You Can Run but You Can't Avoid It

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ENJOY


 

 

I hoped he didn’t ask me that question again as I grabbed my heels and pulled him down the stairs, because I wouldn’t be able to answer him.

“What is there left to show me?” Kris asked suspiciously from behind me. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and checked the time. There was about ten minutes left till 6pm.

“Come, come, come! I’ll show you!” I tugged on his hand, urging him to move faster. I led him to the back of the house, into the kitchen, and opened the glass doors that led into the back garden. I quickly slipped on my shoes and stepped out, pulling him along. I was rushing him because I wanted to get in the right place before the show started. I led him at a fast pace across the pathway that would take us to my destination. The sky was dark by now, and I felt excited to see what would happen at six, since it had been almost two years since I had last seen it. I was even more excited at the fact that Kris would get to share this with me. I could see his silhouette looking around in the dark, trying to figure out what exactly was going on. I couldn’t see his expression but I knew it would be one of confusion but also curiosity.

The pathway was long so it took us a couple of minutes to reach our destination. I was buzzing by the time we did. “Here we go.” I told Kris.

We were standing in front of a lake which was lined by trees. There was a full moon in the sky, and the sky was littered with stars which reflected in the water, and danced as the water rippled. I was grinning as I turned towards Kris. It was still too dark to see his face clearly but I could see him turn his head towards me as my eyes adjusted to the lack of light.

“You wanted to show me this?” Kris asked, and I could sense a small bit of disappointment in his voice. I wasn’t put off though. There was nothing spectacular about the lake in the dark… until the clock struck six.

“Just wait and you’ll see. I promise you, it will be worth it.” I told him. So he did. A few minutes passed and he didn’t say anything. Nor did anything happen.

“Sirrah, what exactly am I waiting for?” He sighed with impatience.

“Shhh…” I quieted him. Just a few more minutes, my love. The minutes continued to tick by.

“Sirrah…seriously wha-”

“Shhh!” I cut him off and hushed him again. Any second now. I looked up at Kris and slipped my hand into his, my heart fluttering at the simple contact. He looked down at me, and I pointed to the other side of the lake. He turned his gaze towards where my finger was pointing.

A few seconds later, a small glow started in the middle of the trees. Kris gasped as he watched it grow until it illuminated the huge trees in different coloured lights. The glow slowly moved all around the small lake, lighting up all the trees that lined it, until it finally reached us.

When it did, it moved closer and lit up the bottom of the arches we were standing under, which had been invisible in the dark before, moving up to the top from each side and then lighting them up one by one, until they were all emitting a soft yellow light. It was a breath-taking sight.

Now that I was able to, I turned my face towards Kris’ so I could see his reaction. His mouth was hanging open and his eyes were open as wide as they would go. I didn’t want to ruin the moment so I stayed quiet, as he let go of my hand and turned in slow circles, taking in the view. I heard him take in a long breath as he finally stopped spinning and turned towards me.

“This is…ah, words can’t even do it justice. It’s absolutely beautiful!” He exclaimed. A grin spread across my face as I nodded in agreement.

“So, was it worth the wait?” I asked him teasingly.

“Definitely.” He chuckled.

“There’s more…” I told him, and he raised his eyebrows in question. “Follow me.” I walked alone the banks of the lake, and I could hear his footsteps shuffling over the grass behind me. We reached a part of the lake where it was shallower, and a small wooden bridge was built across the little ford. I stepped onto it and started walking across it, my heels making hollow, thudding sounds on the wood as I walked. When I didn’t hear Kris’ footsteps following me, I turned around to see him standing by the foot of the bridge, eyeing it with mistrust.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him, amused by his expression.

“That doesn’t look very sturdy to me.” He said, looking at me and the bridge with a worried expression. I let out a giggle as I started jumping on the bridge. “Sirrah! Be careful!” He stepped forwards with wide eyes.

I laughed as I walked to him and took his hand. “It’s old, Kris, but it’s sturdy as hell. It won’t fall so easily. Besides…” I leaned over the railing and looked at the water below, and Kris joined me. “The water her is only a couple of feet deep. I think it reaches up to my waist. I wouldn’t walk across this if I thought it would fall and I would drown to my death. Especially since I can't swim.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

He looked towards me with a shocked expression. “You can’t swim?”

“Nope.” I shook my head. “I’ve always had a fear of deep water, so I could never bring myself to get into a pool and learn, although my grandparents tried to make me plenty of times.”

Kris narrowed his eyes at me. “You should learn. What if you fell into the lake here? Or someone pushed you into the sea at the beach?!” He asked with wide eyes, probably imagining the scenarios in his head.

“Hmm…” I looked at him with a contemplative expression. “Then I drown?”

His eyes darkened as I said that, and he growled. “As if I would ever let that happen.”

A warm feeling spread throughout me at his words. And I believed him. I believed that he would keep me safe, no matter what. I smiled at him and gently pulled on his hand to take him across the bridge. After crossing the bridge, I led him under a stone archway, and into a smaller garden, that was closed off by a circular stone wall. It had been made in a small clearing in the trees so we had a clear view of the sky.

“What’s this?” Kris asked.

I didn’t answer him as I sat down on the soft grass, and lay down onto my back. He asks too many questions.  I chuckled and patted the ground next to me, and Kris joined me after a second, his shoulder pressing against mine.

“Oh, wow…there’s so many stars out tonight.” He remarked.

“There is. It’s pretty isn’t it?” I asked him, turning my face towards him. I studied his profile as he hummed in agreement, a small smile on his lips. The moonlight was bathing his face in a soft white glow, and with his flawless skin and perfect features, he looked like an angel that had descended just for me from one of the stars he was looking at. I turned my face up towards the sky as well. “I used to come here with my brother almost every night we were here. We would lay here for hours under the sky picking out constellations and shapes in the stars.”

He chuckled softly. “I’ve never done that kind of thing, although I used to be interested in constellations when I was a kid.” He said. I turned to look at him. “That’s Orion’s Belt there.” He pointed an arm upwards, and I followed his gaze to the line of three stars.

“Do you know each of their names?” I asked him. I felt him shake his head. I pointed my finger up towards them. “That one is called Alnitak.” I said pointing to the first of the three stars, “That one is Alnilam, and the last one is called Mintaka.” I turned to smiled at him. He moved his gaze away from the stars and turned it towards me instead.

“How do you know that?” He asked with wide eyes.

“One of my grandpa’s hobbies was star-gazing. He had a telescope and everything, and tons of books about constellations. He would always take my brother and I out with him and show us all of them, and tell us the stories behind them. It just got stuck in my head since it was so fascinating to me.” I explained.

“Show me another one.” He demanded.

“Hmmm…” I searched the sky to see if I could find another one. “There!” I pointed up to the shape in the sky.

“Where?” He asked.

“Do you see that sideways ‘M’?”

“No…?” He said with a confused expression. I chuckled and reached down to his hand, winding my fingers in with his. I lifted our hands towards the sky, and traced the shape out for him.

“Do you see it now?” I smiled at him. His eyebrows were furrowed as he looked up at the sky, trying to pick out the shape. I thought he would give up but suddenly his face lit up.

“Oh, yeah I see it! M for EXO-M.” He chuckled.

I smiled at his comment. “That one’s called Cassiopeia.” I told him.

“That’s…” He looked towards me.

“TVXQ’s fan club, yeah.” I giggled.

He chuckled at the new found information. “Wow, I didn’t know that was a constellation.”

“Yeah, there’s quite a few other groups named like that too…Uhm…” I looked for another example. It was spring now, so I was hoping the one I was looking for was visible. “Ah there…” I took his hand and traced the shape out for him again. “Do you see it looks kind of like a woman lying down?”

This time he got it immediately. “Ah, yeah.”

“That one is called Virgo the Maiden. It represents power females in mythology like Athena, Artemis, Persephone and so on… well, the Maiden carries a grain of wheat. Can you see the brightest star there on the bottom?” He nodded. “That’s the grain of wheat, called Spica,”

“And we have a girl group called Spica,” He finished off for me.

I smiled and nodded. “That’s right.”

“How do you remember all this stuff?” He asked me with an amused expression.

“I’m a treasure full of useless knowledge!” I giggled. He chuckled and looked up again.

“Look…” He pointed our hands towards something. “That looks like a teacup.”

I twisted my head around in different angles trying to see it but I couldn’t. “Nope, I don’t see it.”

“But it’s so clear!” He exclaimed.

“Maybe to you it is.” I pointed towards something else. “Look, that’s you!”

“Me? Where?” He asked, looking around.

“That weird shape there.” I giggled.

He turned his head towards me and narrowed his eyes at me. “You calling me weird?”

I laughed at his expression, enjoying teasing him. “Maybe…?”

He leaned over towards me. “You sure about that?” I nodded my head. Not really… Suddenly his hands attacked my stomach, his fingers moving quickly and tickling me. I gasped and moved back as I started laughing, trying to get away from his reach, but he only moved closer with a cheeky smile on his face.

“K-Kris, stop!” I managed to gasp out before I dissolved into another fit of laughter, the sensation from being tickled becoming too much for me. “Kris please!” I begged him to stop. After a couple of seconds he removed his hands, but pulled me towards him.

He smirked at me, his lips inches away from mine. “So, you were calling me what?”

“Uhm…weird?” My eyes were glued to his lips, which were so close to mine. I gasped again as I felt his hands start to tickle me again. “No sorry! I meant hot, y, beautiful, amazing!” I gasped out what I really thought of him. He of course thought I was joking as he started laughing and fell onto his back.

“That’s what I thought.” He chuckled. No, that’s what I thought. I lay down next to him again as I tried to calm my erratic breathing down. A thought crossed my mind as I turned to look at Kris. I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to kiss me again… I was snapped out of that thought when Kris gave a contented sigh. “It must be nice growing up in a place like this right? It’s so grand and beautiful.”

“You think this is grand? You should see my parent’s house. It’s like ten times as ‘grand’ as this.” I scoffed. “But then again, they’ve always been super flashy about their money.” I frowned, bitter about the fact that their pursuit of money is what had led to the terrible relationship between us kids and our parents. The reason we had never been a normal family. It seemed, however, that Kris misunderstood my words as me showing off about the wealth my family possessed.

“It must be fun being a rich kid, huh?” He asked. I looked up at the stars and chuckled.

“That would depend on our definitions of fun.” I told him.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean… I come from a rich family but to me… it’s all meaningless. My parents have always been busy running business, making money, getting rich… but they never had time for me and my brother. They would come back from business trips in different corners of the world, and bring us back expensive gifts, but if we ever needed a cuddle or an encouraging word from them, that’s something they didn’t have time for.

“To them, success is the only thing that matters, and success, in their dictionary, means how much money you have. That’s why we were raised to the highest standards of excellence, so that we can represent them in society, and so that our parents can show off their refined children. Private education, piano lessons, dance lessons, sport lessons, cooking lessons…anything you can possibly think of, we will have some sort of talent in it.”

I turned to look at him after letting my frustration out. “That’s their definition of success. But my definition of success is how happy a life you’ve spent. I would give all this up,” I waved around at the wealth around me, “If it meant that I could live a normal life, with parents who actually had the time for me and my brother. Who actually showed they care. Money doesn’t mean a thing to me.”

“So you would let all of this go?” Kris asked, motioning to the place we were in.

“Well, not this place, but that’s because it holds meaning and memories for me. I would gladly let go of my parents place though.” I pouted.

Kris chuckled at my expression. “You constantly surprise me, Sirrah.”

“Surprise you? With what?” I asked, confused.

“Your personality, your thoughts…every time I find out something new about you, it’s different from other people…and I like it.” I blushed at his compliment. “But it’s a shame your parents don’t hold the same mind-set as you.” He commented.

“Yeah. Our ideals are different, I guess that’s why we don’t talk anymore.” I let out a heavy sigh.

“You don’t?” He turned to me with wide eyes.

“Nope,” I shook my head. “I haven’t spoken to them since they moved to Spain, except for on my grandma’s funeral.”

Kris’ eyes only got wider. “Y-you...you said you had a younger sister, who was younger than Yerin?”

“Yup, I’ve never met her.” I smiled sadly. “I don’t even know what she looks like.” I turned my face away from him to hide the tear that rolled down my cheek. Why am I even telling him all this? I wasn’t the type to share my woes with others; I kept them locked deep inside me. But with Kris, it was so easy to let down those barriers and let everything out. Kris leaned over and turned my face towards him.

“How is that even possible?” He asked, wiping the tear off my skin.

I chuckled bitterly. “My parents won’t let me see her.”

I saw anger flash across his eyes. “Why would they do something like that?”

“I’m the reason they moved to Spain. They’re not very happy with me.”

“How so?” Kris questioned, trying to understand the situation.

“They wanted me to join the family business with them, like my mother had. I didn’t want to go into the same money-obsessed profession, so I refused. I guess I hacked them off a bit.” I chuckled humourlessly.

“So just because you didn’t join the family business, they left you here and took off to Spain?” He furrowed his eyebrows, the expression on his face making clear how alien the concept was to him.

I nodded. “My parents hold onto this sense of…family pride and duty very strongly. As their child, it is my duty to do as they say and carry on the family business, and by refusing to do so, in their eyes I turned my back on the family. I somehow managed to convince my brother to stay with them and work at the company, that’s why they are still ok with him, even though he didn’t want to do it either.” I sighed. “Well, life can’t be perfect for everyone.”

I smiled at him. “Anyway, enough about me, Mr. Kris. You know plenty about me now, and I still know nothing about you, except that you’re an idol, the leader of EXO-M and can speak four languages.”

“And is your boyfriend.” He grinned at me.

I felt my cheeks heating up. “That too.” I said quietly which made him chuckle. He leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss to my cheek, which caused my breath to hitch in my throat. Here we go again. He grinned at me as he moved back, knowing that I had probably stopped breathing again. He shuffled a few inches away so I could calm down and propped his head up on his arm, while facing me. After a few seconds I cleared my throat and willed my lungs to start working again.

When he was sure I was breathing again, he started talking. “So, what do you want to know?”

I cleared my jumbled thoughts away and pondered about what I wanted to know about him. “What was your life like before you were picked up by SM?”

“Hmmm…” He tapped a finger on his chin. “Well, I started off life as a good-looking baby back on November 6th 1990, in Guangzhou, China.” He smirked at me, and I giggled at his arrogant comment. “Yeah, anyway…” He laughed self-consciously, “I was born into a normal middle-classed family. When I was five, my parents and I moved to Canada, where my maternal grandparents live.”

“You don’t have any siblings?” I asked him.

He shook his head. “Nope, I’m an only child.”

“Didn’t you ever get lonely?”

“Hmmm…I don’t know. I never knew the difference. I had plenty of friends to keep me company, and to be honest, I was a little scared of having a sibling. All my friends would tell me terrible stories about their siblings, so I was kind of glad I didn’t have one.” He chuckled. “Although, I dunno, I think I would have liked a younger sister. But it’s kind of too late for that.” He looked around awkwardly.

“It’s never too late! My mum just had another one, nineteen years after her last one!” I exclaimed. How my mother had managed it, I had no clue. She had always kept herself healthy and fit, but that was still a huge gap between children. I knew the reason my parents had decided to have another child – because my father wanted another son. In fact, he had only wanted two sons, and I had, by mistake, turned out to be female. My mother didn’t believe in abortions, and that’s how I had come to exist. Unfortunately for my father, the same thing had happened once again, and now I had a little sister.

“How old is your mom?” Kris asked.

“Uh…she’s 40.” I told him.

“My mum’s only a couple of years older than that.”

“So, it could still happen.” I commented.

“Nah, it wouldn’t. Firstly because, I doubt my mom wants to go through that at her current age, and I don’t think she would want to get with someone else now.” He explained.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “With someone else?” Why would she have to get with someone else?

“My mom and dad are divorced.”  He said quietly.

“Oh… I’m sorry.” I said, finding it a shame that he had to go through tough times too.

“Yeah,” He chuckled humourlessly. “You’re not the only one with messed up family dynamics. When I was 9, my mom found out that my dad had been cheating on her, and it had been going on for quite a while. He had distanced himself from us over the last year my parents were together, coming home drunk, spewing abuse at my mom and I, trashing the house... that kind of stuff. My mom stayed with him for a year after she found out about him cheating, trying to patch together her breaking marriage, but it was futile. My dad didn’t want to stay with her anymore, so eventually she filed for a divorce. My dad moved back to China after that, with his new girlfriend.

“We never heard from him after that. I hated him for what he put my mom through, but at the same time, it was a bit of a blow for me to not have a father around anymore. Then five years later, one day out of the blue, he called. He told Mom that he wanted to see me, and asked her to send me to China. She didn’t want to let me go, neither did I want to go without her, but he managed to convince her that, as my father, he had some rights over me too. So I went eventually.” He sighed and turned around onto his back.

“I stayed in China with my dad for a year. I was just a tiny bit excited at first, but I quickly realised that it was nothing how I had expected. Just after a couple of weeks, I hated it there. My dad had already enrolled me at the local school, but he wouldn’t be at home most of the time, since he would be working during the day, and then go out in the evenings. That would leave me alone with his girlfriend at home for the whole day, with nothing to do, and no one to talk to, since the woman was simply a lost plot trying to live off of my dad’s expenses. The odd time that he would take me out with him, it still wouldn’t be any fun, because we wouldn’t have much to talk about, and it would be plain awkward.

“And then his girlfriend decided that since my dad wasn’t at home during the day, she could entertain herself with me.” He scoffed in disgust. “She tried to seduce me quite a few times, using pathetic excuses to get closer to me; although I made it clear to her that I wanted her to stay the hell away from me. When things got to be a bit too much, I decided to tell my dad about her. But she decided to throw an emotional fit, crying about how I was lying, and was trying to poison my dad’s mind against her. And my dad believed her. He would then take the opportunity to look down on me whenever he could. I was shocked he believed that woman over his own son. Overall, it just dropped him to an even lower level in my eyes. Either way, I somehow managed to survive through that year, visiting my mom during the holidays. But as soon as the year was over, I ran from there back to my mom.”

“That’s when you changed your name?” I asked him tentatively.

He nodded. “Yeah, I was born named Li Jiaheng, or Kevin Li, but I didn’t want anything to do with my dad after I came back to Canada. So since I could legally change my name then, I changed it to Kevin Wu, or in Chinese, Wu Fan, since Wu is my mom’s maiden name.”

I reached out and placed my hand on his arm. “It must have been tough, right?” I asked with a frown.

“It was tough at first, yeah. I was scared that I didn’t have my dad around anymore, and worried that I had to take care of my mom all on my own. But it helped me mature, and become responsible.” He looked down and smiled at me. “Besides, I’m strong like my little girlfriend, so I got over it.” He chuckled, poking my nose. I blushed and looked down.

“I’m not that strong.” I mumbled.

“I wish I could say the same. Look at what you did to Lay’s nose!” He exclaimed.

“That was an accident!” I looked up at him with wide eyes.

He chuckled and shook his head. “I know it was, I’m just joking. What I actually meant was that you're strong in here.” He tapped his finger on my temple.

“Well…I like to think so.” I giggled. I looked into his warm gaze and smiled. I was glad I knew something personal about him now. It brought him down from the level of an idol, to being a normal guy who had gone through problems of his own. “What made you think of becoming an idol?” I asked suddenly, curious as to why he had gone down this path.

“Hmmm…well since my dad wasn’t around anymore, my mom was working really hard to provide for me and her. I wanted to be the one who was looking after her, not the other way round. I tried looking around for jobs, and I actually had quite a few opportunities around, the biggest one being the chance to be a professional basketball player, but I was looking for something bigger than that. Then in 2007, SM held their auditions in Canada, and I thought that was my chance since I liked performing as well.

“I actually auditioned first for acting, and when I got accepted into SM, that’s what I was training for, but spending time with the other trainees, I started developing a liking for rapping…so it kind of just led on from there. It’s a shame they make me dance though, because I don’t like it one bit.” He pouted.

I laughed at his cute expression, a little surprised that even Kris could make a face like that. And it was damn cute. “Well, you still manage to pull it off pretty good.” I complimented him, finding his dancing I had seen so far too hot for words…or maybe that was just him.

“Why, thank you! I do try…” He chuckled.

“You’re welcome.” I smiled.

It was a quiet for a few moments after that. I wasn’t sure how much time Kris and I had spent out here in the garden talking, but I was pretty sure it had been well over an hour. I was surprised at how we had discussed such deep and personally upsetting topics, yet we would still manage to make each other smile the next moment. I smiled as I turned to look at him gazing up at the stars.

“Sirrah?” His voice cut through my thoughts.

“Hmmm?”

“I have…a question to ask you.” He said slowly.

“Sure, ask away.” I encouraged him.

“I want you to answer honestly though, OK?” He turned his head towards me and looked me levelly in the eyes. I gulped at his words. What’s he going to ask me… Oh God, don’t tell me he’s going to ask me if I love him again… Please don’t. I crossed my fingers in hope, even though I didn’t believe in that kind of stuff.

“Uh…depends on what it is you want to know?” I chuckled nervously.

“It’s nothing hard. I just want to know something.” He explained. My heartbeat started to pick up speed. He’s going to ask me… I stayed silent so he carried on speaking. I watched his hand move up to my grandpa’s ring around his neck. I’m doomed. My suspicion had turned into belief by this point. I’m screwed!

“This ring…you told me the meaning behind you giving it to me…” He twirled the ring around between his fingers.

My eyes widened and my head started swimming. I was convinced I was somehow going to end up embarrassing myself in the next couple of seconds.

“Have you ever given it to someone else?” He asked quietly. My breath caught in my throat as he stopped talking. OMG, what am I going to tell him now?!?!?! I started to work myself into a panic, until my brain finally registered what he had said. I looked at him blankly.

“Huh?” I said dumbly.

Kris’ ears turned a light shade of pink and he looked sideways towards the grass. “Have you even given this ring to another man?” His voice was even quieter this time.

My heart started turning to marshmallow at his words. Is he worried that I might have been in love with someone else? My lips tugged up into a small smile. When I didn’t answer, Kris looked back up into my eyes questioningly. What a sweetheart… My smile turned shy as he continued looking at me.

“No… I haven’t. I was saving it for a special someone.” I whispered. But Kris heard me. I could tell from the way his eyes softened and a smile lit up his face. His arms moved forwards and wrapped around me, pulling me towards him until our bodies were touching. He brushed his fingers down my cheek and smiled softly.

“I’m glad to hear that.” He whispered back as he moved his face closer to mine. He’s going to kiss me now… He had already tried to kiss me twice today, and both times I had managed to save myself. You’re probably asking yourselves if I’m mad, but I’m not. It’s not that I didn’t want him to kiss me… I did, but Kris was just too much for me to handle. The last time he had kissed me, he had barely brushed his lips against mine, and just by that, my head had been close to exploding. If he kissed me properly, I doubted I would make it through alive. But I can’t avoid this, can I?

My breathing sped up rapidly as his lips came closer. I prepared myself for my doom. “Relax, Sirrah.” Kris purred quietly, his fingers brushing across my face. I tried to do as he asked, willing my breathing to slow down, and my mind to stop going into overdrive. It’s ok, I’ll make it through this. It was ridiculous how my mind was treating this situation as if I was about to commit suicide or something similar. My eyes started to drift close as Kris’ breath washed over my lips. This is it! And then suddenly I saw something big and fluffy fluttering by Kris’ ear.

HOLY ASKAJHSAKDGJHSDG! I screamed and sprang away from Kris fast as lightening, rolling away and getting to my feet. I didn’t bother checking for Kris’ reaction as I ran out of the garden, squealing in disgust.

“Sirrah?! What’s wrong?” I heard Kris’ voice coming after me.

“MOTH!” I yelled back to him, but kept running, moving onto the path which I forgot was something else I wanted to show him. I heard him groan behind me and his footsteps sped up. Suddenly, his hand wrapped around my arm and pulled me back. I stumbled and fell against him, but he quickly wrapped his arms around me and steadied me. His face turned slightly to the side and he gasped, his eyes growing round.

"What the..." He looked at the ground below us. I followed his gaze to look at the pathway we were standing on. This was the other thing I had wanted to show him.

The ground was glowing with small blue lights, which had always reminded me of a magical path. "How...?" Kris asked, his voice full of awe. I smiled and removed his arms from around me. A good opportunity to get away! 

"Glow-in-the-dark lights." I said, taking a step away. Unfortunately for me, Kris noticed. His arms s around me again and pulled me back to him.

“I’m not going to let you keep getting away from me.” He growled. And with that, he grabbed a hold of my face, upping it between his hands, and crashed his lips against mine. My eyes turned into saucers as our lips connected and my mind completely blanked over. Kris’ eyes were also open and he was watching my face. He moved back a tiny bit, and pressed another small kiss to my lips and then moved back to see what damage had been done. I had long forgotten how to breath, and all I could do was stare up at Kris with wide eyes. He just…he just… My legs started to wobble as a smile grew on his face. It was the most breathtaking smile I had seen from him so far, his eyes turning into crescents in happiness. Dead…

I started to sink down onto the floor, but Kris swiftly caught me and pulled me against his body. He smirked down at me. “I’m not done with you yet.” He tilted my head up and he kissed me again. This time the kiss was softer, but more passionate as he closed his eyes started to move his lips against mine, forcing my own to move along with his. I would have done something, but I felt paralyzed. My mind refused to work and only concentrated on the sensations that Kris was currently inflicting upon me, making me feel like I was floating.

But his arms were wrapped securely around me, holding me tightly against him, making sure I couldn’t get away from him. My whole body was on fire from his kiss. My skin was tingling all over, little sparks of electricity flying through my whole being. His mouth moved across mine, pressing small kisses all over my lips while all I could was stand and watch, completely in his control. I felt his arms loosen around me, and his hands move down my sides. His fingers traced along the hem of my shirt, and then slipped under them, brushing and stoking across the bare skin of my hips. His fingers were cold, but they left a trail of fire behind as they moved. A gasp of surprise erupted from my mouth as sparks exploded inside my head. I had never allowed anyone to touch me like this before.

As my mouth opened, Kris swiped his tongue across my bottom lip, and then pulled it into his mouth while his fingers still roamed over my skin. His teeth scraped across my lip. My mind had completely hazed over by this point. He tugged on my bottom lip with his teeth and then released it, pressing his lips fully against mine, and running his tongue alone them. And then suddenly a shrill noise cut through the air.

Kris froze, his lips still glued to mine. His eyes opened, and there was shock written all over his face. He moved back slowly, taking his hands off of me. He closed his eyes as he reached into his jacket pocket, and pulled out his ringing phone. His eyes widened as he saw the screen. He swiped his finger across the screen and with a shaking hand, put the phone to his ear.

“Ch-Chanyeol…?”

He choked over the name…just as I passed out.


Please forgive me if there are any mistakes in this...i havent checked it because im way too tired to do that now, but i just wanted to get this chapter out to you guys before i hit the sack. Sorry if it took long...there was just so much to put into this chapter, and i had to plan it out carefully so it flowed smoothly. ELEVEN PAGES OF EFFORT!

Happy taimes and sad taimes...This was a necessary chapter so that Sirrah and Kris could get to know eachother better.

Note: I made the thing about Kris' past up...i dont really know what happened, or why he changed his name.

Anyway, i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and the little y-sirris-time at the end lol. As you can see, Chanyeol ed at an epic time. Dont hate on him though guys! He saved Sirrah's life!!! =P

I had more things to say...but frankly i forgot, and my head is shutting down lol...so goodnight! <3

i should ask someone to make me a new poster... ¬.¬ mine ...