Suspicious Zara

Meeting By Coincidence

 

I woke up in the morning thanks to my phone ringing. I was still half asleep when I answered.

“Mnmhmm, herrro?” I mumbled.

“You’re still asleep?” Zara’s voice asked me. “It’s two in the afternoon.”

My eyes shot open. “WHAT?!”

“Yeah, you heard me.” Zara said. I swung my legs out of bed to sit up except cursed when my right foot hit the floor.

“AHH! Holy mother of Moses!” I yelled.

“What?” Zara asked.

I sighed, “Nothing.”

“Right…ok. Anyway! I’m coming over to your place. I need some help with the assignment we need to hand in next week.”

“Uh… but...” I started.

“Don’t worry, I’ll bring my laptop. I know yours is screwed.” She told me. She knew what I had been thinking. I thought about what she said. EXO were busy today so I wouldn’t be hanging around with them.

“OK, fine with me.” I told her.

“I’ll be round in 30 minutes then. Bye.” She said and hung up. I put my phone down and looked down at my ankle. It was all swollen and red. Oh, don’t you look cute, I scowled down at it. I got off my bed and hopped into the bathroom. I skipped the shower for today since I had no intention of slipping and killing myself in the shower on one leg. I got changed, ate a bowl of cereal and sat watching TV while I waited for Zara to show up. A little while later I heard a knock on the door and hopped over to open it.

Zara moved forward to hug me but stopped when her eyes suddenly fell on my ankle, which was currently hovering off of the floor.

“What the hell happened to you?” She asked. I moved to the side to give her space to come in. She walked into my living room, putting her bag down and turned to face me with a questioning expression on her face. “So?” She asked.

“Oh, nothing much…you know EXO? Yeah, the ones we are madly in love with? – Well, Kris fell on me while I took all of them ice skating and I landed pressed between him and D.O and sprained my ankle in the process.”… Yeah, I didn’t think that was an option.

“I just fell down the stairs yesterday and twisted my ankle.” I told her instead. She seemed to buy it.

“Oh…is it broken?” She asked with a concerned expression.

“Nah, just sprained.” I told her.

“Wow…how have you been managing?” She asked. I thought about all the help EXO and the staff had given me yesterday.

“Don’t know.” I said.

“I’ll make you some food today!” She exclaimed. I thanked her and we sat down to work on the assignment. Later on in the evening, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID – Kidnapper. Yes…that was my nickname for Kris. I picked up.

“Hey…” I said.

“NOONA!” I heard Kai’s voice on the other side. Zara looked up at the loud voice. I swiftly covered the speaker. What do I do?! Zara knew I didn’t really have any other Korean friends, so if I just started talking to Kai in Korean now, it would make her suspicious. So what did I do?... I hung up.

“Who was that?” Zara asked.

“Oh, just a friend.” I replied, averting my eyes, as the phone rang again.

“So why don’t you talk to them?” She asked, raising her eyebrow. Why was she so observant all the time? I sighed and rejected the call.

“He seems to be drunk. I don’t really want to deal with his crap right now.” I made another excuse. Look what you’re making me do EXO!! She didn’t seem convinced but she shrugged and let it go.

After we finished the assignment, she made dinner for me and then left. She had made enough food to last me through the next day.

The next few days went by slowly. EXO called up at least once a day to check how I was. I appreciated the gesture but I was bored out of my brain. I didn’t have much to do at home on my own and I couldn’t even go to university, but on the other hand…or ankle… my foot got better and I could finally put some weight onto it, although I was still limping.

Zara came round every day for a few hours. I had to keep hanging up, or ignore EXO if they called while she was here; they would call from Kris’ phone every time so I never knew who would be on the other side. She noticed it every time.

“You’ve been acting strange lately, you know…” Zara still seemed suspicious.

“Sorry, I just get a little stressed sometimes, with uni and stuff…” I answered her.

“You haven’t even been going to uni.” She countered.

“I know…I just… I just have a lot on my mind, ok?” I said, hoping that would convince her.

Her expression softened. “Do you want to talk about it?” She asked.

I shook my head. She didn’t pressurise me, just patted my arm and carried on with her work. I’m sorry for lying, Zara…

It was Wednesday, and Zara had come over again, with notes from the classes that I had missed so I could catch up. She decided to stay with me and work on her assignment. I was reading through a paper when my phone started vibrating next to me. Kidnapper

“Hello?” I said tentatively, since Zara was sitting on my bedroom floor, barely a metre away from me.

“Hey…” It was Kris. “Are you at home?” He was speaking in English. Phew…

“Yeah, I am. Why?” I asked. He hung up on me. I held the phone away from me and looked at it in confusion. What the hell? Zara saw my expression and asked what happened.

“Nothing, don’t worry.” I told her and carried on reading my notes. A little while later, there was a knock on the door. Zara started getting up from the floor to get it but I stopped her.

“It’s ok, I’ve got it.” I said and got up from my chair. I limped out of my room and went to the door. I opened it… Kai was grinning down at me.

“Annyeong.” He said and waved...

      

I slammed the door shut on his face. I put my back to it and looked around with wide eyes.

Crap, crap, crap, crap, craaaap! Zara’s here… and now Kai – and potentially the rest of EXO - are here too!! What do I do, what do i do?!?! I’ll tell them to go back…right, yes, that’s what I’ll do. I turned around and was about to open the door when I heard Zara’s voice behind me. I whirled around to face her.

“Who was it?” She asked, standing in the doorway of my room. 

“Uh….no one… just one of my neighbours.” I told her. She nodded and started making her way to the kitchen. The door knocked again. I froze. Zara turned around to look at me.

“They’re still out there?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

“N-no! It’s ok….d-don’t worry about it!” I was stuttering, and she noticed that.

“What’s going on, Sirrah? Who’s out there?” She moved towards me.

“No one! I told you.” I said and put myself in front of the door. She gently pushed me out of the way as the door knocked again, and opened it. I hid my face behind my hands. Zara closed the door again. I peeked at her from between my fingers.

“Sirrah?” She sounded like she was in a daze.

“What?” I squeaked.

“EXO’s Kai is standing outside your door.” She said it so calmly, it was strange. I was expecting her to throw some kind of fit. Was she in shock?

“Nooooooonnaa!!” Kai moaned from outside.  I pretended to not know anything.

“What?!? What are you talking about?” I asked her, as she shuffled past me to my living room. She looked like a zombie. Oh no… I watched her go. Yup, she’s in shock. I’ll tell Kai to leave before she actually starts believing she saw him. I turned around and opened the door.

“Kai, I’m really sorry but you’re go-” I was cut off when Baekhyun moved forward and wrapped me up in a bear hug.

“Chingu-yah! Are you happy to see oppa?!” He yelled as he carried me into my living room.

“Baekhyun!!! Put me down!!” I screamed, as the rest of EXO followed us in.

“Hey, call me oppa! Oh…annyeong.” Baekhyun said, looking behind me, as he put me back on the floor. I turned around. Zara was standing by the sofa, looking like she had just seen a ghost… or rather twelve of them. Twelve, insanely hot ghosts. She gave a single startled laugh, and fell back onto the sofa.

Did she just pass out?...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, its a bit of a short update, but I'm too tired to write anymore right now - its 6am here! lol - but i wanted to give you guys at least something to read...so here it is. 

Enjoy, and please give me some feedback <3 Now sleep time for me...haha T_T