Matt's Advice

Meeting By Coincidence

 

There’s the moment I was waiting for. I was wrenched out of my sleep as an ear-splitting scream reverberated through the apartment. I chuckled to myself. A few minutes later I heard the front door shut, and I took that as my cue to emerge from the room. Chanyeol, Chen, Sehun and Kai were sitting on the sofa’s looking completely confused. I turned my head towards Kris. His eyes were wide and he was the colour of a juicy cherry. He looked up at me, his expression didn’t change.

“Had fun?” I asked him. He didn’t answer. Wow, I’ve never seen him like this. Not even after that crazy fan at Beijing Airport basically molested him in front of the cameras.

“Had fun with what?” Sehun asked.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Kris replied, looking away.

“Oh, you don’t remember?” I asked, smirking at him. Kris shook his head. “Ah, well I’ll remind you then.” I took my phone out of my pocket and turned it on, bringing up the picture I had taken of Sirrah and him. I held it out in front of his nose. “Here, look.” I said and giggled. Kris turned his head and his eyes threatened to fall out of his head. I locked my phone just as he pulled it out of my hand. He tried to put the password in but it came up incorrect. “Sorry, Kris, I knew you would probably try to delete it so I changed the password since you knew it.”

“I want to see too!” Sehun said.

“LU HAN!!” Kris yelled and got to his feet. I grabbed my phone, turned and ran before he could murder me but he gave chase. He was right on my tail when I quickly turned and fled into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. “LU HAN! GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW AND DELETE THAT PICTURE!” He roared. I chuckled. It wasn’t often that Kris lost his temper, so I was surprised to see him make such a fuss. He must really like Sirrah.

“Sorry, Duizhang, but I can’t do that. I need some leverage against you, don’t I?” I giggled.

“I swear, I will kill you.” He said in a lower voice. Oooh, scary. The other members of EXO would be cowering in a corner at that tone of his, but unfortunately for him, it didn’t work on me.

“You can try.” I challenged.

“Oh, I will. You can’t stay in there forever, and when you come out, I’ll be here waiting for you.” He threatened.

“Ok, have fun waiting; I’ll just take a nice, long, relaxing shower till then.” I chuckled and turned the water on. I heard a kick on the door and then footsteps fading away. It was a good thing I had put my clothes in here earlier. I stepped out of my clothes and into the shower. I let the warm water soak me as I began thinking of ways I could possibly bring the two closer.

I need a partner in crime.

SIRRAH’S POV

I took my heels off and ran up the stairs. I was huffing and I had a stitch in my side by the time I made it to my apartment. When are those idiots going to put a lift in this goddamned building? I paid too much for it, to be climbing up ten flights of stairs every day. I went inside and went straight to my room, face-planting onto the bed. My life is over. My life is completely over. I can never face Kris again. He was awake when I was touching him!! How will I explain myself? I rolled over and let out a cry of frustration, messing up my hair in the process. I turned my head to look at the digital clock on my bedside table. It was half eight. I had a university lecture in four hours. I needed something to distract me till then. I decided to clean up my room which was currently a mess. But first I need a shower.

I took a clean change of clothes from my closet and laid it out on my bed and then went into the bathroom. Forty minutes later, I emerged from the steaming room with a towel around me. The shower relaxed me somewhat. I had a habit of sitting under the water and letting it rain onto me for ages. It had a numbing effect and it helped calm me down. I changed into my clean clothes and put the dirty clothes in the wash. I was surprised they hadn’t smelt of alcohol and sweat. I went back into my room and took my time cleaning it, making sure I got rid of every piece of rubbish and every speck of dust. Once I was done, I stepped back and admired the spotless room.

I moved onto the kitchen and then the living room. Once those were done, I cleaned both the bathrooms and the extra room – although that didn’t require much effort since no one ever used it - and cleaned until everything was sparkling. I had spent a crazy amount of money decorating my apartment in red, white and black, therefore I liked to keep it clean so it looked the way it was intended to, but the past few days had been hectic and with my sprained ankle I hadn’t been able to keep everything orderly. Having everything in its proper place now made me happy.

I checked the time. It was barely 11 o’clock. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat down on the sofa, to watch some mindless TV. About fifteen minutes later my phone rang. I picked it up without looking. “Hello?”

“Jie-jie!” It was the panda.

“Oh, Tao. What’s up?” I asked.

“I didn’t see you this morning.” He said. I thought about how I had run out of their apartment just a few hours ago.

“Yeah…I had something to do, so I left early.” I told him. Something like saving my long-lost dignity.

“Ah, right. Will you be coming over later?” He asked me. I gulped. How could I go back there? There was no way I would be able to avoid Kris. I couldn’t – I just couldn’t go back there.

“Oh…Tao, I actually have a lecture at uni today, so I can't.” I told him.

“But you can come over after can't you?” He pressed. I sighed.

“I have someone to see later, Tao.” I lied.

“Ah…but jie-jie, I wanted to see you. It’s so fun with you around. Won’t you come?” He whined. I was a little surprised. He wasn’t so open about liking having me around. So against my will, I found myself saying yes to him.

“Aish, my little kung-fu panda… I’ll come round after my lecture, OK?” I told him.

“Arasseo! I’ll be waiting for you!” He said happily and then hung up. I stared at the phone blankly. What have I just done? I definitely have a death wish. My phone rang again. It was Zara. She asked me whether I was coming in today, and I told her I was. She told me she was going in early, so we could meet in the coffee shop if I wanted. I didn’t have anything more to do at home so I agreed. I got ready and headed out.

Half an hour later, I walked into the coffee shop and found her already sitting there, reading through one of her assignments. I wanted to tell her what had happened this morning; I couldn’t keep it inside me. That was one way of my ways of dealing with something that disturbed or embarrassed me – I had to let someone know – and Zara was the only one who would probably understand. To my dismay, Matt was sitting next to her. Great, just great! Out of all the times!

“Hey, Matt.” I said as I slammed my bag down on the table.

“Oh, hi Sirrah. You look bright and happy today.” He said sarcastically.

“I’m on top of the world.” I replied back, just as sarcastic. Zara looked up and me. She looked like she could guess what might be wrong.

“What happened last night, eh?” She asked and smirked at me. I gave her a sour look and then looked over to Matt. He dragged his fingers across his mouth, closing an imaginary zip and then plugged his fingers in his ears, as if to say he won’t tell anyone. I wouldn’t have minded talking in front of him, but I just couldn’t say anything about EXO, or Zara would get in trouble too. So I decided to talk to her in Korean instead. Matt frowned at us, annoyed that he couldn’t understand.

“Hey! You guys know I don’t like it when you do that!” He complained.

“Sorry, Matt, but this just isn’t something I want you to hear.” I told him. He scowled and started doing something on his phone.

I told Zara everything that had happened this morning. She didn’t say anything all the way through, and when I finished and looked up at her, her eyes were ready to hit the floor.

“Are…you serious?” She asked, completely flabbergasted. I just nodded and looked down at the table miserably. “Oh….” We were back to English now and the cryptic questions made Matt that much more curious. He looked towards us in contempt.

“What am I supposed to do now? How can I go back there? And Ta- his panda friend wants me to come over after the lecture – and I told him yes.” I asked Zara, hoping she would be able to help my hopeless situation. Suddenly she started laughing loudly. The other students in the café looked towards our table as if we were crazy. “What are you laughing about?” I asked her in confusion.

“I…I…haha…I can’t believe you did that and he was awake! Hahaha!” She said between her guffaws. I glared at her.

“Did what? Did you someone?” Matt asked. I turned my glare towards him.

“No, I did not.” I said through clenched teeth.

“Ohh, someone’s acting all defensive!” He smirked at me.

“I didn’t anyone!” I hissed quietly.

“Yeah, she just molested him, and he turned out to be awake when she thought he was asleep, haha!” Zara informed him.

“ZARA!!” I couldn’t believe she had just said that. I turned red and hung my head downwards.

“I see…did he like it?” He laughed.

“Would you guys shut up?!” I looked at them with my mouth hanging open. How could they joke about it like that when they knew I was feeling so horrid about it?

“Sorry, it’s just too funny!” Zara said, holding her stomach with tears running down her cheeks.

“That’s it, I’m leaving.” I said, and got up from the table.

“No, no! Wait! Sit down and we’ll think of something.” Matt said, holding my arm. He pulled me back into my seat and stopped himself from chuckling. I sat down, and looked at them with a pout. Matt straightened his face and then looked at me. “Ok, so… what was his reaction?” He asked. I could tell he was trying to keep himself from laughing. I sighed and thought about it. I remembered Kris’ red face and his wide eyes.

“He…looked shocked…like he was embarrassed. I dunno’…he was all red and wide-eyed.” I said and looked away.

“Hmmm…can I ask why you did it?” He asked, giggling a little. I refused to look at him.

“I…thought I was…I was drunk and not quite with it, ok? I thought I was dreaming and my hand was in his shirt when I woke up…I don’t even know what I did to him last night…” I trailed off and put my face in my hands.

“Was he drunk too?” Matt asked.

“No…I don’t know but as far as I remember I didn’t see him drink anything.” I told him. He took a few more details, about how we ended up in the state we were in when we woke up, if I remembered anything else.

“Ok…well as far as I can tell, he was probably shocked and embarrassed like you were, because he wasn’t expecting something like that to happen. Uh…just…next time you see him, just act like nothing even happened.”

“Nothing happened? Won’t he think I’m just a weird, y, man-abuser, who just molests guys and then acts like everything is ok?!?” I wasn’t convinced of his plan even a tiny bit.

“Why do you care what he thinks?” He asked. I looked towards him, and there was a mischievous glint in his eyes. I looked away, feeling warmth spreading through my cheeks.

“I-I don’t. It’s just…I don’t like people thinking things about me that aren’t true.” I said. Matt opened his mouth to speak, but my phone rang. I took it out of my bag and looked at it. I almost dropped it again – Kidnapper. I looked at it with wide eyes.

“Who is it?” Zara asked. I handed the phone to her with shaking hands. She raised an eyebrow but took it. She laughed when she saw the caller ID and picked it up. “Oh…annyeong. Neh…Zara ibnida. Arasseo, oppa.” She got up and went outside the café with my phone. I sighed in relief and looked at Matt. He was smiling at me.

“What?” I asked him.

“It was him, wasn’t it?” He asked. I scowled at him and nodded. “Ok, well…you seem to be quite worried about what this fellow thinks of you…” I glared at him but he continued. “So the best thing to do would be to just talk to him about it. Explain to him that you were drunk and didn’t know what you were doing, and apologize for making him feel uncomfortable. I’m sure he will understand if he is a nice guy.” He said.

That was probably the best piece of advice I had ever heard him give to anyone. Matt was an extremely nice guy (although he would never admit to that – he liked to think of himself as an evil mastermind), but he had a hard time being serious. He joked about anything and everything, and when a serious topic ever came up, he would laugh about it and avoid the subject.

“I…think that’s…a good idea.” I said and smiled at him gratefully. He laughed and patted my shoulder.

“Of course it’s a good idea. Whose idea is it? Think before you say silly things, Sirrah.” He said and stuck his tongue out at me. I punched him playfully on the arm. Zara came back in and handed my phone back to me.

“Everything ok?” I asked her. She nodded and smiled at me angelically – and just from her too-innocent smile, I could tell something was up. I narrowed my eyes at her, but her expression didn’t falter. I would have to find out later what she was up to.

“It’s time for our lecture. Shall we get going and then go visit your friends afterwards?” She asked me, grinning. I pouted and nodded, getting up and slinging my bag over my shoulder.

“Thanks, Matt. See you later.” I said to him and waved.

“Sure, anytime love.” We started walking off, but he called out behind us. “Ehem!” We turned around to look at him. His eyes were on Zara. “You forgetting something, lady?” He asked. Zara looked confused, but then her eyes twinkled in realisation and she ran up to him. She gave him a soft peck on the lips and then came back to join me. Matt looked satisfied. I chuckled at the pair and then we left Matt in the café and made our way to our building.

Three hours later, we were free and we walked across the campus towards my car. It was drizzling slightly.

“I am so not ready for this.” I sighed. Zara laughed.

“Don’t worry, it could get a lot worse, so chill out.” She said, pulling out her umbrella.

“I don’t see how it could.” I said. I heard Zara mumble something under her breath. I thought it sounded like ‘you’ll see how’ but that wouldn’t make sense, so I let it go. We got in the car and I drove us to EXO’s apartment, hyperventilating the whole way. Zara kept telling me to calm down, and tried numerous times to distract me, but nothing worked. I wouldn’t be at peace until I knew Kris didn’t have the wrong idea about me. Why do I even care? I didn’t know why but I couldn’t let him think those things about me, no matter what the reason.

We arrived at the apartment and I parked my car. It took Zara ten minutes to finally pull me out of the car and I still wouldn’t move. She had to literally drag me to the door. I was dreading going inside. Who knew what would happen. Zara pressed the doorbell and pushed me in front of her. The door opened. I felt the blood drain out of my face.

Why did YOU have to be the one to open the door?!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUUHHH!!! What's going to happen now?!?! Why could Zara be acting suspicious? Stay tuned and find out!! haha! Enjoy guys ^^ <3