Zara Finds Out

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ZARA’S POV

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. What happened? Where am I? I was looking up at Sirrah’s ceiling. Slowly, I started remembering.  I had seen EXO… all of them, those unbelievably beautiful, god-like creatures… in Sirrah’s living room. I smiled. It’s OK, Zara… you were just imagining it. I turned my head to the side.

Sirrah was kneeling next to me with a worried look on her face…and something else. Guilt? I looked past her. EXO were standing behind her with a mixture of expressions. I blinked a few times. They were still there. I sat up and started hyper-ventilating. They’re not real…they’re not real…they’re not real… I closed my eyes and kept chanting that inside my head. I felt something on my arm. I opened my eyes and looked down at Sirrah’s hand.

“Zara…are you ok?” She asked, concern in her voice. I looked at her, and then moved closer to her.

“Sirrah… I know I’m just imagining it… but EXO are standing behind you.” I whispered to her. I looked up at the boys behind her cautiously.

“Uh, Zara…you’re not imagining them. They’re really here.” She said, and bit her lip. I felt my eyes go round and then it hit me, that they really were there.

“Ohhhh, my God. Oh my God.” I mumbled as I scrambled off of Sirrah’s bed and walked into the living room. This was just perfect, I thought sarcastically. Out of all the days! They come when I look like a tramp! How the hell are they even here?!?! That too with Sirrah?!?!  I heard Sirrah talking quietly to them in her room.

“SIRRAH!” I yelled. I saw the top half of her head poke out from her door. Her eyes were as big as footballs.

“You are sooooo dead, girl.” I told her.

SIRRAH’S POV

“Do you think she’s gone crazy?” D.O asked, watching Zara walk out of my room.

“It seems so.” I told him with mock-heartbreak on my face. I turned and glared at Kris then, “You should have told me you guys were coming!” I hissed quietly. He just shrugged. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“SIRRAH!!!” Zara yelled from the living room.

“Oh no…” I said and moved to the door. I poked my head out, hoping she wouldn’t see me, but she was already glaring daggers at me. I gulped.

“You are so dead, girl.” She said, elongating the ‘so’ out, to let me know the extent of how dead I was. It was quite a bit. I felt my eyes widen.

“Come here!” She pointed to in front of her. She sounded like an angry mother scolding her five-year-old. I had to admit…I definitely felt like one with the way she was looking at me. I felt movement behind me. Kai was about to step into the living room.

“Kai, NO! Stay in here…all of you.” I whispered to Kai and pushed him back into the room. He looked at me, confused. “Just stay…arasseo?” I turned and limped into my living room. Oh no, she looks so angry. Zara didn’t get angry often, but when she did, it was terrifying.

“So…you want to explain yourself? What on earth are EXO doing in your apartment?” She spat at me. I took a step away from her.

“Uh… That… Just…” I didn’t know what to tell her.

“Don’t have anything to say? How long have you been hiding this from me, Sirrah? Didn’t you think you need to tell me about it – you’re best friend?” She spat at me. I hung my head down. She was absolutely right.

“I’m sorry…” I mumbled, biting my lip.

“Sorry doesn’t cut it, Sirrah.” She said, picking up her bag from the floor and moving towards the door. I grabbed her arm and limped after her.

“No wait, Zara! Don’t go, I’ll explain everything!” I wailed. She dragged me along with her.

“Let go, Sirrah!” She said, trying to free herself of my grip. I started to tell her not to go again when a voice interrupted our little drama.

“Zara?” We both turned around to see Kris standing behind us.  I looked up at Zara. Her eyes went wide and fell open. Well I could see why…Kris looked like a -god, standing there. She just stood there, dumbfounded. “It’s not Sirrah’s fault, I told her not to tell anyone.” Kris said to her in his Canadian accent. I looked up to Zara and nodded hopefully.  “Why don’t you come sit down and we can talk about it?” He pushed.

“O-okay…sure.” Zara said, looking spaced out. I led her to the sofa and she sat down. I called the rest of EXO out from the room. They all came in and sat down on the sofas and floor. “Uh…so what’s going on?” Zara started.

“What is she asking, noona?” Sehun crawled next to me and spoke in a quiet voice. I turned to look at him with a happy smile. He called me noona, too! Ahhhh, cute!!!! Zara heard him.

“Oh, sorry. I’ll speak in Korean.” Zara said…in Korean. “How do you know Sirrah?” She asked them.

“Noona just turned up at our house one day.” Kai told her.

“How did she know where you guys were staying…?” Zara asked.

“We bumped into each other last Thursday, at the station. I dropped my phone, and I told her where we were staying so she came to give it back and after that she offered to show us around London.” Kris explained and smiled at her.

I saw Zara gulp as she looked at him. Her EXO bias was Kris, like me. I smirked on the side.

“So, you’ve already known her for almost a week…” Zara pointed out, glaring at me. I averted my eyes.

“Yes…it’s not been that long, but it already feels like we’ve known her for ages. She so cute and fun to be around and it feels comfortable with her.” Baekhyun my hair and smiled down at me. My eyes widened at the contact. What is this guy doing?!  Zara seemed to get angry after seeing that.

“Right…so while I’ve been paying extra attention in class and making sure I attend every lesson so I can make notes for you, and coming here to help you every day, you’ve actually been getting cosy with EXO and having fun? Is your ankle even hurt or is that an excuse to make time for this?” She sneered at me. She was seething with anger, but her words hurt me. How far did she think I would go? I had known EXO for a week and it was fun being with them, but what I had with her was different – it was true friendship. I had known her for over 10 years, and yet she didn’t trust me at all? I opened my mouth to speak but I was cut off.

“Actually…it’s not an excuse. She really has hurt her ankle, and it’s my fault.” Kris said. I looked at him with thankful eyes. He was defending me.

“Ok fine…but seriously, can you not trust me, Sirrah? How long have I known you, and yet you didn’t tell me this huge thing….” She turned her face away from me.

“Again…that’s my fault. I told her not to tell anyone. I didn’t want anyone to know we are here.” Kris spoke again.

“It’s true, Kris held her captive in our apartment for ages when she came to give his phone back because he thought she had told someone. She was scared out of her head.” Lu Han said, chuckling at the memory. EXO spent the next half hour convincing her that I hadn’t broken her trust and why they were here. I sat quietly next to Sehun on the floor and played with my fingers the whole time as I listened to them all speak. They were all defending me and saying nice things about me. Such sweethearts… Finally it all went quiet, and I looked up. Zara was looking down at me with apologetic eyes.

“Sirrah…I’m sorry. I guess I went a little overboard there.” She apologized.

“A little? That doesn’t even cover it. I thought you would trust me…” I said with a poker face. Everyone held their breath. “But…I’ll forgive you.” I ended with a smile. She crawled over to me and hugged me and apologized again.

“This is real cute and heart-warming but if you guys are done with your little…uh…make-up session… we brought food, which is getting cold now.” Lu Han interrupted.

“Oh! Thanks oppa! Let’s re-heat it.” I said and got off the floor. He nodded and picked up the multiple bags of food they had brought, following me into the kitchen. Zara came as well.

“Ah…mei-mei, I see you’re putting weight on your foot again.” Lu Han observed.

“Ohn, it’s getting better now,” I told him and smiled. We heated up the food and brought it back into the living room. They had brought all sorts of Chinese food. It looked delicious. As I set the food down on my table, I noticed Kai and Tao bickering over my little PSP. They were pulling it back and forth between them, trying to pull it out of the other’s hands. I walked over to them and snatched it away.

“Yah!! Are you two like 5-years old? It will break if you keep pulling it like that. If you can’t play nicely, then you shouldn’t play at all.” I said and put it away.

“Way to tell them, Sirrah.” Lay laughed.

I looked back at them. Both their eyes were wide and they looked like little boys who had just been scolded and had their lollypop taken off them. I guess it kind of was like that. My heart melted… They look so scared.

“Aish! I’ll give it to you after we’ve eaten ok? Just take turns and don’t break it.” I told them. They’re faces lit up and they nodded, moving closer to the table. I smiled at them. So childish… I looked up and met eyes with Kris. He was smiling at me with a soft expression. My breath hitched in my throat. Why so perfect…? Hold on, what?... His smile soon turned into a smirk as I continued to stare at him. I hit my forehead and looked down, my face heating up. Get a hold of yourself, Sirrah… I heard him quietly chuckle as he slid off the sofa and onto the floor, in front of the table.

I sighed and started handing the wooden chopsticks out, and then sat down. Chanyeol was sitting on one side, and Zara came to sit on my other side, next to Chen. He looked up at her and smiled.

“Eat well!” Kai called out and dug into his food, like he had been starved for a month. I laughed at him.

“Kai…you’re going to choke on your food. Eat slowly.” I told him. He nodded but carried on eating at the same speed. I shook my head and took a bite out of my own food.

“Ah….so yummy!” Chanyeol said next to me.

“Eh… it only seems that way because we haven’t eaten all day. It’s not really that good.” D.O said.

“You haven’t eaten all day? What were you guys doing?” I asked.

“Practise.” Tao said.

“So don’t you get a lunch break?” I enquired.

“We…do, but we don’t know our way around, so we can’t just walk out and find any shop to get food from. That, or we would have to cook food and take it ourselves - and we don’t have the time in the morning.” Xiu Min said. I tsk’ed.

“What about the unnie’s? Can’t they make you something?” I asked.

“They usually have other things to deal with. Since there is not much staff here with us, they have to multi-task and sort out other things.” Chen explained. I sighed. And then a little light bulb lit up in my head. I have an idea.

“What time do you guys normally leave for practise?” I questioned.

“Uhm… 8am?” Sehun said, and the others nodded.

“Right ok, and where do you practise?”

“We rented out a dance studio near our apartment. We can show you later, if you want. You could come watch us practise! And you too, of course…” Lu Han said, looking towards Zara.

“Oh….Zara. My name is Zara.” She said.

“I see, well you’re welcome to join us with Sirrah as well.” He finished. She thanked him and looked towards me. I smiled. I had seen her watching how EXO and I had been interacting this whole time. I could see curiosity and questions burning in her eyes, but she kept them to herself for now. I knew I would be bombarded when EXO left.

“So…if I can ask… How exactly did Sirrah injure her ankle?” She asked looking at Kris. He looked uncomfortable. Someone else answered for him.

“Kris hyung fell on her.” Baekhyun told her.

“Yeah…she landed in a Kris and D.O sandwich, her being the filling of course.” Chanyeol said and giggled, looking down at me. I was mortified. Oh my God…he did not just say that. I looked up and saw Kris’ ears were red.He’s either angry, or embarrassed…or both. D.O looked a little flustered too. I saw Lu Han snickering at Kris.

“After we brought her home, all of us had to carry her up to her apartment.” Kai added. I put my face in my hands. “It was actually really funny. Especially when she was hopping around everywhere.” I threw a chopstick at him. “OW! What was that for, noona?” He complained. I looked at Zara. Her eyes were wide. Ohhhh…this is terrible!

“I see…” She said. It was a little too quiet as we ate our food after that. “So… how long are you guys here for?” Zara broke the silence. That was a question I actually hadn’t asked them, so I was curious for the answer.

“Two and a half weeks more. And then we are going back to Korea.” Suho informed her. What?! That’s it?!?! I felt my mood drop…two weeks wasn’t a long time. Zara nodded and continued eating her fried rice.

“Oppa, can you pass me the salt?” I asked Lu Han. He handed it to me. I shook it onto my noodles with a pout.

“What’s wrong mei-mei? You look upset.” He commented. The others looked up at me. I immediately straightened my face.

“Upset? Me? Why would I be upset?” I asked him with a fake laugh. EXO could tell.

“Looks like someone is upset that we will be leaving in two weeks…” Kai smirked. I threw my other chopstick at him. “Aish, seriously!” He said as the others laughed at him.

“Awww, don’t worry mei-mei, we will take you with us.” Lu Han said and stuck his tongue out at me. I laughed, cheered up by his words, although I knew he was just joking.

“Oppa…you don’t talk very much, do you?” Zara said to Kris. She was twirling a strand of her blue hair around her fingers. Is she trying to flirt with him?! Kris looked up at her with a poker face.

“Kris likes to think of himself as the silent, mysterious type, I think.” I joked as Lu Han and Suho, who were sitting either side of him, tried to supress their laughter. Kris glared at me.

“How comes you call the others oppa, but you’re calling him ‘Kris’?” Zara asked, looking at me.

“Oh, you see…he has an allergy to the word…” I put on my cute face again. “Right, oppa?”  His eyes widened like last time, and his ears immediately went red. This time, the guys didn’t hold back on their laughter, and they guffawed loudly as they saw Kris’ reaction. Lu Han had told me that it wasn’t the word he was allergic to, but rather the cuteness, but I spared him the misery. Zara was giggling too, but she looked confused.

“Allergy? Is that true… ‘oppa’?” Kris stared at her with a straight face, and this time I burst out laughing at her failed attempt. Kris glared at everyone. Ohhhh…he looks angry. You’ve done it now, Sirrah, I thought as I rolled backwards in laughter.

“Excuse me.” Kris said in a steely tone, getting up from the floor, and disappeared into the corridor, presumably to the bathroom. Lu Han looked at me and held out his hand for a HI-5 as he used his other one to wipe away tears from his eyes. I slapped his hand and grinned.

“That was…priceless.” He giggled.

“Wow…I’ve never seen hyung get like that, not even with Tao.” Suho remarked.

“Oh well, oppa, you should get used to it.” I said as he laughed at my evil smirk.

KRIS’ POV

I got up from the floor and stormed down the corridor, locking myself in the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. Not only my ears, my whole FACE was red. What is that girl trying to do?! I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. What was even stranger was the fact that I didn’t even know why I was having this reaction. Didn’t Tao use aegyo on me all the time to get what he wanted? But this was different… it was ten times worse than Tao’s aegyo. I couldn’t even think when she looked at me with those big eyes and that little pout and then started calling me oppa. Sure, she’s pretty…but I can handle that. I don’t even like her! I felt myself getting angry.

If that’s how you want to play, then so be it. You just messed with the wrong guy, Station girl.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Enjoy <3 I think i may not be able to get more than perhaps 2 updates in the next few days. I have an exam on wednesday which i will be preparing for, and then ill get back to updating regularly after that, so just be a little patient! ^^