Boys and their Toys

Meeting By Coincidence

 

I'm re-uploading chapter 59 and 60...i'm not going to be adding the pictures again though, because i simply cannot be bothered, hopefully when the original chapters come back they will be there.


 

 

Zara arrived at my apartment an hour and a half later.

“You took your sweet time. Did you bring your laptop?” I told her as I opened the door and let her in. She dumped her bag onto the sofa and plonked down on it. Her hair was ruffled and it didn’t look she had even brushed it before she came.

“Sorry, I couldn’t be bothered to move and yeah I did.” She told me. I rolled my eyes and sat down in front of her.

“Ok, I’ve been looking on the internet for things for Xiu Min oppa’s birthday already. I’ve looked up limo hire, and the restaurant so far. And I’ve got a really good idea for the rest of the night as well.” I grinned at Zara.

“You always have good ideas for parties.” Zara complimented.

“Uh...thanks. But yeah…” So I proceeded to tell her what I had thought of doing to make Xiu Min and EXO’s night as memorable as possible. The plan was a little far-fetched but I was convinced it could work out. I couldn’t throw him a huge party with tons of people because EXO had to keep their presence in London a secret, so I had thought up of a plan that was still flashy but private at the same time. Zara grinned once I had finished telling her.

“That. Will. Be. AWESOME!” She yelled. “Seriously, EXO will love that.”

“You think so?” I was a little unsure.

“Hell yes! It will be the best night of their life!” Zara laughed.

“I hope so. Ok, I need you to find a birthday cake. Can you do that?” I asked Zara.

“On it, boss.” She fired up her laptop and got searching. In the mean time I called up the right places to make my plan a success.

It had been a few hours since we had been phoning various places to get all the aspects of tomorrow night sorted. There was a lot of complaining since it was on such short notice, but enough threatening and promise of money made them take back their words and do what I was requesting. There were papers strewn all over the floor and a few more things to do when my doorbell rang. I looked towards Zara in confusion because I wasn’t expecting anyone.

“Who could that be?” I said out loud as I moved towards the door.

“I opened the door to see Lay standing at the front of his group and grinning down at me. Oh crap .I slammed the door shut on his face and ran back into the living room.

“EXO are here! Hide everything!!”

KAI’S POV

“Why does noona keep doing that? Last time we were here, she slammed the door shut on my face too.” I told the others. We could hear shuffling on the other side of the door.

“Maybe they were doing thomething they didn’t want uth to thee.” Sehun said and then snickered.

“Get your head out of the gutter, Thehun.” Lu Han hyung scolded him.

“Sorry guys! Just a minute!” Noona’s voice came through the door. I scratched the wall next to the door frame, where a bit of the plaster was sticking up.

“Noona! Hurry up, I’m hungry!” Sehun moaned. I chuckled. Noona always listened to us younger ones. And without fail, a few seconds later the door swung open.

“Finally!” Yixing hyung exclaimed and stepped inside while noona held the door open with a sheepish smile.

“Hey noona!” I ruffled her hair as I went inside. I knew she would be pouting behind me, and that’s exactly why I did it. Just as I thought, her bottom lip was sticking out when I turned around. I chuckled at her expression. She’s so cute. I can't believe she’s older than me by two years.

“Hey mei-mei!”  Lu Han hyung ruffled her hair as well, and her bottom lip came out even more. Lu Han hyung and I both laughed and he turned and high-fived me. We had a little pact to ruffle her hair whenever we got the opportunity because her reaction would always be adorable. Kris hyung was the last one to come in and her cheeks flushed slightly. They mumbled soft hellos to each other as Kris hyung went past her and then she closed the door behind him and followed him in. I swear there’s something going on between them.

“Tho, what were you guyth doing here?” Sehun asked them, with a smirk.

“Uhm, nothing…we were just finishing off a uni assignment.” Zara noona said.

“Then what was the need to close the door on us like that?” Yixing hyung asked. Sirrah noona looked worriedly towards Zara noona.

“Because the apartment was a mess and Sirrah didn’t want you to see it like that.” Zara noona explained smoothly. Sirrah noona nodded vigorously in agreement. I could tell that wasn’t the total truth but I decided to not say anything because I didn’t want to intrude.  “So what brings you guys here?” Zara noona asked.

“Do friends need an excuse to see each other?” Yixing hyung winked at her. She laughed and rolled her eyes as the rest of us sat down around the room.

“I guess not.” She said. Sirrah noona bent down in front of Yixing hyung and he raised an eyebrow at her.

“What are you doing?” He asked, leaning back.

“You were right about the makeup. I can't see a single bruise.” She replied.

“It’s magique!” Minseok hyung said with a terrible French accent. But it did what it intended to and everyone started laughing.

“I’ll take it off for you.” Noona said, starting to move towards her room.

“Wait, what?! NO! Don’t!” Hyung yelled at her.

Sirrah noona turned to look at him. “Why not?”

“Because I’m not a pretty sight without makeup!” Yixing hyung told her. Amen.

“Oh come on, gege, it’s not like I haven’t seen you without makeup before.” Noona said. There he goes again. Hyung looked like he was drifting off into lalaland again. He shook his head and snapped himself out of his daze while Sirrah noona gave him the weird eye.

“I know you have, but not after I’ve peeled it off right in front of your eyes!” He complained. “You might die if you see the transformation!” Sirrah noona shook her head and walked away.

“You’re done for, now!” I laughed at Yixing hyung. He glared at me as Sirrah noona returned with a cloth, a bowl of water and a tube in her hand. She put them down on the table and kneeled in front of him.

“Right, let’s get started then.”

KRIS’ POV

She nudged Yixing’s legs so that he parted them, and then shuffled closer to him, moving in between his legs. The tips of Lay’s ears were a light pink colour. Me on the other hand, I was going crazy with jealousy. I balled my hands into fists and took deep breaths so I wouldn’t snap. I watched Sirrah dip the cloth into the water and dap it on Lay’s face.

“It’s important to take this off so that your skin can breathe and heal. I’ll put some medicated balm on afterwards as well.” She told him as she wiped the cloth over his face.

“You sound like a doctor.” Lay said to her.

“Well I am studying medicine.” She told him. I felt my eyes widen.

“Really?!” Kai exclaimed. Sirrah just calmly nodded as she carried on wiping Lay’s face.

“Whoa…so we have a future doctor sitting between us and we didn’t even know?!” Minseok yelled.

“Actually, two future doctors.” Zara giggled, pointing to herself. How did we not know? I thought to myself. Maybe because you never asked? My conscience shot back immediately, and it was right.

“That’s so cool! So you’ve cut people up before and stuff?!” Kai asked her.

“No, not yet…we’re still learning the theory…” She carried on talking but I moved my attention back to Sirrah who was talking quietly to Lay.

“I’m going to clean your nose now. It might hurt a bit, ok?” Sirrah said and Lay nodded in response. Ever so carefully, she wiped the cloth across the side of his nose and Lay winced in return. “Sorry.” Sirrah frowned. She cleaned the makeup off his nose, and every time Lay winced, Sirrah’s own face would scrunch up, as if she was the one in pain, and kept on apologizing to Lay. You could tell she meant it. “There we go, all clean. And you still look handsome.” Sirrah smiled.

Lay grinned at her, his dimple showing again. Sirrah laughed and poked it. She reached to the table behind her and grabbed the tube of medication from it and turned back to Lay. “What’s that?” Lay asked.

“Medicated balm. It will help the bruises heal faster.” She told him and Lay nodded. As she applied the jelly over his nose, Lay made kissy faces at her since she was so close. Sirrah was laughing at his antics, while I watched them with a frown.

“Kris, if you’re that jealous, ask her to punch your nose too, so she can take care of you as well.” Lu Han grinned, speaking in Mandarin. Lay and Tao snickered at his words while I glared at him.

“I’ll make sure she doesn’t need to punch me to want to do that.” I shot back. Lay howled at me while the other two broke into laughter.

“What are you guys talking about?” Sirrah asked.

“Wu Fan ge said-” I kicked Lay’s side to get him to stop talking. Except I hadn’t been thinking, and he was shoved to the side and his nose bumped into Sirrah’s raised hand. He yelled and grabbed his nose in pain as Sirrah gasped and covered with bother her hands.

“KRIS!” Sirrah turned towards me with a furious expression. Oops. She turned and started fussing over Lay as Lu Han started chuckling behind her.

“Yeah, way to go. She’s definitely going to love you after you just made her hurt Yixing again.” He chortled and Tao hid his laughter behind his hand. I rolled my eyes and turned to Lay.

“Sorry, Yixing.” I said and leaned forward to see if he was ok. He held up a hand to signal he was fine. Sirrah gave me another stale look and then stood up to take the bowl of water and stuff into the kitchen. I made her angry? I was about to go after her, when Sehun spoke up.

“Noona, is this your boyfriend?” He asked Sirrah as she came back into the room. He was holding up a photo frame. Sirrah chuckled as she took the frame from his hand and wiped the surface of it with the sleeve of her cardigan.

“No silly. It’s my brother.” Sirrah said.

“Oh, let me see!” Chen said, holding up his hand towards the frame. Sirrah handed it to him and he started inspecting it.

“It can only be her brother anyway.” Zara giggled.

“Why’s that?” D.O asked.

“Sirrah doesn’t really do boyfriends.” She laughed. I raised an eyebrow. What the hell is she talking about?

“Zara…” Sirrah’s voice was stern but her eyes held amusement.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sehun asked.

“I’m just joking. She’s had boyfriends but as soon as someone says ‘I love you’, Sirrah runs the opposite way.” Zara said, looking at him with a spooky expression. My eyebrows furrowed in worry. She can’t be serious. The frame moved around the group and many of them commented on how handsome he was. After a few minutes it landed in my hands. I stared at the dark hair flopping over sparkling, brown eyes. A straight, high-bridged nose; small but full lips and a strong jawline. He didn’t look much like Sirrah but the good genes were apparent in both. The only thing that was the same between them was their warm, almond-shaped, brown eyes that seemed to be drowned with mysteries yet kindness at the same time. He’d probably want to murder me if he ever found me with Sirrah.

“Commitment issues?!” Xiu Min asked. Sirrah held up her hands to explain but Zara cut her off again.

“Not commitment issues, but trust issues!” She said.

“Zara…drop it, would you?” Sirrah said in English. She threw a quick look my way and then turned back to her best friend.

“Ok…ok…” She held her hands up in defeat.

“Noona, I just realised we haven’t even looked around your apartment properly. Do you mind if we take a look?” Sehun steered the conversation down a different road. I was a little disappointed to be honest. I wanted to know more. Heck, my future depended on it.

“Sure, go ahead.” She said, and the maknae’s ran off like excited kids, while Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol by the sleeve and took him as well. I had realised Chanyeol hadn’t been talking much since yesterday, nor had he gone near Sirrah. What’s up with that kid? Not that I was complaining. It was a breath of fresh air. It wasn’t to the stage where I was actually worried about him yet.

Suddenly a screech shot across the apartment.

“OH MY GOD!”

SIRRAH’S POV

I ran to where the shout came from. I walked into the second bedroom to see Sehun holding up a jacket.

“NOOOONNA!! WHOSE IS THIS?!” He yelled with a furious look on his face. What happened to him all of a sudden?

“It’s my brother’s. Why?” I asked with wide eyes. He looked like he was about to murder someone. Lu Han and Kai came in behind me.

“What’s going on, Thehun?” Lu Han asked. I realised he said ‘Thehun’ instead of Sehun and started giggling. I knew people were always commenting on his lisp, but honestly, it was so slight that I could barely even pick it up.

“Hyung! Look at thith!” He said…Great, now I’m picking up on his lisp more. I giggled some more, as Lu Han’s facial expression soured to match that of his dongsaeng’s.

“What is wrong with them?” I asked, turning to Kai.

“It’s beyond me.” He shrugged.

“Nooooo~!” Lu Han howled as Baekhyun and Chanyeol came inside too. I turned to them.

“You’re friends seem to have lost their minds.” I said to them, and nudged Chanyeol’s side, who was standing closest to me. He gave me a weak smile and then shuffled away to the side. My brows furrowed. What’s wrong with him? Before I had time to ponder over it more, my attention was taken by Sehun who grabbed my wrist.

“You said this was your brother’s?” He asked and I nodded. “Where did he get it from?!”

“Uh…I don’t know? What’s the big deal?” I asked, completely confused.

“What’s the big deal? What’s the big deal?! Do you know what this is?” Lu Han looked up at me with a deathly glare, as if looking at me at that point was paining him. I shook my head, getting even more confused. “This is a Forzieri limited edition biker jacket.” I looked at him with blank eyes, because his words didn’t mean anything significant to me. Lu Han gave an exasperated sigh. “Only a hundred of these pieces were made. They sold out before we could even think of buying one.” He told me.

“Oh.” It made more sense to me now. They were jealous because they didn’t get to buy them. To be honest, the jacket had been sitting there on the chair for months since the last time my brother had come to visit. I now remembered him making a big deal when he had bought the jacket. It had cost him just under £800. I had scolded him for spending so much money on something he could have bought for so much cheaper just without the designer tag – but he was having none of it.

“Oh? That’s all you can say?!” Lu Han looked at me with wide eyes. I just shrugged and left the room as Sehun moaned behind me.

“I want it~~~!”

Kai and the Breakfast couple followed me out but then went into my bedroom as I went to the living room. Kris and Zara were fighting over the remote, while Lay was cowering in the corner of the sofa, trying to save his nose from getting another knock. I chuckled and left them to it, making my way to the kitchen instead. Suho and Chen were looking at some frames on my shelf and stopped me as I went past.

“Are these your parents, Sirrah?” Suho asked. I went over to them and looked to where he was pointing.

“Yeah, they are.” I confirmed with a sad smile which neither of the boys saw.

“And who are they?” Chen asked, pointing towards another frame.

“My grandparents.” I smiled when he looked back at me. He nodded in understanding and then went back to looking at the pictures so I moved into the kitchen. Xiu Min was rummaging around in my fridge, looking for something to eat, while Tao was behind him, trying to move his gege out of the way so he could get his share of food too. D.O on the other hand was inspecting my assortment of knives. He looked deeply fascinated by them and I chuckled at his serious expression. I was about to ask Xiu Min and the baby panda if they wanted me to cook something for them, when Kai’s voice rang out.

“Noooonna!~ What’s this?” He asked with a chuckle. I heard the guys and Zara from the living room starting to laugh as well, so I walked into the room with the three boys from the kitchen on my tail. Lu Han and Sehun came out from my brother’s room as well, Sehun still holding the jacket. I looked around to see Kai standing near the door of my bedroom. He was holding…Oh …

“I knew you were a fan, but wow…” Lay laughed. I ran over to Kai and grabbed the hoody and poster from him. Why do I always embarrass myself in front of them? I couldn’t bear to turn around now and look at them, especially Kris.

“That hoody is real cute.” Baekhyun giggled from the side. I looked up and scowled at Kai.

“What? You said we could look around!” He defended himself. I looked down at the hoody. It was a black hoody, with Kris’ dragon logo on the front and the EXO logo on the back.  Being the Kris fangirl that I was…I had bought the hoody to feel more…’as one’ with my bias. Never had I know that I would have my bias actually lurking around in my own home. I stole a quick glance at said bias and regretted it immediately. He was staring at me with a huge grin on his face.

Baekhyun snatched the poster out of my hand. It was one of all of EXO, signed by each member. “Is this fake?” He asked. I scowled at him and took it back.

“Of course it’s not fake!” I exclaimed.

“Then were you at one of our fansigns?” Kai’s eyes widened.

“No, she got one of our friends in Korea to get it for us.” Zara said from behind me and I nodded.

“A friend in Korea?” Baekhyun’s eye furrowed.

“Yeah. Actually…He’s a trainee at SM. Has been so for the past two years.” Zara told them. Now there were exclamations of shock from all around the room.

“Really?!” Lu Han gasped looking at me and I nodded.

“What’s his name?” Xiu Min asked.

“Kim Minhyuk.” Zara told them.

“Hold on, hold on…always has blonde hair and two piercings in his right eyebrow? Really good dancer? Born in January 93’?” Kai asked, looking between Zara and me. I couldn’t remember Hyukkie’s birthday so I looked at Zara as well.

“Yeah, that’s him!!! And he has a tattoo of a spider on his left arm!” Zara yelled.

“Haha!! Oh my God, that is him!!! Kyungsoo hyung’s really good friends with him!” Kai shouted back, jumping up and down with excitement. Wow…

“Heck, small world.” D.O looked at us with his round eyes. I couldn’t tell if he was shocked or not.

“Wow…so we actually have mutual friends…” I looked at Kai with wide eyes.

“Yeah! Minhyuk is a really good hyung to us,” He said, motioning to the younger EXO members. “And he’s really close with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol hyung.” Kai explained. I laughed incredulously.

“That’s just…wow…” I shook my head in disbelief. “But yeah…he’s the one who got us these…well this.” I held up the poster. “Zara has her own copy.” I told them. I went back into my room to put my things away and came back to see the guys and Zara talking animatedly about Min Hyuk. It had been a while since either of us had spoken to him since he was so busy all the time, but EXO assured us that he was doing well, and had seen him just last month. D.O who had been in the kitchen walked into the room dangling a pair of keys in front of him.

“Noona, are these yours?” He asked Zara.

“Huh? Oh, no, those are Sirrah’s.” She replied and turned her attention back to Kai.

“Sirrah’s?” He looked at me. “But I thought you have a Mini?”

I opened my mouth to speak, but Zara cut me off. “She owns the Audi those keys belong to, as well.” Zara smirked.

“You have two cars? But I’ve never seen the other one.” Lu Han asked with eyebrows furrowed.

“You should see this one!!! OH MY GAWWWDD!!” Zara started to wave her hands around dramatically.

“Zara…” I warned her. I didn’t like her making a fuss and she knew it.

“Which one is it?” Sehun asked. I was about to tell him, but again, Zara cut me off.

“NO!! You have to see it!” She yelled. I sighed. I knew she would do this. I should have hid the keys.

“Then let’s go see it?” Lay suggested.

“It’s not here.” I said.

“Where is it?” Kris asked. I gave him a blank look.

“It’s parked in a garage a short walk away.” I told him.

“Then let’s walk and go see it!” Chanyeol said, perking up a bit. It was the liveliest I had seen him all day, and that lone fact, that he was happy again, made me give in.

“Ok.” I sighed.

Men and cars…two things that can never be kept apart.