Who's Phone...

Meeting By Coincidence

 

I got to the lecture theatre an hour late. I tried to sneak in without the professor noticing but he noticed me open the door and told me to stay outside since I hadn’t made it on time and would now disturb his lesson, while I heard the rest of the students snickering at me.

I sighed and closed the door. I would have to wait for my friend to come out now so I could take her notes and copy them. I sat down on the stairs and waited. There was an hour to go before they finished. I thought over what had happened earlier. Was I still asleep and dreaming? I pinched the skin on my hand…

“Ouch,” I mumbled to myself. Okay, so dreaming is ruled out. I then reached up to my head and felt around for any bumps I may have gotten from hitting my head. Nope, nothing. Now that I was coming to my senses again, I realised how stupid I had been; I hadn’t taken any pictures, all I had were three autographs. Even if I told anyone, they probably wouldn’t believe me. But then again…why tell anyone? It could be my little secret. I smiled to myself. I couldn’t believe I had met them. I never had imagined it possible and now it had happened in the most unexpected way. I was the biggest fan of EXO.

The next hour passed by in a blur thanks to my daydreams and soon there were people rushing past me as they swarmed out of the lecture theatre and down the stairs. I stood up and looked around for my friend, Zara. I finally spotted her bright blue hair and waited for her to come near, then grabbed her arm.

“Oh, there you are!” she said to me. “That was so funny when you tried to come into the theatre.”

I pouted at her.

“Awww, you poor thing.” She laughed at me.

“Zara, I need to copy up your notes.” I said to her.

“Sure, I’m heading over to the library right now anyway so I’ll hand them to you there.” She said. I nodded and we made our way to the library.

We found some empty seats when we entered and Zara put her bag on the table and pulled out a huge stack of papers. I groaned. That would take me hours to copy up. Zara laughed at my expression. “Don’t worry, you can take some home and do it.” She suggested.

“I can’t. My laptop is busted and I’ve got no intention of writing all this out by hand.” I told her. She looked at me sympathetically, which then turned into a sheepish look.

“What?” I asked her.

“Sorry to shake salt onto your wound but I’m going to have to leave in an hour. It’s Matt’s birthday so I’ve got to go get ready.” She said. Matt was her boyfriend. Zara seemed a bit odd and intimidating from the outside to most people but she was one of the nicest people I knew. Probably the nicest person anyone else would know if they got past her appearance. Matt was one such person, who saw the real her, so I was happy that she was with him.

“You coming, by the way?” she asked. Unfortunately, I was going to have to disappoint her.

“Don’t think so…” I said, pointing at the stack of papers in front of me.  She frowned

“Can’t you do it later?” she moaned.

“Sorry, hun, you know we have to hand this assignment in tomorrow. I’ve got to do it now.” I told her.

“Yeah, I know. That , it’s no fun without you!” she sighed and sat down.

“Sorry.” I said again.

We started working and an hour later Zara got up. I told her I would drop her notes off to her house later. We hugged and she left. I carried on with my work, wanting to get it done as fast as possible. It was dark by the time I finished. I checked my watch – 9pm.

“Damn it…” I said. I had been here for at least ten hours now and it would take me another hour and half to get home since I had to drop off Zara’s notes on the way. I packed my stuff and lifted my bag. I almost dropped it, it was so heavy. I heaved it onto my shoulder and stepped out of the library. It was raining…I looked in my bag – no umbrella.

“Arrgh!” I yelled. Could this day get any worse?

***

Two hours later, I stepped into my apartment. I was soaking wet and cold. I took my shoes and most of my clothes off at the door, not wanted to get my carpet wet, and went and put the wet clothes into the washing machine. I didn’t have to worry about anyone seeing me since I lived alone.

I quickly showered and put on a pair of sweat pants and a comfy hoody. I was emptying out my bag when I found the phone I had found at the station earlier. I tried to turn it on and then remembered the battery was dead. I looked at the charger slot – it had the same connector as my phone so I would be able to charge it. I plonked down onto my bed and got my wire, and plugged it into the Samsung. A few seconds later, the phone fired up.

As it , I hoped it didn’t have a password on it or I wouldn’t be able to find out who it belonged to. When the main screen came up I saw it thankfully didn’t have a password. I opened a can of Pepsi I had brought from the kitchen earlier and took a sip.

“Let’s see…contacts.” I opened up the contacts list and frowned. It was all in Chinese. Well, that’s helpful, I thought sarcastically. I opened up the camera gallery. I scrolled down them, all being some scenery shots from a holiday or something. Some of London…and – I choked on my Pepsi.  I enlarged the picture with a shaking finger.

Oh. My. God.

Looking into the lens, or at me, was a picture of Kai, Baekhyun, Suho and D.O from EXO-K. I looked through a few more and they were all of various members of EXO. They seemed to be original pictures, not something you would find off of the internet.

I flopped back onto my pillow and ran a shaky hand through my hair. I have one of EXO’s phones. What should I do? I had numbers of K-POP celebrities, personal pictures of EXO and an insanely expensive phone in my hand. I can make so much money! My eyes widened. Then I smacked my head.

“Stop being such a menace!” I said aloud to myself. I put the phone down on my bed and got up, pacing around the room. My heart was beating at twice its normal rate. It was a good thing my laptop was broken or I probably would have saved all the pictures onto it.

After a while of procrastination, I made up my mind – I would return it. If I could that was. I went onto contacts again and decided to call the most recently dialled number. I started to panic. I was potentially about to talk to an EXO member…The first time, the phone rang out and no one picked up. I tried it again. After a few rings, the person finally picked up, but said nothing. Then slowly “…Ni Hao?” asked a soft male voice.

I swallowed painfully and replied. “Uh…Annyeong.” I heard the phone being covered and then some rapid shouting in Mandarin….some shuffling.

“Hello?” It was a stronger voice, speaking in English. One I had heard just this morning. My heart shot up into my throat. I had to swallow a few times before I could talk.

“Hi.” I said in a choked whisper.

“Hey, you have my phone?” Kris asked. I almost died then and there.

“This is your phone?” I squeaked.

“Yes it is. May I ask who you are?” he asked. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself.

“I…uh…I’m…”I was at a loss for words. “I bumped into you at the station this morning!” I said quickly.

“At the station?....OH!” he remembered.

KRIS’ POV.

We got back to the apartment we were renting at 11pm. We’d just finished our day-long photo-shoot and all of us were exhausted. I went into my room, which I was sharing with Lu Han. I flopped down onto the bed and then reached for my backpack to get my phone. After searching through it, I realised it wasn’t in there. I got up and checked the pockets of the jacket I had been wearing. Nope. Pant pockets…not there either. I walked back into the main room where a few of the guys were lounging around.

“Yah, any of you seen my phone?” I asked them in Korean.

“No, sorry.” A few of them mumbled.

I went back to the room, and shifted things around, trying to look for it. Nothing. Had I dropped it somewhere? That didn’t sound good. Lu Han came into the room.

“Lu Han, did you see me take my phone with me this morning?” I asked him, this time in Mandarin.

“Yeah, you were talking to the manager on the train, remember?” He replied back to me, a confused look on his face.

I cursed. “I can’t find it anywhere.” I told him. He helped me look for it but neither of us found anything. I sat down and put my head in my hands. I had important things, pictures, and numbers in there…and I had taken the password off just last night.

“I’ll go ask Tao.” LuHan said and walked out of the room.

A few minutes later, I heard Lu Han’s phone ring. It rang and rang, but he didn’t pick it up. I heard Xui Min yell at him to answer it. It finally stopped. I rubbed my temples in frustration. Lu Han’s phone rang again. This time he answered it after a few rings.

A couple of seconds later he started screaming. “Kris!! Someone’s calling me from your phone!!” He yelled in Mandarin, and came tearing back into our room. I stood up and took the phone out of his hands. I looked at the caller ID – Kris.

I put the phone to my ear. “Hello? I asked in English.

No one answered for a few seconds. Lu Han looked at me with an expectant look and I shrugged at him. Then I heard something. “Hi…” It was a girl, she was whispering.

“Hey, you have my phone?” I asked her. Another pause.

“This is your phone?” she asked in a squeaky voice.

“Yes it is. May I ask who you are?” I questioned. She started stuttering on the other side. Then rushed her next words.

“I bumped into you at the station this morning!” she said. I tried to remember. I had bumped into a lot of people. Then I remembered.

“OH!” A small smile crept onto my face. Lu Han raised an eyebrow at me.

“The short girl who fell over?” I asked her. I actually heard her gulp, and I suppressed my laughter.

“Y-yeah, that short girl.” She said. “I think you dropped your phone at the station and I found it on the floor.” She said quietly.

“I see…is there any chance I could get it back?” I asked her.

“I…don’t know how, but yes sure you can have it back. That’s why I called you.” I raised an eyebrow. This sounded too much like a plan to meet me or find out where we were. On the other hand, I didn’t really have a choice. I didn’t know my way around London, and I couldn’t go out right now anyway. I couldn’t just leave the phone with her either although she had probably saved everything off of it already. I sighed.

“Could you bring it to me?” I questioned.

“I-I…now? I don’t know w-where you are.” She was stuttering again.

“I’ll give you the address, I don’t know my way around or I would get it myself.” I answered her. Rapid breathing on the other side. Crazed fan, indeed.

“Yeah, sure, I can do that.” She replied. I was sure she would be more than happy to comply. I gave her the address to the apartment we were staying at, and she wrote it down.

“When do I bring it to you?” She asked. I hadn’t thought about that. I wasn’t sure what time we would finish our schedule so I couldn’t give her a set time.

“I…don’t actually know.” I told her. She was quiet for a few seconds.

“How about you give me a call on your number tomorrow, when you are free, and I will bring it round?” she suggested. I was grateful for the idea, and it was pretty smart too.

“Yeah that will work out great. Thanks, and see you tomorrow.” I told her.

“You’re welcome…Goodnight.” She said quietly.

“Goodnight.” I said back, and hung up.

Lu Han had been standing there watching the whole conversation, although he hadn’t understood any of it, besides perhaps hello and goodnight.

“Well?” He asked.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got it sorted.” I said and handed his phone back to him. He shrugged and left the room. I lay back down onto my bed, exhausted, and quickly fell asleep.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There you go! Chapter 3 finally. Took me 3 hours to write it T_T i should be asleep right now, haha! Anyway, now that we've got the boring scene setting out of the way, we can get onto the more exciting stuff starting from the next chapter. It will only get better from here on out! ^^

Chapter 4 will be published tomorrow (hopefully) if i can get it finished. O_O

Hope you all enjoyed this one. Please leave comments on what you think, and dont forget to subscribe! <3