It's Exo

Meeting By Coincidence

Kris looked down at me with a polite smile.

“It’s not a problem, it was just an accident.” He said in English, his Canadian accent obvious.

Oh my God, his voice….I thought.

He held out my handbag for me to take and I absentmindedly put out a hand, palm up, towards it. When I didn’t make a move to take it out of his hands, he gently placed the strap in my hand and took hold of his own backpack. He pulled it towards himself but I didn’t let go of the strap, although unintentionally. I couldn’t think at the moment. He pulled on the strap again and I still didn’t let go. The third time he tugged a little more forcefully and the strap came out of my grip.

“Uh…Thanks,” he said, giving me an awkward smile and turned to go, striding away quickly. He had gotten a few metres away when I snapped out of my trance and ran after him.

“Wait!” I called out to him. He stopped and turned to look at me.

“Yes?” He asked, a perplexed look on his face.

I fidgeted a bit, unsure of what to say. Should I really do this?....Well, I’m already hallucinating, so what’s the harm? I thought. Kris’ expression became even more confused when I started rummaging around in my bag. I pulled out a notepad and pen and held them out to him.

“…What?” he asked, completely dumbfounded now. He was probably wondering why he had to bump into a crazy one.

“Can I…Can I have your autograph please?” I asked shakily.

“Autogra- you know who I am?” he asked.

I looked down and mumbled, “Of course I know who you are…Exo’s Kris.” I slowly looked up at him.

His confused expression finally turned to one of realisation, and he laughed as it all made sense to him now. I was just another crazed fan girl – nothing he hadn’t dealt with before. He took the pen and paper from my hands and started signing his name. “You want any personalised message?” he asked.

“No…just your name will do.” I said quietly, unable to take my eyes off of his face. Even if I had wanted something personalised I probably wouldn’t have been able to think of anything then. He finished and handed my things back to me with a smile. I was just about to thank him when someone called his name from behind.

“Kris?” The voice called.

Kris turned to look at the owner of the voice and I peeked around him to see Lu Han and Tao come up beside him. They didn’t even look at me, so they didn’t notice my eyes widening. They started speaking to him in Mandarin. They asked him something I couldn’t understand and then Kris pointed to me. I looked up at them with sparkling eyes. All these handsome, tall boys standing here with me….I must have really hit my head hard.

“Oh…Hello.” Lu Han said in an awkward way. He clearly wasn’t comfortable with English. Tao just hid himself behind Kris. Cute.

I smiled at him and then looked around. No one seemed to be paying us any attention, which was good; I didn’t want them mobbed by a swarm of fans. Kris seemed to have noticed my cautious scanning. I looked back at Lu Han and extended the pen and paper towards him.

I tried to ask him for an autograph in Korean, which I had taught to myself over the past two years. All three of the boys looked at me, a little shocked. There could only be two reasons: 1. My Korean was so off target that they were now brain damaged. 2. It was obvious I was not Korean or of any eastern Asian decent and here I was speaking Korean which was too strange to them. I had a fleeting suspicion it was the first…

Lu Han quickly and quietly signed my paper, and Tao did so too, shyly coming out from behind Kris. After they were done, they handed my notepad back and politely gave me a small bow. They said goodbye, thanked me for my support and walked away, slowly disappearing into the crowd. And me? I just stood there looking after them for a few minutes, even after I had lost sight of them. After my heart stopped fluttering in my chest, I turned around and slowly started making my way to the underground again. I felt like I was in a daze.

As I got near the row of shops, something caught my eye, being kicked around on the floor. It looked like a phone or camera, so I ran after it.  I finally reached it after it got kicked up to a wall and stopped moving. I reached down and picked it up. It was a phone and an expensive looking one at that – one of those big Samsung touch screen phones. I pressed the power button and the Samsung logo showed and then faded out. Battery dead.

“Oh well, I’ll have to find out later who it belongs to.” I said to myself and put it in my bag.

I checked my watch again and silently cursed to myself. I ran into the underground, towards my train.

There was no way I was going to make it on time.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2!! Enjoy! ^^ - Im currently writing out the next chapter, so look forward to it. And dont forget to subscribe!