Kidnapped

Meeting By Coincidence

 

How long were they going to make me stand out here in the rain? I obviously didn’t knock on the wrong door since Kai had opened it, and by the amount of noise coming through the door, the rest were in there too. I was starting to shiver now from the cold. It was mid-March so the wintery weather still wasn’t over completely and my leather jacket wasn’t doing a very good job of keeping me dry. I knocked again. I waited a minute more and then gave up, putting the box in my hand into my bag. I turned around to go when I heard a noise behind me and suddenly big hands were grabbing me. Oh God! I’m being KIDNAPPED! *gasp* I screamed but a hand smothered my face. There was only one way out of this. I opened my mouth as much as I could and took a chunk out of their finger…well, at least I tried to. I heard the person yell in pain behind me.

Next thing I knew, I was being pulled in through a door which slammed shut in front of me. I was turned around and pushed into a wall – not a very comfortable one, might I add. I looked up at my kidnapper. My neck was at an abnormal angle in my attempt to look at his face… So tall. I was pretty sure that was not an appropriate thing to think at that time but I couldn’t help it. He pulled down my hood and I blinked in the sudden brightness. And then I realised who it was… Dear Lord. He looked at me with a shocked expression.

“Station girl?” Kris' expression darkened. So he hadn’t realised it was me before? Who did he think it had been? I shuddered at the thought of him just grabbing any poor girl like that. “Have you alerted all your fan friends? How many are coming?” He asked. If looks could kill, I would be dead right now. “Well?” He pressed. I gulped and started stuttering.

“I…I…I swear I didn’t tell anyone! I only came to give your phone back!” I told him.

He moved closer and looked at me menacingly. His voice sounded very scary when he spoke next. “You sure about that?” I tried to move back but I touched the wall and Kris was blocking my way from the front. I turned my head and looked into the main room. There were eight stunning boys staring at me and Kris with their mouths hanging open. How can this be happening? I thought. I was shivering – not all of it because of the cold. I wondered what Kris was going to do to me because he clearly didn’t believe me. I tried to tell him again that no one else knew where they were. He looked back at me.

“We will see about that.” He said and turned around, leading me into the room by my arm. That’s when he realised I was shaking. He looked down at me and his face softened a bit. “Are you ok?” he asked me, with a concerned voice. I didn’t answer him. I was breathing rapidly. I didn’t think they would do anything to me, but Kris had scared me, so I couldn’t be sure.

“Guys, make some space.” I heard him say to the boys sitting on the long sofa, in Korean. They scooted over, in two directions and made a space between Se Hun on one side and Lay, Tao and Chanyeol on the other. He turned around to me. “Sit down.” He said in English.

I swallowed hard. “I’m fine! I’ll just give you your phone and lea- ” I said while turning around but i was cut off. Kris caught me around the waist and pushed me onto the sofa. I squealed and fell in between the boys.

“Sorry, but until I’m sure you haven’t got more of your fan friends turning up, you’re not leaving.” He told me. I frowned. How was I supposed to make him understand that I hadn’t told anyone? There was an awkward silence in the room. I looked at the two guys sitting on either side of me. Lay gave me a small smile and Se Hun immediately looked away. All the other eyes in the room were on me too. Kris came and sat down on a single sofa opposite from me. “Kai, put this stuff back where it was, since you made all this mess.”

Kai sighed but nodded.

“In fact,” he said looking at where my eyes were. “Go and put on a shirt before you do that.” I blushed and looked down. I put my head down on my knees and wrapped my arms around my legs. It was so cold! It didn’t seem like they had the heating on in this place. Slowly, conversation started up around me, since I wasn’t saying anything. However, they started talking about me. I had spoken Korean in front of Kris yesterday, but I realised that he thought that was the extent of my knowledge and no one else suspected it either. I could understand everything they were saying.

“Hyung…why did you bring her in here?” Suho asked him. “Is it safe to do so? You basically kidnapped her.”

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to do anything to her…what kind of person do you think I am? If no one turns up, I’ll let her leave.” Kris said.

“And what if someone else does come?” Lay asked. I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye.

“I don’t know. I’ll think of something.” Kris replied. I had relaxed a little after hearing what Kris had said, but I tensed up again at ‘I’ll think of something’. I was doomed.

“She’s kind of pretty, don’t you think?” Someone said, I didn’t recognise the voice. I was shocked, but I didn’t look up to see who had said it. It would probably give away that I could understand them, and I was embarrassed enough already as it was. No one answered him, I was grateful. I probably would have died. Suddenly, Kai’s voice came drifting to us from one of the corridors.

“Yah! Who left their underwear in the bathroom here?!” Oh. My. God. I blushed furiously but thankfully no one saw since my head was down. Someone scurried off in his direction. I assumed to go hide their possession.

“Did you bring my phone?” Kris asked me in English. I looked up at him and nodded. I reached down to my bag and pulled out a little gift box. It wasn’t anything fancy but I thought it would be more protected this way rather than tumbling around in my bag. I extended the box towards him. He raised an eyebrow and took it out of my hands. All eyes were on him now. He opened the box, and I saw his eyes widen a little. He pulled the phone out and twisted it in his hand. Se Hun jumped up from beside me and ran to his side.

“Yah, hyung, let me see!” He was excited like a little kid. I felt a little smile crawl onto my face. It seemed Kris hadn’t told them what was going on, and Se Hun thought Kris was getting a present. “Wah! It’s pretty! But this is the same as the phone you have?” he asked, confused. Kris looked away from him and at me.

“Is that really my phone?” He asked. My mouth fell open. How could one person be so suspicious? I collected myself and answered him.

“Of course it’s your phone. Who else’s would it be?” I asked him, dumbfounded by his question. “You can check…” I told him. He asked for the phone back which was currently in Lay’s hands. He handed it back to Kris. Kris turned the phone on and browsed through it.

While he was looking through it, Lu Han and Xiu Min appeared from what seemed to be the kitchen. Lu Han had a lollypop in his mouth and I couldn’t help but admire his cuteness even in my current state of mind. They both saw me and froze. “Yah, Kris, what’s this?” Xiu Min asked. Lu Han studied me carefully. Kris was filling Xiu Min in on the situation when suddenly Lu Han seemed to have an epiphany.

“Oh!” He yelled. “It’s the girl we saw at the station yesterday!” Lu Han exclaimed. Kris confirmed that. Lu Han crouched down in front of me and smiled. “Annyeong.” He said. My heart skipped a beat. So pretty! He didn’t look like he had any makeup on and still his skin was glowing. My bottom lip quivered and I bit down on it. Why was he being so nice, while Kris was bullying me? It confused me. Lu Han frowned and stood up, turning around to Kris.

“Yah, Kris, she looks scared.” Lu Han said to him, in Korean.

“She’s got no reason to be,” He replied stretching to the side to look at me from behind Lu Han. I looked down.

“Why is she here, hyung?” Kai asked, coming into the room while pulling a shirt over his head. He smiled at me. They really needed to stop doing that.

“She came to return my phone which I dropped in the station yesterday.” Kris told him.

“So why are you not letting her leave? Are you friends?” Chen asked.

“No, we are not. I have to make sure she didn’t tell anyone else our address.”

“She doesn’t seem like she would have.” Lu Han said.

“Well, I have to make sure, ok? Do you guys really want to be attacked by fans when we go out in the morning? You know there’s a reason we didn’t officially announce we are here in London.” Kris said frustrated. Lu Han frowned but went back into the kitchen taking Xiu Min with him. I was still shivering and I wrapped my arms around myself again. Lay got up from next to me and disappeared into another corridor. That left only Tao and Chanyeol on the sofa with me. A few minutes later I felt something being draped over my shoulders. I looked up to see Lay smiling at me as he put a blanket around me. He must have realised I was wet and cold. He sat down next to me again and continued with whatever he was doing on the laptop. I heard a sigh and looked up to see Kris looking away.

I wrapped the blanket around me tightly and sat there silently waiting for when Kris would let me out of here. I would have thought I would be happy to stay with them if I ever found EXO but right now, all I wanted to do was go home, crawl into bed and sulk. The boys went back to what they were doing before I had come in - since it was clear to them I wasn’t going away until Kris wanted me to. I observed all their behaviours and how they interacted with one another. They all really did seem close and clearly had fun in each other’s company. They seemed a little down-toned due to a strange girl being in the house but they more or less tried to ignore me. I looked at my watch, it was five to ten. I sighed, and Kris looked up at me. I kept my gaze away from his.

What struck me the most was the fact that no one had tried to argue with Kris. He wasn’t the oldest; I knew Lu Han and Xui Min were older than him but there was something authoritative about him that made everyone accept what he said. No wonder he had been made EXO-M’s leader. I sat there for a little while longer, lost in thought when Xiu Min came and crouched in front of me. They all seemed to be doing that. Was I really that short? He held out a cup to me, and I took it out of his hands. I looked down at the steaming brown liquid.

“Chocolate.” Xiu Min said to me, in English, but tainted with a heavy Korean accent, and smiled. My lip started quivering again and I sniffed. Slowly, he took my other hand in his – the one that wasn’t holding the cup - and rubbed it gently. His hand was so warm, and it felt nice. I looked up at him.

“I promise I didn’t tell anyone. I just came to give Kris’ phone back.” I said to him, speaking in fluent Korean. Every set of eyes in the room turned towards me. Xiu Min’s mouth fell open.

“You can speak Korean?” He asked, shocked. I nodded quickly in answer. He looked back at Kris, who looked just as surprised.

“Why didn’t you say so before?” Kris asked me in Korean

“There wasn’t any need.” I replied back. Kris sighed. “I returned your phone, like I said I would. Can I go home now?” I asked him. He looked at me with unfathomable eyes for a minute. Everyone could see the tension between us. Kris then got up and went towards the door. He looked through the peep-hole.

“Is anyone there, ge ge?” Tao asked, in Korean. Kris turned around slowly.

“No, there isn’t. I guess you can go…” he said looking at me.

I stood up and took the blanket off of me. I folded it and put it next to Lay, who looked up at me. “Thank you.” I told him and smiled at him. He told me I was welcome. I picked up my bag and put it over my shoulder, when Lu Han came out of the kitchen, carrying a big tray of food which he placed on the long coffee table yelling ‘dinnnnnnnerr!’. I handed my cup of hot chocolate to Xiu Min. “Sorry, I didn’t drink it. That was kind of you.” I said to him. Lu Han turned his head towards me.

“Oh! You speak fluent Korean?” He said, standing up. I nodded. “I heard you speaking some at the station yesterday but I didn’t think you were this good.” He smiled at me. He still had the lollypop in his mouth. Ahhh, someone help me! He was too cute for his own good.

“Thank you.” I said, smiling back at him. I started to make my way to the door when Lu Han called out to me.

“Are you not staying for dinner?” He asked. I looked back at him, shocked.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5 for you! Sorry it took so long to write...enjoy ^^ Again i ask, please subscribe and leave comments on what you think. Its important for me to know whether you guys like it so i know if i should carry on or not. Happy reading! <3