Dinner with...EXO?

Meeting By Coincidence

 

Lu Han had just asked me to have dinner with them…

“N-no, sorry, I wouldn’t want to disturb you guys. I’ll go home now.” I replied to him.

“Oh, no, you wouldn’t disturb us at all. Besides since you did Kris a favour and returned his phone, and he kept you here for a while, it’s only fair that we at least feed you before letting you go, right Kris?” He said, looking at his leader. I looked up at Kris who was looking at me with unreadable eyes again. I looked away. At least he didn’t look as angry as before.

“Right, of course.” He said.

“No, really, thank you for your offer, but I should go.” I said, looking at Lu Han again and backing up towards the door.

“Nope! I insist!” He came up to me and took hold of my arm, leading me back towards the food and sat me down on a cushion at the head of the low rise table. I looked up at him wide eyes, but he only smiled at me. I couldn’t really say no to that, could I? I stopped breathing when Kris sat down to my right. I slowly scooted over to the other side until Lu Han came and sat down to my left. I was definitely going to lose my mind. “Someone go wake up Baekhyun!” Lu Han said.

“I’ll do it!” Said Chanyeol, getting to his feet and disappearing. I recognised his voice. He had called me pretty earlier. I blushed.

Meanwhile, Lu Han put a bowl of rice and a plate with meat and sides in front of me. “Eat up!” he said to me and handed me a pair of thin, metal chopsticks. I looked at them scornfully. I could use chopsticks, but I wasn’t a professional. I had always had trouble with the thin metal ones. I had just poked them into my bowl of rice when Chanyeol came back to the table and sat down next to Kai. Behind him, I saw Baekhyun walking out of his room and into the living room. I had to resist the urge to melt into a puddle.

He was wearing baggy sweat pants and a comfy looking hoody, with the sleeves covering half of his hands. His hair was sticking in all sorts of directions and he was rubbing his eyes as he padded towards us. How can something be so cute? I didn’t think even a soft fluffy kitten could compare. He put his hands down and sleepily blinked his eyes. My mouth fell open. Baekhyun looked around and I quickly got a hold of myself and looked down. I realised Kris had been looking at me. Crap.

I was trying to calm myself down but the next thing I knew, Baekhyun’s face was inches away from mine. I squeaked quietly but Lu Han and Kris heard and their heads snapped towards me. Lu Han quietly started giggling while Kris rolled his eyes and looked away. I looked up at Baekhyun’s face and went cross-eyes in the process. Kai saw this and started laughing. I looked at him confused. “Your eyes…” He laughed and couldn’t finish. Chanyeol smacked the back of his head to make him stop but he was smiling too. Clearly he had seen as well. I looked back up at Baekhyun.

“Annyeong, who are you?” he asked me, smiling widely. Lu Han pulled him away from me and laughed.

 “A guest, Baekhyun-ah, so be polite!” he playfully scolded him. Baekhyun apologized and sat down next to him.

Everyone started eating and I tried picking up my food with the thin chopsticks. The meat kept slipping out of my grip. I didn’t even want to think about trying to pick the rice up with these. I looked up at the boys around me. They were all busy eating comfortably, talking in between mouthfuls. I tried again. Lu Han noticed me struggling. He laughed and the rest turned to look towards us.

“You don’t know how to use chopsticks?” He asked me. I looked up at him.

“They’re too thin and slippery.” I whispered. Kris choked on something next to me and thumped his chest a few times. I still didn’t look at him. Lu Han laughed again and moved to crouch behind me. He put his hand over mine.

“Hold them like this.” He grabbed the chopsticks over my fingers and pinched at the food. I tried my hardest to stop myself from hyperventilating. I was sure my face was the colour of a tomato though. “Got it?” He asked and I simply nodded. He moved back to his spot and motioned for me to show him. I tried but failed again. He smiled and tried to show me again, with his own. Kris sighed next to me and got up. He disappeared into the kitchen. I looked after him, with a worried look. “Don’t worry,” Lu Han reassured me.

I was just about to try picking up food with my chopsticks again when a fork appeared in front of my face. I looked up and saw Kris pointing it at me. I took it out of his hand.

“Thanks,” I said to him shyly, looking at him as he sat down next to me again. He nodded in acknowledgment but otherwise said nothing. I finally started eating. I hadn’t realised how hungry I had been until I put the first bite into my mouth. I wolfed down all the food that was given to me within a matter of minutes. I didn’t even know what half of it was but it was still tasty. After I finished it, I wiped my mouth with a tissue and looked up. Twelve sets of eyes were staring at me. I had started to wonder why it was so quiet. I felt warmth spreading through my cheeks.

“Wow, you can really eat, huh?” Suho said, grinning. I apologised and looked down. He laughed. “No, don’t apologize, that was actually pretty amusing to watch. Girls normally don’t do that.” The rest of the boys started giggling as well. I looked to the side and saw even Kris was smirking. Good job, I told myself sarcastically. I smiled up at them awkwardly. They carried on eating.

“How old are you?” Lu Han asked me.

“I’m 20.” I told him.

“Oh! So you’re the same age as D.O and Tao?” Suho asked. The boys looked up at me.

I shook my head and pointed towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They looked confused.

“When’s your birthday?” Lu Han asked.

“Uhm…December ’92.” I told him. He looked at me for a minute, and then he understood.

“Oooh…you tell your age a year younger than us over here don’t you?” He asked and I nodded. “So you would actually be 21 in Korea, meaning you’re the same age as Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen…and D.O too.”

The four boys smiled at me and I smiled back. “Chingu-yah!” Baekhyun yelled with his cheeks stuffed with rice. I tried to stop myself from laughing but he looked too funny and I started giggling. They all seemed relieved I wasn’t as tensed as before. I even saw Kris smiling for a second next to me.

Once everyone was done, I thanked them for the food. “Thank you so much, it was delicious.”

“Glad you liked it.” Xiu Min said to me. They started putting the empty dished back into the tray to take into the kitchen. I jumped to my feet. Kris looked at me, startled and looked around to see what had made me abruptly get up. I went to the tray and started picking it up.

“What are you doing?!” Xiu Min asked.

“Let me help you. I would feel better if you let me.” I looked at him with pleading eyes. He pursed his lips then agreed.

“Okay, but let me carry it into the kitchen for you.” He said. I complied. The kitchen was pretty and spacious. Once inside, I quickly put all the dishes into the sink and pulled on a pair of gloves that were hanging on the side. They were too big but they would do. I started to wash the dishes. Since I did this at home every day, I was used to it and was pretty fast. I felt someone behind me and turned to see Kai looking over my shoulder.

“Wah! Noona, you’re so fast!” He said in an amazed voice, as he moved to lean on the counter next to me. I turned to look at him with my eyes sparkling. “What happened?” He asked.

“I always wanted someone to call me noona.” I told him. He laughed and ruffled my hair. My eyes widened more.

“Noona is what I shall call you then,” He said smiling at me. I gave a single surprised laugh. What on earth is happening in my life?

“Well, it’s not like you will meet me again.” I said, a little wistfully. Kai was just about to reply when he looked over my head. I turned to look at what he saw. Lay came up on my other side carrying some glasses which he put down onto the counter.

He smiled at me mischievously and wiggled his eyebrows. “So…when are you moving in?” He asked, laughing.

I gaped at him. “Huh?!”

“What he means is, it’s nice having some female company.” said Kris’ voice behind me. He was bringing a few more glasses into the kitchen. He gave Lay a stern look.

“Uh, yeah.” Lay said, ruffling the back of his hair.

“Oh…”I said and smiled at Lay.

I finished washing the dishes and came out the kitchen. I was wiping my wet hands on my jeans when Lu Han walked past me. He put his hand on my head and ruffled my hair. “Ah, so cute” he smiled. I looked up at him with wide eyes. I really needed to stop getting surprised every time they did something but I couldn’t stop myself. I grabbed my bag, which was on the floor by the sofa and looked at all of them.

“Thank you for dinner.” I said again.

“You’re most welcome. It was nice having you here.” Xiu Min said to me.

“It was nice meeting you.” Lu Han added, with a pretty smile. Why do I feel inferior to this guy?

“Totally, noona! We haven’t  had this much drama for a long time!” Kai said. I saw Kris raise an eyebrow at him at the word ‘noona’ but he let it slide.

I laughed at what he said. “Trust me, neither have I.” I said, sticking a tongue out at him. Everyone laughed. Well at least we say goodbye on a happy note. “Oh! I almost forgot.” I said. I pulled out my notepad. Lu Han who was standing nearest to me, realised what was about to happen and chuckled. I gave him a sheepish smile. “Sorry, the autographs you gave me yesterday got wet and the ink washed away.” I told him.

He took the notepad and pen from me. “I see, you brought a permanent marker this time.” He laughed. I blushed. He signed his name and passed it along. All the members signed it one by one, and finally it ended up in Kris’ hands. He signed it and handed it back to me and I returned it to my bag.

“You ready to go?” Kris asked me in English. I nodded. I waved at the other boys and said bye.  Baekhyun stepped forward and wrapped me up in a bear hug, lifting me up off the ground. I squeaked again, this time everyone heard it and they chortled.

“Nice meeting you, chingu!” He said, his mouth centimetres away from my ear. He released me and put me back down on the floor. I gave a shaky laugh and moved towards the door. Kris was already standing there waiting for me. I looked up at him and he opened the door for me. I stepped outside. Thank God it had stopped raining. I said a quiet bye to Kris and started to walk off. I had gotten a few steps away when he called out to me.

“Hold on!” He said. I turned to see him walking up to me. I gulped. What now? I thought. He stood there hesitating, as if he wasn’t sure of what to say. I waited, studying his face.  He was just perfect. Beautiful, clear skin without needing makeup; plump pink lips; a nice jawline that ended in a soft oval face. And his eyes… Deep, dark eyes that you could just fall into and never want to come out of again. As I brought my gaze up to his eyes, I realised he was watching me stare at him. I immediately averted my eyes, and started blushing.

“Look, I’m sorry for behaving how I did earlier.” He said, speaking in English. I looked up at him. The shock was evident on my face. I wasn’t expecting him to apologize. “I don’t normally…act like that. I just panicked.” He said.

“P-panicked about what?” I asked.

“Well…” He scratched is eyebrow. “I thought you would have told other people we were here. I didn’t want anyone knowing.”

“Why not? Isn’t that what you guys want – to promote in as many countries as you can?” I asked confused.

“Yes but…it’s sort of our time off from fans.” He said hesitantly. I thought about that for a second.

“If you don’t mind me asking, why are you here then?” I asked him.

He looked at me carefully, as if he was trying to determine whether he could trust me or not. Finally, he sighed and spoke. “We are here to record and film our new song… and have our holiday. That’s why the company didn’t officially announce that we were in London, because they wanted everything to go smoothly for us. So when Kai said there were fans outside the door, I assumed you had told someone. I panicked because I didn’t want all of the kid’s holiday ruined.” He said, pointing behind him.

“Oh…” That’s all I could say. He had been worried because of the rest of the members. He seemed cold from the outside, but he had a soft side to him that wasn’t always apparent. I found new admiration for him. “How long have you been here?” I asked him.

“We came on Monday.” He answered. It was Friday today, so that made five days.

“Have you been out since then?” I asked and he made a face.

“Not really, we’ve had photo-shoots and stuff every day since we got here, but other than that we haven’t really had time to get a proper look around the city. Plus our manager and other staff members don’t know their way around here either.” He told me.

“Well you could always find a tour guide or something right? There are plenty of companies here that do that.” He looked uncomfortable at the question. “What is it?” I asked him.

“We could…it’s just that, we are on a budget, and we heard that these companies can get quite expensive, so our manager didn’t want to waste money we could spend on other stuff on tour guides.” He said, not looking me in the eyes. I on the other hand stared at him with a poker face. This was the first time I had heard about majorly famous celebrities being on a budget!  How did that even work? They were loaded! Either way, I didn’t pick on that because he was clearly not happy about it. I pursed my lips.

“Well…if you don’t mind me saying...” I started.

“Mind you saying what?” he asked, curious.

“Uhm…I am in London quite a bit, so if you guys don’t mind it, I could show you around if you wanted.” I said and looked up at him to gauge his response. He kept a straight face so I couldn’t tell.

“You would do that?” he asked.

“Yeah, why not? We both get something out of it – you guys get to see London and enjoy your holiday, and I get to act like a crazy fan girl and spend time with you guys.” I joked. Kris actually laughed at that. Something in my chest fluttered. Ahh, so beautiful.

“Well, seeing how you’ve been today, you definitely seem like a crazy fan girl.” He teased me.

“Oh, thanks!” I scoffed.

“You’re welcome.” He said - a lopsided grin on his face. I smiled back at him. “What’s your name, by the way?” He asked me.

“Sirrah.” I told him.

“Unique – Not heard that name before.” I smiled at him. “Well nice to meet you, Sirrah and thank you for the new phone cover. I like it.” He said.

“You’re most welcome.” I replied. I checked my watch, it was almost 11.30. “Well, it’s getting late, so I’ll get going now.”

“Right, sure. Take care and goodnight.” He said. I smiled at him and turned away.

“Sirrah?” He called out.

“Yes?” I turned around to face him.

“How will I contact you if I need a tour guide?” He smirked.

“Right, of course.” I laughed. We exchanged numbers and I finally left. I smiled like a loony the whole way home. I had Kris’ number saved in my phone, and just spent my evening with EXO. It all seemed like a dream to me. I got back home a little after midnight and straight away, I stripped my damp clothes off and fell into bed.

I’m going to be EXO’s tour guide.

I closed my eyes, grinning and fell into deep sleep – dreaming of the adventures to come with EXO.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quick update - chapter 6 =P Happy reading! <3 and dont forget to comment!!!