Camping

Meeting By Coincidence

 

It was cute how she blushed every time I caught her doing something. I waited for her to look at me again. I didn’t have to wait long. She turned her pretty face towards me and realised I had been staring at her. She turned a deeper shade of pink and turned her face away again. I could see her breathing was speeding up as well. Was she nervous? Scared? What was it?

“What’s wrong, Sirrah?” I asked her gently.

“N-nothing.” She stuttered. I chuckled softly. She wasn’t going to tell me.

“Did you have fun yesterday?” I enquired, wondering what she would say about what happened while she was drunk.

She didn’t answer for a minute. I started to wonder if she would answer at all. “I…don’t remember anything.” She finally said quietly. I raised an eyebrow. That was not what I had been expecting.

“Really?” I asked. She nodded her head up and down. I didn’t believe her. I decided to let it go but I wanted to carry on talking to her. What to talk about now?

“You’re pretty fast. I was surprised you outran Kai.” I said. She turned around and smiled at me now that we were on an easier subject. Ok, so she will talk fine if she is comfortable. I committed that to memory.

“Thanks. He would have actually caught me if he hadn’t fallen over. I hope I didn’t hurt him.” A worried expression came over her face. She’s so kind. Always thinking of others before her.

“Don’t worry, he’s fine. He wouldn’t be running around like that if he was hurt.” I said to her, pointing to Kai a little way off. A small smile pulled her lips upwards.

“Yeah, you’re right.” She said. Suddenly a low pitched scream shot through the woods. We both turned towards the source to see Chanyeol being chased down by Kai, the former yelling and flapping his arms around as he sprinted towards us. Sirrah scrambled up from the floor and hid behind the tree to make sure neither of them hit her, which seemed likely from the speed at which they were moving. I got up and joined her. Kai shot forwards and grabbed Chanyeol’s shirt and pushed him to the side which sent him sprawling into the dirt.

“Chanyeol!” Sirrah shrieked from in front of me as Kai reached the tree. She ran over to Chanyeol and crouched down next to him. “Channie, are you ok?!” She asked him, tugging on his arm. I felt a small pang of jealousy watching her fuss over him like that, although I knew it was just her being her normal caring self. He turned around and grinned up at her.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He said. Sirrah sighed in relief and then turned a furious glare towards Kai.

“What?” Kai asked, widening his eyes and smiling like an angel. He’s trying to act innocent.

“Don’t try to act innocent.”  Sirrah said, voicing exactly what I had just been thinking. “He could have gotten hurt!” She said to him in an angry tone. Chanyeol just watched her tell Kai off with a small smile.

Kai rubbed the back of his neck. “It’s just grass…” He mumbled.

“Doesn’t matter, Kai. No pushing, shoving, tripping or anything else. Just racing, ok? I know you boys get competitive but I don’t want any of you getting hurt, alright?” She scolded him. I glanced quickly at Kai and laughed at his bashful expression. I turned my eyes back to Sirrah, as she looked at him seriously. She normally acted pretty laid-back, and came across as childish and cute. It was a pleasant change to see her serious, mature side.

“Arasseo, noona. Mian.” Kai said turning slightly red. Sirrah immediately smiled at him, back to her normal self.

“It’s ok since he’s not hurt, otherwise you would have been in trouble.” She grinned as Kai widened his eyes in fear – and I could tell it was genuine. It was the way he looked when he got threatened by his hyungs…mostly me and Suho. Chanyeol smiled happily and hugged Sirrah. Again, the jealousy... I didn’t know why I was feeling that way. Maybe it was because I could tell Chanyeol liked her as well. From the way he looked at her to how he was always looking for chances of skinship. So far, Sirrah seemed to be oblivious to it, though. I had admitted to myself that I was developing feelings for her as well. There was no point in denying it. I didn’t know if she could see that I was starting to like her too, but I knew Lu Han could. I could tell he was always up to something, trying to bring us closer together, although I hadn’t alerted him that I knew of his plans yet. Speaking of the devil…

Lu Han and Sehun both hit the tree at the same time. No one saw them coming.

“Hi there.” Sehun said. Kai turned around and his eyes bugged out as he saw both of them standing there.

“Hey! How did you- I didn’t even see you guys!” He complained.

“Yeah…we were hiding on the other side of the base. You didn’t even bother looking there, and since you seemed to be busy getting told off here, we decided to surprise you.” Lu Han explained. His eyes shifted to the floor. “Well, don’t you two look comfortable?” He said, raising an eyebrow at Sirrah and Chanyeol who were still sitting on the floor. God bless you, Lu Han. Sirrah noticed Chanyeol still had his arms around her. She quickly removed them and got up. Chanyeol pouted and then got up, as Lu Han eyed him suspiciously. I laughed at the way Lu Han was acting. He turned his face towards me and smiled angelically as if nothing was wrong.

“Go find the others, hyung!” Sehun said, and pushed Kai off towards the trees again. He made a face then trudged off.

The rest of us sat down on the grass surrounding the home base and talked about nonsense while Kai found the rest. They joined us one by one, some making it to base before Kai, and some not. The last one to be found was Suho. He didn’t make it to base before Kai but he was safe. Sirrah got up and hi-fived Suho as he reached us.

“Well done, oppa! You don’t have to seek now.” She laughed.

“Yay me, then.” Suho said, grinning back.

“Chingu-yah! You were so fast! It was like a tornado when you were running!” Baekhyun yelled as the other boys nodded. Sirrah blushed at the comment.

“So, who’s seeking now?” Chen asked. All eyes turned towards me, and I sighed. I was not looking forwards to this. Sirrah giggled as she saw my expression. I stared at her blankly and her laughter immediately stopped and she looked away with wide eyes. Cute, she’s scared of me.

I put my head against my arms, which I propped up on the tree. “Life’s so hard.” I mumbled to myself. Sulk. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to face Lu Han.

“It’s ok, man. You’ll live.” Lu Han snickered. I turned around to see the rest of the kids still standing there, also sniggering.

“Well, go and hide then.” I told them, turning around to the tree again. I started counting and heard shuffling as they all ran off. I could hear them giggling like three year olds as they hid behind the trees. Soon everything became silent as I finished my countdown. I shouted out that I was coming and then turned around, scanning the trees for any sign of the kids. There was nothing. I knew who my target was though. I moved through the trees, deeper into the woods.

I heard a scrape behind me. I turned to see Kai smirking at me as he ran towards home base. Oh well. I moved further in. Another scrape. This time it was Chanyeol running. I let him get away. I kept moving forwards as the one by one the boys all ran to home base without me even following them.

“Gege, what are you doing? You’re not even catching us!” Tao complained.

“He’s looking for a special someone.” Lu Han told him. I heard Tao giggling. What does that kid know? Lu Han hasn’t taken him under his wing has he?

“I think he’s looking for Sirrah noona since she got him caught first.” Kai said.

“Yeah, I did just say special someone.” Lu Han said with a sigh, but in Mandarin. Tao giggled again. I heard noise behind me and Zara skipped out from behind a tree. She pointed off to my left as if to signal that someone was hiding there and then ran back to home base. I looked at them. All of EXO and Zara were there. That left only Sirrah still hiding. Great, just what I wanted. I smirked and moved in the direction Zara had pointed to. Suddenly, I felt something hit my back. I turned around and saw a twig falling to the ground. I looked up to see Sirrah grinning at me. I took a step forward and she spun around and started sprinting towards home base.

I shot forwards and followed her. There was no way I was going to let her get there before me. I moved as fast as I could and smirked when I was gaining on her. She turned around and shrieked when she saw how close I was. We were nearing the home base and I sped up even more. Sirrah was fast, but I knew I was faster. I was barely a metre away from her now. I reached out and wrapped my arms around her waist, spinning her around. She screamed as she was lifted off of the ground, then again as I threw her over my shoulder.

“What are you doing?! Put me down!!” She yelled.

“Sorry, but there is no way I am repeating my turn.” I told her, only slightly out of breath as I walked towards the home base casually. Sirrah squirmed and kicked her legs around. We had been in the exact same position just last night. The only difference was that she was now sober.

“THIS IS CHEATING!” She screamed again as I reached home base and touched my hand to the tree.

“Oh well.” I said and put her down. She dropped onto the floor and shot murderous glares towards me but my attention was elsewhere. The rest of EXO were staring at me with open mouths. I raised an eyebrow. “What?”

“You…you ran…” Lay was completely shocked.

“Yeah, so?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“You’re even faster than Jongin hyung!” Sehun yelled.

“And?”

“B-but! Why didn’t you ever tell us? Why didn’t you run before?” Kai stuttered.

“There wasn’t any need?” I gave him a quizzical look.

Lu Han smirked at me, “And now there was?”

I glared at him. Whose side was he on? “Yeah, of course there was. I didn’t want to repeat my turn again.” I told him blankly.

Lu Han didn’t look convinced. “Right, sure.” I rolled my eyes and turned around to see Chanyeol walking towards a sulking Sirrah. He wrapped his arms around her shoulder from behind, resting his head on hers.

“Don’t worry Sirrie, I’ll help you catch them in the next turn!” He squeezed her lovingly. I had to supress the urge to vomit. I looked towards Lu Han expectantly, although he wasn’t watching me. He was looking at Sirrah and Chanyeol with an irritated expression.

“What kind of nickname is Sirrie?” He mumbled as he walked towards them. I chuckled. He was like my personal soldier of love, getting rid of any rivals for me. “Chanyeol! Skinship is not allowed!” He scolded him, pulling Sirrah out of his arms. She wrapped her arms around Lu Han instead, still wallowing.

“Awww, don’t worry, mei-mei.” He her hair. Chanyeol glared at Lu Han.

“Yah, hyung, I thought you said no skinship.” Chanyeol pouted.

“There's a difference between you and me, Chanyeol-ah.” Lu Han stuck his tongue out at him. Sirrah peeked out from Lu Han’s embrace to glare at me.

“You’re such a cheater!” She cried again. I couldn’t help but laugh at her childishness.

“Oh well, get over it.” I smirked as she shot imaginary daggers my way again. “So are you going to do your turn?” I asked, grinning at her. She pouted and walked towards the base. She seemed to have second thoughts as she turned around and walked back to me. She swung her arm back and thwacked my arm as hard as she could. I…didn’t really feel anything.

“Take that!” She had an adorable scowl on her face as she walked back to home base. I laughed.

“Ow?” I said.

“Owww indeed! Serves you right.” I laughed even harder. She doesn’t get it, does she? She turned around to glare at me. “What’s so funny?” She asked.

“Nothing.” I tried to straighten my face up.

“No, no, please do tell me.” She said, putting her hands on her hips. She was so angry, but it was endearing her to me even more. The boys laughed at her expression too.

“I don’t think you really hurt him, noona.” Kai said. Her expression fell.

“Really?” She looked back at me in disbelief.

“Really.” I said, grinning. She yelled in frustration and turned around again. I started laughing again.

“Wow, Duizhang, I haven’t seen you laugh so heartily in a while.” Lu Han pointed out. I stopped immediately and glared at him. As much as I was cheering him on for keeping Chanyeol away from Sirrah, I didn’t want him making me too obvious to her either. “What?” He looked at me questioningly.

“You should know when to stop talking.” I told him in Mandarin. He pouted.

“I’m counting!” Sirrah called out, turning towards the tree. So we all went and hid. We carried on like that for a few more games, Sehun seeking next, then Lay after him and finally Xiu Min.

“I’m not…repeating my turn again. Too tired.” Xiu Min said, falling onto the floor. His chubby cheeks were pink and he was breathing heavy. Chen flopped down next to him.

“What do we do now?” He asked. I looked up at the sky. It was starting to get dark.

“We should set the tents up before it gets too dark.” I suggested.

“You’re right, hyung. Come on guys.” Suho said, leading the way out of the woods, back towards our camp site.

SIRRAH’S POV

Chanyeol, D.O and Sehun grabbed a tent and walked away with it, swiftly pulling the bag open and fiddling around with the bits efficiently. I grabbed Zara’s arm as she walked past me.

“Zara, look… Derp Squad are tenting together!” I giggled. Zara was laughing, but she didn’t seem surprised. I was about to question her lack of enthusiasm but we were interrupted.

“What’s Derp Squad?” Kris stuck his head between ours, asking us in English. I turned around to him.

“Hey! You shouldn’t eavesdrop on people!” I yelled at him. Nosy parker.

“Not my fault you don’t remember I’m Canadian and linguistically talented. Try talking in a language I don’t understand.” He smirked at me playfully. I could tell he was joking but it flipped me off nonetheless. You’re not the only one linguistically talented.

“Oh yeah?” I in a deep breath. He asked for it. “Rishte mein to hum tumhare baap lag te hain. Log humhe Shehanshah kehte hain!” I busted out the best line I could think of from an Indian movie. Not that I’m Indian, but I understood the language just fine. Zara and Kris looked equally as stunned as they stood there with wide eyes and their mouths open.

“Sorry…” Kris mumbled. He perked up again, “But really, what is Derp Squad?”

I sighed and pulled out my phone. I brought up the pictures of Chanyeol, D.O and Sehun with their funny expressions and turned the phone around to show Kris.

His eyes widened for a second and then he burst into laughter. “Oh my God! That’s too funny!” He panted between his guffaws. “I have to show them. One minute, please!” He pulled my phone out of my hands and ran towards the boys who already had their tent set up. D.O was crawling into it when Kris pushed him from behind and then crawled inside with them. “Guys, look at this!” He laughed, disappearing into the tent. Zara and I followed him and crawled inside too.

“Hey, what the hell?” Chanyeol yelled, eyeing his picture.

“Haha, oh my god!” Sehun laughed pointing at D.O, whose eyes were wide as he stared at the screen.

Sehun carried on laughing until his picture came up. He started choking on his own spit. “What is that? Who took that?!”

He yelled. I was enjoying their reactions very much.

“You guys should keep better control over your faces.” Kris laughed.

“Actually, Kris, most of you happen to be strong candidates for joining the Derp Squad, even you.” I smirked at him. He scoffed, not believing me. I took the phone out of his hands and pulled up another picture, turning it around to face him.

“No! Nooo! Oh God…that was on Happy Camp ages ago!... It’s not my fault. I was having fun.” He handed the phone back to me and looked away. I didn’t hold back my laughter. Kris glared at me, but he had a small smile on his lips. I was glad he wasn’t seriously angry, and to be honest, it was the liveliest I had seen him since I had met EXO.

“Right, anyway, now you know what Derp Squad is, I need to go find myself a tent and someone to share with.” I smiled at the boys before shuffling out of the tent. Kris and Zara followed me. The other boys picked up tents and started setting them up as Zara ran towards Lu Han. I looked around for more tents and saw one by Lu Han’s feet. He picked it up when he saw me going towards it.

“Here, your tent.” Lu Han said, throwing the tent towards Kris.

“What about mine, oppa?” I asked Lu Han.

He smirked at me evilly. “You're sharing with Kris.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Le update for you! My laptop was fried so i couldnt type anymore or update at all =( But i hope you enjoy this ^^ EXO meets the Derp Squad....i absolutely love EXO derps...they are the best <3 

Happy reading! And comments are always loved...... ¬.¬