Perfect

Meeting By Coincidence

 

ENJOY! <3


 

 

Did he just call me…beautiful?

I slowly turned around, with my heart hammering in my chest, but when I faced the other way, Kris was nowhere to be seen. Where did he go?

“Over here.” I turned to my right to see Kris standing against a fence in the shade, smiling at me with Yerin in his arms. I swear my heart gave one painful thump and then stopped beating completely. He looked so breathtaking, standing there gazing at me. Can someone as divine as him really think I’m beautiful? My mind refused to believe it, yet my heart wanted so badly for it to be true. They were both just as powerful and I was left wavering in the middle. Kris lifted a single finger, and curled it, beckoning me towards himself.

My feet pulled me in his direction without my permission and my cheeks flared up as I came to a stop in front of him; crippling shyness was coursing through me and I had to fight the urge to curl in on myself – still my face dropped downwards, unable to meet his eyes. What is happening to me? It wasn’t hard for me to get shy, but it had never happened to this extent.

Kris reached out an arm and his huge hand cupped my face, tilting it upwards and forcing me to meet his gaze. My skin was on fire under his touch. My eyes roamed all around his face, taking in the details – his dark, smouldering eyes; his perfectly sculpted nose; his flawless, porcelain skin and those soft, plump lips that just begged to be kissed. And then Kris slowly moved forwards and started leaning down towards me. My mind went completely blank and I stopped breathing. He’s going to kiss me…again? I closed my eyes, waiting to feel his lips on mine.

Yerin sneezed and my eyes snapped open. Kris leaned away from me. Or maybe not… The spell was broken, but a warm, fuzzy feeling was spreading its way through me. I was lightheaded and it almost felt as if my whole body was floating into heaven itself.

Is this what falling in love feels like?

KRIS’ POV

I knew my eyes were wide as I looked at the little girl in my arms. Why…? Yerin-ah…don’t you want your ‘mommy and daddy’ to be happy? I sighed. Will it ever be just me and her without any interruptions? I’m never going to get a chance to tell her like this… I looked down at Sirrah. She looked up at me with twinkling eyes and giggled – I knew she was thinking the same thing as me. I smiled down at her despite the interference. She dragged her eyes away from me and looked at Yerin, who was rubbing her eyes. She smiled and stepped forwards, taking her out of my arms.

“Aigoo~ you’re going to catch a cold like this. Let’s put your jacket on.” Sirrah said, putting Yerin down in her pram. She pulled out a small, pink jacket out of Yerin’s baby bag, and put it on her. She turned around to me with a small smile. “Shall we go?” I nodded to her. We had been walking for a few minutes, when Yerin started crying and squirming around in her pram. “What’s wrong, Yerin?” Sirrah asked her. She carried on squirming around. She looked as if she wanted to escape.

“Maybe she wants to get out of the pram.” I told Sirrah. She looked up at me, and then down at Yerin. She held her hands out and Yerin immediately grabbed onto them, pulling herself forwards. Sirrah laughed and picked her out of the pram.

“You’re good with kids.” She turned around to me. I just shrugged and thanked her. I hadn’t had a lot of experience with kids but I was somehow just naturally good with them. Sirrah put Yerin on the floor and gave her a finger to hold onto. She looked up and held her other tiny hand out to me. I had to bend down a bit but I smiled and let her grasp my finger, so that she was now toddling between us. Yerin giggled and I looked at Sirrah, who smiled back with sparkling eyes. I could tell she was happy. We went on a few more rides with Yerin and then carried on walking to nowhere in particular, swinging the toddler between us. Every time she was lifted off the floor, she would shriek with laughter, and Sirrah and I would find ourselves laughing along with her. We were doing just that when we heard a voice behind us.

“Oh, noona!~” We turned around to see Kai running towards us, with the rest of EXO and the staff behind him. Well, that’s the end of our alone time… “Annyeong, Yerinnie!” Kai waved at her.

“Well, well, well…what do we have here?” Lu Han said, coming up behind Kai. “Don’t you three look adorable? A little happy family!” He gushed. He flashed me a wry look.

“You’re right, hyung! They do!” Sehun snickered behind him. I rolled my eyes. They were totally ruining our moment.

“I missed you, Sirrie!” Chanyeol’s loud voice boomed over the others, as he slung an arm over Sirrah’s shoulders and nuzzled her head with his own.  I didn’t miss you at all, Chanyeol. I tried to keep my jealousy in control and sighed. Lu Han was sending death glares towards Chanyeol on my behalf. I bit back my laughter.

“I missed you guys too, Channie.” Sirrah smiled up at him. I was relieved she had said ‘you guys’ instead of just ‘you’. Chanyeol didn’t seem to notice the difference though, and his grin grew impossibly wider. Suddenly, Yerin started crying. I looked down at her, wondering what had happened.

“Awww, Yerin, what happened?!” Lu Han went towards her and held his arms out but she moved away from him and hid behind my leg, tugging on my jeans. I smiled and picked her tiny body up, my hands wrapping completely around her small torso. Lu Han frowned at me. “What did you do to her? You’ve bewitched her! She didn’t even like you before!” He exclaimed. I chuckled at him.

“What can I say? The ladies just dig me, man.” I grinned at him, and looked side-ways at Sirrah. She caught my eye and blushed. Lu Han noticed the small interaction.

“Ohhh, is that so, Kris? I see you’ve been using your time wisely.” He smirked. I narrowed my eyes at him, telling him that it was time for him to shut up now. He got the message and laughed, putting up his hands in surrender. Yerin yawned sleepily and put her head down on my shoulder, snuggling against my neck. I froze.

I was surprised by the warm feeling that was swelling in my heart. It was love…but a different kind of love to the one I felt with Sirrah. It was a fatherly feeling, which I hadn’t ever felt before. I felt my insides slowly turning to mush and I hugged Yerin closer, cradling her against me.

“Looks like gege’s in love.” Tao giggled. The rest all looked at me and laughed along but I didn’t pay them any attention. Sirrah smiled and moved forwards.

“She’s tired.” She said softly, putting Yerin’s blanket over her back. “Should I put her in her pram?” She asked.

I shook my head. “I’ll carry her.” She smiled and nodded. I turned to Lu Han. “Take a picture of us, please.” Lu Han looked amused but complied. He took his phone out and snapped a picture. I took my phone out as well and gave it to him. He lifted my phone up to take a second picture but stopped. He looked at Sirrah. He’s plotting something again. He turned to Tao, and pointedly looked towards Sirrah and then me. Does he not realise I can see what he’s doing? Tao looked confused at first, but Lu Han shook my phone in the air, and he seemed to understand. He walked towards Sirrah, whisking her away from Chanyeol, and walked her towards me.

“Let’s take a picture, jie-jie!” He said to her, quietly enough so that Chanyeol behind him couldn’t hear. Sirrah smiled and nodded. Tao led her over to me and placed her right next to me. A huge grin spread across Lu Han’s face. He gave Tao another meaningful stare.

“Oh! I forgot something!” Tao yelled and ran towards Daesuk hyung, who had his bag, leaving me and Sirrah standing there. I had to admit, Lu Han was pretty efficient at pulling off these little tricks of his. I laughed at his scheming. He’s even got Tao involved... Sirrah turned her face towards me at the noise, wondering what had happened. She ended up laughing along, whether at me, or just in confusion, I didn’t know. I looked down at her angelic face, and Lu Han chose that as the perfect moment to capture the picture.

“PERFECT!” Lu Han yelled, grinning widely. He seemed to be very proud of himself. Sirrah looked at him with a shocked expression.

“You already took it? You didn’t even count! And Tao wasn’t even in it!” She exclaimed.

“That was the whole point, mei-mei!” He said to her in Mandarin. Sirrah obviously didn’t understand a word of it, and looked at him with a confused expression. I couldn’t help but laugh at her cuteness.

“What did you say?” She asked him with a pout.

“Mehrong~.” Lu Han stuck his tongue out at her, and busied himself with my phone.

“Never mind… well are you guys done, or do you still have more rides to get?” Sirrah asked, turning around to the others.

“There’s still an hour left till the park closes but they stopped letting people into the queues.” Sehun pouted.

“Oh…yeah, the do that. Hmmm, what should we do now? It’s already past 7.” She looked around.

“I guess we should head back now. It looks like the baby is tired as well.” Daesuk hyung said, motioning towards Yerin.

“Yeah, you’re right, oppa. We can get some stuff to cook on the way back, and make food at the apartment.” Sirrah said and hyung nodded in agreement. Hyung herded the boys and staff together, and we moved towards the exit. Lu Han fell into step beside me.

“Here.” He held my phone out.

“Thanks.” I turned it on and found the picture Lu Han had just taken as the wallpaper. Sirrah and I were both laughing, looking into each other’s eyes, while Yerin was nestled against me. It was clear that there was an obvious something going on between us. I say ‘something’ because I was sure of my feelings, but I wasn’t sure if Sirrah felt the same way. I looked at Lu Han with a small smile. “Thanks.” I said again.

“You’re welcome, Duizhang.” He grinned, and ran off to catch up with Sehun. I looked down at the screen again.

Now I’ll have something to take back with me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not the longest update, i know...but i felt it was appropriate to end it here. and i'm too sleepy to write anymore....¬.¬

Thank you to everyone who commented, and read! I really appreciate it! 

Do comment if you guys have the time ^^

I will now get some shut-eye, so have a nice day/night/something-in-between, everyone! <3