquired, standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

“Uhm…kitchen?” I replied, raising an eyebrow at him.

“What for?” He countered.

“To make some food, of course - what else?” I said, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Not with that ankle, you’re not.” Lu Han informed me.

“He’s right, Sirrah. You need to rest. We will cook the food.” Xiu Min said. I gaped at him.

“B-but… I can’t let you do that!” I retorted.

“Why not? Think of it this way – you took us out which enabled us all to have so much fun, so we will repay the favour now by making food.” He tried to explain with a cutesy smile.

“It wasn’t a favour though!” I exclaimed.

“Noona…just give up.” Kai said, looking up at me from the floor. I scowled at him. He reached up and ruffled my hair, smirking at me. “Hey!” I pushed his hand away and he laughed.

Lu Han and Xiu Min took D.O and went into the kitchen. I saw them checking the fridge and cupboards to see what there was to make. I sighed. This was so awkward. I saw Kris smiling wryly at me from the corner of my eye, but I refused to look at him. He’d already done enough damage to my fragile mind for one day.  Just then, there was a knock on the door.

“Looks like they finally made it up.” Baekhyun said and went to the door to open it and Daesuk oppa and the other staff members entered my apartment. I had never had so many people in my apartment at the same time, but it was lively and nice. They were breathing heavily. I felt sorry for them.

“How…on earth…do you get up here every day?” Daesuk oppa huffed.

“I got used to it. 4 minutes is my best record…” I told him. They all eyed me suspiciously.

“You timed yourself?” Kris asked.

“Of course I timed myself. You think I’m making it up?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

He smirked at me. “I never said that.”

“Someone is missing from here.” Na Ra, said. She was one of EXO’s makeup stylists.

“Oh, unnie, they’re in the kitchen trying to cook something.” I pouted at her. Just as I said that, Lu Han came into the room wearing my cooking apron around his neck - and at that moment I was so glad that I had foreigners in my room, as they wouldn’t be able to read what it said on my apron. I had bought it to support the Cancer charity and it read – ‘Yes, they are fake. The real ones tried to kill me.’ Kris turned to look at Lu Han and his eyes slightly widened as he saw the apron. Oh, crap…I forgot he’s Canadian. He moved his eyes back to me.

“What?! It was for charity!” I said. I watched his lips press into a thin line – he was trying to stop himself from laughing. I rolled my eyes at him.

“What are you laughing at, gege?” Tao asked. Kris' shoulders were slightly shaking as pointed towards the apron.

“What does it say?” Kai asked.

“Never mind, Kai… just never mind.” I said patting his head in a condescending way. He pouted at me. Lu Han finished tying the apron around his waist and looked down at me.

“Mei-mei, where’s the flour?” He asked.

“It’s… it’s in the cabinet next to the fridge.” I told him.

“I’ll come and help you guys.” Na Ra unnie said, and followed him back into the kitchen. Ha Rang unnie, who was their stylist, got up and joined them as well. I watched them clattering around in the kitchen with a frown.

“Pass me that, please.” Kris’ voice broke me out of my musing. I looked at him.

“Pass you what?” I asked. He pointed towards the TV remote. I grabbed it and held it out to him. He reached out to take it, and purposely brushed his fingers against mine as he pulled it out of my hand, a smirk on his face. I gulped and pulled my hand away quickly. He chuckled quietly to himself and I resisted the urge to throw something at his pretty head. He’s really getting a kick out of winding me up like this.

“What on earth is this?” I heard D.O say from the kitchen. “I can’t read it!” I giggled as he complained about all the labels being in English. Daesuk oppa sighed and went over into the kitchen to help them – he could speak English.

 I scooted over to the edge of my seat and started to get up. I was struggling to get off of the sofa, when Kai noticed me.

“Where are you going, noona?” He asked.

“Bathroom.” I told him. Kris started to get up from his seat to help me but I held out a hand to stop him. He looked at me questioningly.

“You guys are going to leave in a while, then I’m not going to have someone to carry me around everywhere. I’ll do it myself.” I said to him. He frowned at me but stayed put. I smiled at him and finally managed to scramble off the sofa. I heard Kai laughing at me as I hopped away to my room.

“Be quiet, Kkamjong!” I yelled back at him. That shut him up.

I came back out of my room and bounced towards the sofa again. Everyone was busy with one thing or another. I sat down on the sofa and ignored Kris who smiled at me. That made him snigger quietly to himself. There were quiet conversations going on around us. I watched the TV. Kris had some food show on - we watched that until Lu Han came in holding a huge pot in his hands.

“Make way people! This is hot.” He said as he lowered the pot onto my table.

“Wait!” I said and grabbed the magazine out of Kai’s hands and placed it on the table.

“Hey!” Kai yelled.

“Sorry, I don’t want to burn my table.” I told him and nodded at Lu Han, who put the pot down onto the magazine.  I lifted the lid and looked inside. Dumplings and soup. “Wow, that smells so good.” I said.

“Of course it smells good. Who made it, after all?” Lu Han said.

“I did,” D.O declared, coming in behind him, holding bowls in his hand.

“You only supervised, Lu Han.” Xiu Min said as he came into the room, holding spoons and glasses. Daesuk oppa and the unnies came in with more things, which they all placed onto the table.

“Hey! Who’s team are you on?” Lu Han said.

“My own.” Xiu Min said and sat down. I laughed out loud and Lu Han pouted.

                    

 

“Sit down, oppa.” I said to Lu Han and patted the sofa next to me. He sighed and sat down.

“Dig in, people. Eat well!” Xiu Min said, handing out plates.

“What did you put in the dumplings?” Lay asked.

“Whatever we could find in her fridge.” Lu Han told him, swallowing a whole dumpling in one go.

“Oppa! You’ll burn your mouth!” I scolded him.

“No I wo- Ahh!” He yelled and spat the dumpling back into his bowl. I slapped my palm over my face.

“EWWW! Hyung, that’s disgusting!” Sehun complained, pointing a finger at him.

“Sorry,” He said, with a sheepish smile on his face. The others filled their bowls and started eating.

“Oh this is so delicious!” Chen said, a satisfied smile on his face, and Chanyeol nodded in agreement. Conversation pretty much died out after that, as everyone gobbled down the food. They were all so hungry. I should have taken them to some restaurant earlier – well I would have if it weren’t for my ankle. I was full after three dumplings and a bowl full of soup. I leaned back onto the sofa and slowly rubbed my belly. I was positive I could feel the soup sloshing around in it.

“Ughh…I feel so fat…” I said quietly. I didn’t think anyone would hear.

“I told you, you need to go on a diet.” Kris said in English, his voice hushed. I glared daggers at him but he only smirked. I sighed. This guy... Most of the people in the room had finished eating but there was still some food left in the pot.

“Does anyone want this?” Sehun asked. Everyone shook their head, so he picked the pot up and drained it into his plate. I looked at him with wide eyes.

“How can you eat that much?” I asked. He shrugged as he put another dumpling into his mouth.

“I’m hungry.” He said around the dumpling. I giggled at his puffed out cheeks and he simpered at me.

After everyone was done, the boys cleared the table and took everything back into the kitchen. I heard someone turn the tap and I turned around to see what they were doing.

“Unnie! Don’t wash them, there’s a dishwasher next to you – put them in that.” I told her.

“Arasseo.” She said. Gosh, they’ve known me for such a little time and yet they are so nice. I was really grateful to all of them for their help. After they were done cleaning, they all got up – ready to leave.

“We’ll get going now, Sirrah. Thank you for taking us out today.” Daesuk oppa said to me.

“No, it was my pleasure, oppa.” I said and smiled up at him. “But, what will you guys do tomorrow? You have a disabled tour guide now.” I joked. I saw Kris frowning on the side.

“Don’t worry about that. They have photo-shoots and practise for the next few days, so you can relax and worry about your ankle.” He told me.

Baekhyun and Kai both groaned at the new revelation on their schedule, at the same time. I put a fist in front of my mouth to hide my smile.

“Well…I want to thank you all for the help you’ve given me today – and especially Kris…for breaking my ankle.” I added playfully.

He nodded his head at me. “You’re always welcome.” He said with a straight face. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Right, we will get going then, Sirrah. Take care of yourself.” Daesuk oppa said. I thanked him. Everyone said bye to me, I even got a few hugs and hair ruffles and they all left.

"See you soon, noona!" Kai yelled as he disappeared down the stairs.

Kris was the last one to go.

He turned around and looked at me from the door. “Don’t kill yourself, station girl.”

I raised an eyebrow at the ‘station girl’ but nodded. He smiled at me and closed the door behind him. Suddenly it all seemed dark and gloomy around me. It was too silent without all those other people in here with me.

I sighed and pushed myself off of the sofa and bobbed into my room. I hadn’t done much all day but for some reason I was exhausted. I peeled my clothes off and fell into bed.

Off to lala-land…zzz…. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For some reason i had a lot of fun writing this chapter...dunno why! O_O ah~ lu han is so cute!! look at his pretty little pout... T_T (we can only ever dream of looking like that...lol)

I hope you all have as much fun reading this as i did writing it. Please subscribe and let me know what you think! <3

ps....anyone thinking of taking part in the YG global auditions coming up in june?! Comment and let me know!! \o/