Left Alone With Kris

Meeting By Coincidence

 

SIRRAH'S POV

I turned around and tried to run but Zara spun me around and pushed me back towards Kris. I clamped my hands around the door frame to stop myself from falling on him and squeezed my eyes shut. Zara pushed me forwards again, and I opened my eyes to see what or rather who I was about to fall onto but to my surprise, Kris wasn’t standing there anymore. He had disappeared. I let out a shaky breath and stepped into the apartment.

“Calm down, Sirrah. No one’s going to eat you.” Zara whispered in my ear. I hope not… I walked into the living room. There was no one in there. They were probably all in their rooms. “Oh, Sirrah, I forgot I had to quickly go pick something up from the chemist for Matt. Could I borrow your car for a bit?” I turned around and looked at her suspiciously. She doesn’t look like she up to anything…

“Sure, here...” I handed her my keys. She thanked me and stepped back out of the apartment, closing the door behind her. I turned and looked around. It was too quiet in the apartment. I went into the kitchen…no one there. I hadn’t been into their rooms before, so I didn’t know whether it would be appropriate to go there. Well, it’s not like I’ll be intruding. If the door is closed I’ll leave it. Besides I only need to see if anyone is actually here. I went down the right side of the house first. I didn’t know which room belonged to whom, but they all seemed to be void of human activity. Maybe they’re all on the other side. Come to the dark side! Shush brain…I walked across the living room to the other corridor. I looked in the first two rooms, there was no one there. I moved to the last room at the end of the corridor.

I cautiously peeked inside. The room seemed empty until my head was completely inside. There were two beds in the room, and on the one furthest from the door, was Kris. He was lying on it comfortably, with his head propped up on one arm while his other held up a book. He looked at ease…in fact he looked like he was enjoying himself. He looks so calm and peaceful. My eyes trailed up his face, taking in the details. They reached his eyes and stopped. His were no longer on the book, but instead on me.

My eyes widened in panic and I rushed backwards only to collide with a cabinet that was next to the door. It wobbled and something hard and heavy fell off from the top and onto my head. I yelped in pain and put my hands up to my injury, rubbing my head to diffuse the hurt and squeezed my eyes shut. I opened my eyes and yelped again. Kris was standing right in front of me. I scrambled backwards and tried to run away, but he caught my wrist and pulled me back towards him. My heart was hammering away in my chest.

“Are you, ok?” He asked me. I didn’t dare look up at his face.

“I’m fine.” I straightened my face, which was slightly scrunched up due to the pain. I was trying to act all cool and suave, but my voice came out as a shaky, high-pitched squeak. Well, so much for that. I looked towards the floor. There was a circular, glass candle holder on the floor. That’s what had hit my head. The glass was thick enough that it didn’t shatter when it hit the floor. No wonder that hurt so much. I picked it up and turned around to put it back in its place, but I couldn’t reach. I stretched up and struggled. I heard a Kris sigh behind me and his long fingers took the candle holder from my hand and placed it on top of the cabinet easily, without even having to stretch. I turned around and looked up to see Kris gazing intently down at me.

He took a step forwards and I moved back into the wall, my breath hitching in my throat. Why can't I breathe whenever he comes near me?

“How long were you planning on standing there watching me?” He asked, quietly. I felt warmth creeping into my face. He knew I was there the whole time? I opened my mouth to try and make an excuse up, but my mouth felt dry and I couldn’t make it work. My oxygen was starting to run low as well. Kris took a big step back and I slowly in some air. He stepped forwards again, and again my breathing stopped. Please stop playing around with me… “Not going to answer me?” He asked.

What do I say to him? If I can say anything at all, that is. I need to apologize to him. “K-Kris, I-I…”

“I what?” He moved even closer. My heart was threatening to hammer right through my chest.

“I…I’m sor–” My apology was cut short by a voice coming through the front door.

“We’re back!” Lu Han yelled. He was walking towards the kitchen with the other boys in tow, when he saw us standing in the corridor and stopped dead in his tracks. “Wow…you two just can’t keep your hands off each other, can you?” He said, with wide eyes.

“OPPA!” I gave him a scornful look and scrambled away from Kris, running towards the living room.

Can my life get any more embarrassing than this?!

LU HAN’S POV

I knew they probably hadn’t even touched each other – they were too shy to do it but I just couldn’t let the opportunity pass. I giggled as Sirrah shuffled out from between Kris and the wall and ran towards the living room with wide eyes and a red face. God, she’s so cute. No wonder he likes her. I looked back at Kris and smirked at him. He rolled his eyes and went towards the kitchen.

“Where’s Zara?” I asked, turning around to Sirrah. She was sitting on the couch rubbing her head with a cute little pout. “What happened?” I asked her.

“I dropped that on my head.” She replied, pointing behind me and stuck her bottom lip out. I looked to where she pointed, and saw the round candle holder on top of the cabinet outside Kris’ and my room. That was a heavy one. I had dropped it on my foot and it hadn’t felt very nice. I went over to her and sat down next to her.

“Here, let me see.” I said, moving her hands away from her head. I gently probed the area she had been rubbing. There was a little bump under her hair which felt sore and hot. She winced as my fingers glided over it. “It’s a little sore, but you’ll survive.” I told her, patting her cheek.

“Of course I will. I’m a soldier.” She said, grinning at me and I ruffled her pretty hair on the uninjured side of her head.

“I’ll get you some ice, noona!” Sehun chirped from the other sofa and ran off towards the kitchen. My eyes followed him and then stopped on Kris who was leaning against the doorframe of the kitchen, looking at Sirrah. He met eyes with me and then walked off, towards our room. There’s no escaping it, Kris!

“So, where is Zara?” I asked Sirrah again, as Sehun came and handed her a bag full of ice. She pressed it against her head.

“She said she had to get something from the chemist, so she took my car and went.” She told me. So she doesn’t know anything. Phew. I had told Zara that we wouldn’t be at home when they came, and when Sirrah and she got there, she would have to come back out so that it left Sirrah and Kris in the apartment alone. It had all worked out very well. She should be here any minute now. Just then, the doorbell rang. I jumped up from the couch and went to open the door. It was Zara.

“Did you get them?” I asked quietly.

She nodded. “They’re in the car. I only got six, but two of them are big ones, so we can have three in each of those.” She said quietly as she entered the apartment.

“But what about clothes?” I enquired.

“Got a change of those too. She will fit in mine.” She said.

“What are you two whispering about?” Kai said from the couch, sitting next to Sirrah. They both looked suspicious.

“Oh, you’ll find out in a bit.” I told him. Their expression turned to one of curiousness. I turned around to Sirrah. “Tao and D.O are in the kitchen packing the food and making a few snacks. Shall we announce it now?” I asked. She nodded in response, so I called all the guys and gathered them in the living room. “Right…so… we have something planned for today.” I said.

“We?” Kai asked.

“Yeah…Zara and I.” I said as Zara smiled angelically. “Anyway, we decided we are all going to go camping.” I exclaimed. Sirrah was in the middle of drinking water out of a glass and she spat it out. Lay was sitting in front of her and some of the spray landed on his face. He wiped the drops away with an unamused expression. Sirrah looked at him sheepishly.

“Sorry.” She apologized and then turned her face towards me. “And what, oppa?”

“We are going camping.” I repeated. “I already asked Daesuk hyung, and he said he will drop us off to the camping site.”

“Really?” Sehun and Kai chirped excitedly at the same time.

“Ok, well have fun. I’m out of here.” Sirrah said and got up from the couch. My expression dropped.

“What?! Mei-mei, you can't just leave! You have to come with us!” I knew I sounded childish but at that moment I didn’t even care. She had to come with us.

“No, I don’t oppa! You’re supposed to ask someone before taking them somewhere!” She pouted.

“I know, but that’s exactly why I didn’t tell you because you would say no otherwise.” I returned the pout.

“Sorry, but I have things to do. I can't go.” She said and tried to move past me. I grabbed her leg and she shrieked at the contact.

“What do you have to do?” I asked her. She was quiet for a second.

“I have an assignment to hand in.” She mumbled.

“That’s not due till next Wednesday, Sirrah.” Zara said. Well done, partner!

“Be quiet, you… I don’t have any clothes or anything. I can't come.” She made up another excuse, although it would be valid if Zara hadn’t already done something about that.

“I already got you some.” Zara held up a bag. Sirrah’s eyes widened.

“I don’t want to go, ok?! Now let go of my leg, oppa!” She shook her leg, trying to get rid of me, but it didn’t work.

“You don’t want to come with us, jie-jie?” Tao came in from the kitchen, looking at her with big, round eyes, with a pout on his face. I looked up at Sirrah and saw her resolve waver but she still shook her head. I turned back to Tao and gave him a meaningful look. He put his fist up to his cheek, and did the famous ‘buing-buing’ while looking at Sirrah. fell open.

I saw Kris turn his head away and snicker.

“That…is…just…so not fair.” Sirrah said quietly. Everyone burst into laughter. Ahhh, I chose my partners well!

“So, you’re coming?” I asked her, looking up at her with hopeful eyes as I let go of her leg. She scowled down at me cutely and then stomped over to the couch, flopping down heavily, and put a cushion over her face. She yelled into it in frustration.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” I said, laughing.

SIRRAH’S POV

I can't believe he used Tao to get me to agree like that…That oppa… he looks like a cherub but he’s hiding a little devil inside him. Grrr…I took the cushion away from my face and looked at Lu Han. He smiled at me innocently and then turned his gaze towards Kris.

“You are coming right?” He asked him. Kris looked at him with a blank expression.

“Does my face not tell you the answer?” Kris replied, with a poker face. Like that face could tell anyone anything…well except that you’re insanely hot.

“Not really.” Lu Han replied and giggled.

“No.” Kris deadpanned.

“Ah, wae hyung?!” Baekhyun wailed, making a puppy face at him. To be honest, I felt a little disappointed that he wouldn’t be coming.

“Baekhyun, stop it. It’s not going to work.” Kris snapped, but he looked away. Looks like it just might. I smiled to myself. He really isn’t as tough as he pretends to be.

“Well if this doesn’t work, we could always find something that does.” Lay said, nodding towards Tao.  Kris’ eyes widened. He scrambled up from the sofa and tried to make a run for it, but Xiu Min and Suho blocked his way.

“Move,” Kris growled. Xiu Min pushed him back onto the sofa and laughed.

“Sorry, Duizhang, but I’m not going to let you be a spoil sport.” Xiu Min grinned.

“I’m not coming!” He said forcefully and got up again. He pushed Suho and Xiu Min out of the way but was confronted by Tao. He grabbed Kris’ shirt with both hands and looked up at him with googly eyes.

“Please, gege! We will have fun! You must come!” He encouraged. Kris sighed, removed Tao’s hands and sat back on the sofa. “Victory!” Tao yelled and jumped up and down.

“No.” Kris said again. Everyone’s expressions immediately deflated. Tao moved in front of him and did ‘buing-buing’. All the guys waited expectantly. They knew this method would never fail them.

Kris took a deep breath and opened his mouth as the boys hung on his word. “No.”

Everyone’s mouths fell open. Tao looked the most shocked.

“Did he really just say no to Huang Zi Tao’s infallible buing-buing?” Chanyeol asked, with wide eyes.

“This should go in the world record book…” Chen said quietly, looking equally as stunned. Kris sighed heavily. Now he really is being a spoil sport. There’s no way he can have his way while I’m being forced to go. I turned my head towards him.

“You should come, Kris. It’s not fair if I have to go even though I don’t want to and you get to stay behind. Besides, you wouldn’t want to see the tantrum I throw if that happens.” I smiled at him mischievously. He looked at me with unreadable eyes and I just stared back. Everyone held their breath and waited for the outcome. Kris broke the eye contact first and looked away.

“Fine.” He mumbled. The boys started cheering and jumping up and down. I smiled and looked away, meeting eyes with Lu Han. He looked backwards and forwards between Kris and I.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“I can't believe he just said yes to you.” He said in awe. He got up from the floor and walked into his room in a daze.

Yeah, neither can I.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like my emotional blackmailing was a fail...im just going to give up now T_T enjoy nonetheless... For some reason, my view count seems to be stuck on 1800, is it just me or is it the same for everyone else?

PS....i've just been a little busy past couple of days, but im planning on posting the next chapter soonish ^^