Shopping

Meeting By Coincidence

ENJOY 


 

 

Sunday afternoon. I woke up smiling, although when I opened my eyes, I couldn’t remember why. It was only once I fully woke up in the shower that I remembered the text that Kris had sent me. I wonder if I will get to see him today. I probably won’t since they have to practise today. I didn’t have much to do so instead I spent a couple of hours finishing my assignments for uni and once I was done I called up Zara to see if she wanted to meet up. I wanted to talk to her about Kris anyway. Luckily she was free and I met her at the Starbuck’s that we frequented.

“Did you have fun with Matt?” I asked as I sat down with my hot chocolate.

“Yeah I did. Did you have fun with EXO and Yerin?” She asked bitterly, biting into her muffin. I laughed at the scowl on her face.

“Yeah I did. You should have seen those boys going crazy over Yerin. Kris wouldn’t let anyone near her though.” I laughed at the memory of Chanyeol yelling at him yesterday.

“Wow…really?” She mumbled around another mouthful.

“Yeah…he was holding onto her for dear life when we finally took her home.” I told her. A little sparkle came into her eyes as I said that. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Did you two do anything in the car?” She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

“Do anything? What would we have done?” I threw my napkin at her.

“I don’t know…wild, scandalous, car , maybe? Matt and I did that once, and almost got caught.” She giggled. I turned red at her words. “Haha, I can't believe you still turn red when we talk about this stuff.” She laughed.

I glared at her. “Yeah, well some people like to keep it modest. I can't understand how you can talk so openly and care-freely about it!”

“Why not? It’s perfectly normal…” She shrugged.  I changed the topic, feeling uncomfortable at how she could so easily talk about intimate things like that.

“You know, you were making a hell of a noise over the phone. I’m pretty sure Kris heard everything you were saying.” I told her.

“Really? Well it’s not like I was saying anything wrong.” She grinned at me.

“I haven’t even spoken to you about him, so why were you saying that?” I asked.

She looked me with cool, knowing eyes. “Come on, Sirrah, I’ve known you for over half our lives. I can tell what you're thinking without you needing to tell me.” She smiled. I nodded along, having heard that plenty of times and knowing it was true. “So…what happened?” She asked. I thought about last night’s events again. Zara waited patiently while I sorted my thoughts. I finally opened my mouth after a couple of minutes.

“We…kissed…” I said quietly.

“What?” Zara asked, clearly not hearing what I had said over the noise in the café.

“We kissed.” I said louder. Zara’s mouth fell open with an audible pop.

“What?” She asked again, this time out of disbelief. “You guys kissed last night?!” She squealed.

I shook my head and she frowned, getting confused. “I…he kissed me when we went camping.” I told her.

“WHAT?!” She yelled for the third time. People around us turned to look in our direction, probably wondering why the strange blue-haired girl was having an outburst. I turned red from the attention – our audience’s and Zara’s. “He kissed you all the way back then and you didn’t tell me?!” She exclaimed.

I knew this would happen. I twirled a lock of my hair around my fingers nervously. “It was only two days ago.” She glared at me. “I’m sorry…it’s just we left at different times and I didn’t get the chance to tell you.” I mumbled.

“Sirrah…as unbelievable as it may be, there are such things called phones in this modern age which allow humans to communicate without needing to be in the same room.” She snapped. Angry smurf…not good.

“I know there is, but I wanted to tell you in person, because I like to see your pretty face when I’m talking to you.” I flashed her a smile, slapping on the cheese. Zara’s frown turned upside down and she rolled her eyes. I knew it would work.

“You’re such a cheese-tap.” She grinned at me. “So how was it? Did you like it?” She asked, suddenly buzzing with excitement.

I nodded. “I…it was just surreal. I don’t know why he would go after someone like me but when he kissed me, I thought for a moment that maybe, just maybe he could. I swear there were fireworks exploding in my head.” I laughed.

Zara looked at me with soft eyes. “Sirrah, of course he would go for someone like you. What’s not to love about you?!” She laughed. I waved the comment away.

“But yeah, last night I asked him…well I asked him why he kissed me.” I looked down and smiled.

Zara leaned forward in her chair and looked at me intently. “So…what did he say?”

“He said ‘Sirrah…I kissed you because…because I-’” I stopped and looked at her. Zara nodded vigorously, telling me to carry on. I could tell she was on the verge of dying from curiosity, and it brought a grin onto my face.

“Sooo? What did he say?” She asked impatiently.

“That’s all he said.” I giggled.

“Huh?” She tilted her head in confusion.

“That’s all he said. We were standing outside the door to the apartment, and Chanyeol came out before he could say anything else.” I sighed and then laughed again.

Zara looked at me with a blank expression. “You serious?” I nodded. “What a !” Zara yelled and people looked our way again.

“Zara! Stop making so much noise.” I hissed at her. Zara had always been one who never considered her surroundings before doing anything.

She completely ignored what I said and leaned forward again, bundling her fists in front of her. “Man, if I was you, I would have punched Chanyeol in that pretty little face of his and tell him to come back in five minutes. Gah! The frustration! What did Kris do?” She asked.

“His pretty little face wouldn’t be so pretty anymore if I punched him, and Kris…he just looked like he was about to kill Channie any minute.” I laughed.

“Why wouldn’t he? I hope he beat Chanyeol up later!” She pouted. I laughed at the way she was getting so hyped about it. I wonder if Kris did actually beat Chanyeol up… He probably didn’t. At least I hope he didn’t…it’s not like he did it on purpose. “So that was it…you went home after that?” Zara frowned, not happy with the not-so-happy ending to last night.

“Yeah, it was getting late. Although…he did send me text later.” A huge smile spread across my face as I told her.

“Really?! Oh my God! What did he say?!” She squealed, excited again. I pulled out my phone and showed her the text.

“Awww! Cute! Although it’s not all mushy and stuff…but he put a heart!” She looked up and grinned at me. “That’s a good sign! That means he was going to confess to you last night.” I didn’t reply to her but a small smile played on my lips. I hope so…

“You like him don’t you?” She asked.

I didn’t answer for a few moments, but then I spoke in a quiet voice. “I do…”

“Yay! I knew there was something between you guys.” She grinned.

I raised an eyebrow. “You did? How?

“It’s just obvious when you guys are near each other…” She shrugged. I should probably talk to her about that too… I reluctantly brought up the dreaded subject.

“But Zara…”

“Hmm?” She looked at me questioningly.

“EXO are leaving in a little over two weeks…what then? If things kicked off between us…you know I can't go back to Korea or China with him. I have to study here.” I bit my bottom lip.

Zara frowned for a moment, but quickly perked up. “Sirrah…we can worry about that later. The most important thing right now is for you two to confirm your feelings for one another and actually get together! You won’t even have to worry about going with him if you’re not even with him.” I my teeth. She’s got a point.

I looked up and smiled at her. “I guess you’re right.”

“Hell yes, I am. Now shall we get some shopping done in celebration for your first kiss with Kris?” She grinned devilishly at me. I sighed. This woman and her shopping addiction. I, on the other hand, hated shopping. I had always been told I shopped like a guy…I walked into a shop knowing what I want, buy it, and then run. I didn’t like the endless hours of browsing through racks of items, squeezing into changing rooms with friend and trying on a million different outfits and not buying any of them. Zara knew that, but she enjoyed my misery so liked to drag me around with her on her shopping sprees.

Knowing I wouldn’t have a choice, I nodded.

“Great!” She clapped her hands together and stood up, leading the way out of the café, while I grabbed my unfinished hot chocolate and followed her.

I tailed her for hours, as she went from this shop to that one. If she couldn’t make her mind up between two things, she would buy both of them. She put on a mini fashion show for me in each store, and I swallowed down my pain and commented on each outfit.

“Zara, how much longer are you going to do this for? Haven’t you run out of money yet?” I asked, almost three hours after we had left Starbuck’s.

“Nope! I’m still going strong, woman!” She called back. I sighed. That’s when I heard my phone ringing. I pulled it out to see Kris’ number calling. Will it be Kris or someone else? I took a deep breath and answered.

“Sirrah!” It was Baekhyun this time.

“Annyeong, oppa.” I said.

“Annyeoonng~!” He squealed, hyper as ever. “We are done with our practise! How about you come over?” He asked. I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at the time. It was almost 6.30pm.

“I’m currently being dragged around a shopping centre by Zara.” I told him.

“Oh, well once you’re done, bring noona and come!” He said. Since Zara was a year older than the two of us, she was ‘noona’ to him.

“Arasseo, oppa. We’ll come soon then.” I told him and then we disconnected. Zara had noticed that I had stopped walking, and came back to me as I put my phone in my pocket.

“Who was that?” She asked.

“Baekhyun.” I told her.

“Oh right. So what now?”

“They want us to come over, so hurry up and finish your stuff here.” I told her.

“Ok, last store!” She said, walking into a shoe shop.

“You said that two hours ago!” I wailed behind her. I felt like a 5-year-old being dragged around by her mother.

Finally, almost an hour later, we rode the train back, and made our way to EXO’s apartment. It was almost completely dark now. When we made it to the door, I was about to knock, when I realised that the door was slightly ajar, open just a few inches. They forgot to close the door?  I gently pushed open the door to find it completely pitch black inside. Not a single light was on. I looked back at Zara who was looking around with worried eyes. I cautiously took a step into the apartment.

What exactly is going on here?

 


So...some girly time in that chapter! Thankfully, it seems Zara has her head screwed on properly - you tell her to get her arse in gear, Zara!

And what happened to EXO? Why is was their door open? Why is it dark?! DID THE FANS GET TO THEM?!?!?!? *GASP* 

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!! 

lol...anyway, time to sleep! I hope i have lots of comments to wake up to! *crosses fingers*  

GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!