Ambush

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ENJOY 


 

 

Why is it so dark in here? Where are EXO? I stepped quietly into the apartment, while Zara stayed by the door, too scared to come inside. What if someone broke in? I heard a shuffling sound, and I whirled around to where I thought it came from.

“, what the hell was that?!” Zara whispered. I peered into the darkness but I couldn’t see anything. I knew better than anyone else that anything could happen when you were least expecting it, but for some reason, I wasn’t scared at all – just confused.

“Hello? Is anyone here?” I called out. There was only silence. What the hell is going on? “Ok, seriously, this is just stupid.”

“Sirrah, be quiet! What if there’s a murderer in there?” Zara whispered from the door again.

“Yeah, well then he can come the hell out. Where’s the light switch?” I moved towards the door again, my heeled boots clicking against the marble floor loudly in the silence. I reached the switch and was just about to flick it when suddenly, the front door slammed shut with a loud bang – Zara being closed outside with a scream. At the same time, my feet were swept out from under me and I fell onto the floor on my back. What the hell?! I still couldn’t see anything. I heard more shuffling around me, and I could make out pitch black shapes moving in the darkness around me as my eyes adjusted to the lack of light. I could hear Zara banging on the door outside and calling my name frantically.

I was about to get back onto my feet when I felt hands wrapping around my ankles, and then abruptly, I was pulled down the corridor towards Kris and Lu Han’s room. , maybe there really is something wrong here! I still wasn’t panicking, but I was starting to get scared. I was dragged into the last bedroom and more shadows gathered around me. Someone leaned in closed to my face and hissed. I turned my face away. What do I do? I had realised that none of them were touching me. So what do they want? As soon as the thought appeared in my head, I was yanked up off the floor and big arms wrapped around me from behind. No…no no no no…not again! I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, trying to think straight.

“Hey there, hot stuff.” A voice whispered hoarsely in my ear. Oh lord… I opened my eyes and there was a shadow moving in front of my face. There is no way I’m letting any of you do anything. Since the guy who was holding me had his arms around my waist, my arms were free to roam around. I swung my right arm backwards and then pushed it forwards, my fist connecting with what I thought was the face. I knew I had guessed right when I felt my knuckles smash into the bridge of a nose. The guy yelped and fell backwards.

“Ah, ssibal!” He cried. Ssibal? Korean? Hold on…I know that voice.

“Awww crap, someone turn on the light!” Someone else yelled in Korean.

Suddenly the lights flickered on. I squinted in the sudden brightness.

“Yah, are you ok?” Multiple voices moved around me. I slowly opened my eyes. Lay was sitting on the floor clutching his nose while some of the other boys crowded around him. I turned my head to look behind me. Kris was the one holding me from behind. His arms were still around my waist, but he was peering over my shoulder to see what had happened to Lay. I glared down at the rest of the boys. Lay moved his hand away from his nose and blood dripped down from it.

“Bloody hell, you really pack a punch, don’t you?” He groaned, looking up at me.

“I should have held her arms down too.” Kris said behind me and the other boys laughed. Lu Han ran out of the room and came back with wet tissues.

“Here, put this under your nose.” He said, handing the wad to him, and then he turned around to me. “Did we scare you, mei-mei?” He grinned. I stared at him blankly.

“Do I look scared?” I said.

“Nope.” Kai said from the floor.

“Awww, then Yixing hyung got punched for nothing!” Sehun giggled from next to him. I glared at them all. They think this is funny? I pushed Kris’ arms from around me and stomped off.

“Sirrah! Hold on!” He said following me. “Where are you going?” He asked.  I didn’t answer him. I walked into the kitchen, and opened the freezer. I pulled out a rack of ice-cubes and then walked into the bathroom next. Kris followed me there too. I emptied the ice-cubes into the towel and wrapped it around them, and threw the empty rack at Kris, who caught it awkwardly. I walked back into Kris and Lu Han’s room and held the make-shift ice pack out to Lay.

“What is that?” He asked.

“Ice. Put it on your nose.” I said, my voice as cold as the ice I was giving him. His eyes widened but he took it without question. He placed it on his nose, and then winced at the pain. I was on the verge of crying now, so I spun around and walked back out of the room. Kris followed me again.

“Where are you going now?” He asked. Again, I didn’t answer him. I walked to the front door, and pulled it open. Zara was on the phone, crying frantically into it when I stepped outside. She turned around, and dropped the phone when she saw me. She rushed up to me, giving me a once-over to see if I had been injured.

“Sirrah! What happened?!” She yelled. She stopped talking when Kris, Lu Han, Kai and Tao walked out behind me. “What the…” She trailed off.

“Sirrah, where are you going?” Lu Han asked.

“Home.” I said and started walking away.

“Looks like we shook her up pretty badly.” Kai mumbled. You idiots…you don’t even get it… Someone grabbed my wrist and I was spun around. Kris looked down at me with a frown.

“Did we scare you that much?” He asked. I knew I would start crying if I opened my mouth so I tried to pull my wrist out of his grip, but I couldn’t – his hold was too strong. He watched me struggle. “Sirrah…it’s ok, it was just a joke.” He said again. That did it.

“No it’s not a joke, Kris! What were you guys thinking? Lay’s hurt because of me now! What if I had hurt someone else as well?” I yelled at him, the tears finally spilling over. Great, this is the second time I’ve cried in front of him. But I couldn’t help myself. I felt awful for hurting Lay. What if I had hurt him seriously? Already the guilt was eating me up, knowing I had hurt someone I care about. But EXO had misunderstood my reaction for fear.

“That’s what’s bothering you?” Kris asked, dumbfounded. I didn’t answer him, but turned my face away from him and covered it with my free arm so he wouldn’t see me crying. “Oh God…” Kris whispered, and then pulled me towards himself, wrapping his arms tightly around me. I had initially been trying to get away from him, but his arms felt so comforting around me, and I buried my face into his chest. Upon seeing that I was crying, the boys and Zara rushed up and crowded around me.

“Omo! Noona, you’re crying?!” Kai asked.

“Are you ok, mei-mei?” Lu Han asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

“Jie-jie, we didn’t mean to scare you that much!” Tao exclaimed.

“She’s not scared.” Kris told them.

“Huh?” Kai’s voice.

“What happened?” Zara asked.

“She’s upset that she hurt Yixing.” Kris told them quietly.

“That’s why she’s crying?” Lu Han asked.

“Yeah,” Kris answered. Nobody spoke for a few moments and the quiet sounds of my sniffling filled the air.

“Oh God…how cute can one person get? I thought you were scared! I would have been happy about punching Yixing if he had done that to me, and you’re crying about it?!” Lu Han exclaimed. I heard the other two laughing behind him and then felt someone ruffle my hair. Kris leaned down and put his head on top of mine.

“So adorable.” He whispered by my ear. The fact that I was crying didn’t stop the butterflies from attacking my stomach. I pulled back and looked up at Kris.

“I hate you guys.” I mumbled, looking away.

“I’m sorry.” Kris whispered. He cupped my face, forcing me to look up at him. He brushed his thumbs across my cheeks on either side, wiping my tears away. “Don’t cry.” He said. I completely forgot that there were people around us as Kris stared down at me. There was so much affection and concern in his eyes, it took my breath away and made me weak in the knees.

“Ahem.” Someone loudly cleared there throat. Kris broke away from me and I turned to look at the others. …they just saw all that. Lu Han, Tao and Zara were staring at us with wide eyes, while Kai was looking around in embarrassment.

“Uhhh…” Zara tried to clear up the sudden awkward atmosphere. “You guys are lucky you let Sirrah out when you did. I was about to call the police.” She informed them.

“What?!” Kai yelled.

“Yeah…” She gave him a stern look.

“Wow…we would have been in some serious trouble.” Lu Han laughed nervously.

“Yes, you would have. I got so scared – cuz’ honestly, things like this aren’t rare around here. I mean of course every place has their fair share of crimes, but it’s just crazy here…” She told them. They looked around solemnly.

“Ok, I guess it was a bad idea.” Lu Han mumbled.

“Whose plan was it anyway?” Zara asked.

“Kai-” Tao started.

“It was a joint decision!” Kai yelled over him. I scowled at him.  “Ok, I’m sorry! I wasn’t thinking!” He cowered away.

“Ok, well let’s go inside.” Kris said. He took my arm and followed the others into the apartment. When we stepped inside, Lay was coming out of the room with the ice pack on his nose. He moved it away, and we were greeted by a nasty sight. There was still some blood encrusted around his nose, the skin was turning a blue and red colour and swelling up. I stood there stunned as I stared at him in shock. What have I done to his face…?

“What’s wrong?” Lay asked as he saw my face. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from crying again. I ruined his pretty face. Lay looked at the boys behind me with a questioning look then back at me. “What?” He asked again.

“I’m sorry…” I mumbled as a fresh wave of tears spilled down my cheeks. Lay’s eyes widened and then he stepped forward and pulled me into his arms. “I’m so sorry.” I mumbled into his shirt.

“She’s so cute!” I heard Chanyeol say to someone behind me. What the hell is so cute about my ugly, crying face?

I felt Lay’s chest vibrating as he laughed. He rubbed my back as he spoke. “Hey, it’s ok. I scared you so I deserved it. Besides it will be ok soon.” He said.

“Your nose is swollen though, and all that bruising…” I mumbled again.

“Luckily, we wear so much makeup that the bruises will be covered up easily, and the swelling should be down by tomorrow if I keep the ice on, right?” He said. I nodded although I still felt horrible. “You really pack a solid punch for someone your size though.” He laughed. I stepped out of his embrace and pouted at him. I was feeling sorry enough that I didn’t say anything about the ‘size’ comment.

“Careful, hyung…you don’t want to say anything about the size or she’ll probably punch you again and break your nose for good this time.” Baekhyun chuckled from behind me. I turned around and glared at him, and he stopped laughing.

“Sorry.” I said again, turning back to Lay.

He patted my head. “It’s ok. At least I got a cuddle with you out of it.” He grinned although it looked weird with his bloated nose.

I rolled my eyes but smiled. “Byeontae.” Once a ert, always a ert.

He chuckled. “At least I made you smile again. Now! Shall we get to the highlight of the evening?”

“Wasn’t you getting punched already the highlight?” Xiu Min said. Lay narrowed his eyes at him and Xiu Min grinned back.

“What are we going to do?” Zara asked.

“We are…having a games night!” Suho declared.

“Games night?” I asked.

“Indeed. Prepare to have yourselves humiliated this fine night, my friends!” Lu Han grinned evilly.

Oh dear…



 

Wow...so things got a little serious eh? 

Now theyre going to be playing games in the next chapter....luhan expects everyone to humiliate themselves? What does he have in store for them? O_O

Anyway, thank you to everyone who commented ^^ and also a huge thanks to my new subbies!! 

Anyone who hasnt subbed ---> FOLLOW THEIR LEAD AND SUBSCRIBE TOO! i will give you cookies! although i ran out...

Now goodnight ^^