So It's True

Meeting By Coincidence

 

A huge thanks to MiMiSHINee, who helped me with the Farsi vocab...you know...cuz Sirrah is Iranian...for what reason..i dont know ^^ 

Pedar - Father.

Mahdar - Mother

Ababa - Grandpa

Mamanie - Grandma

ENJOY! 


 

 

The rain hammered down on the two girls as they made their way through the silent and lifeless street. Their umbrellas sheltered them from most of the downpour but the water was slowly starting to seep through their clothes.

“I don’t think this is a good idea, Sirrah.” Said the taller, blonde girl.

“Don’t worry; we’ll be out of here in no time. Besides we’ll get home quicker.” Sirrah replied. The blonde girl stopped talking and put her trust in her friend. They walked through the rain, talking about their day, Sirrah walking a little ahead of her friend. Suddenly a shrill screech came from behind her, and Sirrah turned to see her friend struggling and being dragged away by a big, muscular man.

“Jasmine!” She screamed and was about to run after her, but she was stopped as a pair of strong arms wrapped around her torso from behind her.

---

Sirrah ran through the rain, the droplets crashing into her eyes, mixing with her tears and blurring her vision. But she didn’t stop. She didn’t stop running until she reached the hospital. She was greeted at the entrance by her brother who took her inside to her grandfather. He would be fine. He would make it through. Sirrah was sure of it. She was taken into the private hospital room, and found her parents and grandmother already there.

They watched her as she walked towards him. She was wet and shivering, but she couldn’t feel anything as she walked numbly towards her grandfather. She knelt down by his bed and took his hand into her own. It felt cold. Tears escaped from her eyes as she rubbed his hand to warm it up, hoping desperately that there was some way for her to save him. His eyes opened slowly and he looked down towards Sirrah.

“Ababa…” She shuffled closer to him. “I’m so sorry. Please don’t leave.” She choked.

A single tear leaked down the side of his face as he regarded her. He used up the last of his energy to smile at her before he closed his eyes forever.

---

Another dreary day, Sirrah thought as she ran up the drive towards the house. She had a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, almost as if her instincts were warning her that something has gone wrong. She ignored the feeling as she came up to the door. She twisted her key in the lock and stepped into the house, pulling back the hood of her coat, and shaking out her wet hair. She closed the door behind her quietly, knowing that her grandmother was probably asleep, and not wanting to wake her. She removed her wet shoes and walked through the parlour into the smaller living room where her grandmother would be.

She walked quietly up to her and knelt by her rocking chair. She had her feet propped up on the foot rest and looked comfortable. Sirrah looked up to her face and noticed the smile on it. She hadn’t smiled like this since her grandfather’s death. Unimaginable happiness coursed through Sirrah’s body. She reached towards her grandmother’s hand to wake her up. That’s when she noticed it – the frigid temperature of her skin. She started to panic. Was she ill? She reached forward and shook her grandmother’s shoulder, only to watch her head roll down, completely limp, and hanging at a painful angle. Sirrah’s breath caught in , and her mind started blanking over. Tears welled up in her eyes, making it hard to see.

“Mamanie…” Shaking uncontrollably, she extended her hand, and held it in front of her grandmother’s nose and mouth. When she didn’t feel a draft on her skin, she fell backwards and clapped a hand over mouth, stifling her cry. She moved forward and cradled her grandmother’s hand against her own face.

“Mamanie…how could you leave me here on my own?” She closed her eyes as a wretched sob wracked through her body.

---

The atmosphere was solemn and heavy as the mourners stood around the grave, a canopy of black umbrellas protecting them from the incessant rain. It was almost as if the heavens themselves were crying with them.

Once the majority of people had offered their condolences and left, Sirrah turned towards her parents. She opened to speak to her father, but he turned away from her without so much as a glance in her direction.

“Pedar!” She latched onto the sleeve of his pristine, black suit to stop him. “Pedar…are you staying?” She asked, the desperation crystal clear in her voice. Her father turned his steely gaze towards his daughter, his eyes lacking any compassion. His hand moved up, covering Sirrah’s own before he forcefully ripped it away from his sleeve. Without a single word, he turned and left.

Her mother started to follow him but Sirrah grabbed her arm. “Mahdar, please don’t go…” Sirrah begged, her voice breaking. Her mother turned to look at her, and although her eyes weren’t as cold as her father’s, Sirrah’s hope quickly diminished.

“I’m sorry, Sirrah,” Was all she said before she, too, removed Sirrah’s hand and followed after her husband. Sirrah watched them walk away from her with tears cascading down her face.

---

Again, Sirrah was in the rain, but this time, she felt as if she had no aim – no reason to be. The rain soaked into her clothes, making her shiver. She turned around in circles, looking at the unfamiliar street around her. She felt lost and empty. She felt alone.

She looked around until she caught sight of a familiar figure walking towards her. She felt a spark of warmth lighting up inside her. He was her aim, her reason to be.

“Kris…” She whispered as he came to a stop in front of her.

She felt herself smiling as she drank in his features. She felt as if she hadn’t seen them in so long. She felt deprived of his beauty, of his perfection. She wanted to imprint every detail into her mind and heart. She wanted to make them a part of her soul, of her entire being, so they would never leave her, even if everything else did. She moved her gaze up his face. They stopped on his eyes and her smile vanished.

There was no love or happiness in those eyes. Only pain and unimaginable sorrow. Those eyes were hollow, only a broken memory of what once used to be. Sirrah’s heart ached at the sight. She wanted to hold him and bring the light back into them.

She saw his lips moving, but she couldn’t hear a sound. All she could hear was the humming of the rain around her which drowned out everything else. Kris’ face was emotionless as he turned away from her and took a few steps forward.

“You win, Sirrah. You got what you wanted.” He turned around to look at her.

“Goodbye.”

With that he turned around and walked away from her.

Sirrah sank onto the flooded floor. Her lungs worked hard as she clutched her chest. Her heart was being painfully twisted and ripped in every possible direction. She gasped rapidly, not finding enough air to breathe in. Her vision faded in and out as she tried to hold her crumbing heart together. Is this what her grandmother had felt like when her heart broke?

She looked up to Kris’ back disappearing into the distance. She couldn’t let him go. She wouldn’t let him go.

“Kris!” She screeched as she scrambled onto her feet. She stumbled after him.

“Kris! Please don’t leave me!” Her cries echoed through the empty street.

She followed after him blindly. She would continue to look for him until she found him, even if it took the rest of eternity. She carried on running, even after she lost sight of him, when suddenly she felt the ground give way under her. Her body fell downwards, pulling her into a black hole of nothingness.

“Kris!”

That was the last word that came from before she was swallowed by the darkness.

I bolted upright, breathing hard. Where am I? I looked around, taking in my surroundings. Oh… The memory of sitting on this sofa with Kris came flooding back to me. I told him. I remembered how he had cried with me, had held me, had comforted me. I smiled at the memory. Oh, and you cuddled with him while he was shirtless! I automatically blushed. I hadn’t even thought about that fact while we were talking. I felt something trailing down my cheek and I raised a hand to my face. My fingers were greeted by moisture trailing down my face from my eyes.

I sighed. I was crying in my sleep, again. I knew it would happen after I had spoken to Kris. Every time I thought about these things, the nightmares would plague me. I shook the bad feelings away and laid down again, wondering if I would be able to get anymore sleep. My eyes started drifting close when I heard something. My ears perked up and I sat up to listen better. There were soft mumbling sounds coming from somewhere in the apartment. What could it be? It seemed to be coming from the left corridor, where Kris’ room was.

I pushed back the blanket and got up from the sofa. I walked slowly down the corridor, and the noises got louder. I soon realised it was someone talking. I walked past the rooms to see which one the talking was coming from. I quickly found out that it was coming from Kris’ and Lu Han’s room. Were they awake? Were they talking about something? I didn’t want to intrude on them if they were, but I could only really hear one voice. I poked my head around the wall, into the dark room. The light from the living room was filtering into their bedroom, and I saw that Lu Han was deep in slumber. I looked over at Kris who was tossing around in bed. Oh God…

I clapped a hand over my mouth as I tippy toed over to Kris and crouched down between Lu Han and his bed. So it’s true…he sleep talks. Kris mumbled something incoherent and flipped over to face me. His arm swung out and hit me in the head. I stifled my yelp and tumbled over onto the floor. I could feel the giggles rising in my throat and I tried my best to keep them down. I sat up again and looked at Kris. His eyebrow was furrowed as his lips moved silently.

“Chanyeol…you’re going to die.” He growled in Korean. I closed my eyes and giggled silently. Chanyeol’s haunting him in his dreams as well.

He flopped over onto his back and started mumbling something in Mandarin. And then he swapped to English and started having a one-way conversation with someone.

"Yeah, now you got it. No, it isn't like that. Damn it, Luhan, you're doing it wrong. No, let me! See, the ropes, we tie 'em up there and throw those big cakes over the tree. Yeah, but forget the magnets. We tried that and it only worked on cats…” There was a pause, and then he said, “I'll be back, gotta’ take Jesus to the races." I blew a raspberry as I started laughing. I tried to be as quiet as possible, but it was too funny.

“It’s a RABBIT! KILL IT!” He half yelled in Korean. That did it. I doubled over onto the floor and clutched my stomach as my body shook with laughter. I could barely breath – that’s how hard I was laughing. Lu Han moaned behind me and rolled over. , I’m going to wake them up. I got off the floor, still laughing, and made my way to the door while Kris was saying something in Mandarin or Cantonese…it was hard for me to tell the difference. I was about to step out of the room when Kris’ voice made me stop.

“Sirrah…” He said quietly. I turned to look at him. He said my name… “Wǒ xiǎng nǐ.”

Wǒ xiǎng nǐ? I’ll have to ask someone later what it means.

I walked back to the sofa with a smile on my face. That was definitely something I wouldn’t ever forget. I was still grinning when I fell asleep.

                                                    -              -              -              -              -              -              -              -             

 

I was vaguely aware of arms encircling me and being lifted up. What’s going on? I opened my heavy eyes as much as I could, and looked up into the face of an angel. My angel. Was I still dreaming?

“Kris…?” I whispered quietly. I felt myself being put down on a soft surface.

“Shhh…go back to sleep.” His soft voice commanded and he gently my hair. I revelled in the feel. I was enveloped in warmth and a cocoon of his scent.

I smiled as my eyes closed again.

 


Sweet and sad, both in one chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed that, and i'm sorry for not updating for a while. I've just had this headache raging for almost a week now and it refuses to die down ¬.¬ For the past two days its even been painful to look at light for me, so i havent been able to type out any more chapters, for which i apologize again.

Thankfully my eyes were better today, so i decided to update ^^

Thank you all for your comments on the last chapter, i'm glad it was received well....i think o_O lol

I will try to update soon again! Thank you all for being so patient!! <3