Mystery

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ENJOY


 

“Sirrah, what are you doing here?” I asked her.

“Can I come in?” She asked back. Oh, how stupid of me.

“Of course, sorry.” I closed the door for a second so I could remove the chain and pulled it fully open. Sirrah stepped over the threshold and stood shivering by the door. I closed it behind her and turned around to her. She looked scared and vulnerable. I only just stopped myself from pulling her into my arms. “What happened, Sirrah?”

“Uhm, there’s…” She stopped talking when her teeth started chattering. Tsk, why don’t I think of the important things first?

“Hold on, you can tell me later. Let’s get you sorted out first, you’re soaking wet.” I stated the obvious and took her by her arm into the living room. I looked at her up and down. I’ll have to give her some of my clothes to wear. “Ok, take your shoes off and I’ll go find you something to change into.” She nodded and bent down to take her boots off and I ran into my room.

I the lamp by my bed instead of the main light, not wanting to wake Lu Han up. I looked into the closet and sifted through my clothes. I pulled out a long sweater, which would probably be huge on her, and tried to find something for her to wear on her lower half. I quickly met a problem. Where are all my sweat pants? And then I remembered that D.O had given them to the noonas to wash just this afternoon after we had finished our practise. . I tried to find something else, but all I had left were jeans and trousers, which would simply fall off her slim hips. Other than that, there were only the sweat pants that I was currently wearing.

I would have given her something of Lu Han’s, but like his bed, he didn’t like people touching his clothes either. To ensure that no one else took them, he kept his clothes locked inside his suitcase and hadn’t put them out into the closet. Crap…she’s going to think I did this on purpose.

I grabbed a clean towel and went back to her in the living room. She was still standing where I left her, a small puddle of water around her feet. She looked up and smiled weakly when she heard me come down the corridor. I handed the towel and sweater to her. She looked through them and raised an eyebrow when she didn’t find any pants. “I’m sorry, D.O gave all our clothes to the noonas to wash earlier today. Anything I have left is going to be too big for you.” I told her. She looked around uncertainly. “Don’t worry, that’s long though. It…should cover you fine,” I rubbed the back of my neck and looked around awkwardly.

She looked up and smiled. “Thanks, it’s fine.”

I nodded at her in response. “Uhm, you should take a shower to warm yourself up a bit.” I don’t want her to get ill. “Come on.” I took her arm and led her to the bathroom, pushing her inside it.

SIRRAH’S POV

He pushed me into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I smiled at how caring he was being. I’m glad he was still awake; otherwise I would have had to take shelter under a leaf or something. I stripped out of my dripping clothes. What do I do with these now? I looked towards the tiny radiator in the bathroom. There was no way my clothes would fit on that. Just as the thought crossed my mind, a soft knock came through the door.

“Sirrah?” Kris called quietly.

“Uhm, yeah?” I asked uncertainly, wondering what could be wrong.

“Give me your wet clothes so I can sort them out.” My expression immediately softened. He’s being so nice. I wrapped the towel he had given me around me and opened the door slightly, hiding my body behind it. He was standing to the side so that he wouldn’t be able to see inside the bathroom. Again I was touched by his thoughtfulness. I held my clothes out to him shyly. He smiled and took them out of my hands, and then disappeared down the corridor. I noticed clothes and a towel hanging on the railing and wondered who’s they were. I took off the towel and then my underwear. I’m going to have to put these back on, obviously. I put them over the radiator, hoping they would be dry by the time I was done with my shower.

I stepped into the shower and turned the water on. As soon as the warm liquid hit me, I felt better. This feels so nice. I stood under the shower head and let the water pummel onto my head and back. I had a habit of doing this since the water would have a numbing effect and relax me. It washed away any lingering bad thoughts that the police incident had conjured up. After a while of standing under the mind-numbing jet, I finally came back to reality. I’m going to end up giving this place a huge water bill. I should get out. I quickly washed myself and then reluctantly turned off the water. I opened the door and a wall of cold air hit me. I shivered in response and quickly dried myself off and got into my clothes.

As I pulled Kris’ sweater over me, his intoxicating, musky scent drifted into my nose. It smells like him. I smiled as I pulled it down. And then I realised something else. The sweater only just made it to the tops of my thighs, just enough of the thick fabric available to cover my underwear. Le . The sleeves were hanging far off the end of my hands, and it was huge on my body. The material was soft and warm but just not long enough for comfort. Well at least EXO aren’t up to see me. I hope Kris has gone to bed as well. I rubbed the towel over my wet hair as I quietly stepped out of the bathroom. I looked around for Kris but didn’t see him anywhere.

Looks like he did go to bed. Unfortunately, I was wrong, because a second later, when I walked into the living room, Kris was already standing at the opening of the other corridor, watching me with slightly wide eyes.

But the thing I noticed was the mint coloured face mask that was smeared all over his face.

KRIS’ POV

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw her slipping out of the bathroom, rubbing her hair with the towel. Oh lord…Her hair was hanging to her side in dark, wet waves and her cheeks were flushed under her pale, milky cheeks. But something else pulled my attention away from her flawless beauty. Maybe it was the fact that she was currently in nothing but my sweater, or the way her slender and shapely legs were left exposed – or perhaps a mixture of both, but there was something so unbelievably y about the image in front of me. I felt a huge wave of desire wash over me, and it took all of my self-restraint not to just grab her and have my way with her then and there. Get a grip, Wu Fan. I closed my eyes and clenched my hands into fists to control myself.

Her pealing laughter snapped me out of my daze. I opened my eyes to see her covering with her hand, which was hidden under the sleeve of the sweater, as quiet giggles bubbled through her lips. I looked at her in confusion. What does she find so funny? I raised an eyebrow. She removed the hand from and waved it around her face, and then started giggling again. I mimicked her action, and my hand brushed against my skin. That’s when I realised what she was laughing at. , I completely forgot I had the face mask on.

I felt heat surging into my ears. I hadn’t planned for her to see my cosmetic maintenance session. I had come into the living room to get something, but my mind was blank now as I spun on my heels and went back into the bathroom to wash my face. I heard soft footsteps following me and realised Sirrah was following me. Great. I stood in front of the sink and felt her come up behind me.

“Wow...you put all that stuff on your face?” She asked quietly, looking at the assortment of creams and moisturisers around the sink. I decided not to answer her. It was embarrassing enough that she had caught me. Thankfully, the face mask was the last part of my ritual. She watched me quietly as I washed the mask off of my face. I could see her smiling in the mirror. Why do I feel so self-conscious with her watching me? I’m an idol, people watch me all the time, so why this strange nervousness? Once my face was clean, I wiped the excess water off with my hand and turned around to her. She was watching me with a small smile.

“What?” I asked uncertainly.

She carried on staring at me for a few more seconds and then stepped closer to me. Then she pushed back the sleeve of the sweater and slowly lifted a hand to my face. Her fingertips made contact with my face and then gently caressed my skin. “So soft…” She whispered with admiring eyes.

I froze. Never had anyone done something like that to me. I stared at her with shock. Suddenly her hand dropped to her side as she seemed to realise what she just did. “I…uh…” She looked around awkwardly. “Sorry.” She mumbled and then scuttled out of the bathroom. As soon as she turned her back, a huge grin spread across my face. She’s going to drive me insane soon. I dried my face and went into the living room to find Sirrah sitting on the couch. She must be tired. I went and got a spare blanket and pillow and brought it back to the couch.

“You can sleep on the bed in my room, and I’ll take the couch.” I said turning around to Sirrah. She frowned at me.

“What? No, you sleep on your own bed.” She protested.

“It’s fine. You sleep there.” I retorted back. I felt bad about asking her to sleep on the couch.

“Kris…please. I’m glad you even let me back into the apartment this late, don’t embarrass me any further.” She pleaded.

“It’s honestly not a problem.” I said genuinely. She sighed and stood up.

“Look, you probably won’t even fit on that sofa.” She said pointing to the longest couch. She does have a point. “Whereas I’ll probably have a few feet of space to spare.” She finished with a straight face. I chuckled at how she was making fun of her own height. She smiled and stepped forward and then pulled the pillow I was still holding out of my hands. I noticed she still had the sleeves flopping over her hands and smiled. “I’ll be fine here. So you sleep in your own bed, ok?” She smiled up at me.

“Ok,” I said, just to please her. I left her to sort herself out while I went back into my room. Oh, I put my clothes in the bathroom already. I checked the clock. It was a little past 1am. I made my way back to the bathroom when I saw Sirrah straightening out the blanket on the couch – well trying to at least. She would push back the sleeves of the sweater, and after every few seconds, they would fall back over her hands. I chuckled softly to myself. How can she be so adorable yet y at the same time? I walked over to her quietly. She didn’t even realise I was behind her until I was literally touching her back. She jumped and turned around, almost falling back onto the couch, but I caught her and pulled her towards me. She started blushing and looked up at me shyly. I reached down to one of her arms and lifted it.

“Let me help you with that.” I smiled at her and then diverted my attention down to her hands. I slowly folded back the sleeves to reveal her hand inch by inch. Her eyes were on my face the whole time and I smiled at how she was looking at me. As the fabric folded away to reveal her wrists, I saw a faint pink line on her skin. It was clear it was a scar. Did she hurt herself? It must have been bad if it left a scar like that. I shrugged it off and moved to her other hand. Again as her other wrist came into view, I saw another scar there. Cautiously, I folded a bit more of the sleeve back, and saw more pink lines, scattered in all sorts of directions on her skin. What the hell? “Sirrah, what are all these marks?”

“Huh?” She snapped out of her daze and looked down in confusion. I watched her face closely for her reaction. As soon as her gaze fell on her exposed skin, the colour drained out of her face. Her eyes widened and she immediately pulled her arms away from mine, pulling the sleeves down to her hands. She gave an awkward little laugh, but it was clear that it was forced. “Uh…nothing…they…” She was getting flustered, and she knew it. She stopped talking and took a deep breath. “I…hurt…I got hurt when I was younger, and it left scars.” She chose her words carefully. Her suspicious reaction was a mistake on her part as it got me thinking. However, I could tell that whatever it was, the subject was making her uneasy, so I dropped it.

“Ah, ok.” I faked a smile. “I’m going to go take a shower, so you get to bed, ok?” I looked down at her. She nodded up at me. I smiled and reached out my hand to tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear. “Goodnight.” I said gently.

That brought the smile back onto her face. “Goodnight.” She whispered back. I wanted to kiss her, so badly…but my mind quickly drifted somewhere else. As I walked back to the bathroom and got into the shower, I thought about the scars I had just seen on Sirrah’s arms. What kind of injury would leave her with scars like that? Numerous possibilities raced through my mind, but none stuck out too apparently, since I didn’t know anything about her past, or even her present for that matter.

Why are you such a mystery, Sirrah? 


The night is still young...kind of, so don't worry, there's more to come yet ^^ they wont go to sleep that easily lol.

Thanks to everyone again! <3